The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-05, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I Have A Sinking Feeling..."

I really think they're going to bring back some "ghost tribe" hamsters. Julie keeps hinting at it, and we have the sequestration of the current evictees. Plus, the whole pairs thing is so close to shot-to-hell that the only way to make it viable again is to reinstitute some fallen pair comrades.

I'll just hurl if I have to see Eric again.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... Surveysez 07-29-05 1
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... ginger 07-29-05 2
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... simpsdog 07-29-05 3
       RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... ginger 07-29-05 5
           RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... frisky 07-29-05 6
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... CwazyWabbit 07-29-05 4
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... SpoonStruck 07-29-05 7
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... seahorse 07-30-05 8
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... nailbone 08-02-05 27
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... true 07-30-05 9
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... strid333 07-30-05 10
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... okaychatt 07-30-05 11
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... Estee 07-31-05 12
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... volsfan 07-31-05 13
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... missygirl3 07-31-05 14
       RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... okaychatt 07-31-05 15
           RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... CwazyWabbit 07-31-05 16
               RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... JoshInSGV 08-01-05 17
                   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... megpie 08-01-05 18
 Optimistically.... kingfish 08-01-05 19
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... J Slice 08-01-05 20
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... kingfish 08-01-05 21
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... BriarRosie 08-02-05 22
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... johnnikins 08-02-05 23
       RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... kingfish 08-02-05 24
           RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... frisky 08-02-05 25
           RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... johnnikins 08-02-05 26
               RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... kingfish 08-02-05 28
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... universityofkentuckyrocks 08-03-05 29
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... frisky 08-03-05 30
   RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... ginger 08-03-05 31
 RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling... SpoonStruck 08-04-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-29-05, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Plus, we aren't seeing anything of the sequestering. Remember last year when we couldn't wait to see one of the twins join Will?

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

07-29-05, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Uh, huh.

There's also a lot of "play as if you were going to stay" foreshadowing edits.

If they DON'T bring someone back, then the only pair I could see having even a slim chance of staying intact til final 2 is Howie and Rachel. But if they start bringing folks back, the "pairs" notion becomes more of a motivating factor again.

Yes, I have a sinking feeling.

simpsdog 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-05, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail simpsdog Click to send private message to simpsdog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I'm trying to remember...do they sequester all the house guests or just the ones who make the final jury?

07-29-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I believe it's been just jury.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-05, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Yep, and the only exception is BB3. The circumstances here are very similar to BB3.

The early evictees (Lori, Tonya, Eric, Amy et al)

* were not greeted by family members
* had no post-show interviews outside of the CBS shows
* were not seen on the street/in their hometown post-eviction

I say they are definitely coming back in some form.

The world is my litterbox.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-05, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I was thinking the same thing last night. Julie never told Eric about losing out on a million dollars. I almost see that as foreshadowing that someone is going to be allowed back in the game. If they do it by voting, Eric is a shoe-in, especially after next week's elim. I shudder at the thought !

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-29-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Yep. I'm afraid you're right about the "ghost tribe" hamsters. Eck. ** Who ya gonna call ** ......

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I don't think any DAWs brought back in the house will have a chance, they will looked down upon by the others who were never voted out.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
they will looked down upon by the others who were never voted out.

Except by their partners, and in Eric's case, his "harem". Can you imagine the swoon Idiotvette is gonna have when "her Cappy" comes back?

o-

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I have no doubt that some of the booted hamsters will be back. Julie all but says so when she interviews them. Also, on House Calls, they have been screening questions for the booted guests, something they normally only do for jury members in sequester. They also seem to be extra careful about what they discuss with them.

Loree got me thinking that it could be that when it gets to final 5 (or 4 or whenever they need a ratings boost) they will bring back the partners of hamsters still left in the game. If both partners are booted, they'll be out. The pairs would then play as ONE. They'd compete in challenges as teams, get nominated as a team, booted as team, etc.. This would solve the problem of time, as it wouldn't prolong the boots if they compete in pairs.

I was then thinking, and mentioned on a different thread, that when it gets down to the final 4 (or 2 pairs) there would be one final challenge leaving an intact pair to go up for the final prize. At this point, it seems impossible for a pair to make it to the end, so I can see BB fixing it so that it does happen.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I agree that they'll be bringing back somebody or maybe they are going to have a huge jury that will have everybody on it (like they did in season 3). The evidence that is most strong is how they are screening calls on House Calls. When they had Ashlea, they tried to avoid the subject of having pairs but she said that Julie told her yesterday and they were able to proceed with that part of the conversation.

Three is the perfect number.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

07-30-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-05 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

Agreed, Ginger. Chenbot has been even more awkward in her post eviction interviews than usual. These peeps are coming back.

Summer of Secrets, and all that.

I think there will be some kind of competition to see which lost peep(s) is (are) shepherded back into the fold.

ETF syntax.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I think Michael will be freed from Sequesterville if Kaysar goes this week. They'll reunite a partnership, but I don't think they'll bring an ousted team back into the house. One hamster returned, maybe two if it'll get a couple of teams against each other -- but no fully-eliminated team coming back from the nearly-dead.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
At the very end of the show on Thursday didn't Julie say that the next secret would be revealed on the next live show? It was a very brief statement and seems like no one is mentioning it.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-31-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Hey everyone, I got to thinking about your comments. If they brough back an ousted plates, how would they do it? Do you think it be will be like on BB3 or some other way? It would be pretty cool if us viewers got to vote. Just my thoughts. I would love to see Mike brought back or my beloved Kaysar IF he goes this week.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I'd LVOE to have a Viewer's Choice option on who to bring back.

In future houses, the hamsters would have to keep mass appeal popularity in the back of their minds as part of their overall plans inside the house. That would be an interesting element to the game.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

CwazyWabbit 169 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CwazyWabbit Click to send private message to CwazyWabbit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Especially with this group since some of the idiots actually think they are the popular ones...Boy would they be shocked when America didn't vote Eric back in! Or wait...would America actually vote Eric back in?... I shudder to think about it.

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-01-05, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Hello everyone!
I'm a new poster but I've lurked these boards for quite some time now. If it came down to the viewers choice, I doubt Eric would win a second chance in the house. Most of the people I know who watch this show hate Eric and his sheep. And from what I've seen on these boards, most posters also dislike him. My vote would be to bring back Michael, but if Kaysar is evicted I find that very improbable.

megpie 129 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail megpie Click to send private message to megpie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Hello eveyone! I am a new poster also. But have been keeping up with things or lurking too. I think that maybe BB has a plan to bring back some hamsters. Just think the clues are in the last two safes. But I won't want to see Eric back, but think that Michael needs a chance to redeem hisself. To me he wasn't a bad guy, just trying to hard to be liked. Just my thoughts. I also think that they should get James out of the house, he is a trouble maker big time.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Optimistically...."
Well, who knows what these boneheads (CBS) have in mind, I think it would be difficult to underestimate their creativity (exception - the long lost brother sister twist) so just about any lame, worn out surprise scenario is possible.

But, mining my optimistic streak, I am hoping for a twist that throws a wild card into the eviction ceremony. Such as having an evictee add a vote to this weeks' elimination ceremony after having been isolated from the events of the house and having to guess at the current strategies.

So, the twist I would like to see is a surprise twist to the tie breaker rule which would have the evictees either vote as a group to decide the tie breaker vote, or take part in a contest to see which among the group would cast the tie breaker.

The alliances are tied in voting power right now, assuming that no-one is changing sides, and a tie would normally be broken by the HOH (right?). The veto power is meaningless in regard to the balance of power this week because even if Kaysar’s alliance wins, another from that group would surely be put up.

So it’s possible that a tie breaker will be needed this week. Thus an opportunity for CBS to add another surprise twist into the game. And, as with the Veto power and the Golden Veto power twists, it could be a permanent game rule.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-05, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Add me to the list of people who never, EVER want to see Crappy again.

Yecch.

He almost makes me miss Jase.

Almost.

The world was moving/she was right there with it/ and she was

08-01-05, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Oh. Yeah. Me too. What she said!! Or that guy from a couple of years ago that threatened to knife one of the other simps.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-02-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Gee....ya think? ;)

Chenbot practically hits us over the head with the cat-that-ate-
the-canary smile.

I've yet to be surprised in the "Summer of Secrets".

johnnikins 17 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnnikins Click to send private message to johnnikins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I am new poster, but keeping up on most of the postings since I have become to this form of television crack. Just a comment on the whole twist thing.. anything that CBS does will probably be dictated on how the game progresses. If Maggot gets booted out next week.. the fun twist would be to bring back Eric and Kaysar.. (don't get me wrong.. I can't stand Eric... but both Eric and Kaysar.. in my opinion the two most attention getting players.. would throw the house in a fit).. there is no reason to bring back Mike...

as much as I hate to say it.. if CBS wants sparks to fly.. bring back Kaysar and Eric down the road.. the two "leaders" of opposing sides.. that would screw anyones strategy to that point...

08-02-05, 02:51 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Welcome to the boards, and that would seem to be a reasonable comment.

I don’t have any inside knowledge of BB6 but I do know that generally for an established big money TV Show, the show is laid out well in advance of the first episode. They have to sell ad space and the buyers want to know what they are buying. So program twists have to be are generally if not always part of the preseason planning. As would be the contests. The reasons for the necessity of preplanning may not be evident but this is a big business, big bucks, venture, and the money guys aren't going to appreciate the planners going off ad hoc from week to week. They want a storyboard before the season starts with the show elements (Twists, contests and rewards) discussed, analyzed, and dissected, whatever, to make sure the show will get ratings and give them bang for their ad buck...

Surely, they have some flexibility as the season progresses, and can shuffle some of the events. But if you think over all the sets and associated stuff (food, clothes, thought out and evaluated games, rules) that they have to have ready to set up in a very short time frame, the logistics dictate a close adherence to a tight plan. For all I know they may have a few places when they can branch the story board, but contrary to how it seems sometimes, (esp. IMO the Chen aspect), these are businessmen with the expected tight-assed control.

08-02-05, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I agree with you regarding the necessity of pre-planning. The one time CBS tried to liven things up at half-time was during a lag in action in BB1.

In an attempt to liven things up, they offered up a snarky ho to the hampsters, some chick who promised to be a sh!t disturber and feather-ruffler. It backfired on them. The hampsters voted against bringing her into the house.

johnnikins 17 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail johnnikins Click to send private message to johnnikins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Oh.. I totally agree.. I am just saying that no matter what the months of pre-planning would bring.. they cannnot predict Kaysar doing what he did.. maybe predict Eric due to some sort of screening before the show.. they would know that he would be a prima donna and try to take control of all things.. but you can't plan for Kaysars comments (the best I have ever seen on reality tv) and the effect that those words and actions would have on the household. I agree with most people here in that CBS is prob going to bring back people.. but the decisions as to whome they are, or the manner of which they do it.. may change or have to change based on the mood/actions of the house and what would cause the most chaos and better ratings. This is my second season of watching BB and I am sure that there is much for me to learn as to the workings and strategies..

my sinking feeling is that they bring back people that are anti clamatic.. now the other thing about this is that BB knows that the world is watching... Chenbot did mention that familiar faces were showing up, unless she was referring to that lame segment on current BB5 members. Could it be possible CBS is holding back all these people just confuse the public that looking with a fine tooth comb and before we know it.. WHAM! Marvin, Jase, or Cowboy, etc. shows up. I am sure this has been asked before.. do any of the current HG know or have known previous HG's.. what if an single guests left in the house gets a new partner that happend to be a previous HG? too far fetched huh!

08-02-05, 07:02 PM (EST)
28. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-05 AT 07:05 PM (EST)

None of the DAW choices, comments, actions, etc, are predictable. But the twists, the contests, whether or not they bring anyone back, or the rewards are preplanned. They aren't likely to have the leeway to imtroduce storyboard changes to the major elements aside from shuffling contests to different weeks, IMO. They establish a preplanned structure within which the DAWS react in whatever unpredictable way they will. There is a half mill at stake, and changing the rules to disadvantage any of the rats could be a scandal.

Thus is the beauty of the big brother nth show.

However, I share your revulsion at the whole bring back the dead (well, evicted) idea.

Your last question/ observation does have the ring of a Big Brother possibility. Not too farfetched at all IMO.

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-03-05, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
I think it would really make the house go down in fear if they brought back a contestant but they had to play a competition and the winner gets too be back in the house with hamsters. I would probably say I would like Kaysar (if he gets evicted) or Ashlea back in the house b/c nobody really knows her startegy. I think it would be a shock too their system if Ashlea came back since she was the first one evicted.

UL will always suck in my book!

08-03-05, 01:17 PM (EST)
30. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
DH thinks he's figured all this out.

He thinks the evicted HG's are living in the walls of the house. That's right, in the walls.

08-03-05, 01:43 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
So you married Edgar Allen Poe?

I still say they're moldering in the two unopened safes. But your DH and I clearly share a macabre vein of thought.

Given his theory, I might think twice before making something he doesn't like for supper, BTW.

SpoonStruck 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-04-05, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpoonStruck Click to send private message to SpoonStruck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: I Have A Sinking Feeling..."
Your sinking feeling is officially confirmed. I just hope "America's Choice" votes back whoever is voted off tonight.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •