The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 9: SOTS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-08, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 9: SOTS"
Survivor 16: Fans Vs. Favs State of the Spoiling

Episode 9: “I’m in Such a Hot Pickle!”

If you are new to these boards, please take a look at our Community Guidelines. You will find them very helpful in navigating your way around SurvivorBlows.

Last week on Survivor, Ozzy and Alexis were sent to Exile Island missing the Immunity Challenge and a chance to eat pizza, but gaining immunity from Tribal Council and planting seeds of jealousy in Amanda’s mind. Erik tattle-taled on Ami that she had been negotiating with the Fans to vote out Ozzy. His strategy worked and the lost puppy dog found a home for another week on Malakal Beach. Even Ami’s Oscar-worthy waterworks at Tribal Council couldn’t convince the Favs to save her and she was voted out 4-1. If you missed last week’s episode, you can read about it in the East Coast Spoiler Update thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The big news this episode is that it is MERGE TIME! It’s time to

DROP YOUR BUFFS!

Both tribes paddle to a third beach with all their belongings, including the chickens. It isn’t known if they stay there or return to Malakal or Airai Beach to live.

The survivors receive a big banquet to celebrate:

The merge also brings some Survivor Rivalry, a little drama and the vermin du jour!

One promo promotes that a new rivalry emerges: Ozzy vs. Jason! We hear Jason saying in the voiceover, “Being able to dominate Ozzy will be one of the highlights of the game!” Their rivalry will play out at the immunity challenge.

Alexis and Ozzy have become pretty chummy since their time together on Exile Island:

And Amanda is jeal-ous!

Jeff Probst dishes that the love connection between Ozzy and Amanda becomes a love triangle in his weekly episode preview. There is wine at the reward feast and Alexis has too much to drink and hones in on Ozzy!

And James eats a bat!

Poor little guy!

Flowerpower brought us all the Vid Caps and the discussion can be found here.

The Immunity Challenge: Last Gasp

The immunity challenge is similar to the immunity challenge in Palau that Tom won. Survivors are tested in the water during a rising tide. A steel cage is set up in the water at low tide, with the castaways huddled inside under a steel tier. With the rising tide, the Survivors must fight for air, and the last player to stay under the cage wins Immunity. Even though Ozzy would be favored to win it looks like Jason copies Tom’s strategy to plug his nose and make a funnel with his hand to breath to win immunity.

And as Suvivor Phoenix points out – that bracelet is not a stick! Jason wears one just like it. EPMB would love the irony if a fan triumphs over a Favorite using a technique he remembers from a past season.

Here are the bracelets Jason was wearing at the beginning of the season (Ozzy's bracelet is white):

So if Jason wins immunity, who gets the boot this week? It seems like Eliza’s time has run out. The tribes have merged, all her old allies have left the game and her only current ally is Jason. There are several clues that point to her boot.

Michel brings us the information on the Episode 9 Title. Michel suggests its Eliza saying this and Vince agrees. Eliza is out of allies and she is in a pickle!

Smokedog brings us this week’s CBS website clues:

The promise of the Hidden Immunity Idol dramatically raises one person's hope for survival...until she sees what it actually looks like!
This clue is about Eliza too:

If Jason has the immunity necklace, he might decide that is a good reason to share the Fake Immunity Idol with Eliza who incredulously says,
“Oh my God, it’s not the idol”
Jason: “It is the Idol”
Eliza: “No, it’s not the Idol”
Jason: “Why do you say that?”
Eliza: “Because that can’t be the idol.”
Jason: “Why not?”
Eliza: “Because it’s just a stick!”

This could go down as one of the funniest Survivor scenes ever. How ironic would it be if Jason wins the immunity necklace and then finds out that his HII is a fake!

The tribes merge, and the Fans are outnumbered by the Favorites. Will the Fans be able to turn things around to save one of their own?

Jason saves himself by winning immunity.

A usually cool Castaway sets her sight on a new target when she spies on this target flirting with her man.

We saw above that this is Amanda jealous of Alexis. This is boot misdirection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Summarize:
Reward: Merge Celebration
Immunity: Jason
Bootee: Eliza

“Hey Jason, I’m just a stick!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For more information on the likely end players of the game, be sure to read The Players, The Game, The Editing.

Also interesting reading are the post-boot interviews and discussion found here.

And lastly, don’t forget to vote for the Survivor you think will get the boot this week!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to Survivor Phoenix and Survivor Fever for their photos, and to FlowerPower, Michel, smokedog for posting their clues and to all the peeps for their insight this week! And special thanks to Scarlett for her photochop skills.

Scarlett Oz'Hara ®

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS dabo 04-09-08 1
   RE: Episode 9: SOTS Chez 04-09-08 4
       The Big Blunder sugarbooger62 04-09-08 9
           RE: The Big Blunder michel 04-09-08 12
               RE: The Big Blunder sugarbooger62 04-09-08 13
           RE: The Big Blunder Chez 04-10-08 16
       RE: Episode 9: SOTS dabo 04-09-08 15
           The Biggest Blunder Ever Karchita 04-10-08 20
               RE: The Biggest Blunder Ever dabo 04-11-08 24
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS Scarlett O Hara 04-09-08 2
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS Flowerpower 04-09-08 3
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS Brownroach 04-09-08 5
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS byoffer 04-09-08 6
   RE: Episode 9: SOTS Estee 04-10-08 17
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS redbeard103152 04-09-08 7
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS suzzee 04-09-08 8
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS sugarbooger62 04-09-08 10
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS michel 04-09-08 11
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS dreamerbeliever 04-09-08 14
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS whoami 04-10-08 18
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS Karchita 04-10-08 19
   RE: Episode 9: SOTS CTgirl 04-10-08 21
       RE: Episode 9: SOTS Karchita 04-10-08 23
 RE: Episode 9: SOTS Wallflower66 04-10-08 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
YAY! Good job, CT! Merges can be the most confusing mishmash, but it seems we can look forward to the big blunder happening. Usually the merge is a time the biggest challenge threats should fear, I suppose Eliza is the scrappiest most determined fighter among the women. Scrawny stick, yes, but give her credit for never giving up.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-09-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
I must have missed it... What is the big blunder?

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-08, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "The Big Blunder"
>I must have missed it... What is the big blunder?<

The big blunder everyone talks about is from China when James had two II's in his possession when he was booted and didn't use either one. He was the tenth person voted off. That episode and the next episode were the last two times that the II's could be played and he didn't use them. Talk about a BIG BLUNDER! Amanda and Todd, whom he had alliances with, orchestrated his blindsiding. If I remember right(somebody correct me if I'm wrong), but I think James had an uneasy feeling at that TC but relied too much in the alliance he had with Amanda & Todd to play the idols. For a moment, I think, he thought about playing them and then didn't. You see, Todd was ticked off at James for keeping the two idols to himself and not sharing at least one with him and Amanda. So it was buhbye to James.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Big Blunder"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

Sugarbooger, you are right about James feeling uneasy but not about keeping the two idols. It didn't go exactly as how it was edited:

Reality TV World : What do you think happened there? What do you think was going through his head?

Todd: "Right before Tribal Council, I approached (James) and said, "Look, they're going to vote for me. I need the idol tonight!" he said, "Okay, I'm going to go get it for you." Instead, he yelled at Erik and said, "Erik! I don't know what you're thinking -- what you're putting in this boy's mind -- but I'm voting with him tonight!" So I went back to James and I said, "You keep the idol because I want you to trust me." That's when I put the final nail in his coffin. I wanted him to feel super-confident that he wasn't going home that night."

What will be this season's blunder?

04-09-08, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Big Blunder"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

I'm just going on what was aired on TV, not what was going on behind-the-scene. In that interview, in addition to what Todd said about what happened off-camera he also talks about what was shown to the audience.

Reality TV World: What was your reasoning behind giving the Hidden Immunity Idol to James and then telling him where the other Hidden Immunity Idol was at the Zhan Hu camp?

Todd: I was so worried that Zhan Hu was going to throw the next challenge again; that we were going to go into a merge five/five; and that we would literally get screwed. So in my thinking, I said, "If I give this to James as insurance..." Because we didn't know the idol would be the same at Zhan Hu . I said, "You go see if the idols -- if it is -- we're going to show these idols."

He agreed to it. We agreed to show the idols... He even told me when we got back, "These are OUR idols if we need them." So I was never worried. Then it got to the point where we were in the Top 7, and he wasn't handing me one! He just kept saying, "Yeah we're sharing. We're sharing." But he wasn't giving it to me so he just had to go.

Reality TV World: Okay, so that was one of the contributing factors as to why you agreed to blind-side James?

Todd: Exactly.

The "he's not sharing the two idols with us" is what lead to his boot and that's what they showed on TV. That's all I'm talking about.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-10-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Big Blunder"
Yes, I knew about James' blunder in China, and this time we think the big blunder relates to Jason and the fake II. But what confused me was I thought Dabo was saying the big blunder of this season is going to take place in this episode, but I guess he just meant he looks forward to it happening soon.

04-09-08, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Actually, I was thinking of this, from the Pre Game Press Releases thread started by FlowerPower

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/6876.shtml

(Probst speaking) I can tell you that the idols play a major part in this season. Capital letters. They do have more impact than I think they've ever had. They have more impact this season than ever before. Luckily for James, James currently holds the title of biggest blunder in Survivor history. Luckily for him, he only holds it for one season. Because we have someone this season that makes an even bigger blunder. A major blunder. I know when it happened that James was thinking, thank God.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-10-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "The Biggest Blunder Ever"
Here's a wild idea.

What if Jason to give Eliza immunity, she sees the stick and says 'it's just a stick' and he says, 'no it's the idol' and she says, 'OK, then you give me the immunity necklace and keep the stick'. Then she organizes a bounced vote to hit him. She lives for another week and Jason goes home with the prize for the Ultimate Blunderer and James is really happy.

04-11-08, 01:36 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The Biggest Blunder Ever"
Hey, I thought you and michel came up with some really excellent speculation, and it would all have been hilarious had it played out that way.

At this point, James doesn't have to still be in the game to have the thank God thought, a big blunder could happen as he's watching from the jury. Or he could still be in the game, but I think James would say something unless he's forbidden to speak.

Maybe Ozzy gets tricked into giving his HII to someone else, it gets played, and then Ozzy gets voted out, that would work.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-08, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 08:10 AM (EST)

CTgirl has hit a homerun this week! I think it's a GRANDSLAM, Sugar! No questions left unanswered this time around! Thanks so much for putting this together and doing such a great job.

Surely ... we will see Eliza flounder this week ...

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Great job, CTGirl! You have it all figured out. Can't wait to see the scene with Jason and his stick! Ha! thanks, fp

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Great SOTS, CTgirl!

So I wonder if Jason is offering Eliza use of the fake idol at TC, in order to bounce Ozzy and give the Fans+ELiza the advantage. Maybe Eric plays double-agent and clues the Fans in that the Fave alliance is voting for Eliza.

Except that Eliza refuses Jason's offer when she recognizes that what Jason has is not the idol. Which will set up Jason to look even stupider when he himself tries to use it, probably next week.

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
*applause*

(although that picture of Eliza's head on the stick bug will haunt me!)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-08, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
That would be at least partially my fault.

And yet I don't care.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-09-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Great job CT Girl. Looks like you figured out this weeks episode very well.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Well done CTgirl, most enjoyable & thorough !

A Tribal Sig

04-09-08, 06:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
With all the misdirections out there you did a very good job on this weeks SOTS CT. That pic of Eliza as a stickbug is too funny but now I'm going to have nightmares due to that and Scarlett's flounder pic of her. That Eliza is a freaky-looking girl. Look at the way she bugs her eyes out when she talks. And do you see how she eats the corn-on-the-cob at the merge feast. Eewwwww. I love the first pic of the feast with Cirie looking at Eliza thinking, "B!tch, pleeeezzz. She HAS so got to go."

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-08, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Great Job as always CT Girl. You're excellent at this. The only question I have left is how can James be hungry enough to eat a "juicy" bat after the pizza feast last week and the merge feast this week? Ewwwwwk!

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-09-08, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-08 AT 10:14 PM (EST)

Wonderful work CT! Bravo! And gee, only two PTB bonus questions are gimmies this week lol. The host really needs to come up with harder questions

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Great job on the SOTS.

04-10-08, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Thanks, CT! Really well done.

The fruit bats in the South Pacific can have a six foot wingspan and a body about the size of a chicken, which would be a lot of meat.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-08, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
According to our very own KO_Brienfan who writes a prediction column for Survivor Fever, "We'll get to see James chow down on the Micronesian delicacy marinated bats..." so I guess he doesn't catch the particular bat he's eating!

04-10-08, 07:46 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
You are so on top of things this week!

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-10-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 9: SOTS"
Yay, CT Girl! Just got the chance to read your work, and I must say...that was a very well-organized, nicely-written SOTS! Great job, girlfriend! Loved Eliza as a walking stick!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •