The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-08, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all the incessant complaining about your not being able to see the episode on this thread until the West Coast verifies that they weren't able to watch it either. Y'see, because I'm inherently selfish and really into self-torture, I've bribed CBS and made sure the only active feed tonight is the one that runs into my TV.

Yes, that's right. I've taken the pain away and there's nothing you can do about it. You won't get to see Jon's ongoing delusion of near-humanity. James grabbing every object in sight, just in case. ('Is this the idol? This? This? This has to be it: it's a shape you'd never find in nature and squealing like a little girl -- oops. Sorry, Jon.') Amanda pretending she's a strategist. Parvati pretending she knows how to spell 'strategy'. Ozzy improving his chances by building the camp underwater. Yau-Man receiving the gift of a sock! Cirie screaming in terror when she sees Jon, who can also be mistaken for a dead leaf! Ami realizing that any all-girls alliance must by definition include Jon! Eliza annoying Palau so much that the island throws an earthquake just to get rid of her! And Jonathan whining for the entire hour because I saved him for last!

None of it will cross your screens, not a single frame of it, not a Favorite to be seen. And the Fans? The carefully-recruited, never-saw-the-show, 'gosh, if we just wait around long enough, someone will make a fire for us' Fans? You won't see them either. Only I get Joel's overdone family storyline, Alexis and her full-body America's Sweetheart tattoo, Natalie's demands for room service, Kathleen's outright begging for makeup, Michael's writing of script proposals in the sand, Tracy spending all her time posing for the cameras because she's decided she's actually on Big Brother and Jeff is her soulmate, Erik's not totally unexpected complete uselessness as he slowly turns into Sanjaya West, Mary's attempt to kill Parvati over the theft of the unspellable strategy, Jason choking on his own hair, and Chet's hysterical fit because I saved him for last!

Will you see any of it? No. And why? In part, it's because I'm incredibly selfish and there's nothing you can do about it. But mostly, it's because of the self-torture thing. Really, when the rest of you are screaming in agony that I'm not personally inflicting, it makes me feel like I'm not having any fun...

And if you make any really sarcastic comments about it, I'm stealing them for the summary. So there.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Scarlett O Hara 02-07-08 1
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... whimsey 02-07-08 2
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Snidget 02-07-08 3
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... whimsey 02-07-08 5
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Snidget 02-07-08 4
 Survivor: Who Named this "Favorite... lynkfri13 02-07-08 6
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 7
 Fairplay found the Idol! vince3 02-07-08 8
   RE: Fairplay found the Idol! nailbone 02-08-08 46
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Estee 02-07-08 9
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... PepeLePew13 02-07-08 19
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Karchita 02-08-08 43
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Snidget 02-07-08 10
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Scarlett O Hara 02-07-08 11
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 12
   RE: Survivor: Kathy meets homosexu... lynkfri13 02-07-08 15
   Behold the power of observation. Estee 02-07-08 22
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 13
   RE: Survivor: OH James, fooled aga... lynkfri13 02-07-08 17
       RE: Survivor: OH James, fooled aga... Bebo 02-07-08 40
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 14
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Karchita 02-08-08 44
 Wait a minute... Estee 02-07-08 16
   RE: Wait a minute... vince3 02-07-08 20
   RE: Wait a minute... vince3 02-07-08 21
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Scarlett O Hara 02-07-08 18
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Loree 02-07-08 25
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... lynkfri13 02-07-08 28
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... PepeLePew13 02-07-08 29
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 23
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Estee 02-07-08 26
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Estee 02-07-08 27
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... vince3 02-07-08 31
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Snidget 02-07-08 32
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Estee 02-07-08 24
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... nailbone 02-08-08 47
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... PepeLePew13 02-07-08 30
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... PepeLePew13 02-07-08 33
       RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Karchita 02-08-08 45
   RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... mysticwolf 02-07-08 34
 Live post-episode discussion -- Estee 02-07-08 35
   RE: Live post-episode discussion -- Snidget 02-07-08 37
 Official count: vince3 02-07-08 36
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Coconut 02-07-08 38
 Next week on ....Survivor: Flowerpower 02-07-08 39
   RE: Next week on ....Survivor: PepeLePew13 02-07-08 41
 RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode... Jims02 02-07-08 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-07-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Scarlett is in the building!!

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-08, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Whimsey's crossing over from the AI forum - haven't watched Survivor since season 2. Lead me, Obi Wan, lead me.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Hands Whimsey a Mai Tai and puts out a plate of tropical fruit and sushi.

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ahhhh - just like home. Thanks Snidget!

02-07-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So Mother Nature is trying to rig the game for Dolphin Ozzy by making the air as water-filled as the sea.

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-07-08, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Survivor: Who Named this "Favorites"?"
oMG Johnny fairplay?? reality TV poster child DAW?

Pavrati ( a complete Wh@re)
Amy (poster woman for negative lesbian stereotypes)
Johnathan (able to alienate 2 camps in one fell swoop)?

Ok, so I do like James, Ozzy, and Yauman.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LOL. The idol is on the front of each boat, but no one's noticing. Whoever gets it can only use it the first time they go to tribal council.

Fairplay tries to get both of them (while evryone else is looking around the shrubbery). Yau Man notices and takes Fairplay out of play. Johnny drops his and Yau Man yells for Kathy to pick it up. Fairplay is pissed. Awwwww.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Fairplay found the Idol!"
of the Fan's boat.........

He realizes his mistake, but by the time he got to his boat Yau-Man checked him into the boat to claim the idol.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Fairplay found the Idol!"
With a hit that would make Todd Bertuzzi proud.

02-07-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Jon gets his head smashed into the side of a boat by Yau's flying tackle within the first twelve minutes of the show. It's already been a good season.

I think Ozzy just became the first male contestant to win his very own torso blur...

First people to the idols have Immunity -- but Jon goes for the wrong one. Nice work. Really. And Kathleen gets one because Yau points to where it's lying in the sand after Jon's less-than-power drop.

Much silliness early.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
27 minutes into the season and it's already shaping up to be a great season. Fairplay getting his head crushed against the canoe by Yau-Man, of all people, Kathy offending every human being on the face of the planet, shag-o-ramas coming up, and all 9 Favourites actually trusting Fairplay with their boot ideas. Brilliant start!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
*giggle*

That pretty much sums it up.

02-07-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So Faiplay says there are depths to which he will not sink.

He's just pissed that everyone sees his head and has an overwhelming need to slam it into the nearest hard surface.

02-07-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Fans show up to rain-soaked beach. Jiffy tells them, "Wanna know who you're playin' against?"

Out walks Cirie, Ozzy and company! Ooooos and ahs all around.

Jiffy tells them to get to the other beach to find their boats and a little something extra ... there is a hidden immunity idol for each tribe to be used at the first TC only.

JFP is the first to find out where the HII is on one of the boats, but grabs the wrong one. Yau tackles him and grabs the right one before JFP can get it.

02-07-08, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I don't want to accidently offend you, so... are you gay? homosexual? OMG, I've never known a homosexual before, can I be your friend? Will you be my first? Can I offend you, and everyone else around me, while working hard to not offend you?

Without the idol, Kathy would be sooooo gone.

02-07-08, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor: Kathy meets homosexual"
This is a level of invasion of personal boundaries, and decency, that has never before been shown on network TV, even with any awkward nosy character in any sitcom.

02-07-08, 08:39 PM (EST)
22. "Behold the power of observation."
Kathleen: 'Chet, are you gay?'
Chet: 'Kathleen, are you high?'

02-07-08, 08:29 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ozzy finds a conch. James finds a crab, and a sex kitten - actually in that order. James likes the sex kitten. Maybe he'll find more crabs after he finishes snuggling with her.

02-07-08, 08:35 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor: OH James, fooled again"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-08 AT 08:36 PM (EST)

Oh James..... I thought you made an awful mistake last season after some good play. But it hasn't taken you even one day to be blindsided by Pavrati. Didn't you say you saw her on the show??
Oh poor James, there is no hope for you, gorgeous or not.

ON the other hand, Ozzy has a solid history of loyalty, and actually so does Amanda. Their alliance isn't as doomed, IMHO>

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Survivor: OH James, fooled again"
James, don't touch that - you know where it's been!

02-07-08, 08:32 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
3+2. Count it out on your fingers. Ooooh! I know! Must be, um, 6?

02-08-08, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ah, yes, Survivor math at its finest.

02-07-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
16. "Wait a minute..."
Purple vs. orange?

*mutter*

Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Wait a minute..."
Haven't you noticed that one of the Fan's is named Alexis?

02-07-08, 08:39 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Wait a minute..."
and Purple gets fire on Day 2!

(via Yau's glasses + a drop of water on the dry husks......)

18. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Night 1 ... Perv and James and snuggle bunnies AND Oz and Amanda are snuggle bunnies ... doesn't take long.

Already, alliances are forming ... Eliza, Ami, Yauman and Jonathan - Alliance 1 ... Oz, Amanda, James, Perv are alliance 2. Both alliances want JFP and think they've got him, except for one small tidbit ... they have forgotten his ability to lie with ease ...

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I kept wondering where Cerie was. She was missing during all the alliance talk.

02-07-08, 08:51 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
>Night 1 ... Perv and James
>and snuggle bunnies

James has an uncanny lack of sense, and misplaced trust. He hasn't learned a thing, even if he's still a hunk.

> Both alliances want JFP

WHY?

someone would actually make an alliance with him?
I don't get it?

(or with Jonathan for that matter?)

02-07-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Why? Cuz Fairplay is the perfect foil to take to the Final 3 and everyone and their grandmothers know it. They know there's no chance he'll win, and he'll do whatever it takes to backstab everyone else out of the game, so why wouldn't you want JFP to go with you to the final vote?

02-07-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Yau Man uses his glasses plus a drop of water to make fire. Guess he meant it when he said he wasn't gonna try to play under the radar this time.

Challenges are reruns. Just like half of the contestants.

02-07-08, 08:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm a little surprised Yau didn't get a flint out of that move -- it was Michelle's reward for getting fire without benefit of Reward item, and Jeff made a big deal of it in the pregame interviews at the time.

02-07-08, 08:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
And the Fans win through knowing exactly what to do!

Of course, unlike the Favs, the Fans have actually watched the show.

02-07-08, 09:03 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I guess the plan all along was to give flint to both tribes by the end of the first cycle.

Winners get theirs after the IC, losers get theirs after TC.

32. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
They get flint at tribal council so the get fire on your own get a flint rule seems to still be in play

02-07-08, 08:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
And Erik picks up major points with that sand-tossing move.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-08, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Agreed. That was hilarious!

02-07-08, 09:02 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Was I the only one who totally expected JFP to jump on Jiffy and dry-hump him during that hug after the torch was extinguished?

33. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
And right now, Shane is probably screaming at the TV, saying "I should have been the designated crazy one for the Favourites!"

Too bad. I'd have liked to see JFP and Shane butt heads on the show, and it's also too bad that JFP is out first - half of the entertainment value of this season just left.

02-08-08, 00:55 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Never fear. We still have Krazy Kathy to entertain us.

02-07-08, 09:04 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Nope. I was actually looking forward to Jeff tossing him on the fire. Oh well.

02-07-08, 09:07 PM (EST)
35. "Live post-episode discussion --"
-- in the Live Chat area (left sidebar, Other Fun, Live Chat, enable Java before entering and use AyaK's Bar&Grill). See y'all in about an hour: I have the other half of my MB doubleheader to suffer through.

(And if someone could start the season's Bar thread over on OT, I might restore power to your home.)

02-07-08, 09:11 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Live post-episode discussion --"
Thread started.

02-07-08, 09:08 PM (EST)
36. "Official count:"
JFP: 9 votes

Ozzy: 1 vote from Fairplay. "I *heart* Ozzy"

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-08 AT 09:16 PM (EST)

Why the hell am I the only one in chat? This is wrong, people, wrong.

Coconut: Taking the grammer police to a whole new level.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Next week on ....Survivor:"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-08 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Camp Fans deteriorates, Kathleen has one of many breakdowns to come, EXILE Island rears it's island head, and OZZY and AMANDA get it on!!!! BRING IT!!!

Now please, please tell me that Perverti did NOT have the million dollar quote!!!

02-07-08, 10:04 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Next week on ....Survivor:"
Huh... what did Perv-at-it say?

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Survivor: Half-A.S.Sed Episode #1 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Fun episode so far. It was nice to see the Favorites fall on their faces.

I'm kinda surprised that, of all the favorites, I'm rooting for Eliza. I forgot how perky and amusing she was from Vanuatu. It's the post-merge underdog Eliza, not the pre-merge annoying one. I'm going spoiler free again this season, so I have no idea how she did, but I hope she sticks around for awhile.

And is anyone else not surprised that she aligned with Jonathan? Maybe she'll screw him over like Candice did.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •