The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New to SO web site"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shortystyle6969 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shortystyle6969 Click to send private message to shortystyle6969 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New to SO web site"
I am addicted to SO. I have watched from the very beginning and I have hooked almost all my friends on it. I agree about TJ being to bossy but why is it when Allison spoke up for Lisa that TJ felt she had to correct Allison. She was just as guilty the night before when she jumped into Lisa and Allison's conversation. Lisa at first really got on my nerves and I thought she should of been sent home. I work with at risk youth so I know you can't send them all home and the ones you think really don't get it seem to come around. I think she is just afraid of the changes she is going through and I think it scares her to realize how strong she really is. I think everyone in the house has been guilty of something and instead of fighting they should realize they all have the same thing in common and thats starting over.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New to SO web site LisaA 12-13-05 1
 RE: New to SO web site Stormy Sky 12-14-05 2
 RE: New to SO web site Happs45 01-31-06 3
 RE: New to SO web site SOfan0221 01-31-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LisaA 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-13-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaA Click to send private message to LisaA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New to SO web site"
Shorty, I'm with you. I hope the house guests will realize they all have the same thing in common. I think they each think 'their' problems are somehow better than other people's problems. Like, TJ may be thinking, 'well, I've got ADD and dislexia--I can't help my problems, so I think I must be better. And Allison is like, "I survived breast cancer. Look at me." Jill is like, 'I'm working harder than any of you AND I have a tumor. look at me.' And so on.

In Rhonda's book, fearless living, she talks about wearing your problems like a badge of honor. They all need to get down on each other's level and say, "I am nothing except what I make of myself." And take off the "badge of honor."

TJ is hooked on and obsessed with getting a hold on every problem and trying to solve them. I was glad to see, yesterday, that she was told not to volunteer opinions. Now I'd like to see her realize that problems are not her job to solve.

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-05, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New to SO web site"
Welcome to the SO site, Shorty!!!! I agree with almost everything you said. All the women in the House need guidance & help. I think sometimes the LC's don't handle some of the situations that come up in the House correctly, but I guess that's part of the show. There's so much to do, & learn, & teach. I love SO, learn something new everyday!

Happs45 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-31-06, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Happs45 Click to send private message to Happs45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New to SO web site"
Well I'm new to this site also, and have already made 3 posts--I can't seem to sleep tonight! I found SO by accident last summer while I was off from school--I'm a high school teacher. I instantly was mesmerized at the goings on of the housemates, the life coaches, you name it! I, too, could relate to many things each of them was going through--a little of Jill, little of Lisa, etc. However, I deal with high school students daily who think their world around them is falling apart, and for some of them, it truly is. How do these women feel any one of their problems is WORSE than anyone else's? I hate to say this, but I think this comes from having a bunch of women in the same house--we are too hard on each other, and not supportive enough. I'd have a hard time living with all of them, and I'm pretty easy going. I think they, and all of us need to realize that people's problems, and even young people's, whether big or small or still problems to that person! I think some of my student's problems are about 1/2 silly cause they're not in the real world. BUT--I would never tell them that, cause to them, it's the worst possible problem they could have! And, as a teacher, I have to respect that, and hold my tongue, and sometimes, try not to laugh--especially if it's a girl-boy break-up kind of thing and they think they can't live without them! Lord. BUT--to that kid, it is the world's biggest problem!! On 9/11, we all watched to horror on tv, while one student I had cried because her dog had been struck by a car that morning and killed. All I could think is, how could your dog be that important when all these people have just died? But to her, that was the biggest thing in her life. These women would benefit by admitting, your problem is just as big, and just as important as mine, and how can I help you? Maybe I'm just stupid--but I think everyone's feelings are real--no matter how insignicant they may appear to the rest of us! Just my opinion ! Thanks!!!!!! Happs

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-31-06, 07:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New to SO web site"
Welcome to the site shortstyle6969.

I also am a SO addict, never miss an episode (unless my vcr messes up - lol) and I recall the episode your referring to.

I have a bit of a different take on it. While TJ may have been out of line to say something to Allison, Allison took what TJ said and totally turned it around. Allison told TJ don't be a b!tch, but when Allison started retelling her story she told the other HG that TJ called her a b!tch - which wasn't true.

I actually thought it was about time someone in that house called Allison out. Allision sat in confession time after time regaling the camera about how this houseguest or the other just 'didn't get it', when she herself was having the same problem. She didn't get it or else it didn't stick with her when she did.

I for one was very, very thankful when Miss Allison finally exited my TV screen. I had seen more of her than I wanted to, and while I can relate to her breast cancer trials some of the other stuff she put out there put me off.

Lisa1 is the next HG I can't wait to leave my tv. She has been around so long she thinks she is a LC in training. too funny.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •