The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-08 AT 08:40 PM (EST)

SURVIVOR BLOWS STATE OF THE SPOILING

This Camp is Cursed

Welcome friends to another SOTS at Reality TV World. We are here to collectively try and spoil EPMB’s Survivor series, one episode at a time! Please feel free to join in on the never ending quest with your insights, your observations, and especially with your speculation. It’s our collective opinions, right or wrong, that we like to put to the test. Please take the time to stop by and read our guidelines, they have kept this site running smoothly and make it such a great place to hang out!

Last week most of us, everyone but michel, voted for someone other than the boot. Score one to EPMB, but congratulations on going against the flow and NAILING the boot, michel! Not to feel badly about the near miss, everyone should be thrilled that at least we did make a very logical choice....and isn't it MARVELOUS that we don't have a spoiled boot sheet and we all get to PLAY?!

Congrats to OFG for presenting us with another phenomenal theory...the OFG2 Theory. Now, we just have to come up with the correct answers to the misdirection clues. Nevertheless, Jiffy is happy that it was Jacquie and not Randy or Ace, as he notes in his blog brought to us by Georjanna. Regardless of how we did last week, let's nail it this week...

CBS Misdirection Clues

This week bebo gives us the CBS Misdirection clues. OFG expounds on her theory and notes that the clues tend to be sequential. Thus, the first clues occur early in the show, the clue pertaining to the RC occurs prior to the IC clue, and the last clue is likely the clue that applies to pre-IC scheming, and is therefore apt to apply to the loser tribe of the IC...

1. After a grueling fifteen days with sparse supplies of food, both tribes engage in close race that results in a sweet taste of victory for one.

Clue one is clearly referring to the RC, and is most likely to involve an edible reward. There are no vidcaps at this point that give us any tips regarding the challenge itself, as there is only vidcap evidence of one challenge, spec'd to be the IC. It is not hard to logically predict a nuKota win here. This clue applies to KOTA.

2. After winning reward, one tribe makes a surprising decision on who to send to Exile. This is clearly a KOTA clue.

Well, we theorize that Kota is winning the RC, therefore one of nuFang will be going to Exile...doesn't seem so "surprising"...In the preview vidcaps we see mother nature entering camp...

...we can see from left to right, Crystal, Kelly, GC, Ace, Kenny, and I think a piece of Matty's shirt to the far right...regardless, we know that Matty is there.

Only one missing...Sugar...AGAIN.

3. Overwhelming hunger and homesickness puts one Castaway’s entire alliance in jeopardy.

This is most likely GC and is a nuFang clue. We know that GC takes the canoe...

We see the lonely GC superimposed on the pic of him going off alone in the canoe. Undoubtedly, this clue is GC. We know he goes off right before the challenge, the IC, here we see Kelly, Matty, and Kenny calling for him...

Will GC be a....

...no show? Do we really care, and would it make that much of a difference in nuFang's performance? What would it mean to GC later when nuFang goes to TC if he indeed misses the IC? The wise ole Brownroach notes however that if he really were to get lost that perhaps production would guide him back in the nick of time. It's likely if he were a "no show" that he would be disqualified...

4. One of the strongest bonds in the game finds itself on shaky ground after a frustrating performance in an intense Immunity Challenge.

Well, we know that the nuFangs are destined to lose this challenge involving big wicker balls that are thrown at blindfolded little daws at the bottom of a hill who are given a wicker shield of some kind. Here is Cyrstal taking aim for nuFang...

Here is one of the blindfolded daw targets who is "doing", most likely Dan...

and here is Ace, who is dying...

So, we can deduce that the nuFangs are indeed destined to fail miserably at the IC and lose once again. No surprise there. There are two theories as to who has one of the strongest bonds in the game. The first theory is that the strongest bond is referring to Cyrstal, GC, and Kenny after they all perform miserably and in particular GC. Did GC even make it to the challenge? Would it really make a difference to the outcome, certainly not. This bond could refer to Cyrstal and Kenny re-evaluating their alliance and perhaps thinking that Kelly would be a better choice than the homesick GC. They could definately be on "shaky ground".

The second theory proposes that the strongest bond is referring to Ace and Sugar. We see Ace "dying" during the IC... this leads us to believe perhaps the poor performer is Ace, and one of the strongest bonds to be tested is Ace and Sugar...will it lead to shaky ground...somehow, I don't think so.

Regardless, this is a nuFang clue.

5. Snooping pays off for a group of Castaways when they find the hidden immunity idol in their tribemate’s belongings.

This is an easy one. It's a nuFang clue.

Here the voiceover for the promo notes, Crystal: Keep a lookout. as we see this...

Matty is the lookout while Cyrstal snoops...Will she find the II? Yes, she will, as the clue itself says so.

"This Camp is Cursed" Summary

This week there remains some unanswered questions to ponder before we decide on our boot choice. Estee provides some help with the Post Ouster Interviews. b1whois has a nice link to BuddyTV and a post boot interview with Jacquie that notes that Matty was with Jacquie and Ace(and Sugar). She also noted that it was Cyrstal who made the decisions.

Right now it's interesting to ponder the votes. If Matty goes with Sugar and Ace, they can all throw their votes at GC or Kelly. Will Cyrstal/GC/Kenny/Kelly want to flush out the idol now that they know that Sugar has it? Will they get Matty to vote with them and have three votes Sugar and 2 votes Kelly? Could there be a tie between Kelly and GC, for a revote? Will Sugar play the idol? Jiffy thinks Kenny is playing to win, will he keep Kelly with him or let Cyrstal call the shots. This group is extremely hard to predict.

Last week we analyzed all of the clues but came up with the wrong answers. This week we should consider which clue is the boot story. If it is the homesick clue, clearly, GC is toast. But what if it is the strongest bond becomes shaky...this could refer again to GC if it's the original Fang alliance, OR, it could mean that Sugar keeps her idol and perhaps Ace is the target, or will she give it to Ace and then get the boot herself? (eta: most likely next weeks title refers to Ace, so clearly he will not be the boot in this ep!) Finally, is this just all misdirection and antisocial Kelly gets it?

At this point I think:

Reward Challenge: nuKota
Exilee: Sugar
Immunity Challenge: nuKota
Boot: This week it's a flip of a coin as to who the boot could be....

Clearly GC has been seen as a loser, and he himself realized this last week when he was the last man standing in the new pick'em. He is valued less than all the others on his tribe. He is a terrible liability in challenges and Cyrstal and Kenny may turn on him and choose to stick with Kelly instead....

...OR...

Despite all the misdirection that GC is homesick and a loser at the challenges, his alliance could indeed hold and the group could choose to oust the 4th wheel, Kelly. She was not liked at Kota, and she is not liked at nuFang.

Stop off and read a phenomenal thread by our Editing Experts, Veruca Salt and friends.

Check out the next episode title, brought to us by suzzee, He's a snake, but he's my snake.

Go see dabo and flip your coin to vote.

Thanks to Scarlett for the photochop highlight!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... emydi 10-14-08 1
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... michel 10-14-08 2
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Outfrontgirl 10-15-08 3
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Scarlett O Hara 10-15-08 4
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... b1whois 10-15-08 5
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Brownroach 10-15-08 6
   RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Flowerpower 10-15-08 7
       RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Outfrontgirl 10-15-08 8
           RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Flowerpower 10-15-08 9
               RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Brownroach 10-16-08 10
   RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... esquire 10-16-08 11
       RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... Brownroach 10-16-08 12
 RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Curse... whoami 10-16-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
Thanks FP. I'm with you on the flip but I think it comes up tails for GC bc OldThong is stupid

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
Great job doing the SOTS, FP.
Thanks for the shout-out.

I think you've nailed pretty much everything even if it's weird to see Kelly referred to as "Head"!!! I'll second Emy and say it's GC.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-08 AT 06:10 AM (EST)

Fantastic job with your SOTS, flowerpower,
when I see your name as author I know it'll be a treat, and once again you did not disappoint.

I felt the clues and previews pointed to GC last Friday, here"
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=7036&forum=DCForumID2&omm=11

and though of course I'm not sure I think I'll stick. Kelly is a very logical boot for them but I think Fang logic is a) afraid to take on the idol, which is why they booted Jacquie preemptively, and b) they want to cut out the cancer. Kelly is annoying but GC is eating at the heart of their motivation.

I had a bizarre dream this week about seeing the episode and it was Kota going to TC ... but I think it was a "I said it was Fang so watch me be wrong" dream. Fang has to lose. Funny they didn't even ask the "will they make a comeback?" question this week. How pathetic is that?

it seems like when the door is open wide, the walls start closing in ~ David Baerwald , The New Folk Underground

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-15-08, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
This Camp may be cursed, but these boards are surely blessed to have such Spoilers Extraordinaire as Flowerpower, Mistah Brownroach, Ms. OFG Theorey and Michel! You peeps never cease to amaze me with your talents! Thank you for coming back each season! * smooch *

Flo Po -- you have nailed it once again. It really is a coin toss here between Kelly and GC. Lately, the vidcaps and clues have spelled it out for us -- if this is the case again, than it is GC who is going home. However, big "IF" here, it is misdirection, than it will be Kelly. Either way, the Cursed Fang tribe will be better off!

b1whois 126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail b1whois Click to send private message to b1whois Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
good writeup flo po! i really like the idea of ace being sent to exile, so i am going to go that way. i dont think sugar again would be that surprising and someone had a theory that explained how ace would be a logical choice for kota to pic.
i think that "one of closest bonds" refers to GC and crystal. those tow are often shown together and are not really shown with bonding other players separately. i could totally see crustal and Gc going at each other based on challenge performance - talking major fireworks! i dont think it is sugar and ace because i doubt that ace would criticize the person holding the HII and i dont see sugar criticizing ace based on performance either. besides, it looks like ace is injured and the clue says "frustrating performance". i dont not think that these are the words that cbs would use, they would just say "an injury".
i definitely think that we have GC going home tomorrow. i checked the editing thread and VS says at one point that she would not be surprised if GC went home next based on last week's editing. also any use of the idol would be broadcast in the cbs clues.

so, reward winner = kota
exilee = ace
bond tested = gc and crystal
MIA = GC
snooping = crystal
immunity winner = kota
newest arrival at loser lodge, our first man (anatomically speaking), GC

for the next several boots i am thinking it will be young strong men since i remember reading somewhere (jiffy?) that the young and strong go early and we are running out of time for that to be even remotely true.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
Superb SOTS, FloPo!

I am still on the fence between GC and Kelly for the boot. I see no logical reason why the old Fang alliance would turn on GC. All four of them voted together last week. This week they can afford to lose Kelly. If they want to flush out the idol they can split their votes between Sugar and Kelly and get Ace and Sugar to vote Kelly.

I think the bond on shaky ground is Sugar and Ace -- Ace thinks he's in trouble after the IC and wants the idol for TC and Sugar doesn't want to give it to him.

But nothing about the clues or the previews suggests to me that the idol is going to be played at TC. So I think what happens is that either GC asks to be voted out at TC and everyone complies, or everyone decides Kelly is too useless to stay. OFG's theories would favor GC's departure...

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

10-15-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
As always, BR, we are seeing eye to eye! I agree with your thoughts. The one thing I might add is that Matty may be a fence sitter, valued for now, but in trouble for later. He knows he is on the outside of both the old Fang and the old Kotas. He'll probably ride with the majority in hopes of making it to the merge where he can be reunited with Randy, Dan and Susie.

Frankly, I don't see the old Fangs trying to flush the idol but I do see them asking Sugar and Ace to vote out Kelly. I am also finding it hard to reconcile how GC is booted by his alliance instead of Kelly, but perhaps he does volunteer to make it easy on them all...if he doesn't ask to go, I think it will be Kelly as well.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
I too think there's no question that a Kelly boot would be easy to put together without shaking up alliances or numbers or hurting the tribe at all. I would not be surprised in the slightest.

The clues do, I think, point to someone else going home, GC

Re flushing out the idol, the math may be too tough for these hungry brains.

Re the strong bond, in guessing that it's Ace and Sugar, I'm taking a different tack than looking at people who are shown being close/allied like GC and Crystal. I'm looking for a bond that the editors have stressed by showing it talked about, either by the bondors or other people in the game.

We have been shown people talking about Ace and Sugar a LOT this season, especially in the Paloma boot episode, but again last week by Fang. I actually cannot think of another two person bond that has been discussed as much by the other players. Next up would be Charley and Marcus, which has been talked about a lot by Charley and Marcus, not so much everyone else. But wrong tribe.

While GC and Crystal appear to be tight, their bond hasn't gotten serious air time as a "story" whereas Ace and Sugar have -- and if we're right about the title this story continues next week.

*apologies that I have not had time to tackle the editing thread. It's not something I can drop in and out of and it takes a certain dedication of time, so these are merely my own observations about the stories being told."

10-15-08, 07:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
I'm with you, OFG. To me the tightest bond that we have been privy to is Marcus and Charlie. The next tightest bond, bar none - that the editors have shown us is indeed Sugar and Ace. Clearly, the misdirection clue most logically fits Sugar and Ace. But, with the episode title next week, "He's a snake but he's my snake", is really quite suggestive of Sugar and Ace. Will this alliance be shaken to the point of no return this week, absolutely not! This clue is a red herring for this week.

10-16-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

The "shaky bond" clue strikes me as one of those clues that exaggerates the significance of an event. Like the one about a player getting a "rude awakening" at the tribal switch last week.

ETA:
I was thinking there have been occasions when the website clues haven’t referenced the bootee in any way. Usually this happens early in the show and when the bootee is a non-entity. I was able to come with one example from Guatemala:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=6030&forum=DCForumID2&archive=yes

Smoldering heat forces some Survivors to cool off in the water, risking an encounter with crocodiles.

As a tribe attempts to rebuild their shelter, one member takes matters into their own hands and irritates the others.

Causing sleepless nights, an inconsiderate howler monkey drives one castaway crazy.

A termite-infested log becomes a delicacy for some castaways desperate for a change in their diet.

These were the clues for the week that Brianna got voted out. But none of these clues referred to Brianna, either directly or indirectly. They were all about incidental stuff. You might think that Clue 2 or Clue 3 was about the bootee but neither of them were. Most of us picked Amy, who had a sprained ankle, to get booted.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-16-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
>If they want
>to flush out the idol
>they can split their votes
>between Sugar and Kelly and
>get Ace and Sugar to
>vote Kelly.

The problem with this theory is that if they split their votes with 2 votes to Sugar and 2 votes to Kelly, then there is a possability that Ace, Sugar and Kelly will work together to get rid of an old Fang

10-16-08, 01:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-08 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

But Kelly has made it clear she's not interested in aligning with Sugar and Ace. And Ace wanted to get rid of her next, before the switch. I don't think Kelly is crafty enough to try to play both sides now. Ace and Sugar don't care about her. They have more of a connection to Mattie, according to Jacquie.

So it would be easy enough for Ace, Sugar and, say, Mattie to vote for Kelly, while GC, Crystal, Ken and Kelly vote for Sugar. If Sugar plays the idol, Kelly goes home.

ETA: I don't think that's what's going to happen, but it should be easy to arrange if they wanted to. (Except that this is a tribe of idiots.)

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-16-08, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS Gabon, "This Camp is Cursed"..."
Nice going flowerpower. Heads or tails?

~Agman

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •