The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-03-05, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
What are some great spins on the Big Brother show?

Somewhere here I already suggested Mental Patient BB and Cops BB (the latter BB would be comprised only of people who have been featured in handcuffs on the show "Cops").

Now I'm suggesting Who's My Baby's Daddy and His Ho Girlfriend? BB. This idea resulted from tivo being possessed and unexpectedly recording some Maury talk shows. Winding through some of those shows, most of them looked to be about implementing DNA tests to multiple men, so that a new mother might discover the identity of the baby's father.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... Snidget 08-03-05 1
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-03-05 2
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 3
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 4
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 5
   RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 6
       RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 7
   RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-08-05 9
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-05-05 8
 Big Brother Fish!! kingfish 08-08-05 10
   RE: Big Brother Fish!! SpoonStruck 08-08-05 11
   RE: Big Brother Fish!! SpoonStruck 08-08-05 12
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... Drive My Car 08-08-05 13
   The top ten best things about the ... kingfish 08-08-05 14
       RE: The top ten best things about t... SpoonStruck 08-09-05 16
   RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-09-05 18
       Hot Tub baby ruths.. kingfish 08-09-05 19
           RE: Hot Tub baby ruths.. SpoonStruck 08-09-05 20
 Sci-fi BB strid333 08-09-05 15
   RE: Sci-fi BB SpoonStruck 08-09-05 17
   RE: Sci-fi BB kingfish 08-10-05 22
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-09-05 21
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-11-05 23
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-11-05 24
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-12-05 25
   This would REALLY suck... kingfish 08-12-05 26
       RE: This would REALLY suck... SpoonStruck 08-13-05 27
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... kingfish 08-16-05 28
   RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-17-05 30
       RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... kingfish 08-17-05 31
 RE: Alternative Versions of Big Bro... SpoonStruck 08-17-05 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-05, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Mental Patient BB

You mean that isn't what BB6 is. I coulda swore they did all the casting for this season from the outpatient clinic at the mental hospital.

Wow, coulda fooled me

And Maury is kinda scary. I've occasionally channel surfed past it and got sucked in by some sweet young thing testing men 8-15 to see which one is the Baby Daddy. Since the first two shows men 1-2 and men 3-7 didn't come up with anyone.

Where is Mr Potter when you need him?

08-03-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Okey dokey. I'm getting really bored projecting the outcomes of BB6. Here's another idea: Conspiracy Theory BB: People Convinced That Liberaci Is Still Alive and Ruling the Planet ...or...

08-04-05, 04:32 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
In a couple of weeks, the concept of Coma BB might be a reality. For BB7, I vote for Catonic BB. That way none of the hamsters can do or say anything to be really annoying. Or I like little babies. How about Neonatal BB?

08-04-05, 04:42 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
OK, recalling how painful BB6 is to watch after reading the latest summary (better than the actual show), I now vote for BB7 to be Bondage BB: Gagged and Bound.

08-04-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Rasta's legalistic analysis of BB6 gave me another idea for BB7. It would involve a more efficient type of contract, and it would be called "Contralto BB," which is a play off of "The Sopranos" (when it was worth a dingle on HBO). All house guests must come out of the Witness Protection Program and be willing to cap the arses of the most annoying HGs. The producers could set up the house like "Clue"... Janelle, in the Diary Room, slinks behind Maggie and lays her out with a peanut butter and apple jelly enema...using a candlestick attached to a rope (given to Janelle by Mr. Mustard in the Billiard Room), in order to launch the lethal PB&J tennis ball up Maggie's rectum.

The POV goes to any nominee that ventures to fetch the lethal PB&J rectal ball.

08-04-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Ewww. Is this what BB does to me?

08-04-05, 09:41 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Yeah, uh, I mean the bizarre mental escape process from BB6 and NOT the actual mechanics. Besides, I'm OK. Got it? I'M OK! I'm here with Mrs. Plum in the Conservatory and

and

OH MY GAWD!

Big Brother 6 has driven me into the...the...the Study.

08-08-05, 03:05 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Help me! I have never thought of, uttered, or written the phrase "rectal ball" before. I hope I'm not in serious danger of being a future BB candidate.

I think I got overwhelmed when I was discussing Beau with a gay man friend of mine. He told me about some of that culture--to include how the "pristine catchers" ritually indulge in the practice of scented anal douching. I had to ask what a guy did with a douche, and then my friend said, "Get it? ANAL douche?" Oh help me. I'm not a prude, and I like to have my good clean fun. But why did I EVER have to learn about scented anal douches? It's just not fair!

08-05-05, 10:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Yeah. Another one: Pre-Op Bi-Curious Pole Dancer BB. Don't ask. Just blame it on Tahj!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Big Brother Fish!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-05 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

Very entertaining, but I sense a need for a more mainstream idea.

But, because that is probably beyond me, I'll offer this:

"Big Brother Fish"

The BB6 timeouts are really BBFish time-ins, we watch to see the BBFish interactions, alliances, etc., and get an idea as to which is the next fish to be voted out (flushed), what the the fish alliances (schools) are, the competitions, who the fish Head of Tank will be, all of that.

OF course, we will have to sit on our hands (fins) whenever the camera goes to rodents. The RTV fish boards get real restive during these interludes.

Fish Power!!!

Or (King)Fish Power? You know, that has a good ring to it...

08-08-05, 06:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Big Brother Fish!!"
BB Fish--excellent! And the fish evicted from the aquarium are sent for sequestration over at Sushi World!

08-08-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Big Brother Fish!!"
Well, that's just wrong of me. See, the freaks on BB6 have even made me hostile toward the fish.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-05, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Geriatric BB.
All houseguests must me 60 or older, heart patients welcome.

08-08-05, 10:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "The top ten best things about the Geriatric theme...."
1. Named; the season of the Halt and Lame, twists to include mortality odds, friends who knew each other in WWII, HGs who can remember their names, HGs who like pudding and TV night, actual HG corpse removal.

2. HOH contest; all HGs sit up, and the last to fall over and live is HOH.

3. BE THE HAMSTER catagories will include "The Invalid Elevator" and "The Old Man Smell"

4. Food contests; loser has to go a week without Metamucil.

4. Luxury contests; Neck Braces, Depends, Walking aids, wheelchairs.

6. Alliances; The hard of hearing, the blind, the ambulatory.

7. The HG voted out has just three short hours to leave the BB House.

8. The Golden Power of Veto is changed to the Aluminum Power of Veto to prevent neck injuries.

9. The fish will be more interesting to watch.

10. And Finally (for now); the HGs and the RTV posters ( ), even after Nth versions of BB, still won't be able to grasp the simple concept that this is entertainment, not life but a game like poker, where it is legal, honorable, and even intelligent to lie (gasp!), connive, and manipulate (Oh Lordy!) in order to win. Even to lie, and lie again, to Break Promises then lie about everything like a COWARD!!

Thanks DMC, this just wrote itself.

08-09-05, 03:11 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The top ten best things about the Geriatric theme...."
Ewww, how deliciously wickedly you have expanded upon DMCar's geriatric concept! Can you imagine the commercial line-up? It'd be all those pharmaceutical ads with ending disclaimers saying something like, "Side effects may include rash, itching with or without rash, halitosis, motor incoordination, cravings for vanilla flavored Ensure, and yellowish rectal discharge--all which may subside with continued treatment if you don't die from it first."

08-09-05, 03:25 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Would incontinence be welcome too? I'd like to see the pool change colors.

08-09-05, 08:38 AM (EST)
19. "Hot Tub baby ruths.."
Incontinence in the Hot Tub? Why wait?

(Under the Diary Room table payment to Ivette. Now for you next trick......)

08-09-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Hot Tub baby ruths.."
Under the DR table...in a jar of peanut butter. Stir well and serve to Cappy if he's voted back in.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-09-05, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Sci-fi BB"
Have Trekies, Warsies, Matrices and X-Philes on the show. And throw in some Anime fans. Take away their TVs and computers and watch them beg to be voted out. That or heated debates of who would win? Red shirt ensigns or Stormtroopers?

FTR, I'm a Sci-fi fan and this isn't to imply that all Sci-fi fans are geeks. (Although, most of them are. lol)

08-09-05, 03:21 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Sci-fi BB"
>>>"That or heated debates of who would win?"

I think that on the Day After Tomorrow, after an EMP, 4400 Hundred ufo's would be Sliders over the BB house and all the HGs would be sucked into a wormhole by the Cigarette Smoking Man and the Klingons, joining The Lost, thus saving our planet from another season of BB.

08-10-05, 07:58 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Sci-fi BB"
RIP Andromeda, you are missed.

08-09-05, 07:56 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Humph. I think Detoxing Street People BB might be a hoot to watch.

08-11-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Hemlock Society BB

08-11-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
City of Compton BB

08-12-05, 03:47 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-05 AT 03:51 AM (EST)

I think it could be doable to have historical themes BB. For instance, Pre-Civil War Personal Hygiene BB

08-12-05, 08:05 AM (EST)
26. "This would REALLY suck..."
A BB 'Integrity' Version. The winner is the HG who does not lie, cheat, backstab, does not react hypocritically, is respectful of his/her fellow men/women and those in minority situations, and has the finest and most honorable values, morals, is the most decent, and loves his/her mother.

OK, now that would really suck, wouldn't it?

08-13-05, 12:53 PM (EST)
27. "RE: This would REALLY suck..."
>A BB 'Integrity' Version. The winner
>is the HG who does
>not lie, cheat, backstab, does
>not react hypocritically, is respectful
>of his/her fellow men/women and
>those in minority situations,
>and has the finest and
>most honorable values, morals, is
>the most decent, and loves
>his/her mother.
>
>OK, now that would really suck,
>wouldn't it?
>
>

Aw yeah, that would suck! It would suck worse than Amish BB, which couldn't be televised because of religious restrictions.

How bad would it suck? It would suck worse than Hearing Impaired BB, seeing as how CBS can't even do a decent job on captioning the whispering hamster-speak. Speaking of Hearing Impaired BB, here's how bad that would suck... ...

Signin' with the love

08-16-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
OK, the earlier proposed version of BB Integrity would suck, but, after thinking about it a while, it occurred to me that there is a way that ‘BB Integrity’ might work. The basic premise would be that anytime a HG makes an explicit promise (that has to do with game strategy, alliances, voting etc.) and, swears by the ‘Golden Big Brother Door Knocker’ (or something), that he /she can’t break it. With BB as the judge, no appeal (?).

Promises could be kept secret as long as they weren’t broken or contradicted by subsequent promises, but if broken, would be made known to all HG’s by BB. And if multiple contradictory promises are made, the primary (first) promise would be valid and the ensuing promises would be made public (to the other HG’s).

HG’s would be forced to keep promises (BB would enforce a valid promise), OR, maybe they could break a promise, but either be penalized somehow. Other rules would be pretty much the same as regular BB, competition, POV. The eviction process would be the same (so that the HGs could be whittled down on a predictable schedule.

08-17-05, 01:27 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
Eh, I don't know, Kingfish. It sounds suspiciously like Contract Attorneys BB. Or even worse...Moral Majority BB

08-17-05, 07:20 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-05 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

Contract Lawyers? Hmmph. OK, Just go ahead, deflate my balloon - take all the fun out of it. (except for Mistress Emydi).

Actually that thought kinda tripped me up too, I mean they would be better off avoiding a device that adds considerably more interference by BB. But, since BB does interfere and adjust their actions a little anyway, the prospect of a little more interference isn't necessarily a deal killer.

FWIW, I really wasn't thinking of a new version but just an additional manipulation device. The same BB with one additional "integrity" provision (I hate to use the word Twist), the 'Golden Door Knockers' as a plot device like the Golden Power of Veto. An additional manipulation tool HGs could use. If a HG swore on the GDKs that he/she was going to do something in regard to voting (say), eviction promises, maybe even veto action, he/she would be bound to that action. In effect, they could choose to vote early, and in addition, could choose to make their vote known to more than just those involved. Or not. Maybe have a clean slate every week. Or, maybe they could make two week "Golden Knockers Promises".

They wouldn't Have to swear on it, but if the chose to, they would be bound.

Include promises by HoH.

It would be worth it if only to have something called "Golden Knockers" on the show. That would tickle me to no end, and should provide fodder for a lot of us self-described RTVW lampooners.

And there already is a litigious air in BB6. "I'm Going to sue for insulting my Dog!!" (Hilarious).

As for the religious or Moral Maj. Suggestions - A Pox.

08-17-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Alternative Versions of Big Brother"
What about Christian Crusade to Convert Homos to Heteros BB? I've seen this method spotlighted on some news magazine shows. I'll have to think about the scoring system.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •