The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS website clues for ep.8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-19-08, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS website clues for ep.8"
A battle of the sexes begins to emerge, as some women contemplate joining forces to turn the tables on the strong men.

One Castaway, alone and isolated, takes desperate measures to stay alive in the game.

One Favorite is brought to tears when her loyalty and integrity are questioned.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 PepeLePew13 03-20-08 1
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 citywitch 03-20-08 2
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Bebo 03-20-08 3
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Scarlett O Hara 03-20-08 4
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 PepeLePew13 03-24-08 5
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Brownroach 03-24-08 6
       RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Georgianna 03-24-08 7
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 sugarbooger62 03-24-08 8
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 smokedog 03-24-08 9
 RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Outfrontgirl 03-25-08 10
   RE: CBS website clues for ep.8 Travel_Queen 03-25-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-20-08, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
>A battle of the sexes begins to emerge, as some women
>contemplate joining forces to turn the tables on the strong men.

Haven't they already been doing this? Even with Kathy and Tracy leaving in the most recent episode, there's still a large female advantage in the game to the tune of 7-4.

>One Castaway, alone and isolated, takes
>desperate measures to stay alive in the game.

Sounds to me like Erik. All his old cronies are gone from his little tribe and only Jason (amongst the guys) is still alive in the game over on the other tribe. He's over the moon with Ozzy but how can he fully trust the tribe knowing he's the last Fan left?

>One Favorite is brought to tears when
>her loyalty and integrity are questioned.

Ami? It sounded a lot like she was ready to turf some of the other favourites in the post-IC boot discussion last episode and this could be a set-up for her impending boot.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-20-08, 06:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
>One Castaway, alone and isolated, takes
>desperate measures to stay alive in the game.

For some reason, this makes me think of Eliza - no real alliances, where will she fit?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-08, 07:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
A battle of the sexes begins to emerge, as some women contemplate joining forces to turn the tables on the strong men.

This was shown in the previews - Parvati talks to Alexis and Natalie about a final 4 with Amanda.

One Castaway, alone and isolated, takes desperate measures to stay alive in the game.

Erik is the only original Airai left on nuMalakal, so he has to work on Ozzy to not vote him out and target either Cirie or Ami instead. Desperate measure? He tells Ozzy about Ami's idea on voting out Ozzy at last TC.

Ami is the most likely candidate, based on her scheming against Ozzy last time.

But if this is setting up the next boot (Eliza), it could be an explanation as to why Parvati was talking with Alexis and Natalie but excluding Eliza. But I see Ami as a more likely candidate for the waterworks - Eliza wouldn't be all that surprised to have her loyalty called into question.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-20-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
Here, here! I think you've "Hit the nail on the head", Bebo! I'm in complete agreement!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-08, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
I also see Ami getting much more upset than Eliza would... but while I agree with you that Erik is the one who plays desperate and outs Ami as a fence-sitter and gets Ami booted this coming episode, I believe that the storyline is also building up Eliza's imminent boot as well - the casual viewer would be all 'WTF?' if there was no advance setup for the boot of someone like Eliza who has appeared to be a real player this season.

I think Parvati would include Cirie as one of her allies for the F4/F5 discussion - am I wrong to assume Cirie would probably be more willing to ally with Parv/Amanda than with the Fans? Also, Parv knows she could beat Cirie in most IC challenges, while either James/Ozzy would wipe the floor with any of the ladies.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-24-08, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
I think Eliza makes more sense as the weeper. Personality-wise, Ami seems less likely to get teary then Eliza. And Ami *has* considered siding with the fans, so I don't think someone questioning her loyalty would make her get all emotional. A person would be more likely to get upset if there is little or no real basis for suspicion.

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-24-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
I think Eliza makes more sense as the weeper. Personality-wise, Ami seems less likely to get teary then Eliza.

Given a choice between the two, I would agree.

But I think that Episode Eight's featured histrionics are far more likely to occur at Malakal than at Airai. And I too think that Ami is far too self-possessed to be reduced to tears by an accusation that has little meaning in a Game that celebrates the art of deception.

On the other hand ...

Cirie pays a great deal of lip service to her own exceptionally elastic interpretatons of "trust" and "loyalty". And her personality certainly lends itself to either the strategic or steamed expenditure of emotion.

However, my money's on Amanda ...

Reality TV World: A lot of viewers are having a hard time understanding how you could have been so decisive in the plan to turn on James and then seem to have been so paralyzed with an inability to -- despite talking about it for days and having several opportunities -- turn on Todd. Can you explain the disconnect?

Amanda: I was kind of emotionally a mess towards the end of the game. I was tired of hurting people. It absolutely hurt my game. I don't know. I had a hard time separating the social experiment of the game and the game itself. I was just emotionally a mess at the end. I didn't know if I could do it.

sugarbooger62 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-24-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sugarbooger62 Click to send private message to sugarbooger62 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
Could you post the link where you found the clues on CBS? I've been to that site and I can't find them anywhere. Thank you.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-24-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor16/

it's on the right hand side of the homepage

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-08, 04:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
I think these might be very simple and we can get off course by overthinking about who would cry.

AIRAI, shown in preview.

ERIK

AMI

With two teasers about Malakal, the boot is most likely there. Usually one (or more) of the teasers will tell the boot story. Call that an extension of the OFG theory. I think the last two tell the story of Ami's boot. Erik has information; he promised Ami to support her and now he needs to betray her to stay alive.

Just because Ami was ready to turn on the Faves doesn't mean she can't cry when she's accused of wanting to backstab them. Especially if they really lay into her.

it seems like when the door is open wide, the walls start closing in ~ David Baerwald , Why

Travel_Queen 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-25-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Travel_Queen Click to send private message to Travel_Queen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS website clues for ep.8"
I agree with your assessment, especially since Erik's story has been a Fan who is studying & learning all aspects of The Game of Survivor from the Favs. After Joel's boot, didn't he mention how he would have to do "some of that", meaning the backstabing/blindsiding?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •