The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Trading Spaces"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Trading Spaces"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

I don't know if there are any fans out there, I hope so !!
I started watching this show long before it caught on and they have all the "sister" spin-offs.
Paige is killing me. I have gotten to the piont where I can't stand her sheiking and over playing her role as a host. This new show with a $100,000 to spend has her really carrying on.
And now I have seen her and her real life husband in a commercial.
I have gotten to the piont where I turn the channel half way through the show.
I wonder if Doug is gay. Not that I care either way, but I am curious. Anybody else ?? I kinda like him. But he does have an snobby air about him at times. I love his hair.
Laurie looks great. She really took care of herself after having her baby.
I would like to see that dizzy, dittzy lady with all the weird hats that screwed up almost every show that she did. She dissapionted more people than she made happy. I bet that is why she isn't around anymore. She was around two seasons ago, so I don't know if anyone will remember her!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Trading Spaces Loree 10-04-03 1
   RE: Trading Spaces mcjesq 11-20-03 31
 RE: Trading Spaces kyngsladye 10-04-03 2
 RE: Trading Spaces OceansAngel16 10-05-03 3
   Trading Spaces 100 grand moonbaby 10-06-03 4
       RE: Trading Spaces 100 grand AZ_Leo 10-06-03 5
           Vern moonbaby 10-06-03 6
               RE: Vern LeftPinky 12-04-03 33
 RE: Trading Spaces FarmBoy 10-06-03 7
   RE: Trading Spaces ginger 10-06-03 8
       RE: Trading Spaces AZ_Leo 10-06-03 9
           RE: Trading Spaces FarmBoy 10-06-03 10
               RE: Trading Spaces StarryLuna 10-06-03 11
           RE: Trading Spaces OceansAngel16 10-06-03 12
               RE: In My Neighborhood Tilwee 10-07-03 15
                   Hildy dangerkitty 10-08-03 16
                       RE: Hildy Tilwee 10-08-03 17
                           RE: Hildy dangerkitty 10-09-03 19
                               RE: Hi Tilwee 10-09-03 20
                           RE: Hildy OceansAngel16 10-09-03 23
                       RE: Hildy janemillionaire 10-08-03 18
                           RE: Hildy StarryLuna 10-09-03 21
                               RE: Hildy OceansAngel16 10-09-03 22
                       Hildy: anotherkim 10-15-03 24
                           RE: Hildy: StarryLuna 10-15-03 25
                               RE: Hildy's Rooms are My Favorite, ... ginger 10-16-03 26
                               RE: Hildy: DB 12-22-03 34
                                   RE: Hildy: Tilwee 12-22-03 35
                                       RE: Hildy: realitycoholic 12-28-03 36
                                           RE: Hildy: munson 12-28-03 37
                                               RE: Hildy: Bebo 12-29-03 38
                                                   RE: Hildy: Swami 12-29-03 39
 $100,000 episode rant The Archon 10-17-03 27
 RE: Paige ghost cat 10-20-03 28
 Barry Bebo 10-27-03 29
 RE: Trading Spaces mcjesq 11-20-03 30
   RE: Hildi's New Addition Tilwee 11-20-03 32
       RE: Hildi's New Addition babydoll126 01-14-04 40
 Laurie SilverStar 01-14-04 41
   RE: Laurie Thaibeach 01-20-04 42
   RE: Laurie Roobean 02-01-04 43
       RE: Laurie ginger 02-02-04 44
           RE: Laurie ballerina_of_doom 02-09-04 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Trading Spaces"
Wasn't crazy hat lady named Dez?

I actually prefer watching the British version "Changing Rooms"(halfhour). Trading Spaces seems to go on too long. Lots of times I just watch the end to see the reveal.

mcjesq 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mcjesq Click to send private message to mcjesq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Trading Spaces"
I watched Changing Rooms for a while--loved Lawrence Luwellen Bowen (however it is spelled)--did you catch the "tart's palace" episode with the hot pink and zebra striped living room? And you gotta love Carol Smiley--I don't think I have seen the show since you left to have her baby.

kyngsladye 2921 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-03, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kyngsladye Click to send private message to kyngsladye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Trading Spaces"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-03 AT 10:25 PM (EST)

I love Doug too. Although the more I keep seeing the Michael Bolton album commercial, the more I think Doug looks like Michael Bolton.

I like to watch Debbie Travis' Painted House on the Oxygen Channel. For some reason, I love to hear her talk.

La Métropole

OceansAngel16 172 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-03, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceansAngel16 Click to send private message to OceansAngel16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Trading Spaces"
I'm acutally kind of looking forward to this Trading Spaces 100 grand eppisode... I want to see what they do with a 50,000 budget. I'm just glad Hildy isn't doing a room for this show, she does some really ugly rooms.

Did anyone else watch that trading spaces they hated it special? where they had the interviews with some of the people who aboslutely hated their rooms? Some of the couples looked mad still even long after they had redone their rooms..

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Trading Spaces 100 grand"
Anyone see it? I wasn't very impressed. Doug, man, what the heck did he do with that room off the kitchen? It looked like a waiting room in a doctor's office. Just throw some six month old women's magazines on the table and you're done! The kitchen looked great but UGH that other room! What was up with him and the metal pointer? He couldn't stop pointing and tapping at everything with it! LOL! The other designer (I forget her name right now) did a nice job but her room was overstuffed with a little too much furniture. Ty felt the need to mention that, too

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-03, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Trading Spaces 100 grand"
I think the biggest difference was that things were done professionally for a change. Floors were laid properly, cabinets were installed correctly, etc. And Ty got to build things from real wood, not MDF. Laurie did put way too much in her room, not just furniture but knick knacks as well. And I would have to agree that Doug's looked pretty ordinary and not very inviting.

I wish they had given the money to Vern rather than Doug. His $1000 rooms tend to look like they cost $50,000 already. Can you imagine what he could have done?

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Vern"
would have kicked butt! If they ever do this again maybe they'll use him.

How lucky were these friends to get the dee-luxe treatment? Sony gave them amazing electronics, they got totally new furniture and appliances....they really hit the jackpot. I loved that they were so surprised, little kid gleeful, and appreciative!

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-03, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Vern"
Vern's rooms are absolutely the best! I'd love to have him add some class to my house!

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Trading Spaces"
I watched.....

I was disappointed to see it was just another episode with a bigger budget and about 1 1/2 hours too long. The rooms looked nice, but it was nothing innovative. I was hoping they would do the entire house.

It was just a 2 hour commercial for Home Depot At Home Services.
(By the way- get ready to bend over the table if you use them.)

I think Doug had some kind of Freudian Frustration thing going on with that pointer.

Things I liked:

The homeowners got to shop. The designers stole from each other. They used some of the $$$ for professionals.

I will never, ever, not under any circumstances, be on this show.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Trading Spaces"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-03 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

I was disappointed, too. I think some of the things money can buy, like real silk curtains rather than lycra Target knockoffs, don't show up on the screen. And while I envied the homeowners all that Sony shwag, we still ended up (after two really pokey hours) with a typical Doug room and a typical Laurie (Lorie? Lori? whaddevah) room.
I thought for $50k we'd see living room lagunas and things.

>

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-03, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Trading Spaces"
Speaking of silk curtains and $4,900 sofas, if I remember correctly this was supposed to be a family room, not formal living room and the homeowners have a really big friendly dog that's used to sitting in there with them. Since I didn't catch the color of the dog, it's anyones guess as to whether Laurie's fabrics will look good with the addition of the dog's hair.

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-06-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Trading Spaces"

True....

And $6000 Italian drapes are oh so practical. Especially in that Country Kitchen stripe.

Bovinated- An Original Draco Masterpiece

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Trading Spaces"
As soon as I saw Laurie was one of the designers, I knew $25,000 of her budget would go on fabric alone. I agree that these rooms did not look like they cost $50,000, with the exception of having professionals do things and Ty and Amy Wynn getting to build stuff out of real wood. (It was nice to see each designer get their own carpenter too...seemed to make things less stressful on Ty and Amy Wynn.) It would have been cooler to see the designers spread the $50,000 out over several rooms (If I had $50,000 to spend I could do my whole apartment and still have $40,000 leftover!)

As far as the rooms, I liked Doug's better than Laurie's, mostly because Laurie's was just so cluttered with knick-knacks and furniture. I have plenty of knick-knacks myself, but I hate to have every single thing covered with them.

10-06-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceansAngel16 Click to send private message to OceansAngel16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Trading Spaces"
I was dissapointed as well, but I nearly died trying to supress laughter at Lauries room. Didn't they say nothing too fancy because their dog would ruin it...? Its probably a tan or dark brown dog, because the other home owners said its a Marmaduke of a dog, which made me thing great dane.. So the fur might go well with the fabric, but i don't think its large bulk and nails will agree with them too well.. Thats probably why their old furnature looked like it was in such bad condition, the dog would lay on it.

10-07-03, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: In My Neighborhood"
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-03 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

On the TS Family Show, the episode that was shot in Virginia Beach, Va.. "Talbot Court".. is 2 streets over from me. I wasn't here when they came this summer, but my neighbor told me that they REALLY have more than one carpenter ! There is a second guy that helps out the carpenter. She also said that they were real nice to the kids that showed up....I was really sad I missed that opportunity, but who knew ??? They wrote it up in the paper afterwards. I guess so that the place would not be mobbed ???
Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the $100,000 show. I checked in, checked out, checked back in at the end..
I agree with someone who said that Vern would have done well. I love him. He is the ONLY one I would let in my house. He does do great things with little money...
Yeah, That dittzy woman was named Dez...thanks.. You know, you sign up for a show, you see what happens, you have to be ready to come up with $1,000 to undo the damage if you don't like it. Maybe more, if they do something wild.
Hildee in her high heels painting and clutching her designer shaw is a kick in the pants. I can see myself trying to paint the laundry room in high heels and holding onto my designer shaw. Yeah. Right, Hildee. She sure is in love with herself. She has never done anything that I like or appreciate.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-08-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Hildy"
Hildy.

Plastic flowers stapled to the bathroom walls.

Need I say more?

I guess if you didn't see that show, I need to say more. She stapled plastic flowers all over the bathroom walls.

10-08-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Hildy"
Hildy, thank you.
Anyway, yep I remember. It was a disaster. And she cut out the middle panel of the cabinets and put in red plastic panels. Hello.. ROXANNE....
And painted everything else that God awful gold. Even the guy helping complained !
You know that those flowers would be covered in dust in no time. How would you keep them clean?
Bottom line: The flowers were ugly, ugly ugly.. And cheap looking.
I think she really doesn't give any practical thought to what she does. I get the feeling that she does these wild ideas because she get away with it. No one would actually pay her to do the stuff she does.

dangerkitty 1913 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-09-03, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerkitty Click to send private message to dangerkitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Hildy"
Hi Tilwee, I wasn't trying to correct your spelling, just putting her name there for effect! I don't know how she spells it, anyway.

And thanks for reminding me about the red and gold crap she did! Ugh! That was just unreal, that room. I think she just likes to see what she can get away with. Like painting her own face on a whole wall of a room...

10-09-03, 08:54 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Hi"
Hi DangerKitty !
Don't worry I didn't take it that way ! I am a phonetic speller and I used two ee's because it reminds me of Twindle Dee Hildee !!
I forgot about her face on the wall!! That's one show where the owners will be repainting. I wonder how many people were unhappy but faked it. We know about the people that had the courage (or anger) to speak up.
Remember that orthagonol (sp ??) room in the basement with all the lines going back and forth and up and down ?? Geez, I would have to think after a couple of beers in that room one might think they had been slipped some LSD. I thought that that room was already small and boxy, being a basement with lower ceilings, why would she use all those lines and make it smaller ?? And she compensated for the smallness of the room by scaling down the furniture. It looked like a scene from Alice in Wonderland.

10-09-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Hildy"
Homeowner "Sorry I can't go out tonight tomorrow night, I have to vaccuum my bathroom walls"
Friend: "What do you mean? there are nicerways to turn someone down"
Homeowner:"Did you forget Hildy did my bathroom on TS?"

Another horrid wild idea of hers, was her portrait on the persons wall in dots.. That was SCARY

janemillionaire 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-08-03, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janemillionaire Click to send private message to janemillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Hildy"
I saw that show. So tacky!!!!!

10-09-03, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Hildy"
95% of Hildi's episodes are tacky.

10-09-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Hildy"
Anyone see the episode where she did the kitchen walls with wine lables? in the house of someone who doesn't drink anything containing alcohol? I think he was a priest..
And yes, Hildy does tend to do tacky rooms..

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Hildy:"
straw on the walls. Felt on the walls. Flowers on the walls. Records on the wall.

Worst.designer.ever.

Hated Doug's kitchen; LOVED Lori's room!

10-15-03, 05:43 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Hildy:"
I'm looking forward to the episode where Hildi glues trash to the walls.

"In this room, Paige, I'm going for a shabby chic kind of thing..."

10-16-03, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Hildy's Rooms are My Favorite, Because..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-03 AT 06:47 PM (EST)

...because it is so much more fun to watch her gut someone's family room and paint the generations-old tri-handled moss-covered grudunza that the family all but isolates in a lucite cube to keep her from harming. Vern and Lori can do my house but as I'm watching someone's ELSE's makeover, I want to be amused, shocked, and horrified.

This new designer Rocket shows good potential for the "They Hated It" factor.

DB 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-22-03, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DB Click to send private message to DB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Hildy:"
>I'm looking forward to the episode
>where Hildi glues trash to
>the walls.
>
>"In this room, Paige, I'm going
>for a shabby chic kind
>of thing..."
>
>

It has happened! Did you see the recent episode where she covered all the walls and ceilings of a lovely guest room in packing-box cardboard? Hildy noted this look was not for everyone -- the couple involved among them, it turned out -- but said the design was "the height of sophistication." The family did get a very nice bed from the deal, but the wife looked like she wanted to clock her next-door neighboor for going along with the room design, which included cardboard chairs. (Better not spill anything on it!)

Paige noted that they don't typically decorate rooms with packing materials on the show.

I note that in recent episodes, I've heard two designers admit that the walls of their own houses are painted white. Ha! One of them was Frank, who I think is a hoot. The homeowner he was working with said: So, you put all these colors in other people's houses but your own walls are white. To which he replied: That's because my wife does all the decorating at my house. Hmmm.

I think that dear Hildy was the other white-wall designer. She copped to this after covering a couple's bedroom walls with feathers, of the chicken variety, I believe.

I'm hooked on these shows, as well as "Clean Sweep" and "What Not To wear." Actually, they can be somewhat inspiring and educational, corny as it sounds.

12-22-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Hildy:"
DB.. you are right. Hildy was the one designer that had white walls. No wonder she comes up with the stuff she does. As a designer I would imagine that one would get tired of white walls very quickly.
I happen to have white walls with a very light light taupe color on the trim. I find that when I want to change the decor of a room it is cheaper and more fun changing the color of the pillows ( I recover them) and other things..like the matting in picture frames (I do it myself). This way I can experiment with differt color schemes and if I don't like it I haven't invested a lot of money on paint and repaint!!
But feathers and cardboard ?? Never on your life.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-28-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Hildy:"
I just watched the episode last night when she covered the walls in "bubblegum" wrapping paper and affixed paint cans all over the ceiling. I remember thinking that she must do all of these wild rooms because her own personal home(s) are done in white and white only--everything: walls, furniture and fixtures! Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't think of anything Hildy has ever done that I liked, and nothing that Vern has ever done that I didn't like! LOVE VERN!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-28-03, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Hildy:"
I caught the last 15 minutes of this episode as well and when I saw the reveal of that room, my jaw just dropped. Hildy has done some fugly rooms (OK, all she's done is ugly rooms) but this disaster was incomprehensible. She really has no talent at all but more ego than she knows what to do with.

Artists have a vision, Hildy is a nightmare.

Ever wonder why TS never re-visits the homeowners, say, 6 months after the re-do? I'll bet it's because 90% of them rip up the rooms and start over.

C'mon, TS, I dare you. Follow up on any of Hildy's designs and if even one remains, I'll be big time surprised.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-03, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Hildy:"
Ever wonder why TS never re-visits the homeowners, say, 6 months after the re-do?

They did recently. They re-aired a couple of the shows with the title "Trading Spaces - They Hated It!" and spent a few minutes on interviews with the homeowners to see what they did with the rooms after the folks left.

I only saw the first one. Laurie had done a modern room with a lot of brown for a woman who hated brown. They ended up not changing the room because so many of their friends told them it looked nice.

I can't stand Hildy. I turned off the gumball room episode because I'm sick of watching her crappy rooms.

I am the embodiement of snarky, sarcastic and smart. I am also the S7 Anti-Bootee co-champion!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Hildy:"
Hildy does stuff just because she can get away with it. She has spray-painted a sofa (with wall paint, not fabric paint). Who in thir right mind would do that?

When they took her to London for a special a while back, she did a childrens' room. She had 6 paint cans of different primary colors which she splattered & gobbed on all four walls (and the ceiling too, I think.) Painted some perfectly good furniture in the same stupid colors. The two little girls who lived in the room were just stunned.

I hate it when they do things to walls, like glue on cardboard & moss, that would be so difficult to change.

The Archon 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-03, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Archon Click to send private message to The%20Archon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "$100,000 episode rant"
Hi everyone,

Sorry this is so belated, but I just found out about you guys.

I used to do rants and commentary on the TV series "Martial Law"
(http://archonrealm.tripod.com/mlaw/index.htm), and I decided to turn my (dubious) talents towards the TS $100,000 special. It took a week, but I did a roughly scene-by-scene rant. I've decided to put my first draft up for perusal: "Ten Thousand Words on One Hundred Grand" is available here:
http://archonrealm.tripod.com/ts/index.htm

Disclaimers: I'm not a regular viewer of Trading Spaces. I've seen some episodes from the last two seasons, but only about three or so per designer (though I keep hitting Laurie and missing Doug, for some reason - I'll need to aim better). I'm also insulting, libellous, and often tasteless. And I couldn't design my way out of a paper bag, so I spend more time talking about the events of the show than the actual designs.

I've also been called "Snotty but funny" for some of my other comments. Take that as you will.

ghost cat 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-20-03, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ghost%20cat Click to send private message to ghost%20cat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Paige"
I, too, watch the show; though I couldn't really tell you why. I think I just like the whole hectic, what'll they do next kind of feeling. Plus some of the designers are fun: Vern, Doug, and the chubby old guy with the grey beard whose name I can't remember right now.

I SOOO agree with you on the Paige Davis situation. I really miss the original hostess, Alex MacLeod. What really bugs me is that they've published a "behind the scenes" book, and there is absolutely NO mention of Alex. It's Paige this, and Paige that. Doesn't Ms. MacLeod deserve even a paragraph? One sentence?

the Ghost Cat

"God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger."

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-03, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Barry"
So, a new guy did a kitchen on Saturday night's ep. Not bad.

Much better than the new total loser guy on the family version who makes me want to turn the channel as soon as I realize he's on. Is his name Eric?

We really do have guidelines here. Believe it or not, the Guidelines make things more fun. Really.

mcjesq 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-03, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mcjesq Click to send private message to mcjesq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Trading Spaces"
Big fan here for quite a while. I remember Dez--didn't she make a lamp out of a galvanized steel trash can for someone's living room? She was always making lamps out of junk--not chic, kitschy stuff, just junk. Vern--LOVE HIM!! I just can't seem to catch enough of his episodes anymore! I just love the clean lines and the class and sophistaction--remember the pear inspired kitchen? Inspired! What else can I comment on? I do think Doug is gay (not that there's anything wrong with that). He can pitch such a fit sometimes! Grow a set, man!! Most people seem to agree on Hildi--she is nuts! Speaking of nuts, no one has mentioned Kia and her grave site bedroom! She used ASTROTURF with plastic flowers inserted...for a bedspread! Uggh!!!I could go on...

11-20-03, 02:17 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Hildi's New Addition"
Is it me or has Hildi gotten a boob job?? I saw her last week wearing a tight fitting shirt. Let me be political correct in saying that I swear she has gotten a breast enhancement !!
I have never seen her wearing anything that brings attention to her chest before last week's show.
I saw her in a cocktail dress when there was a makeover for the carpenters for the Daytime Emmy Awards. She looked nice in her little black dress, and it was then that I noticed that she was small breasted.
Please someone else out give me some feedback !!
By the way, I think she does some God awful stuff just because she can. I don't see her living with astro turf and plastic flowers on her bed !! Did she really think someone would appreciate that??
Vern is my man. His designs are classy, clean, all in good taste and actually reflect some design education.

babydoll126 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-14-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail babydoll126 Click to send private message to babydoll126 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Hildi's New Addition"
i loved this show during the first season. alex was a interesting, funny host. then they got paige and i really didn't like her as much. she wears a lot of makeup and always seems to be talking in a high pitched squeal. it seems like it has really gone away from being genuine & now it feels so scripted and i just lost a lot of my enjoyment for the show. i still find it interesting what hildi will glue to a wall but a lot of the show seems tired now. i watched yesterday afternoon's and will watch saturday cause they are both here in new orleans.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-04, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "Laurie"
Am I the only one who hates Laurie? I can't stand her! Everything that ever comes out of her mouth is "clean, crisp lines" or "this will look really sharp" or "I got this fabric in (insert country here) for such a bargain" Just the way she talks is so irritating, and don't even get me started on her lipstick! I agree with everyone else- Vern is the best! But I actually have liked some of the rooms that Hildi does (like that London episode with the paint splattered walls) and I usually like whatever artwork she makes, no matter if the room is awful or not. Frank irritates me with his painting of EVERYTHING! And he always distresses things. I know that some people like the old, antique look, but I am certainly not one of them. If I buy something new, I want it to look NEW! Genevieve is cool, love Ty, hate Kia, hate Edward, like Doug (most of the time). Who am I missing?

SilverStar

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-20-04, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Laurie"
Am I the only one who hates Laurie? I can't stand her!

Put me on that list, SilverStar. I have liked some of her designs, but, man, is she annoying.

Faaaaaaaaaabric!!!! and twenty different names for the same ugly light brown paint. It's "caramel"! No, it's "maple sugar"! No, wait, it's "corn"! Actually, Laurie, it looks more like "babysh**".

Her princess attitude is what really bugs me. Watch her when they are moving stuff out of a room. She'll grab one pillow while the homeowners are taking the couch. She just seems like a rich sorority girl who went into design as a hobby to keep daddy happy.

Hildi is a genuine DAW. She can't be serious with some of the things she does - they must have been done just for the shock value. Cardboard walls? Flowers glued to the bathroom walls? Broken glass on the fireplace? Straw on the walls? Record albums nailed to the walls? Wanting to dye a carpet orange?

I wouldn't let her near my house, but it's fun (in a train wreck kind of way) to watch her slowly and deliberately ruin another room.

Strangely enough, she was responsible for one of my favorite things on this series. She was redoing an apartment that had an ugly dropped ceiling - and she replaced the old, ugly panels with stained wood. It was really beautiful (to my amazement).

I also have to say that I think her "Tiffany" room would have been nice, but the homeowners did a more graffiti approach with the airbrush, when I think Hildi had a more "lacy" effect in mind. That doesn't change the fact that she is a menace .

Roobean 155 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-04, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Roobean Click to send private message to Roobean Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Laurie"
I agree about Laurie. She drives me nuts! When she was pregnant her hand was permanently fixed to her stomach. I couldn't stand that. Her designs aren't too bad but she, along with some of the other designers, is too much about "her design" instead of the livability of the room for the family. I remember her in a house where the guy was adamant about them leaving the ceiling fan. She took it down and said "they can put it back if they want".

Also, didn't Hildi want to paint carpet one time but the homeowners nixed it?

02-02-04, 06:34 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Laurie"
I envy her hair.

Also, would rather she did my room than, say, Kia.

ballerina_of_doom 1462 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-09-04, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ballerina_of_doom Click to send private message to ballerina_of_doom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Laurie"
Better Kia than Genevieve (or however she's speeleeng it these days). Her little girl voice and flirting with the boys thing has me wishing I ate popcorn so I could throw it at the screen. (not a fan of harsh and cold, self proclaimed fashionista, Hildy either, but at least she's fun to hate...)

My dog ate my signature.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •