The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider, Ep 1 Part 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider, Ep 1 Part 1"
Thanks muchly to James Barber at Sucks. There are a lot more clips than usual (and this only covers the first hour's worth)

Secret Scene: Michelle

Watch as Michelle takes a few of her tribe mates on a very short boat ride.

Dan: I'm enthusiastic, I've got energy, let's do this.

(Michelle and Susie are in the boat, Dan is joining them as Randy and Crystal watch)

Dan: No, no, I'm going in the back.

Susie: You're going in the front.

Dan: Light person in the front.

Dan (solo): Michelle, Susie, and I decided we were going to try to canoe. The three of us got into the flatbottom canoe.

Michelle: Do you guys know where we're going? I have no idea.

(the canoe nearly capsizes)

Susie: We just need balance.

Dan (solo): We all thought it was going to be a lot of fun.

(the canoe still wobbles as they paddle away, and soon capsizes)

Dan (solo): We got about 10 feet from the dock and we lost it. Went over, soaked everything. You just gotta laugh at this point. It's funny. It's really funny.

(the three of them begin to get out of the water)

Dan: Oh man! Let's just hope canoeing isn't one of the challenges.

Susie: At least we cooled off.

Michelle: We have to be paddling at the same time or it doesn't work.

Michelle (solo): I'm not happy about tipping the canoe. My tribe, not the brighest group. They put a ton of lard in the middle, a bunch of muscle in the back, me in the front, and thought we were gonna get to the other side of the lake. All three of us got wet really bad.

Dan: Only the Titanic has sunk faster.

(Michelle walks around in her panties and buff, hugging herself)

Michelle (solo): The worst part of this is not having any dry clothes to put on. It's horrible.

Tribal Council Voting

Fang axes their most negative tribe member, Michelle. Watch what they had to say as they cast their votes.

Matty (Michelle): Michelle, I know it's been a rough couple of days out here, I know it's hard to keep our attitudes up, but you're just too negative, you're bringing me down and the rest of us down. I'm sorry.

Susie (Michelle): I voted for you tonight, Michelle, because socially it's hard to interact with you and quite honestly you are stronger than I am. You kicked ass at that first challenge. Good for you. See you soon.

GC (Michelle): My vote is for Michelle because that's the name I heard the most today and I was trying to vote with the rest of the group. Sorry it had to be you.

Ken (Michelle): Michelle, I tried really hard to save you, but if I didn't vote with the group, they wouldn't trust me at all. I'm very sorry.

Dan (Michelle): Michelle, I don't like doing this, but you broke my trust with Kenny, and if I can't trust you, you're useless to me in this game.

Michelle (Gillian): I think you're the weakest one on this tribe. That's pretty much it. Full of weak ones, but you are the weakest.

Crystal (Michelle): Last one chosen, first one to leave. Maybe your life lesson in all this is you'll learn to speak your mind.

Gillian (Michelle): My vote for you Michelle tonight is simply based on the fact that so many people want to be here desperately and you've looked lke you haven't been from the beginning. It's been a real drain for you and everyone else. Good luck to you, sorry about it, but I don't think you want to be here and with your whole attitude about everything I don't think you should be.

Randy (Michelle): Go warm up.

Michelle's Final Words

Bitter at her tribe, Michelle believes they made a big mistake in voting her out. Watch and see how she feels about their decision.

"I'm not really surprised. Losers stick together. Fat people stick together. Can't really understand the decision of the young men in this tribe."

(cut)

"I don't see a glimmer of hope in this tribe. I have a feeling if I were put in this situation with other people, smarter people (laughs), I think the decision would have gone a different way. I also don't think my attire was appropriate for this environment and that might have hurt me a little bit apparently. There's nothing I could have done about that. I didn't get to choose what I could have worn. So...whatever."

(cut)

"It really doesn't make sense to me that they decided to keep Gillian who's like 105 over me who's 24 and completely fit. I really don't see Gillian being able to do that challenge today that we did. We lost anyway, but we would have lost a lot worse if it was here trekking through the swamp and over that net. Not even just her, Susie, everyone waiting over there to do the puzzle would not have been able to do that challenge. I could have done it twice, three times, as many times as I had to do it. They're all idiots, they're all voting off one of their strongest members. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. Very interesting."

(cut)

"I don't really see a leader doing much considering it was back and forth the whole time. Dan saying he wanted a leader but at the same time he wanted to make all the decisions. I think they're very fickle and I don't think it's really gonna do much more than what's allready happening. I think they have fire now so they're gonna be a little bit more comfortable. Aside from that, winning challenges and stuff, they're doomed."

Michelle the Day After

Michelle reflects on her short time in Gabon and what the future holds for the Fang tribe.

"For me, the hardest part of Survivor was being the first person voted off."

(cut)

"I didn't even get to start the game. I felt like I was out before I could even get my feet wet."

(cut)

"Just looking at our tribe you'd never think I would be the first one voted off. I mean, we had Randy, Susan, Gillian. These people serve no purpose. They were good for nothing. I clearly showed I was in way better physical condition than any of those people, than any of the girls on the show period. I was the third person, the first girl up that hill. I didn't think 3 days into the game I would have to be convincing anybody not to vote me off."

(cut)

"I think most of the tribe was concerned about them not being the first to go. They just were voting with the group. I really don't know."

(cut)

"I think it's kind of hard when the game first starts to see where you're gonna fit in, where your best way is gonna be. I definitely think it takes longer than 3 days to figure that out and get to know the people on your tribe and see who you can see going farther with. I think it definitely takes more than 3 days to do that."

(cut)

"They didn't know me at all. Part of my strategy was not to give myself away. The fact that I founded a non-profit I thought would be very threatening. If someone had told me I'd founded a charity I wouldn't want to take them to the merge or the final 2. That was something I was keeping secret, as well as me being a professional athlete, being athletic my whole life. I didn't ant to be too vocal about that but I'd never hold back in challenges. I can't do that, I can't hold back. When a bell rings, game's on."

(cut)

"I had the least clothing of anyone in the game. I'm from South Florida, I lived in Hawaii. I've never been exposed to cold weather. That was definitely...it paralyzed me. Shivering, being freezing cold, definitely paralyzed me. It sucks that they didn't see that was what was making me quiet. I felt like I'd connected with GC, with Kenny, with Dan, I felt like we had some conversations, I felt like we connected. I felt fine. Getting voted off was definitely not in my plans. (laughs)"

(cut)

"Fong was such a weak tribe compared to Kota. Why would you vote somebody that's clearly capable of holding herself through a challenge rather than 3 people who are clearly not. Even the people who aren't clearly...Dan looks like he's big and strong, he's clearly not. They were taking breaks during a challenge. I can't work with that. Who takes a break during the middle of a race? It's like a marathon runner being like, 'Hold on a second, I need to just walk out this cramp.' It doesn't happen. That's like me in the middle of a fight being like, 'Hold on, let me catch my breath.' We were in a challenge and they were taking a break, and we were behind! What is that? They're all idiots."

(cut)

"The fact that the first thing they say after we lost is what a great job we did. Are you kidding? You're never going to get past something unless you see where you're wrong. If you're in denial you're never gonna grow. When you recognize, OK we have a weak tribe, we need to do something about it, then you can move forward."

(cut)

"I didn't really think something like that would get me voted off, me being cold at night, especially looking at our tribe, especially seeing the people we had to work with. You're gonna vote Michelle off because she's cold at night? I don't get that. I think Dan voted me off was cause he wanted his jacket back. He was freezing too."

(cut)

"The reason I like boxing so much is I don't have to rely on anyone but myself. The game of Survivor you have to work as a team and as a tribe and sometimes it doesn't mesh that well."

(cut)

"I'm very proud of the fact that quitting was never an option despite how uncomfortable and freezing cold I was, and realizing I had the shortest stick out of anyone in the game, quitting is still something I would not have done. I am proud of that. But it still sucks being the first one to go."

Crystal's Competitive Edge

The Olympic Gold Medalist gives insight into her personal life, which will shape the way she plays the game.

"Growing up in my neighborhood it was pretty much survival of the fittest. Who was gonna make it out? It took a lot of inner strength and focus to want to get out of the projects."

(cut)

"It takes a lot of discipline, and a lot of determination, and a lot of determination and a lot of hard work. Just knowing you're gonna do whatever it takes in this situation whatever it takes to not have your name written down. If you have to lie, if you have to sneak, do whatever conniving things, we're all in this for the ultimate goal. Right now I'm doing whatever it takes. When I was training for the Olympic games, I was focused. I'm talking about foc-used. My friends were maybe two friends, I had two or three friends. I did not go out. My life centered around training. I watched what I ate. A lot of discipline, a lot of focus, a lot of taking no prisoners, and I studied my competitors."

Crystal Eats a Grasshopper

After living on very little food for several days, Crystal is offered a tasty treat.

(GC finds a grasshopper on the ground)

Dan: Are those termites?

GC: Grasshopper. Those are the grasshoppers I'm gonna have to call breakfast this morning, unless ya'll want some.

Crystal: I don't wanna eat when it's bouncing around. They're all deceased? (he says yes) Thank you.

Susie: They're supposed to be protein?

GC: I think they said to take the legs off though.

Crystal: Go on and prep it for me and then I'll eat it.

Susie: One just isn't enough.

Crystal: It is dead, right? (takes the grasshopper from GC's hand) Eat his antenna too?

Michelle: Just swallow it. It'll die in your stomach. The termite was alive when I ate it.

Susie: Oh, you can't taste anything.

Crystal: OK, just swallow.

Susie: It's not a meal. I need like 50 of 'em. (laughs)

(Crystal says a prayer then swallows the grasshopper after several gulps of water. She says something was stuck in her throat)

Chopping Vines for Water

How do you survive in the jungle? Watch as Ace gives Charlie a helpful lesson.

Ace: Choose your victim.

Charlie: Show me how. Be my guide.

(they go over to a vine)

Ace: Well, you want the top first then you're gonna move your way down. First you want a light cut to see if it's gonna come out white (?). (makes a light cut) It'll immediately come out white if it's bad, so this is good. Chop about here and you've got a double vine. Think of...when you're swinging, think about baseball bat, going through. (glides the machete like a baseball bat, Charlie backs away slightly) You want to imagine you're not cutting there, you're cutting here, but you're going through that to cut there.

(with Ace's guidance, Charlie chops a vine down; Ace congratulates him and tells him to lay the vine down)

Charlie: Thank you Ace!

Ace: You did great. Lay it down, this is gonna be the easy part. No, no, you're gonna do the rest. You started, you finish. Go down, just come up, pull your weight down. Center your weight when you're doing it.

Charlie: Like when I'm sumo wrestling.

Ace: Yes!

(Charlie cuts the vine in half; Kelly puts the cut vine over his mouth and he drinks)

Charlie (after Kelly says something): Those three drips were amazing!

Bob's Inventions

This gifted technical wizard uses whatever he can find around camp to construct essential tools for his tribe.

"I have to problem solve. When I got there I was looking for a spear. It has to be straight. I was looking for a straight spear. I was so frustrated we didn't get the fire going. It was so frustrating getting smoke but no fire. I do that sort of thing at home. I don't realize how many people don't do that. I've got this quirky sort of a brain where I can't stop, I don't like to stop doing anything. I made this tripod to put the pot on so we could cook with it. It seemed more effecient to me to have the tripod. I made the spear thing. I wish we were in the ocean so I could really go fishing. I'll probably continue to do it throughout the game. I have to do something. I can't sit still. That's what I am."

Kota's Water Experiment

Unique method of water filtration, or dangerous prank? Watch and find out.

Marcus: We gotta get water, I think we all feel that way. (Corrine mentions the vines) The vines are probably a good bet. Then we could risk drinking from the stream.

Corrine: I don't know if that's a good idea.

(talking over each other)

Charlie (laughs): We could all show up at the challenge green.

Marcus: I totally agree it's a bad idea, I'm just thinking of all the options now.

Corrine: You mean like sift through a shirt?

Jacquie (twirling a braid in her hair): I used to drink lake water all the time.

Marcus: I think we should use three shirts. I would do as much filtration. If you do three shirts you might filter a lot of things out if it's not antibacterial.

Charlie: We could use one person as a guinea pig and then wait a few hours.

Marcus: We could do Paloma.

Corrine: I was gonna say Paloma's already (? docile?)

Marcus: We could do Paloma and if Paloma gets quiet we'll know it didn't work.

(some mild laughing)

Marcus: We could do a blind study. Come back and say, "We have two pots of water from the vines!" One will be from the stream. See what they do.

Ken the Video Game Pro

Ken's unique occupation gives him a strategic advantage.

"When I was playing a lot of video games back in the days of my tournaments, there's a lot of pressure in that. But these challenges you will be pressured. I think that will work to my advantage that I'm always calm, no matter what I do. In the long run I will come through."

(cut)

"There is a lot of pressure with my job. I'm the best, and people expect me to win all the time. If I don't win...I'm never the underdog in any tournament I play in. People always want someone else to win. They want my spot, basically."

(cut)

"People don't believe there's such a thing as a professional video game player because they've never heard of it. It's a boom, it just happened. Video games got so popular and people started competing in every tournament that it just got crazy. Nowadays people are amazed at it."

(cut)

"In video games I basically manipulate a lot of players by acting like I'm very weak and have them so confident and then in the end I'm very strong. I will apply that to Survivor. I am right now. People see I'm not a threat and someone they want to take to the end, but in the end, I really am a threat."

Ken Aligns With Michelle

Watch as one of the first alliances this season transpires. Did Ken make the right decision?

Ken: The only alliance I know right now is you and me.

Michelle: Right.

Ken: I'm comfortable with...being with you. The only way our alliance would break is if you wanted to get rid of me.

Michelle: No, I don't want to get rid of you. You went and got me water.

Ken: I know. I just get used a lot, it's so hard for me sometimes. I can't really believe people will...I do trust you. I'll take you to the end with me, no matter what. The only way is if you decide to get rid of me. I won't get rid of you.

Michelle: I won't get rid of you.

Ken: (couldn't hear the first few words he says) I told them the first few days is hard for everybody, and they understand. You're not gonna be going. In the case that you wanna go...

Michelle: No.

Ken: I don't want you to go.

Michelle: I have my moments, I'm up and down, but ultimately I'm here for a reason, and I have to embrace it.

Kelly the Tom Boy

Kelly reflects on how growing up with three brothers and playing sports all of her life has shaped her into the competitive person that she is.

"My looks can be deceiving. I've grown up with three brothers, so I've kind of been a tough girl. Ever since I was a little I was taught to pull my own weight. If I wanted to do something I had to do it on my own. My parents got me a t-ball when I was little. I was in soccer. Then I started off in softball, because I was like, 'Dad, I don't want to be with the guys anymore.' I was in softball for a while, I was on travel. Then I played softball for about 8 years. I was on cheerleading in high school. I also camped a lot. Went on a 2-day canoe trip. We always go to a cabin in Wisconsin and fish. We have a fishing boat. Things like that."

(cut)

"When we were walking in the Savannah behind the tribemen it was very inspiring. It was very different. It finally hit me when I was walking with those people in the back. Their outfits, and the way they were making these silly noises, and this is their culture, this is what they like, this is what they do. They're so used to everything around here, and we're not, we're just following these guys. It was definitely really neat."

Dan Wants to Drink Lake Water

In his desperation, Dan tries to convince his tribe that the lake water is clean enough for drinking.

(Dan goes over to the shelter)

Dan: Anyone opposed to me filling up a canteen with lake water?

(one of the women yells that it's not running water)

Dan: But look at it, it's not stagnant, there's lily ponds, there's fish in it. It can't be that bad. I grew up on a lake in New Hampshire that had...(some random talking)

Crystal: There could be parasites.

GC: I thought lily pads meant it was stagnant water.

Dan: I think it's OK to chance.

GC: Knock yourself out...literally.

(Dan tries to talk to Gillian)

Dan: Tadpoles are a good sign. There's fish floating around in there.

Gillian: It's your choice.

Dan: It's not like I see dead fish floating around in there. That would be a different story.

Gillian: My only concern is (couldn't understand her). I personally wouldn't take the chance. I'd rather be tired because I'm dry right now than have a hell of a gutache and puking and pooping.

Dan: I don't want to waste anything in the canteen.

(Gillian tells him to drink, he jokingly asks her if she thinks he's hallucinating, she says no, he's just desperate for a drink, and to have one)

Susie's Strategy

Don't let her looks fool you. This housewife and part-time hairdresser has a few tricks up her sleeve.

"My strategy came from just being myself. I knew right away if I put on my happy face and let people know I could be trusted, I want to make this fun. I keep telling them I'm doing this because I'm gonna do my best. I say to them I'm gonna do my best and have fun doing it. That's all they need to know. Yeah, it's a shocking bonus if I win the million. Personally, I'm not any more deserving than the rest of them, but if my strategy is that I come off as just an everyday mom here to have a good time, this is a life experience, blah blah blah, but the truth is I want that million. I immediately knew watching past Survivor shows that I needed to make an alliance right away. That's exactly what I did. I just knew by looking at some of the younger kids, I could connect to some of these kids. I could probably connect with Gillian, who's older than I, but I'm thinking I'd have a better chance of keeping the younger ones at my side. That's what I'm doing, I'm kind of playing their game a little bit."

Randy's Dog

Randy is brought to %$+@@ as he recounts the tragic story behind his audition video.

"I've applied to Survivor for 15 times, and all 15 times, and all 15 times my dog Johnson has been right in the middle of my video. (his voice begins to break) He was there with me, and they called me, I got on the show. Johnson, you rock."

(cut)

"Johnson was not metaphorically with me in my video. He was actually sitting there with me at a table and dinner in my video. I had his urn where his ashes were, I had his picture up next to the urn, and he was there having Sunday dinner with me. He got me on Survivor. I'm here now, and Johnny, we're gonna win."

(cut)

"I do miss my dog. (voice breaks again) He's been dead now for 5 years and even though I like these people and they could possibly become friends, my dog Johnson, his name's Johnson, meant more to me than these people will. I miss him to this day and as soon as I get home I'm gonna get a new one and probably name him Johnson II and tell him all about being here."

Charlie and Marcus Under the Stars

Why is Marcus unlucky in love? Charlie has the answers.

"Marcus is such a great guy. He's unlucky in love and I don't really get why. He's been divorced, he says he has trouble going to bars and meeting girls. It's adorable. I love it, but I don't really get it, because to me he's like the ideal guy. I think every woman would want to jump on him. I know just my being able to spend all this time with him will be the envy of every gay man in America. I'm skinny dipping with Marcus, the nicest, hottest, smartest guy I've met in a long time. We had a really long conversation under the stars, Corrine, Marcus, and I, about Marcus' failings in dating. I don't know if, I think he just intimidates girls and they don't approach him. I don't know what it is, but it should totally keep happening, because it makes him totally cuter. Corrine says he is a waste of a hot guy because he's so nice. I guess his naivete and being so innocent isn't attractive to everyone, but it certainly is to me."

Ace Arrives in Gabon

Despite being an avid world traveler, Ace was caught by surprise to find himself immersed in the wilderness of Gabon.

"It's funny, with all the travels I've done, I've never actually been to Africa. I spent 2 years in the Far East throught Southeast Asia and India. I've been all over Japan and China. I've done Central America, most of North America, Europe, but I've never actually made it to Africa. I've known where Gabon was, but I never thought I'd make it there first. I always thought Egypt was my bet. Happily proved wrong."

(cut)

"When I first got here and we were walking through the Savannah and natives were cascading down the cliffs, I was almost in awe. It was almost some sort of visceral feeling of Africa. It was very interesting for me. I've had the same sort of feeling when I've been in Camobia, some of the temples in India, but it was just sch a natural...you could almost hear the (purring sound) out of the ground. Actually it probably would have been more masculine than that, something lionesque instead of a small pussycat, but I really felt the essence of it."

Randy Finds Leeches

Randy and Michelle decide to cool off in Fang's lake...and get a little surprise when they come out.

Randy: Leeches everywhere.

Michelle: Shut up!

Randy: I wish I was kidding.

Michelle: Do I have a leech on me?

Randy: Turn around. (he checks her out) I've been in a lot longer than you, check my back.

Michelle: I don't see anything. Are you sure?

Randy: I found 'em. You can see the blood coming out. (he points to his bleeding leg, and she gasps)

Michelle: Are you sure you didn't scrape yourself?

Randy: I'm positive I scraped about five or six leeches.

(cut)

Randy: Did you go all the way under? (checks her neck under her hair) They've got an anasthesia so you don't feel anything. I didn't feel a one of 'em and I knocked five or six off my legs.

Michelle: The next time I get my period I'm gonna put leeches on my stomach.

(cut)

Michelle: Is that the only one? Are you OK?

Randy: I'm fine. They don't hurt, they just...

Michelle: They just suck.

Randy: Yeah, no pun intended.

Michelle (laughs): I really didn't mean...

(cut)

Randy (putting his shirt on): What do you think? Makes me look tough?

Michelle: What, getting into the water?

(he points at his leg)

Michelle: Oh, the blood!

Paloma is Starving

Paloma struggles with the hardships of living in Gabon.

"It kind of sucks right now, it sucks really bad. All of us are hungry, we're tired. We haven't slept. We just want food, but we do have one thing that's kind of cool. We have team spirit. We're like laughing the whole time. We actually all woke up, it was like 2 or 3 in the morning, we were like, 'Yeah, it's morning,' and we were all getting ready to get out and start the day, and then we realized because of the position of the moon it was only 2 o'clock in the morning. We all had to go back to sleep again, which sucked, because it's so hard to fall asleep."

(cut)

"Last night we were all worried about wild animals and stuff. Last night all you could hear, it wasn't wild animals, it was people's stomach's growling (makes stomach noises). There were no wild animals outside, just everybody's stomachs growling really bad last night."

(cut)

"Now we don't have food or water, but our spirits are pretty high. If they're not high we're doing a really good job of pretending that they're high because we don't want anyone to think somebody's weak or what not. Even though I feel like throwing up because my stomach's empty, even though I feel like complaining every second, I'm sucking it up and I'm like, 'I'm strong, I'm happy.'"

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •