The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-01, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
And if so, will he try and influence this episode to favor an Ogakor IC victory...

...look at the Maze IC, JP stated that there was no advantage/disadvantage to going with all 7 when CLEARLY there is a disadvantage....with more people that was 2 extra mouths screaming directions, 2 extra chances to get lost...I think there was definitely a slight edge to Ogakor b/c of that....do you think MB did that on purpose to try and tip the scales in favor of Ogakor???

It would make sense for MB to want a 5-5 merger...w/ no minority tribe that would limit the chance of one tribe getting "pagonged". and we all saw the lack of drama last year as the Pagong were systematicaly eliminated one-by-one.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... BIGsurvivor 02-24-01 1
   RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... Bremen 02-24-01 2
 Maze challenge Siebured 02-24-01 3
 Imbalance and Game Strategy AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 4
   RE: Imbalance and Game Strategy DivaByTheSea 02-27-01 14
 RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... lambity 02-26-01 5
   Maze rules AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 6
       RE: Maze rules heresy 02-27-01 12
   RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... ACPS65 02-26-01 7
   RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... Minstrel 02-26-01 9
       Agree AyatollahKhomeini 02-26-01 10
 RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... shanana banana 02-26-01 8
 RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... janisella 02-26-01 11
 RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe spli... ItzLisa 02-27-01 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BIGsurvivor 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-24-01, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BIGsurvivor Click to send private message to BIGsurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
on the other hand w/ a 6-4 split could be drama...if ogakor tries desperately to pull nick to their side..or if the kucha's use last 2-3 ogakor's to get some of their own voted off (very possible jeff and alicia side w/ 2-3 ogakors..though colby will have to go first)

ogakor most definately had an advantage..it could not have been helpfull dragging kimmi and rodge around..if they had beena llowed to split up it woulda been kucha advantage, but apparently they were not.. man kucha got its ass kicked in that challenge didnt they lol

Bremen 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-24-01, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bremen Click to send private message to Bremen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
I thought it was great that the Ogies won after seeing them so dejected about their reward loss. I don't think it was as big as a disadvantage as you guys make it out to be. the ogies were so determined and they had so much energy. Kucha koo didn't seem to care as much.

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-24-01, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Maze challenge"
It may seem like Kucha had a disadvantage, but that's because of the way the tribes played the challenge. I couldn't understand, when they found a token that was out of order, they didn't leave someone there to direct them back. If they had done it that way, Kucha would have had the advantage.

In the puzzle challenge, there are ways to place the pieces that make it really hard to solve those puzzles. This would have been the perfect opportunity to fix a challenge, but, if you noticed, both puzzles were identically scrambled.

I think he does want a 5-5 merge, but he doesn't rig the challenges.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-01, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Imbalance and Game Strategy"
Imbalance offers certain strategic opportunities that balance does not. As Dicque taught us, in a balance situation, the first vote is key. Tagi used it to vote off Gretchen and then systematically exterminated the Pagong. In an imbalance situation, the first vote becomes less key, because even if a Kucha went, there would still be a Kucha majority. It provides an opportunity for a quick-strike coup without throwing away your side's numerical advantage.

Personally, I think MB would have blanched at 7-3 but will be indifferent about 6-4 versus 5-5. Therefore, I don't think the E6 challenge will be all-hands, as the maze was.

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-27-01, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Imbalance and Game Strategy"
Even if Ogawhore goes into the merger unbalanced, they could have more strength than the Kuchies. If, and I hope this is the case, that the Ogahos go into the merger sans Jerri, they SHOULD be strong.

You have four individuals who will have bonded and realize that they, under any circumstance, break. First you have leader Colby and his man bonding pal Keith. Keith owes Colby, so I can't see K screwing him. Colby knows that K owes him, so he'll always pull that card. Tina...oh Tina. She likes Colby in the young hottie--nice to look at--motherly sorta way. (Think Gretchen a little more sexed up). Amber...she'll go with whoever. Again, she's a follower.

Those four could systematically take off the Kuchies....which if they're smart, they'd get rid of Mike first.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

lambity 50 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-01, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lambity Click to send private message to lambity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"

>...look at the Maze IC, JP
>stated that there was no
>advantage/disadvantage to going with all
>7 when CLEARLY there is
>a disadvantage....with more people that
>was 2 extra mouths screaming
>directions, 2 extra chances to
>get lost...I think there was
>definitely a slight edge to
>Ogakor b/c of that....

In my opinion, the maze was a very fair game. Kucha could have used their 2 extra members as an advantage to win the game. They should have placed their two strongest members at the front and back of their team like Mike and Nick and the less helpful members in the middle - Rodger and Kimmi. The members at both ends would be the maze leaders in case one of the heads come to a dead end, his/her tribemate can easily lead the tribe without wasting time contemplating and discussing with the others. The tribemates in the middle of the line should be on a look out for any clues that the two leaders might have missed. They could have collected the medallions much quicker that way.

02-26-01, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Maze rules"
We were not told the rules of the maze, but it appeared that the tribes were required to stick together, at least to collect the tokens.

heresy 94 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-01, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heresy Click to send private message to heresy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Maze rules"
>We were not told the rules
>of the maze, but it
>appeared that the tribes were
>required to stick together, at
>least to collect the tokens.
>

Jeff P. did prefix the discussion on finding the tokens with the phrase "As a unit...".

This means that the group had to stay (within boundaries) together, especially when grabbing the tokens.

If they had been allowed to separate, there would have been a obvious and distinct advantage for a group of seven versus a group of five.

However, I believe that there was a disadvantage for the Kucha -- but it is one that would not have been obvious (per Jeff's final comment that more members was not an obvious advantage or disadantage).

ACPS65 240 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-26-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ACPS65 Click to send private message to ACPS65 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
I think the maze challenge was rigged...but, I don't think Ogakor is quite going to have its act together by merger time.....

Final Four: Alicia Calaway, Jeff Varner, Elisabeth Filarski,
Michael Skupin.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-01, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
Lambity, while I disagree that the maze was fair, I do agree Kucha did not employ a good strategy. I actually think both Ogakor and Kucha felt the 7-5 was to their advantage so neither spoke up (at least we didn't see that aired). But I don't think MB rigged the challenge as others have posted. When JP said something to the effect that there was no distinct advantage either way, that likely meant given the positives and negatives it evened out. Thus, he left it up to the tribes to figure out the best strategy.

I don't think MB wants 5-5 or 6-4 or 7-3 or 8-2. He should know by seeing all the footage (especially that which we do not get to see in one hour), if a true alliance such as the Tagis exist. I do think in S1, he was hoping something would challenge the Tagi Alliance, but it didn't. He also has to know that the outsiders in a tribe holding an alliance after the merge may jump tribes and possibly try to bond with the other tribe and perhaps help take out the first alliance.

Also, 7-3 or 8-2 could just as easily have two alliances set up in the larger number and the smaller numbered tribe could add the numbers where there is something like a 4-3-3 or 5-5 set up. All still good television.

We have to remember, that fixing contest shows (or contests in general), is against the law. And, that within the law, there are abilities to construct a contest where "landslides" are the minority. Part of this, IMHO, is how much more difficult the physical challenges are. To me, that can force less competitive contestants to either form a "good guy/weak people's" alliance or have them attach to the strong people.

Ogakor is a great example. Jerri rose up and spoke her mind, but the weak (Mitch and Amber) tagged along for protection. Tina thought (IMO) she had the same protection, but found out she didn't and has switched sides which was the crucial nail in the Jerri demise. Kel was manipulated out, and Maralyn was both a threat to Jerri's group with her opposing the Kel issue, and physically weak (at her booting) as Mitch was. Keith has opposed Jerri, but is harder to take out (see below). Colby was first drawn in to Jerri, but not aligned and has since moved away. All beautiful drama that MB couldn't have scripted any better. It happened all on it's own.

What we see in Ogakor is hitting the weak spots. Kel manipulated where most of the tribe could agree he should go regardless. He was an outcast. Circumstances cleverly manipulated. Maralyn a threat and finally weak. (Though she said she was gaining strength. Yeah right! She looked pathetic in the rope race). Mitch was weaker than a baby koala in the jaws of a croc. All separated from the tribe. All outcasts.

From here, we have the "end around" play. The first attempt was to get Mitch, but it was ill conceived and Maralyn was booted. (Ten yard loss). The second was easy with Mitch. Run the same type play only this time, Colby performs properly. (Twenty yard gain and first down! A score in sight!) Jerri is now at best, down 3-2 in strength. Colby won't buy Jerri's trash, Keith never has and won't, and Tina has seen the light with Jerri not including her in "the club," and having the boat taken from her and Keith. Plus, if Tina does what I think she will, she will convince Amber that it is good for her to switch sides. That would be 4-1.

Jerri knows the score and is likely hoping Ogakor wins immunity so she can make the merger and see what's possible with the Kucha members. But, if she doesn't change her attitude, she will be without any support. And since she is no slouch at challenges, she will be a target. She needs to bury her head and try to fly under the radar while examining the possibility of joining a Kucha block.

02-26-01, 07:19 PM (EST)
10. "Agree"
In general, I agree with Minstrel's entire post. (My only disagreement is as to whether MB was indifferent to 8-2 or 7-3; I don't think so, because fewer contestants mess up the visuals for the "team" challenges.) The hardships of losing three straight ICs plus three straight RCs destroyed Jerri's alliance and made for compelling television. It also answered the question that came up after S1: won't the people on S2 just form alliances from the start and take all the drama out of the game? It turned out that a string of tribal defeats may crush the most solid alliance.

I agree with Minstrel that Jerri would like to stay "under the radar." But how can she? Keith wants rid of her. Tina wants rid of her. Colby is mad at her. Everyone still likes ex-cheerleader and part-time motivational speaker Amber. Jerri's only chance of escaping exile may be use of the "Lorena Bobbitt" strategy with Colby... but Colby may not let her get close enough to make this strategy work!

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-01, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
I think MB does desire a 5-5 merger. I think that if Survivor II ends up with a similar ending as Survivor I (a/k/a Kucha eating Ogakor the way Tagi ate Pagong) then a revamp of the game rules may be in order. It's only natural to side yourself with those people you've been living with for three weeks or so before the tribes merge, so the likelihood of contestants "switching sides" to vote is unlikely.

I would suggest eliminating the Immunity Challenges and simply alternate weeks where each tribe must vote out one of their members every other week, therefore ending up with an even number of contestants from each tribe at merger time. They could still have the Reward Challenges, maybe even double them up, which would still give each team an opportunity to see who is strong and who is weak from their tribe and a reason for who to vote off when it's their week's turn. Each side will still want to keep the stronger members intact in the beginning in order to win the Reward Challenges. Then once the tribes merge, they can revert back to the individual Immunity Challenges and play the game the same until it's over.

Just a thought. We'll see what happens this season.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-01, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"
I thought MB was the one who said S2 wouldn't be a 5-5 tribe split like S1 was (of course he could have been lying). I'm guessing that was one of the few true things he said and am guessing Ogawhore loses this one.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-01, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Does MB desire a 5-5 tribe split at merger????"

>
>It would make sense for MB
>to want a 5-5 merger...w/
>no minority tribe that would
>limit the chance of one
>tribe getting "pagonged". and we
>all saw the lack of
>drama last year as the
>Pagong were systematicaly eliminated one-by-one.
>
***That makes a lot of sense. I get very naive over this show, by the way - I keep thinking "No, fixing game shows is illegal - they wouldn't do that". But I have no proof that they wouldn't do that! What your saying sets up alot more drama, which boosts ratings. Hmmmm....some sort of legal loophole that allows MB to pull strings this way?

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •