The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS website clues for ep.10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-08, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS website clues for ep.10"
One Castaway has made too many promises to too many friends, leading to a Tribal Council in which she is forced to betray an alliance.

One Castaway, desperate for friends and allies, makes the ultimate sacrifice in exchange for promises of safety from every single tribemate...

Who will go home? Find out in a Tribal Council you won't want to miss!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 vince3 04-11-08 1
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 dabo 04-11-08 2
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 ohmyheck 04-11-08 3
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Brownroach 04-11-08 5
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Bebo 04-11-08 4
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Chez 04-11-08 6
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 byoffer 04-11-08 8
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 citywitch 04-11-08 10
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Brownroach 04-14-08 12
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Georgianna 04-11-08 7
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 samboohoo 04-11-08 9
       RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Georgianna 04-11-08 11
           RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 dabo 04-15-08 16
               RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Georgianna 04-15-08 17
                   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 dabo 04-15-08 18
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Georgianna 04-14-08 13
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Brownroach 04-14-08 14
       RE: CBS website clues for ep.10 Georgianna 04-15-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-08, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Sounds like an all or nothing gamble to blindside Ozzy...... already......

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-08, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Parvati. Fave Four Couples Alliance with Ozzy, Amanda, James. F4 Women's Alliance with Amanda, Cirie. F4 Woman's Alliance with Alexis, Natalie, Amanda (without Amanda's knowledge until merge). With Erik and Jason still in the game there are targets outside the deals she's cut, she shouldn't have to betray anyone yet, but she has no actual control of the game and all her dupes are operating on their own gameplans.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-11-08, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
I think Jason is going to give up the Necklace. If he does, he cements his place as dumba$$ of 16 seasons of Survivor.

The first one is Parvati.

I think Jason is going out, with everyone betraying him in the process.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-08, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-08 AT 12:16 PM (EST)

I think Jason is going to give up the Necklace.

That's what I'm thinking. The playing of the stick can't have been the "huge blunder" -- Eliza was 99% sure it wouldn't work. Something worse is coming.

Could be Ozzy playing the idol when he doesn't need to. But giving up the Immunity Necklace when you know you are at the bottom of the totem pole is about the stupidest thing anyone could do in Survivor. And giving up the Necklace is the thing that CBS would consider "the ultimate sacrifice", imo.

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
One Castaway has made too many promises to too many friends, leading to a Tribal Council in which she is forced to betray an alliance.

Parvati. We've been shown in the previews, and she cannot keep promises to both Amanda-Ozzy-James and Amanda-Natalie-Alexis simultaneously.

One Castaway, desperate for friends and allies, makes the ultimate sacrifice in exchange for promises of safety from every single tribemate...

The only desperate one is Jason. The others have at least one alliance that they feel they can trust. The ultimate sacrifice is agreeing to be the "pawn" in an Ozzy blindside.

The plan: Ozzy is told that he is being targeted by nuAirai, so he plays the II. Jason is being told that he will be getting two votes from Ozzy and James, because they're being told he's the target, but that the other six are planning to split their votes 3-3 between Ozzy and James (or Erik) so that one of them will go home if Ozzy uses the II.

What really happens: Ozzy plays the II unnecessarily as Jason is voted out in a landslide, leaving Ozzy vulnerable in any TC where he does not have individual immunity.

Who will go home? Find out in a Tribal Council you won't want to miss!

See above. Jason thnks it's going to be Ozzy, Ozzy thinks he needs to play the II to save himself, Jason goes in a landslide.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-11-08, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
This sounds like too complicated a plan. I think it has to be something much simpler.

I also cannot imagine who Jason would give up the immunity necklace to at this point. He has no allies at all.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-08, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
I don't think Bebo's suggestion sounds that complicated. They want to vote Jason out and flush out Ozzy's HII. But rather than upsetting Ozzy by lying to him, then find a way to get Jason to do their dirty work by lying to Jason.

I absolutely think that this is the perfect time to flush out the HII, which will be high on everyone's mind. And since Jason is disposable (and not in Ozzy's pocket) then he is the perfect pawn.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
i love your scenario...the only thing I can't wrap my head around is: One Castaway, desperate for friends and allies, makes the ultimate sacrifice in exchange for promises of safety from every single tribemate...

how could this play out?

04-14-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

One problem with that scenario is, why not just vote Ozzy out?

There are two ways Ozzy could get played by the tribe: 1) they make him feel safe so he doesn’t use the idol, while they vote him out; or 2) they make him believe he is the target so that he does play the idol, while they vote out someone else (or they vote for Ozzy but someone else leaves). Either way the hidden idol is voided and goes back to Exile Island.

But I don’t really see the sense of plan 2. Ozzy’s still a formidable challenge hog without the hidden idol. It would be better for everyone (except Amanda) to get Ozzy out of the game altogether.

I think his other alliance-mates could easily convince Ozzy that he has nothing to worry about, while they plot against him. Plan 2 seems more difficult to execute -- someone has to make Ozzy believe that at least five people are suddenly gunning for him and he has to use the idol or else. (And then why *not* throw votes at Ozzy at TC anyway?)

Not that I think that Ozzy will get voted out this week, but I also don't believe he is likely to play the idol this week.

(edited for clarity)

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-11-08, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Although it hasn't yet been updated for Episode 10, Survivor Fever's Bootlist, thus far accurate, now indicates that James may (there is a question mark following the notation) leave due to a "game-changing injury" and "return to the jury".

But the site also does not yet say ... when.

So, whether or not his departure might expand the number of castaways who are desperate for "friends and allies" to two ... in Episode 10 ... isn't clear.

However, I would think that his public confirmation of the fact that he has the HII (and his indiscreet attentions to Alexis) pretty much rendered Ozzy's retention value to any of the remaining players, other than the excessively loyal James, nil.

And Ozzy is prone to grand gestures.

So, could it be Ozzy who surrenders (gives back/returns) one, or even two, Immunities?

Now that would be an ultimate sacrifice and blunder.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-08, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
I think there is one more injury that has a major impact on the game. From the April 14 TV Guide:

The sound of Erik Reichenbach's stomach connecting with the platform on Survivor: Micronesia won't soon be forgotten. Injuries have become de rigueur this season: Jonathan Penner left due to a life-threatening wound, and - spoiler alert! - there's another potentially game-changing injury ahead.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

04-11-08, 07:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-08 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

I looked again at the Bootlist, and it seems that SF's ambivalence is not about James suffering a "game-changing injury" but rather about whether or not he returns for the jury:

... (leaves game, returns for jury?).

And, if he doesn't, then, as some have speculated and others have hoped, we may just have a Final Two.

But, that would also mean that either James doesn't leave before Episode 10's Tribal Council or that we've seen, in the stick, what was billed as a blunder beyond his. And, if the latter is the case, CBS should be ashamed of itself.

Again.

04-15-08, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Could James sustain a game-altering injury just standing under a bucket of water waiting to get drenched? Could he Chet up that badly on that challenge?

04-15-08, 10:40 AM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Well ...

In this, the Season of CBS Chet - where obstacle courses are constructed of stobs sharp enough to puncture a man's leg - the possibility that a bucket might come down along with the water in it is, I suppose, not out of the question.

But, like you, I really can't imagine how James (or anyone else) could manage a self-inflicted injury in that Challenge.

Which begs the questions:

1. Why has SF concluded that it is James who suffers the injury referenced by TV Guide? Are they merely adding one - another "potentially game-changing injury" - and one - James' Post-Merge disappearance from their radar?

2. And, if the injury (to James or to another contestant) doesn't occur in Episode Ten, then when does it occur?

Too, an injury severe enough to require removal from the Game needn't be Challenge-related. For instance:

I've been watching James 'whack' very big sticks into much smaller ones for two Seasons now. And dreading the moment that one of them flies back into his face.

On another note:

If the 'deal' that (presumably) Jason offers his tribe is - 'In return for your individual and collective promise that you will not vote me out of the Game at this Tribal Council, I will award my Immunity Necklace to the one of the eight of you who chooses the number between one and eight that I'm about to whisper to Jeff. And, I promise to make that same offer to the remaining members of the tribe each time that I win the Necklace for as long as I remain in the Game' - would it then be a 'dumb' move?

This intriguing idea is not original with me . I recently read a version of it in the Survivor Spoilers forum hosted by Survivor Sucks. But I can't, now, locate the post. I can, however, apologize for being unable to give its author the credit due him or her.

Because, frankly, I thought it was a brilliant answer to every Challenge Hog's dilemma.

04-15-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
18. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Jason isn't the brightest bulb in the shade, though getting Eliza to play the false idol was a pretty good way of getting rid of the thing. Trusting Ozzy not to be a hypocrite would obviously be a dumb move unless he's prepared to follow Eliza to the Ponderosa.

04-14-08, 02:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 00:42 AM (EST)

It would seem that CBS is going to give us at least a peek at 'Loser Lodge' (aka Ponderosa) this Season.

One of the interesting things about the video to date is the fact that the Jurors were evidently cloaked and hooded en route to, and presumably from, Tribal Councils.

And I've been puzzled for some time by the fact that, given its clarity about the placement of the remainder of the Cast, Survivor Fever's Bootlist has been so vague about James and Cirie: saying only that James made the Merge and that Cirie finished Mid-Jury to Late Game.

And now I wonder if a source relying principally on body shape and skin color (exposed hands and feet) to identify arrivals and departures from Ponderosa could only verify the transit(s) of one substantial and dark-skinned contestant before "Late Game"?

So, if James did leave the Game due to an injury and didn't return to join the other Jurors, might that mean that Cirie was the Mid-Jury arrival? Or, of course, that if James left and did return by Mid-Jury, that Cirie made it to Late Game?

ETA: Or beyond?

04-14-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
14. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
Maybe Cirie's "status" shifts depending on if James returns and if there is a Final 2 or Final 3.

I assume the four marked "Late Game" (Pravati, Amanda, Alexis, and Natalie) are the F4. If James does not return and there is a Final 2, two of those four will be Jurors 6 and 7. In that case, Juror 5 (Cirie's likely placement in this scenario) could be described as "Mid-jury".

If on the other hand James returns to the jury having left the game earlier than Cirie, then Cirie is likely Juror 6, out of 7 jurors and a final 3. That placement could be described as "Late Game".

04-15-08, 00:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.10"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-08 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

You're most probably right, Brownroach. And there is nothng at all cloak and hood about the whole thing. Just a question of when James left the Game and if he returned.

So ...

That would seem to indicate that someone (presumably a source outside the Game) quite literally lost sight of James after the Merge. And that, given that SF appears to be confident about every placement other than his and Cirie's, would seem to indicate that he didn't return.

BTW: James Barber's transcription of Episode Nine's Micronesia Insider describes the 'skinny dipping' conclusion of the Merge celebration. And contains a great line from its only non-participant: "They're all like 12 anyway", said Cirie. "I'm hoping that a shark might eat three or four of them".

Wonder which three or four ...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •