The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRICA"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRICA"
I found at SURVIVOR SKILLS an artical about SURVIVOR 17 being in SABON,West Africa. DanieuBleau posted that filming will be in SABON NATIONAL PARK in SABON,AFRICA. SABON is on the West Coast of Southwest Africa. It has a very beautifulb Atlantic Ocean Beach with lots of elephants,rhinos,and whales swimming closeby. SABON is at the edge of a tropical rain forest and is the size of Colorado. Production is scheduled for early JUNE and filming JUNE THRU AUGUST,2008.Casting is scheduled for MAY,17,2008.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRI... vince3 03-10-08 1
 Gabon? tribephyl 03-10-08 2
   RE: Gabon? PepeLePew13 03-10-08 3
       RE: Gabon? PepeLePew13 03-10-08 4
           RE: Gabon? tribephyl 03-11-08 5
   RE: Gabon? UNCLERICH1 03-11-08 7
       RE: Gabon? Flowerpower 03-11-08 8
       RE: Gabon? PepeLePew13 03-11-08 9
       RE: Gabon? tribephyl 03-11-08 10
 RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRI... Max Headroom 03-11-08 6
 RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRI... Outfrontgirl 03-12-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRICA"
At least they're not gonna be in the middle of the desert this time........

7 years since they've been on the continent of Africa. Let's see if some of the lessons learned in that time (by both contestants/fans and production) will be put to use....... *doubts it*

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-08, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Gabon?"
Where are you getting this information?
Cause after searching through Skills and Sucks and various other websites I can find no "Sabon" anywhere in West Africa.
Could you mean Gabon?
And where did you find the information on the exact park they are to film in. Because all I found was speculation on the country and possible (survivorthemed)beach locations available but not one ounce of confirmation on a specific park being used. Nor one with the name of Sabon National Park.

A map of Gabon doesn't list Sabon anywhere in their park directories.

And as far as (survivorthemed)beach locations go we have ...
Akanda (540 KM2 Gabons principal stopping off point for migratory birds)
Loango (1550 KM2 Elephants on the beach, surfing hippos, with humback whale acrobatic offshore)
Mayumba (80 KM2 The most important nesting site for leatherback turtles on earth)
Moukalaba Doudou (4500 KM2 Relict savanna fauna such as waterbuck and jackal)
and some protected areas like... Rabindogo, Wonga-Wongue and Ogooue.

Alternately I chose to go the SABON is on the West Coast of Southwest Africa route.
1. SW Africa, formerly known as German SouthWest Africa is now known as Namibia.
2. There is no Sabon National Park in Namibia.

So if you can supply some links or something that can better exemplify your claims that DB is touting Sabon and an actual map of Sabon would be helpful as well.

I'm hoping it's just a typo, but with all of the CAPS, I figured you were being serious (and throurough).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-08, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Gabon?"
There's a region called Sabon Gidan in the far southern part of Niger, just south of the city of Tahoua, a few miles north of the Nigeria border.

Alternatively, there are regions called Sabon Giri, Sabon Gida and Sabon Birni - all in Nigeria.

03-10-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Gabon?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-08 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

Okay, I just wandered over to Survivor Skills for the first time ever ... and within 20 seconds, I found a thread titled Survivor 17 and it links back to a discussion over on RealityFanForum which in turn linked back to an original mention by Wezzie on January 31st.

And?

It clearly says "Gabon, Africa."

Somebody needs a little reading/geography lesson. Sheesh.

ETA: the second page of the link above has some detailed information on Gabon (including the quote in the original post of this thread saying it's about the size of Colorado) and some nice pictures of the beaches of Gabon.

03-11-08, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Gabon?"
Sorry for making you go through the hoops, Pepe.
I went through it too and was just a little put off by the lack of correct information given and now it will probably act as the Survivor 17 thread despite it's TYPO SUBJECT.

Although I'm no expert and it could still be in Nigeria for all I know.
If they can somehow find a spot away from the over 140 million people that live there. It is the eighth most populous country in the world after all.

Despite all of that I think that Gabon is a beautiful location.
Off to read some more about it...

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-08, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Gabon?"
Hellow TRIBEPHYL and PEPELEPEW and others: I meant to say GABON,but I put a SABON down instead!! I'm sorry !!!!
I failed, but at least... I tried !! GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND BYE, BYE, I LOVE YOU ALL

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Gabon?"
NO worries, UncleRich! You tried and keep at it!

03-11-08, 02:36 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Gabon?"
Hey Rich! No worries... it's just that both Tribe and I took a look at the title and went (!!) at a name that neither of us had ever seen before and there was no link in your post, so we both hopped on our horses and galloped off to find information.

You did good to alert us to this big news, keep it up!

May I offer a few humble suggestions to keep this place humming smoothly and allow you to fit in splendidly? You've offered a few good insights through your 25 or so posts, so we look forward to more.

- Here, using links is like gospel ... spoilers love links. It's like doing a term paper in college or high school as any student would fail if they didn't use references properly, so any time you reference another site, it's good to link there so we can read more about it and certain peeps can get browned off if they're not referenced to.

- Not sure how to link? There's a HTML Reference in the red text that is located just above the box where you type in posts. Alternatively, you could click on "Reply with quote" after any other poster's message where there is a link so you can see how it's done.

The reason why we pretty much insist on links on this site if referencing to what someone said elsewhere is because we've had a history of trolls coming in and screaming out they've found a great new spoiler ... but they had nothing to back it up. Way back in S2 Australia or S3 Africa, we had a few trolls telling us they had hot new info and like lemmings we fell for it. Since then, we've learned to take hearsay with a grain of salt - this is not directed at you, Rich, but just everyone in general so our Spoilers site can continue to hum smoothly.

- And may I offer a very humble suggestion? No need to "SHOUT" in all caps. It's a little disconcerting to some posters. This is a site full of intelligent people who can read between the lines so capitalized words aren't really necessary. May I suggest bolding any key words/sentences instead? It works like this <b>text</b> (except use brackets instead of < and > )

Hope this helps! Again, thank you for alerting us to the confirmation of a new site for S17 in Gabon - DanieuBleau is one of the more reliable posters on that other site so what she says is reliable. Without your post, I might not have heard about what Danieu said for some time yet.

03-11-08, 11:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Gabon?"
No worries. I was just confused by what you had posted and what I had read while investigating. I was just hoping for some clarification and didn't intend to offend you.
Thank you very much for bringing the information to us.
I honestly live for these type of spoilers. I usually never stick my head in spoilers until the chatter regarding the new season starts. So I'm very happy to hear the news about Gabon.

Now, can we do something about that title though? j/k

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-08, 07:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRICA"
If it's like the previous Africa Survivor location, the highlight of the entire season will be a pile of elephant dung in the water supply.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-08, 06:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SURVIVOR 17 LOCATION:SABON,AFRICA"
Thanks UncleRich for bringing this over ...
Guys, could we please have a GABON thread started with the available info and not let a SABON thread become the S17 preseason topic.

I mean, it's an embarrassment to a site like Blows to spoil a non-existent location because a well-meaning person made a typo and subject headers can't be edited.

Let's begin anew, with a link to this thread?

"If I'd meant that, I'd have said it." - Lewis Carroll

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •