The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-08, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-08 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

Survivor: Micronesia, Fans vs. Favorites

Welcome to the SOTS, State of the Spoiling, where we try and one up EPMB and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs...sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! Please check out our Community Guidelines. They keep Blows running smoothly and remind us that it is nice to be civil!
Before we get on with the episode at hand, I thought it would be nice to have a bit of a walk down memory lane with a quick pictorial of our players in order of their boot...

Johnny Dalton Fairplay

Mary Sartain

Yau-man Chan

Mikey Bartone

Tribal Swap

Joel vs. Ozzy

Happy Amanda post shark

AquaCouple...

Joel Anderson

Jonathan Penner

Jason embraces his idol

Chet Welch

Kathleen Sleckman

Tracy Hughes-Wolfe

Ami Cusack

Merge - Eliza Orlins

Ozzy Lusth

Jason Siska

James Clement

Alexis Jones

Erik Reichenbach

For a running commentary of the last episode, check out Estee's East Coast Update Thread located here. Last week the girls played Erik like a fiddle and got him to give up his immunity necklace to Natalie only to be blindsided by the black widow brigade. James sat back with a huge smile on his face as Erik will now be known as the dumbest Survivor ever.... This sets up the Final Four as an all female FIRST for Survivor...

So, now onto the show...3 Tribal Councils,2 Full Hours, and 1 Ultimate Survivor!!

Episode 14, Stir the Pot

Citywitch brings us the title in this thread. Most suspect Cirie may have said this quote, as she is quite adept at stirring the so-called pot.

Website Clues, CBS Misdirection

Brought to us every week by smokedog the website clues are quite brief for this episode...

1. It started as an epic battle betweens Fans and Favorites. But after game-ending injuries and blindsides, it turned into a battle with both the elements and each other. Only one will have survived it all to win the one million dollar prize. Find out who it is... LIVE!

Clearly this is just SEEBS hype...of course there will be only one winner...no real clue here.

2.One Favorite reaches her breaking point

Well, we see Parv crying in one of the vidcaps...

Is this new or old? Chances are that Parv can indeed hold it together. But, perhaps she will have a big display of tears to gain favor with the sympathetic jury, at least Natalie and Alexis may gain her favor.

3. after being blindsided, Ozzy is bursting with emotions - some bitter, some adoring - and gets all his feelings out in the open, leaving everyone stunned.

Well, even when Ozzy isn't in the running for the title, it's still all about him... Most are thinking that this spells out the finalists. He's very bitter toward Parvarti, and he's still very adoring toward Amanda. We know who he votes for, but will he sway others as well? James or Jason or Erik perhaps...we all know they still have serious man crushes on Ozzy...

For more clues, let's turn to some of the voiceovers...

VO: For the first time ever, four women have made it to the Survivor finals. Cirie...

Cirie: It's all about trust.

VO: Natalie.

Natalie: I'm pretty cut-throat.

VO: Parvati...

Parvati: I haven't been here to not win this game.

VO: And Amanda.

Amanda: I played completely loyal and just fought my way to the end.

VO: Don't miss three tribal councils.

Cirie: We love the fact that it's all women.

VO: Two unforgettable hours.

Jeff Probst (at end of Episode 13 TC): Who knows what is going to happen.

VO: And one ultimate Survivor. The two hour Survivor finale and live reunion show, CBS, Sunday.

And another:

VO: The Survivor season finale is on CBS this Sunday.

Jeff Probst: The season with the most injuries, evacuations, and blindsides, will end.

Cirie: We love the fact that it's all women.

Jeff Probst: (at end of Episode 13 TC): Who knows what is going to happen.

VO: Don't miss the two hour finale and live reunion show when all your favorites will be back. CBS, 8:00, 7:00 central.

Frankly, not much to go on...

CHALLENGES

Finally there are a few shots of one challenge that have been released in the press images...we see that it is some kind of an endurance challenge, that involves both balance and something that they must do, bail water. Survivor Phoenix gives us the lay out of the very first F4 challenge...

Note the 4 poles lined up to the right of the frame, clearly this will be the F4 challenge. Right now it is the only challenge shots that we have to go on.

Here's Natalie, on Blue:

Cirie on Green:

And Amanda on Yellow...

To me it looks as though they must climb up and down and refill the bucket with water, bring it back up, and then try and pour it into the column. No telling who is in the lead at this point, but I would bet that either Amanda or Parv will win this.

What will happen? Any of the Favs; Amanda, Parv, or Cirie could win this one as we hear that the fans will stick together and boot...

Natalie Bolton

Regarding the next challenge, we have no pictures of any of it. I'm sure that it will be some kind of an endurance type challenge which favors the girls...oh, yea, they are all girls...

So, with an endurance challenge, we will pick Amanda as our first choice, Parv as second. It matters because whoever wins this challenge will likely allienate Cirie. Most likely Amanda will win it, and Cirie will be our boot number 2:

Cirie Fields

So now it boils down to 2 girls that had a pact from the start. Amanda and Parvati. Amanda's edit was a mere shadow of the couple, OzzManda. Her edit really began with the demise of Ozzy. She surely came out of his shadow then and was shown as a contender, game on who was able show the guys just how indeed to play an idol. Had she not found the hidden II, she would have been history. She seems to be the heavily late game favorite. As michel points out in Veruca Salt's editing thread, Parv had a million dollar quote and has had quite a story throughout the entire season. Yes, she can still flirt, but she's had her eye on the prize the entire time, at the expense, however, of her friends and alliance-mates.

Here is an interesting picture...note that Ultimate Survivor is really over Parvati...

...but, look what we see in just a few frames...1 ultimate survivor right on...

...Amanda.

Michel feels that in seasons past, it has been the one that was edited as the stronger that seems to be the loser...Ozzy in Cook Islands, and even Amanda last season. BUT, this season I think our winner has indeed learned from her past play. This season I think our winner is...

Ultimate Survivor, Amanda Kimmel

She will indeed learn from her past, just as Parvati did. But, Amanda learned from the master, Todd, just how to bring home the jury. GREAT season, and very deserving final four!

Please stop at Dabo's vote thread.

Check out Estee's Post boot RealityTVWorld interviews. And check out Uncle Rich's U Tube Videos.

Thanks everyone for a great season!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... Scarlett O Hara 05-10-08 1
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... PsychoKitty 05-10-08 2
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... CTgirl 05-10-08 3
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... CattyChat 05-10-08 4
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... michel 05-10-08 5
   RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... Flowerpower 05-11-08 7
       RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... PepeLePew13 05-11-08 8
           RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... Flowerpower 05-11-08 9
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... whoami 05-10-08 6
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... citywitch 05-11-08 10
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... RudyRules 05-11-08 11
 RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... Outfrontgirl 05-11-08 12
   RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir th... PepeLePew13 05-11-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-08, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Woo! Hoo! Loved the stroll down Memory Lane, FloPo! And I like the fact that you don't dance around who you think may or may not win. Your'e always one to stick your neck out and make the commitment! I'm with you this season. I think it's Amanda Kimmel as well. After all, she did learn from the Master and Todd was a good teacher!

Thanks for a great Finale S.O.T.S.!

"Your'e amazing -- own it!" ... Ami Cusack talking about Ozzy

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-08, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Fantastic job Flower! Incredible graphics too - Aqua Couple, the voodoo Ozzy, target Ozzy and StickEliza! (She looks so real!!!!) Amazing!!! And SuperCool

I hope you are right and Amanda takes it

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
That was fun walk down memory lane (I'd already forgotten about a few of them! )

Despite spoiling it's own show all season with promos etc., CBS is certainly playing their cards close to their vest for the finale.

Great job FloPo without a lot to work with!

Scarlett Oz'Hara ®

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-10-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
*Standing ovation* Bravo! Bravo!

What a terrific way to end the season, FloPo. I enjoyed the walk down memory lane. Such good times on Survivor this season and in SOTS. You really did a lot this season and I thank you for all your creativity and hard work.

I love the way you think. I am sure hoping for a final 2 of Parvati & Amanda. I think it will be really close between the two of them & I'll be happy either way. They were/are my 2 favorite girls of the season and while I was sad to see Yau, James & Jonathan leave the game, a win by Parvati or Amanda will still be great in my eyes.

Can't wait for the finale . . . bittersweet, though, that it will be over.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-08, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Great SOTS, FloPo. The season recap in picture was fun. "WE're Saved" from the Fans at the swap had me laughing!

Thanks for presenting my point of view, we should have a friendly wager! Parvati and Amanda, it really should come down to those too... and Cirie hasn't said her last word either. 3 viable winners before the finale, when was the last time? It really should be fun whichever way it ends.

05-11-08, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-08 AT 00:07 AM (EST)

You know I always love your point of view, michel! Usually you and I are eye to eye. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Parv takes it all the way! I just think that both of these girls have learned from their former seasons. Amanda always did know who to align with though, right off the bat. She is going to take her old game to a new level at the last TC, at least she will certainly need to if she wants the win. But, remember, Amanda still did not know who won China when she left for Half A$$ Micronesia...

I think I am swayed a bit by the Ozzy clue in the misdirection. I think Ozzy is a very powerful player that definately people in this game respect. Especially James, Jason, and Erik, and now that they are not competing against him, I think he can influence them with his words. And it sounds like Ozzy will make an impact at that last TC.

But, nevertheless, you are probably right, michel! You are such a wonderful asset to Blows and I am happy we are able to share our Survivor insights! Thanks for all that you do!

ETA: You are on! Let's have a friendly wager...name it!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Ditto, I'm intrigued by the Ozzy reference in the previews - why would we be seeing this, why wouldn't they just let us see it as part of the final TC? There's a reason behind everything the editors put onto the show.

I can only interpret this to mean that there is going to be a final showdown between the one he is bitter towards (Parvati) and the one he adores (Amanda). In that case, I cannot see how Parvati would win the game over Amanda unless she pulls off another spectacular no-show in the Q&A a la China.

Even if Amanda doesn't know who won in China, I think she clearly knows she didn't perform up to snuff and got a feeling that she didn't win. Perhaps James filled her in on what the jury was feeling at some point during this current season? Either way, I'm sure Amanda knows she has to change her final TC strategy - I think she clearly showed this awareness during her theatrics that led to the unveiling of the hidden idol resulting in Alexis's boot and the emphasis on reminding everyone she didn't lie, etc.

Oh, FloPo? Grrrrrreat SOTS! Thanks for whipping this off and sending us on a good note going into the finale episode.

05-11-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
9. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
I'm sure Amanda knows she has to change her final TC strategy - I think she clearly showed this awareness during her theatrics that led to the unveiling of the hidden idol resulting in Alexis's boot and the emphasis on reminding everyone she didn't lie, etc.

Yes, and I clearly think that Amanda is making the change. I have noticed how decisive and vocal she is being at these last TC's, she is definately applying the "Todd" school of presentation to the jury.

Pepe, it sure has been fun having you frequent these boards a little more often this season. As always, you bring a great voice of reason to the table!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-10-08, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Great job flowerpower. Lvoed all the pic's.

~Agman

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-11-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
FloPo you're my idol! Great final SOTS!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-08, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
Thanks for another great SOTS FP!

Amanda RULES!

A TP production!
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-08, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-08 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

Ah, the Final SOTS is a thing of mirth and beauty from Mistres FloPo!
Thanks for pointing out the emphasis on Ozzy's jury performance. I think it must matter, as I've never heard of a teaser about one juror before.

I'm rooting for Amanda.
When i said in my summary that I would rather give my vote to the island crabs than Parvati I meant it!

Amanda got shafted in China for being all doe eyes and not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings and thus lost credit for gameplay. In that season she and Todd ran the show. In this season she was more of an underdog, as her switched tribe kept losing, then her allies were taken away, and she really only survived because she found the idol.

Parvati made too many alliances, and we saw what happened to Erik for doing that. Parv hated Jonathan in the Cooks for jumping ship, yet she did it here. I think she was one of the most vocal about "the Rat."

We've seen a lot of comments of late that Amanda has to go because she'll get the votes. So either that's there to blindside us with a Parv win or to show us that Amanda is considered by everyone to have the goods this season if she can make it. I think her story is more of a Danni edit. She really hasn't stuck it to anyone in the process. She's been loyal. She's the one you don't want to stand next to, and the one they wanted out, and she's going to make it. I think and hope that's her story.

Now, will Ozzy propose at the Finale before he finds out his girlfriend is a millionaire?

it seems like when the door is open wide, the walls start closing in ~ David Baerwald , Why

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-08, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS, Survivor Finale, "Stir the Pot""
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the blurb about Ozzy's comments is foretelling a Rat-and-Snake speech in the final TC, except that Parvati is both the Rat and the Snake to Ozzy. There can be no other conclusion in the game in order to justify this hype on Ozzy - Cirie wouldn't be seen as someone to be bitter against because Parv was outed to Ozzy as the mastermind behind his boot, even though Cirie planted the original seeds.

None of the other jury members would have such a "someone bitter and someone adored" scenario. James wouldn't say that he 'adores' Parvati.

I hate it when CBS hands us the answers on a silver platter.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •