The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

SURVIVOR BLOWS STATE OF THE SPOILING

”He May be a Snake, but he’s my Snake!”

Welcome friends to another SOTS at Reality TV World. We are here to collectively try and spoil EPMB’s Survivor series, one episode at a time! Please feel free to join in on our quest with your insights, your observations, and especially with your speculation. It’s our collective opinions, right or wrong, that we like to put to the test. Please take the time to stop by and read our Community Guidelines. They have kept this site running smoothly and make it such a great place to hang out!

Last week most of us guessed correctly that GC would be voted out of the Fang tribe. Kudos to Brownroach who was, I think, the first to say if it’s GC who goes than the reason he goes is because he indicates that he wants to leave. And that’s exactly what he did! Nice insight there, BR!

Let’s see what’s in store for Week 6 of Survivor: Gabon. Let's look at the evidence:

The Clues

First, we have the Clues brought to you by yours truly. Now keep in mind, that according to the OFG Theory, these clues are sequential and at least one of them most likely will contain the BOOT story.

Clue 1: One tribe makes a lucky catch that results in an exotic feast.

The consensus is that this occurs at Tribe KOTA, as they have the fishing equipment. This clue does not contain any kind of boot story.

Clue 2: One castaway’s guilt drives her to tears on her stay at Exile.

Everyone agrees that this clue is referring to Sugar. Fang once again loses the Reward Challenge and Sugar is sent back to Exile Island where she begins to feel guilty. Will this guilt inspire her to take some kind of action this week? We will see.

Clue 3: In the wake of a tough loss, one castaway’s emotional outburst causes her to become a target.

Applying the Ofg Theory, there is agreement that this clue could be the one containing the Boot story. While some (Flowerpower) think that it will be Crystal who has the outburst, b1whois believes that it is Kelly who has the outburst and is at risk for being voted off. However, as we have a vidcap showing Crystal in tears, we now know that this clue is referring to Crystal.

Clue 4: One castaway’s large appetite has his tribe on edge as the camp’s rations begin to dwindle.

Some think this is Ace over at Fang, while others think it may be Dan over at Kota. I’m going with Dan over at Kota. The nu-Kotas stories have been playing out over the last few episodes. They start out with the tribal switch where we hear Marcus tell us that the first two on the chopping block are Randy and Susie. However, over the next two episodes, we are shown Randy and Susie’s strategies to stay in the game -- Randy will quietly prove his worth in the challenges and hold off on the eating, while Susie will work hard around Camp. Dan, on the other hand, is overly enthusiastic at Camp Kota and is causing the original Kotas to doubt his sincerity. Once they see what a glutton he is this week, it will only serve to seal his fate – he will be the first nu-Kota voted out if and when they ever lose Immunity. Unfortunately, Dan’s story is all about his ineptitude in playing this game. I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see the nu-Kota tribe lose immunity NEXT week where they will say good-bye to Dan. Therefore, this is the beginning of Dan’s boot story that will happen next week!

Clue 5: The hidden immunity idol changes possession, rousing suspicion for one castaway

Aha! We are told that the HII does indeed change hands. In order for this to happen, than it must be Fang who loses the Immunity Challenge, sending them back to Tribal Council.

According to the wise Brownroach ”It looks like they (Fang) are confronted with the same choice this week as last week -- vote out someone who apparently wants to quit, or try to do something about the idol.” Now this is something we can sink our teeth into.

Based on the discussion in the Clue thread, we are going back and forth between Ace, Sugar, Crystal and Kelly as our Boot choices. This is just the tip of the iceberg this week folks, and as Michel tells us, we must wait to gather more information before we can make any kind of conclusion.

The Vidcaps

What’s next, you ask? Why it’s the Vidcaps brought to us by Brownroach.

Fortunately, this week, we’ve been given a lot of Vidcaps to sink our teeth into.

Vidcaps No. 1

In the first series of vidcaps, we see the image of a Snake with its mouth wide open immediately preceding an image of Crystal (blurred) and Kelly.

Ace and Matty make a pact.

Sugar asks Ace if she should give him her Hidden Immunity Idol.

Featured in these vidcaps are: Ace, Matty, Ken, Sugar, Crystal, Kelly

At this point, it is determined that Ace has a plan! Who will be his Benedict Arnold? Matty will. Sugar will give him her Immunity Idol.

Vidcaps No. 2

The second series of vidcaps tell us …

Sugar <talking to Ken>: I gave Ace the idol.
Ken: What?

Announcer: Is this the biggest blunder in Survivor history?

The words “Biggest Blunder” are clearly present over Sugar.

Ace <talking to Sugar>: “Trust me. “

Announcer: Two extreme challenges test the castaways

In this Challenge, we see Matty and Ken tied together.

Here are Marcus and Dan tethered …

and finally, Crystal and Ace are tied together …

This challenge looks similar to the cat and mouse challenge from Survivor: Half-A$$ where Amy injured her knee and Jonathan was cut in the thigh and suffered the game-ending injury. This time the DAWs must run through the woods and it appears, through constructed obstacles. Also we see that Sugar is seen telling Ken she has given the idol to Ace. She is seen with the words "Biggest Blunder" written over her. It is assumed by the viewer that she is acting on Ace’s direction. However, what is Ken’s role in all of this? Ace has to think that Ken will immediately communicate this to his alliance-mates Kelly and Crystal.

Featured in these vidcaps are: Ace, Crystal, Sugar, Ken, Matty, Marcus, Dan.

Vidcaps No. 3

Next, we are shown the “PIP” vidcaps …

Announcer: Thursday on Survivor, could two of the most difficult challenges ever cause someone to quit?

These vidcaps show both tribes carrying a large “snake” and they start and end with Kelly’s picture.

Should we make the assumption that it is Kelly who will threaten to quit? In my opinion, yes! Will this seal her fate this week? We’ll see.

Vidcaps No. 4

Lastly, we have yet another series of vidcaps with another voiceover …

"Will the most losing tribe finally break their streak?"
This week unfortunately, they will not!

Next, we see Crystal wiping a tear away and saying, "Don't mistake my tears for a sign of weakness."

And lastly, a close-up of Kelly.

As Ctgirl tells us, now we have Ace, Sugar, Crystal and Kelly all featured in one promo!

The Conclusion

What can we learn from these clues and vidcaps, you ask? Well, pay attention and I’ll tell you.

1. There will be two extremely tough and physical challenges which may or may not cause one of the survivors to considering quitting. Consensus is the one threatening to quit is Kelly. However, Kota will win both challenges, sending Sugar to Exile and Fong to Tribal Council. Clue 2 supports this -- Sugar goes to Exile Island where she will feel guilty.

2. Crystal will have an emotional outburst after a tough challenge loss. We know this from Clue Number 3 + the last series of vidcaps where we are shown Crystal crying. Is this the Boot story? Possibly. Will this cause her to become a “target.” I say no it won't. This is misdirection.

3. We know from Clue 5 that Sugar will give her Immunity Idol to Ace rousing suspicion for one castaway. Who is a "castaway?" The only one who has been cast off to Exile Island each week is Sugar. However, Ace will have a plan. First, he makes a pact with Matty. Next, he has Sugar tell Ken that she has given her idol to him. Ace thinks he will reign supreme. This tells us that indeed, he will not!

There are only two choices here. First, if Ace’s plan works, than one of Kelly, Crystal and Ken will be voted out. In this scenario, it has to be Kelly. Ace has disliked her from their early days at Kota. He has written her name down at Tribal Council twice. IF all goes according to his plan, than I say the bootee will be Kelly.

Our second alternative is what happens if Ace’s plan fails? Then it must be either Sugar or Ace who will go home. There are two clues this week that point to Sugar – Clue 2 tells us she feels guilty. Clue 5 tells us she gives her HII away, rousing suspicion for one castaway. Add them both up and this is our Boot Story this week.

There is one more piece of evidence that is also relevant to examine here. It is Jiffy’s Blog where he talks about the Hidden Immunity Idol. Pre-show he tells us:

This is the one thing that can keep you safe in the game and yet – if you're not careful – it’s the thing that will get you voted out the fastest.

He goes on to state after Episode 5:

Question: Why do Survivors continue to leave the idol in their bag? This makes no sense. There are millions, yes millions of spots you could bury or hide the idol. This one really confuses me. Survivor is not the time to test the trustworthiness of people. Sugar, hide the damn thing. You go to all that work to find it and then you give its power away by letting everybody know you have it.

Sugar was not careful to hide the idol, and Jiffy said this was a bad mistake. This was the one thing that could keep her safe, and she gave it away. We’ve had a lot of boot candidates this week including all of Crystal, Kelly, Ace and Sugar. However, in my opinion, this week our booty will be:

Jessica “Sugar” Kiper
The Pin-Up Model

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reward Challenge: Kota
Immunity Challenge: Kota
Bootee: Sugar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two of the reasons why Survivor Blows is the greatest Survivor board on the Internet are our very own Veruca Salt and Georjanna. They continue to grace our boards with wonderful and thought-provoking threads that are beyond compare.

For insight into the ebbs and flos of the editing of Survivor Veruca Salt’s The Players, The Game, The Editing Thread is a must read!

Also, we have greatness in the house! This season Georjanna has outdone herself and posted a more-than-phenomenal must read thread entitled Signs of Survivor Gabon. It looks at the Survivors from an astrological perspective and provides so much insight! The artwork alone is incredible and serves to enhance the information provided to us by Georjanna.

Estee brings us the Survivor Gabon Post-ouster Interviews Thread and this is always worth reading.

For discussion of the week’s SeeBS Insider Clips, see b1whois’s Thread entitled Episode 6 Insider Videos.

Also, don’t forget to vote in dabo’s Vote Thread.

Happy Halloween every one!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... CTgirl 10-22-08 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... Brownroach 10-22-08 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... Flowerpower 10-22-08 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... redbeard103152 10-22-08 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... emydi 10-22-08 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... kircon 10-22-08 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... whoami 10-22-08 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... michel 10-22-08 8
   RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... Flowerpower 10-22-08 9
 WOW Scarlett O Hara 10-24-08 10
   RE: WOW emydi 10-24-08 11
   RE: WOW CTgirl 10-24-08 12
   RE: WOW b1whois 10-24-08 13
   RE: WOW michel 10-24-08 14
       RE: WOW Flowerpower 10-24-08 15
   RE: WOW television 10-24-08 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... Georjanna 10-25-08 17
   RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor ... Scarlett O Hara 10-28-08 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-08, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Brava Scar!

Your SOTS is riveting reading this week - phenomenal job. I was leaning towards a Sugar boot and you confirmed my thoughts. I can't wait to see it all play out.

Another Tribe Creation

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Kudos to Brownroach who was, I think, the first to say if it’s GC who goes than the reason he goes is because he indicates that he wants to leave.

Thanks for the compliment, Scar, but then I voted for Kelly because I decided GC wasn't going to ask to leave after all.

Great SOTS for this week!

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"

WOW, you hit a home run with this one, Scarlett! Well done, you covered all the bases and I have to say, after much waffling on my part, I'm WITH YOU! Not to be redundant, but here's some of my rationale...

Jiffy also commented in his preview for the episode last week that Ken is starting to lead, but we never saw that last week. It may become apparent this week. I think Ken may overrule Crystal this week as to who to direct their votes to. It will either be, try and flush out the idol with a Sugar boot, OR it will be to eat one of their own. This week I think they will go after the idol, and Sugar may meet her demise. There is no way that Ken will go with a Kelly vote....she is the daw that is in his back pocket.

If Ken and company can get Sugar out, then it's Ace and Matty vs. Ken, Kelly, Crystal. Matty probably has left his options open with Ken and led him to believe that he is still with him, not revealing that he has made a pact with Ace.

Also, wanted to add that Sugar has clearly been edited as the good in this game of "Good vs. Evil". Jeff told us pre-game that indeed it was the theme of S17. Putting her on a pedestal with the good girl editing....the "dumb blonde pin-up girl" found the idol when the educated lawyer could not...clearly, there is more to Sugar than we thought. She was afraid to get wet, but she did what she had to do...blah, blah, blah!

I think, as Veruca Salt does, that she is edited to be so GOOD, so that whoever is responsible for her boot (ACE), will look even more evil. Clearly, this could be to set up ACE as the clear and present villain of S17.

Regardless, I think Ken and company will vote for Sugar, and the "others" will vote for Kelly. If Kelly were to be voted out this week, which she certainly could, then I think Sugar will meet her demise inadvertantly by Ace using the idol on himself this week, which leaves her vulnerable the next time Fang goes to TC.

Congrats Scarlett for pegging the first boot over at Kota as well!

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-22-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Fantastic job Scarlett as usual. I was going to go back to flipping a coin again between Sugar and Kelly until you helped me make up my mind. After bitting the apple at exile our Eve aka Sugar will be kicked out of Eden.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Thanks Scar for a great SOTS

If it is indeed Sugar, I still think Ace will not play the HI and have it in his pocket for next week.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
WOW! Great SOTS Scarlett.

Sugar must have forgotten what happen in Eden.

The Snake gave her an "apple".

She liked it.

She got kicked out of paradise.

Sugar is kick out of Gabon.

I liked the pin-up pictures, especially the Indian with the land of lakes butter.

That took me back to my Midwest childhood. Fold the butter box a certain way, cut around the box that the maiden is holding, open it to expose her bosom.

Thanks Scarlett!!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-22-08, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
You have almost convinced me that Sugar is going this week.
I have been going back and forth between her and Kelly all week. Hope it is Kelly. I want Sugar to stay around for awhile longer.

Great SOTS Scare. Thanks.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-08, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Great SOTS, Scarlett.

This week, EPMB overdid himself with a lot of mis-direction but you've built a very good case for Sugar's boot.

So many different promos make me think that something big happens and Kelly's boot would not be that big a deal.

Unless of course the onslaught of promos is only a way to keep the audience despite the World Series and the episode is another snoozer.

10-22-08, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
This season I almost feel that the climax for Survivor is in the pregame and not necessarily during the show! It sure is fun NOT to have a boot list, let's hope it continues!

10-24-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "WOW"
It appears we should be putting the "Biggest Blunder" over my picture this week!

WoW! What a week of misdirection!! SeeBS is up to some tricks this year, no question about it. The way they presented the Sugar + Ace deal this week, especially putting the words "Biggest Blunder" over Sugar, and Ace uttering the words "Trust me," and "I will reign supreme" were really nothing but Misdirection!

This will certainly change the way I look at vidcaps in the future!

Score 1 for EPMB!!!!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: WOW"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-08 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

this week i'm sticking wtih the OFG theory 1 and the b1 insider theory!! Wonder what the insider has to say this week

but I'll still disect the clues!

whoops etd a not

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WOW"
You still did an awesome job, Scar, on a tough week! And to think the boot story was in the short little PIP promo! We let the "noise" distract us, or misdirect us. I still wonder though, if Sugar is going to make a blunder with her idol down the road, and if we had a little foreshadowing along with some misdirection. Or maybe it's just as michel and outfrontgirl have said, a little smoke and mirrors with the idol because it's a boring season.

Creeped out by Tribe with help from Icecat

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-24-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: WOW"
i second CT girl, you still did an AWESOME job on the SOTS!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-08, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: WOW"
Scarlett, you did your job and did it very well. This isn't a "Best Bet" thread but a "State of the Spoiling" thread and the Spoiling's State was pointing very much in Sugar's direction. Like I wrote, making a case for Sugar staying wasn't easy.

10-24-08, 05:27 PM (EST)
15. "RE: WOW"
I agree Scarlett, you still did a phenomenal job with the SOTS. CBS is getting crafty with the promos, and all the better for us. We knew it could be another coin toss week, between Sugar and Kelly, and I had a hard time ruling out Crystal as well. Just makes us more committed to one upping the EPMB!

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-24-08, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail television Click to send private message to television Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: WOW"
Yeah, it was a great SOTS for a tough week. It's pretty hard to pick out a boot story for Kelly when she has no interesting story to present. I think that's one reason it was hard to see.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-08, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
LAST EDITED ON 10-25-08 AT 03:13 AM (EST)

Scarlett,

Whether the measurement is the established excellence of its content or the character of its established contributors, this is a very distinguished Board. And nowhere is that more evident than in its SOTS thread. I have read every single line of every single one since Palau. And I am always amazed by, and grateful for, not only the uniform quality of its analyses but the generosity of those of you who bring them to us.

So, I would like to add my voice to that of every other here: this was an excellent SOTS and, given the weight of the arguments for it, a very sound conclusion. And for that reason alone I hope you'll reconsider labeling it a 'blunder'.

But I also have another reason to hope that you'll reconsider:

I've, quite literally, framed it.

A great many very nice things have happened to me here. But your encouraging, heartwarming - and so very welcomed - shoutout is the nicest. So, your SOTS is resting in a small easel that I keep beside my computer screen.

Not because I think that I've earned your very kind words. But because I hope that Signs of Survival will someday grow into them.

And that I'll always fit into the ones I most appreciate: "our very own".

You are quite a lady, Miss Scarlett. Thank you.

Georgianna

PS: I am so glad that you like the artwork. I considered doing 'Landscapes' or 'Exotic Animals' (and I will use a few of those), but I've always thought of Gabon's continent as Mother Africa: a phrase that I first heard when I was a child. So ...

10-28-08, 08:03 AM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling Survivor Gabon Wk 6"
Georjanna-
Thank you so much for your kind words. They are so appreciated by me. I am truly touched. It is people like yourself who keep me coming back to these boards. You bring so much to the table with your thoughtful and gracious contributions and demonstrate to all of the "Survivor" community why Survivor Blows is the best place to visit and to stay! Thank you for making this place so special!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •