The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-08, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 04:40 PM (EST)

{Oh, come on. How are we supposed to agree on who's getting snuffed this week if we can't even agree which episode it is?}

{The premiere? Was back to back episodes. Back. To. Back. Episode #1? Was followed by Episode #2. This is not complicated. The only way this could possibly be beyond your comprehension would be if you were a member of the current tepid swamp pool that's supposed to be our cast, and I happen to know your whereabouts during the filming period. We are on Episode #5. Deal with it.}

{If that's the way you're going to be, I'm gonna take my canoe and go home! No, I'm gonna take your canoe and go home! And I'm taking all your rice with me, because you don't deserve to eat any and I'm a special person whom no one really understands! Nyah-nyah!}

{Give him a truck and he'll go away, give him a truck and he'll go away...}

{Can anyone explain to me why the next Immunity challenge will not be the world's first Double-Burton? Or, given the blatancy we've seen from this cast, a Double-Ozzy? There's a minority on both tribes: lose and you can vote off whoever you like, as long as lines stay solid. And despite last week's temporary interruption in dead silence between factions (which happened only because Kelly could not shut up), I think that's still the best strategy, mostly because no one here is bright enough to forge a whole new creation. It's in everyone's best interests to start tossing everything they get -- and how is that possibly good for the game?}

{It isn't.}

{As far as non-tanking goes, the new configuration is a screw-up, and I'm not sure it can be solved by another shake-up -- not unless the numbers don't flex that much. I wouldn't be surprised by another switch, but I also get annoyed when I can't tell your tribal travel pattern without a clue and an extra oxygen supply.}

{I keep telling you: this is Pirate Master on dry land, and Ace is Azmyth. Yo ho, throw the challenge down.}

{Did you just call Sugar a ho?}

{Can I call her an idol idiot? How many Rules Of Alex has she broken? From what the interviews said, the only people on her own tribe who didn't know she has it are quite possibly 'none', and from what the previews showed, she's about to neglect another classic: 'Keep the idol on you at all times: you can't trust other people not to search your stuff.' Yes, with this restricted access broken version, she's one of only two people who could have it without a pass-off, but leaving it behind is begging for a flush-out!}

{Sugar lacks the high-zone storage space...}

{For Sugar, 'smarter than you pass yourself off as' still doesn't translate to 'all that bright'. Remember: the policy for the last few seasons has been to cast an excess of idiots, mostly through recruiting. MB knows he can't match the last major battle of wits, so he's going to hope people enjoy watching a maximum of mistakes. And as we all saw, we personally don't count as 'people'.}

{So basically, you're saying the beating will continue until foolish hope vanishes.}

{Basically.}

{And we're too stupid to give up on foolish hope.}

{Some of you might be. I'll just keep rooting for the elephant.}

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... michel 10-16-08 1
 Recrap vince3 10-16-08 2
   RE: Recrap Estee 10-16-08 3
       RE: Recrap Snidget 10-16-08 9
 Animal shots vince3 10-16-08 4
   RE: Animal shots Estee 10-16-08 11
       RE: Animal shots vince3 10-16-08 13
   RE: Animal shots PepeLePew13 10-16-08 22
       RE: Animal shots Estee 10-16-08 25
           RE: Animal shots Snidget 10-16-08 26
 Electric Fish!!! Snidget 10-16-08 5
   RE: Electric Fish!!! Estee 10-16-08 10
 Rewar vince3 10-16-08 6
   RE: Rewar Snidget 10-16-08 7
       ??? Estee 10-16-08 18
 Counter-edit? Estee 10-16-08 8
   RE: Counter-edit? vince3 10-16-08 12
   RE: Counter-edit? Brownroach 10-17-08 40
 That's foreboding words Sugar: vince3 10-16-08 14
   GC seems to be flipping out moonbaby 10-16-08 17
 And now, the world's stupidest argu... Estee 10-16-08 15
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... mysticwolf 10-16-08 16
 TAR ad vince3 10-16-08 19
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... mysticwolf 10-16-08 20
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... mysticwolf 10-16-08 21
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... emydi 10-17-08 36
 Check please for GC vince3 10-16-08 23
 One Shining Moment. Estee 10-16-08 24
   RE: One Shining Moment. Bebo 10-17-08 39
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... vince3 10-16-08 27
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... mysticwolf 10-16-08 28
       RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... emydi 10-17-08 37
           RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... Brownroach 10-17-08 38
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... vince3 10-16-08 29
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... Estee 10-16-08 30
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 10-16-08 32
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... Loree 10-16-08 33
       RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... PepeLePew13 10-17-08 34
 Live post-episode discussion -- Estee 10-16-08 31
 RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... littlemanduck 10-17-08 35
   RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Co... Estee 10-17-08 41

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
{I'll just keep rooting for the elephant.}

{Oh! So you're the one that got it mad by pulling its tail. I thought it was Gillian trying to get rid of a few players to go back into the game}

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Recrap"
Fang.is.incredibly.stoopid!

10-16-08, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Recrap"
Jeff's joined in the bashing, and he doesn't seem to be enjoying it.

Notice how the opening credits keep mutating to fit the current configuration?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Recrap"
Jeff keeps up the snarky commentary and he's going to have my summary written for me.

10-16-08, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Animal shots"
In a slightly darkened shot first we see a hippo near the Kota camp.

Then an elephant and a youngin.....

And now the soon to be "rampaging" elephant at Fang camp......

10-16-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Animal shots"
And no matter what happens from now on (including his very stupid attempt to get that close), Matty's initial 'this is the greatest moment of my life' expression will keep him off the bottom of the Love List forever. He looked like a three-year old who'd just discovered ice cream.

10-16-08, 06:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Animal shots"
Yeah? Remember what happened the last time we had somebody who was involved with ice cream? It was classic!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Animal shots"
We already had a rampaging elephant in yesterday's debate so did we really need to see another one in tonight's episode?

10-16-08, 07:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Animal shots"
At least this one kept his tongue to himself.

10-16-08, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Animal shots"
*snort*

10-16-08, 06:30 PM (EST)
5. "Electric Fish!!!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_catfish maybe?

10-16-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Electric Fish!!!"
'It can't really be electric. It only shocked you. Bet it won't shock me -- oh. Well, maybe it won't shock her.'

10-16-08, 06:34 PM (EST)
6. "Rewar"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 06:41 PM (EST)

dammit. Should be reward challenge....

Tribe members must toss fruit through a hole above a defending survivor to a teammate who then tosses through a second hole to more teammates who catch and put the fruit in the baskets. Any fruit that hits the ground is considered dead for the challenge. Team with the most weight of fruit wins......

Winners get an herb garden, salt, chili powder and some oil.

Kota wins Reward 18 pounds to 16 pounds, despite Ace's best efforts on defense...........

Sugar needs to get a change of address form, because the Sugar Shack (Exile) is her new home. 3rd trip in a row. The main reasoning is to keep the possibilities down to one person....... and hope she has to play it before the merge.

She's acting like she gave up looking for the idol because the clues were too hard........ (Actually it's because she has the bloody idol, which Kota is acting like she probably does...... You figure if you get enough chances, even a blind squirrel will find a nut.......)

10-16-08, 06:39 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Rewar"
Whack-a-fruit!

10-16-08, 06:49 PM (EST)
18. "???"
No one hit Charlie...

10-16-08, 06:40 PM (EST)
8. "Counter-edit?"
It felt like the entire challenge was focused on how well Thong was finally managing to do, with Ken playing fruit snagger and Ace defending his goal -- but then Kotex won by two pounds anyway?

What's the lesson here? No matter what they do, they'll lose?

10-16-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Counter-edit?"
A reason for someone to say "that this camp is cursed"? Mainly a Fang member?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Counter-edit?"
It looked to me like Thong had more pieces of fruit in their basket at the end. I thought maybe they were actually about to win something. But no.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

10-16-08, 06:47 PM (EST)
14. "That's foreboding words Sugar:"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 06:48 PM (EST)

I have the Idol, I'd be really dumb to be sent home next.......

It's happened before and it can always happen again.......

Meanwhile, GC and Crystal are bickering like a married couple because they're finally starting to ration the rice, and GC's not doing so well with his portion........

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "GC seems to be flipping out"
and Ace is loving the arguments going on because of it.

10-16-08, 06:48 PM (EST)
15. "And now, the world's stupidest argument."
GC: 'How dare you tell me I should eat!'

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Anytime I hear someone say that they'd have to be pretty dumb to be going home next I start having my doubts as to their longevity.

10-16-08, 06:50 PM (EST)
19. "TAR ad"
They're heading West to New Zealand!

10-16-08, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Pretty bad when even the tree mail is snarking on you. "At least prevent the other tribe..." Wonder if they got mail worded differently at the other tribe?

And, now GC has pulled a disappearing act. He's pouting.

10-16-08, 06:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

Blindfolded field hockey played with shields and giant tumbleweeds. Different. Even better. It's PLINKO!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-08 AT 07:53 AM (EST)

tribey would have rocked at this challenge!

10-16-08, 06:59 PM (EST)
23. "Check please for GC"
He went for a boat ride and Fang almost went to Immunity Challenge without him

GC: That would be cool with me.......

Immunity Challenge: Roll a ball downhill through the obstacles while a blindfolded member will try to defend having that ball go in the goals...... different goals, different points.....

Randy calls for Dan, Sugar calls for Ace.

First round: Kota 2, Fang 5
Second round: Kota 4, Fang 5
Third round: Kota 4, Fang 7 (both tried to stop their own team's ball.... Dan succeeded doing that)
Fourth round: Kota 6, Fang 7 (Ace took the shield into his face, owie....)
Fifth round: Kota 8, Fang 7 (Randy tells Ace to freeze, and was heard because he was closer to Randy than Sugar......)

Kota wins Immunity, and Fang is definitely cursed.......

10-16-08, 07:00 PM (EST)
24. "One Shining Moment."
Randy, you beautiful bastard.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: One Shining Moment."
I so *heart* Randy. He looked like a whiner at the beginning, but he is playing this game. I was ROFL when he screamed to stupid Ace mistaking Randy's voice for Sugar's.

10-16-08, 07:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
GC: "I wanna go home!"

Be careful what you wish for, you may regret it later........

Sugar and Ace talk about their plans for the idol, to be used later. Crystal searches Sugar's bag while they're at the lake front.

They now realize that this might be the only possible night to blindside her, because currently everyone was to get rid of GC, and that was what they planned to do.......

10-16-08, 07:14 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Too bad they didn't believe their own plan. This would have been the time to vote her off.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
But the way GC told Matty he wanted to go home and then Matty telling everyone including Sugar and Ace about it may have limited the options. Matty was never on board. After the talk about a blindside we hear Matty say "We gotta vote G" GAH!

However, CKK could have still tried at least to make Sugarshack play the idol (if you are allowed to play it on ties)

Crystal Kenny and Kelly vote Sugar

Matty Ace Sugar vote GC

GC votes Kelly

Then a revote occurs without Sugar and GC voting. Depending on whether Sugar can play the idol here or is barred from it, you can either get her out withe CKK staying with Sugar and Matty and Ace voting GC or if she can play HI then GC goes anyway and HI is gone.

Uthong couldn't have talked about any options much or they would have shown them more to create more suspense in the boot. Stupid stupid people!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-08 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

I think Matty told Sugar before TC that Crystal found the idol in her bag. He wants to get away from the Fang alliance. According to Jacquie, she and Ace were working him to be in an alliance with them and Sugar. We also saw this developing in the previews for next week.

So Matty didn't want the others to vote for Sugar. They shouldn't have listened to him. GC wanting to leave was a problem, it might have been hard to get him to vote for Sugar. But yes, Crystal/Ken/Kelly could have gone for a tie, which would have forced Sugar to play the idol.

They are just a stupid tribe.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

10-16-08, 07:14 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Sugar: I leave my bag out wherever...... If they searched through it, whatever...... If you know I have the idol, vote for me at your own risk!

Sugar does not play her idol

GC voted for Kelly

Looks like everyone else voted for GC.

GC: Your wish is granted, somewhat. You get to go to Ponderosa, then Loser's Vacation, then you can go home.

10-16-08, 07:15 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The rules need to be changed. The luggage searches have to be stopped.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-16-08, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Couldn't agree more!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Too bad they don't find a different way to use the hidden idol. We know the cameramen are with them when they find it. They should be allowed to just show & announce to the camera that they have found the idol. Then the idol is taken away. At TC if they want to use it they just announce that they want to play it or give it to someone. Jeff could produce it and put it into play. I don't like the fact they have to hide it after finding it.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-08, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Imagine the fibbing that would go on if this scenario happens - "Trust me, I found the idol, and I'll give it to you to use at TC" ... then when it's time to reveal who has the idol, the second person finds out that the first person never found the idol.

I think you'd need *something* to prove you've got the idol in person so you could show it to an alliance partner or transfer it over. Maybe a little card or a pin that would be a lot easier to hide on your person, inside a bathing suit or something like that.

10-16-08, 07:20 PM (EST)
31. "Live post-episode discussion --"
-- at http://www.myinfochat.com/ , using the Sports & Recreation room. After first telling Ace to get out of the way.

littlemanduck 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-08, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail littlemanduck Click to send private message to littlemanduck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ok, I can't be the only person that figured out how to get the idol out of Sugar's hands - Ace and Sugar already know that you are voting for GC so they vote for him and the other memebrs vote for Sugar

- if she plays the idol then it is out of play and GC comes home
- if she does not play the idol then she is gone and the idol goes with her (now she could give it to Ace but you would see her give it to him)

Just some "idol" thoughts

10-17-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Survivor #17 Episode #5 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I think the real paranoia about voting Sugar out wasn't risking a bounce: it was what must have felt like a very real chance of having GC announce that since no one was honoring his wish to be voted out, he was quitting on the spot. Suddenly, you've lost two people at one Council, NuKota is that much further in the lead and for whatever it's worth, your new tribe configuration still svcks.

So -- give GC what he wants, and hope you can get Sugar out later. At least it's a 'later' where Kota isn't sitting two.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •