The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SOTS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-08 AT 04:06 PM (EST)

WELCOME BACK SURVIVOR BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I present the first SOTS of the S16: Micronesia, Fans vs. Favorites....

***Please be advised...it's a LONG one!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorit... Flowerpower 02-05-08 1
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Scarlett O Hara 02-05-08 2
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... whoami 02-05-08 3
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Wallflower66 02-05-08 4
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... dabo 02-06-08 6
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... dreamerbeliever 02-06-08 7
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... CattyChat 02-06-08 8
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... CTgirl 02-06-08 9
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Max Headroom 02-06-08 10
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... kircon 02-06-08 12
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Brownroach 02-06-08 13
       RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Flowerpower 02-06-08 14
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... RudyRules 02-06-08 16
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Outfrontgirl 02-07-08 17
   RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Fav... Georgianna 02-07-08 18
   Eric on local radio HobbsofMI 02-07-08 19
 RE: SOTS redbeard103152 02-05-08 5
 RE: SOTS SatHizFakShon 02-06-08 11
 Thank you! Karchita 02-06-08 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

02-05-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
LAST EDITED ON 02-07-08 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

Welcome to the SOTS, State of the Spoiling, where we try and one up EPMB and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs...sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! Please check out our Community Guidelines that are located here. They keep Blows running smoothly and remind us that it is nice to be civil!

With that said, let me WELCOME you all back to what is setting up to be a most SPECTACULAR season! This season EPMB is bringing back 10 of our favorites and setting them against 10 superfans. As Jiffy points out, the favorites will need to amend their game play if they don’t want to be early outs, and the superfans will really have to step it up big time in what will be a most physically difficult season….we say, “Bring it ON!”.
First off….

…Let’s meet the CAST!

MALAKAL

Aka purple tribe, Favorites tribe - Click on the pic to see the bio...

Amanda Kimmel

Ami Cusack

Cirie Fields

Eliza Orlins

James Clement

Jonathan Penner

Jonny Fairplay

Ozzy Lusth

Parvati Shallow

Yau-man Chan

AIRAI

aka FANS tribe, orange tribe...

Alexis Jones

Chet Welch

Erik Reichenbach

Jason Siska

Joel Anderson

Kathleen Sleckman

Mary Sartain

Mikey Bortone

Natalie Bolton

Tracy Hughes-Wolf

SURVIVOR 16: MICRONESIA, FANS VS FAVS

SPOILERS...

While there have been many spoilers circulating the boards coming from many different sources, I am going to site 2 sites where they are collectively listed. First and foremost, Survivor Fever has taken the lead this season and compiled a long list located at her site, here. She spoils the buff/tribe colors and the merge color. Giving credit to Wezzie and Dan Bollinger Survivor Fever also spoils the Tribal Council set...

...as well as the Hidden Idol Rules...

...and the first clue given...

Survivor Fever was also the first one to spoil that there will indeed be two "showmances" this year. Later confirmed by Jeff in a pre-season interview..." We have love affairs this season. Plural. They play from episode two, they start. We have some of the most intimate footage we've ever had of a love affair developing and consummating in a Survivor way. We have the most intimate footage of Survivors being intimate that we've ever had. It was brilliant how we got it. How we captured it because it's hard to do because they try to hide. We out-thought them. It plays a big part in this season all the way to the end."

So there you have it, there will indeed be not one, but TWO "showmances". They will involve:

Don't worry though, we can still try to spoil which couple will consumate in a 'survivor'type of way!

Survivor Fever also confirms what Jeff spoke about in this article. Namely that the biggest blunder to have ever occured involving the immunity idol will occur in this Season, letting James off the hook! Then we have a note from CobySucks at Survivor Sucks Spoilers that notes, Someone this season does get it "jamie style". (Burned by a fake hidden immunity idol?)

We have also learned from Jeff Probst himself that this season will be a very, very physical season of challenges. He calls to mind a challenge in episode 2: We have some physical challenges in the 2nd episode, one of our most physical ever. It's basically a game of tackle the dummy. You have Joel. He made a comment about, "Well up until this season James had been the biggest and most physical Survivor ever. I can't wait to go after him." It is speculated that 3 people will leave the game, 2 being medivaced and 1 "vote me out". We also know that it will be a very very poor weather season as well. Seems like they are all in for a brutal time of it. Jeff also tells us that the favorites this go round were not entitled and were a great bunch to work with as compared to the cast of the last all-stars.

The last spoiler of note is that there will be a record number of blindsides this season. Jeff notes, We have a record number of blindsides this season. It is amazing how many blindsides happen in a row. You would think after this many seasons that pulling off a blindside would be tough. But it just showed me, you really have to have your wit about you in this game.

For a collection of all spoilers posted to date see this chart over at Survivor Sucks Spoilers, compiled by Antithesis.

Episode 1, You Guys are Dumber than you Look

The episode title, "You guys are dumber than you look", was brought to us by Michel, here. This is either something Jiffy says perhaps to the newbies, doubtful, or something Jonny Fairplay could say to his new tribemates, perhaps. At any rate, in the pregame press Jeff tells us that the FAV's are positioned behind the brush, while the Fans tribe is delivered via Natives and war canoes.

The Fans come out first and assume the position on their respective mat, and Jiffy says something like, now, let's meet your opposing tribe, and one by one the Fav's are announced to all kinds of cheers and awestruck young fans.

As soon as the introductions are made, they are set out on their first challenge... Go to the next island over there and find an II, there is one for the first member of each team to find it, which makes you have immunity up until the first TC that your tribe attends, when you must play it....On Jiffy's go, they are off...

...we see Erik, the runner, and Ozzy, dolphin boy take the lead across the inlet...

So, who will find the idols that affords immunity up until their first visit to TC?

Volcanic Glass over at Survivor Phoenix answers that question for us...

She not only found the missing Jonathan in that picture, but one of the II's as well, and look who has it! Our man, Yau-man! Unfortunately we are not able to see who has it on the other tribe, but chances are that it's not MARY!

Once the Daws get back to their respective canoes, they paddle off to find their campsites, here are Ozzy/James getting a first look at the Malakal site...

In this thread by whoami we have many vidcaps regarding the new cast and the promos. We can see that once they return from the first introduction and challenge that they get right down to business building their campsites...

...and here is evidence of fire at the Favs tribe:

...and here is Jason with a fire bow, trying to make fire at the fans tribe...

and finally, the finished Favs camp, camp Malakal:

Originally I had speculated that perhaps the exilee would be decided after the first challenge, from challenge beach where they race to retrieve the II's. But, with everyone accounted for from the fav's tribe, I have discounted this idea. From the TVGuide Channel Preview we know that 2 people will be exiled each week, one from each tribe. I suspect that the winners may get to choose the exilee from the loser tribe, and that perhaps the winners may also get to choose the exilee from their own tribe. Either that or they each get to pick the exilee from their opposing tribe after the IC.

Regardless, I think the exilees will be chosen after the first IC.

Immunity Challenge

We have been given quite a few pics of the first IC which traditionally is a very physical challenge that involves fire at the end. Typically the winner is not only spared from their first TC, but will also receive flint for fire.

Here are the daws as they meet at the challenge site, on their respective mats:

We know from the TV Guide Preview and some of the promos that the challenge will involve the assembly of a cart. There are puzzle pieces for wheels that must go onto the cart. Here we see the puzzle pieces in piles with their corresponding carts…

Once assembled they must have 2 from their tribe get in the cart, and all but one push/pull the cart through a course through the jungle…here we see that the FANS, Airai tribe is off to a much faster start…

*Note the FAVs, Malakal tribe still trying to assemble their cart as the FAN’s take off.

Here are the FANs/Airai Tribe as they meet their first obstacle along the course on their way to the end point…

Now here is the same challenge being run by the Dreamteam vs. the Press...note the first obstacle along the course...

...now, note the dissassembly of the cart to complete the final part of the challenge...

Down another obstacle...

...and the final part of the challenge where they must align the fire with the rope, and then watch it catch and ignite a larger cauldron of fire...

So, who wins this challenge. Well, T4K, the 4 Kingdoms over at Survivor Sucks Spoilers notes that the target for the bootee is Parvati. So with that said...

First Challenge(?RC to retrieve the two II's]: Malakal: Yau-man, Airai: ???

First Immunity Challenge Winner: Airai

First 2 Exilees: ???? and ????

First Bootee S16 Fans Vs. Favs:

Jonny Fairplay is the first blindsider of the game, blindsiding Jiffy and the Daws by QUITTING!

*While it is spoiled that he quits right after the first IC, I tend to think that they will go to TC, where Yau-man will indeed have to play his first II, and then JFP announces that he quits...

Volcanic Glass started a thread at Survivor Sucks Spoilers, titled Challenge Board S16, Survivor Micronesia Edition, located here. The challenge director Kirhoffer notes this regarding the challenges: We have a lot of new kickass challenges and then we have some of your favorite challenges. Each of the favorites will have a significant twist so the All-Stars or favorites won’t have a distinct advantage. If there is a puzzle it will be a completely different puzzle. So anything that would give them an advantage we have changed up or tweaked a little bit.

We know that one of the "favorite challenges" we will see this season is this one:

The challenge where they race around a course in the water carrying heavy sand bags, first tribe to catch the other wins...

*Please go and see Veruca Salt and friends here, at The Players, the game, the editing, Survivor16 Fans vs. Favorites. Veruca has some excellent pregame assessments! This is a MUST READ!

*Please go and see Dabo over in the voting thread.

*Please go and visit Scarlett O'Hara in the SOTS sign-up Thread. We need volunteers to help write our weekly SOTS, this helps us all immensely and is a great asset to our site! We need you!

*Go and see michel's thread on Episode 2, The Sounds of Jungle Love...according to Jiffy, the love affairs will be off and running...among other things. Let's just say my money is on Perverti and James!

*Special thanks to Scarlett for helping me with the photochops and to Tribephyl for the most excellent Survivor Blows SOTS Icon at the top of the page, it's beautiful!

*Krautboy....if you are out there, come back!!!! Where you belong!

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-05-08, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Well done, my dear! Once again, we can leave it up to Flowerpower to pull through with an A$$tounding S.O.T.S., the FIRST, no less!

Thank you, Sugar! It is perfect-o!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-05-08, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Great SOTS Flowerpower.
You always do a great job.

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-05-08, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
It doesn't get any better than that. Bravo, girlfriend!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Whew! Don't know how you manage to put it all together so well but thank you for a most excellent SOTS!

Krautboy Come Home!

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Fantastic SOTS Flower! Truly wonderful and a fantastic read. Been awhile since I've been this pumped for a new season and you have added to my pumpedness! Not sure that is even a word, but you get the drift

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Fantastic job, FloPo, as usual. I'm glad this is one of the first places I came to get my spoils, as you seem to have all I need to be ready for tomorrow night.

Now, I must start visiting each of the links you posted, starting with the SOTS sign up . . .

CONGRATULATIONS TODD!! Time to make a new siggie for S16.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
First off, I like the way your eye is drawn to Ozzy's photo in your initial post!

Awesome, awesome job, Flopo! Can't wait for tomorrow night!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Excellent work, FloPo.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Wow oh Wow! You have outdone yourself and set a very high bar to follow Flowerpower. I'm starting on my SOTS now.

I too, remember Krautboy. He was one of the reasons I kept coming back. Krautboy, come home.

PTTE is ready for you!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Thank you for a smackatabulous first SOTS, FP.

I am going to try to remain interested in this season and maybe even assist with the spoilage a little, if I can.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

02-06-08, 05:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
So so happy to hear that, BR. Your words carry alot of weight around here and you are missed dearly when you are away!! This should be a great season, and so much to figure out! BTW, who are you rooting for?

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Woo Hoo!

Great SOTS FP! What a way to start a new season!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
Wow, FlowerPower,
this is the FIRST spoiler thread I read and what a guide!
I know you did this at short notice, and you amaze, as always.

I miss Krautboy too.
All the more so in that I've had the please of meeting him and his family in person!

Brownroach, good to see you!
I guess I wasn't around much last season, hope to be more so this time.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-07-08, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SOTS: Survivor 16, Fans Vs. Favorites, Episode 1"
What a wonderful introduction to what promises to be a truly unique season of Survivor. Thank you!

Regardless, I think the exilees will be chosen after the first IC.

But I do still think that the first Exiles will be determined before the two tribes leave Exile Island (the site of the II Challenge). It is just too dramatic a turn of events to be missed. And to wait until the IC would mean that at least one of the two would be absent from the first Tribal Council.

In fact, I wonder if the two II winners might not also be the first two Exiles. A sort of double-edged Reward. However, I will admit that I can't reconcile that bit of fancy with the vidcaps ...

G

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

02-07-08, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Eric on local radio"
Eric from Airai was interviewed and most of it was junk but he did confirm that the romance in Airai was Mary and someone and the person that pissed him off the most was Kathleen even though she is very quite at the start.

Save Peter and Hiro, Save Heroes
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-05-08, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SOTS"
The Flower with the Power comes through in a big way again. Thanks for all your hard work and for a great SOTS.

SatHizFakShon 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-06-08, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SatHizFakShon Click to send private message to SatHizFakShon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SOTS"
Very nice SOTS! Thank you.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-06-08, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Thank you!"
Excellent work!

And wouldn't it be wonderful if Krautboy came back.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •