The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale: SOTS, S15"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale: SOTS, S15"

Welcome to the SOTS, State of the Spoiling, where we try and one up EPMB and accurately predict the results of his show before it airs...sometimes we are right, and sometimes we are not. But, we will eternally try! Please check out our Community Guidelines that are located here. They keep Blows running smoothly and remind us that it is nice to be civil!

For a running commentary of the last episode, 12, check out Estee's East Coast Update Thread. Last week Amanda and PG bonded as the others went off to the Great Wall of China. Amanda won the IC and teased PG with ideas of taking out Todd, but alas, it did not come to fruition, and PG was sent packing, the last of the Zhan Hu...Now onto the show...3 Tribal Councils,2 Full Hours, and 1 Ultimate Survivor!!

But, first off we would all like to congratulate and commend our final four. They have indeed earned the right to CELEBRATE!!!

EPISODE 13, A SLIPPERY LITTLE SUCKER

Our title for the show is brought to us by michel. The title could be in reference to one of the daws left, perhaps Todd??? Said by some of the others left standing...? Who knows, and at this point, Who Cares?

CBS Misdirection Clues

Our CBS Misdirection Clues were brought to us by Smokedog and are found here. A big question is answered by our own SurvivorBlows when he answers the mystery of 3 Tribal Councils. Evidently CBS is awarding one of the DAWS with a check for $100,000 based on a popularity vote by Joe Q. Public. Note the explanation here.

1.One castaway is surprised by the revelation of another prompting paranoia to hit an all time high. Most likely this could be Todd finding out from Denise that Amanda has been heard around camp suggesting taking out Todd....Clearly Todd seems the paranoid one!

2.During IC one castaway feels vulnerable and tries to swing a deal to get to final 3, will the competitor bite? Most folks around the boards think this could refer to our resident lunch lady, Denise during an endurance final IC...chances are her deal will be a no go...

3.One castaway grows upset when someone considered a close friend makes that castaway look bad in front of the jury.
Most folks suspect that this could refer to our prospective F3 goat, Courtney. Courtney(confessional): I've always sort of slipped through the cracks to get to the top, so hopefully I can continue to sort of slip thru... Courtney is blindsided herself perhaps at TC when Amanda and Todd credit themselves to bring the least deserving of all to the F3...snicker!

4.In the end the final three are held accountable for their actions as the jury decides who will win a million dollars and title of Sole Survivor...who will be the ULTIMATE SURVIVOR???

THE CHALLENGES

Reward Challenge:

As per TDT: This week's reward challenge is listed as "The Great Wall of Zhelin," previewed in this YouTube video, and the winner gets an "advantage", presumably in the IC, as noted on the challenge board that we had shots of very early in the season...

Over at SurvivorSucks Mess Hall, akaIves notes that this challenge will involve soma cubes...The problem with a Soma Cube is that you can think you're almost done, then find out you're not close. The one she's not touching is not a good one to have out at this point. Here are the pieces (my strategy is to try to place the last three in first so that you only have to work in two dimensions):

anywho from Mess Hall notes, From CBS, the reward winner gets a reward of Pizza, Beer, Cola, & Brownies.

So, who wins? Well here is a pic at the end of the challenge...thanks Survivor Phoenix...

Clearly, this challenge is too close to call. It looks at this point that anyone of the F4 could win it...

THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Once again, thanks to the Challenge Board we know that the name of the Final IC is "Offer it Up".

Clearly the challenge takes place at the site of a very large Budda idol as seen here...

Here is a shot of Denise at the challenge...

Most folks are speculating that there will be balancing with china plates involved and that they must climb the stairs perhaps? We can also speculate that this challenge will require endurance as well...

So, who wins? Once again, most folks around the boards are speculating that it could be anyone except Denise. In fact, many folks are speculating that Courtney wins, afterall, she did show exceptional balance in the endurace challenge that she won for immunity with the rolling barrels. Perhaps that shot of Denise above is at the end of the challenge as she indeed looks defeated?

TC #1, BOOT:

The lunchlady, Denise

Our Final 3:

Todd, Amanda, and Courtney

TC #2 This is where the winner will emerge. Where the F3 meet the jury. They'll explain themselves, their strategy, and their gameplay, as well as emphasize their strengths while noting their competitors weaknesses.

Now, who thinks who will be our winner? Well, DanieuBleau over at SurvivorSkills thinks this contestant will win.

TDT is predicting this person to win.

This is where I like to point to our resident experts, Veruca Salt and friends over in our editing thread.

Historically, I have been known to be an emotional observer...I often fall for the tricks of the EPMB editing crew. I definately like the contestant to earn the win in my opinion...I recall how I fell for Ozzy hook, line and sinker, as did many of our well respected comrades on the boards.

This year, I am trying to take a step back and look at the facts rationally as well as the theme, the Art of War.. Clearly, Todd came out of the blocks embracing the Art of War. He schemed, and plotted, he deferred leadership, yet drove the direction of the game. It was Todd that first planted the seed to take/slay Goliath aka James by blindsiding him. He emerged as a serious player, while Amanda appeared to do nothing more than note her fan status of the show, and got in cahoots with Todd. Amanda remained under the radar until the James boot episode, where she appeared to set the plot in motion. Now, every week we see her falling all over the prospective bootees, brownnosing her way into their hearts. Clearly, she has paid attention in Survivor 101.

BUT, is this the ole art of editing once again? We see little of Todd's interactions with the prospective bootie's in the latter game. Why not? Could this be MISDIRECTION at its finest? This season I am going out on a limb and predicting my choice for winner...

Regardless, I want to say that I think both Todd and Amanda are indeed worthy winners. It was a great season! Have a wonderful holiday season and sit tight as S16 promises to be a very exciting season indeed...

Thanks to Scarlett O'Hara for always helping out with my photoshopped pics and for elfing the Daws!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, my FRIENDS!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 smokedog 12-15-07 1
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Scarlett O Hara 12-15-07 2
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 whoami 12-15-07 3
   RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Flowerpower 12-15-07 5
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 CattyChat 12-15-07 4
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Outfrontgirl 12-15-07 6
   RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 PepeLePew13 12-16-07 8
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 CTgirl 12-16-07 7
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Max Headroom 12-16-07 9
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 redbeard103152 12-17-07 10
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 PepeLePew13 12-17-07 11
 RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Georgianna 12-18-07 12
   RE: Finale: SOTS, S15 Flowerpower 12-21-07 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-15-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Very nice SOTS. This was a good season and a win by either member of T&A would be fine with me.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-07, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
You are absolutely right FP! Todd was the better game player and I'm hoping for an editing set up for misdirection! I want to see Todd win too!

Great job and thank you!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-15-07, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-07 AT 04:21 PM (EST)

Thanks Flowerpower for the final SOTS. I picked Todd at the start of the season, and in my PTTE, but I think Amanda may win this one because of the way Todd has been edited.

Just thought I would add this.

12-15-07, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
You raise an interesting point here, whoami! When I first saw these pics, I got the impression that that's when they were first arriving to the challenge, and Amanda would have the IN from ep 12 IC....but, you could be right, this could be at the end I suppose?

I think it's plausible...

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-07, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
I just love the way you think, FP. I've been for Todd since the start, though Amanda was my very close 2nd, since she is from the same town I lived in for 12 years, Kalispell, MT (gotta support Montana girls).

Amanda is great, but Todd deserves the win for all his strategizing. Todd thoroughly enjoyed and lived for his Survivor experience and played hard within the spirit of the game. I sure hope he's rewarded in the end.

Again, FLoPo, thanks for all your hard work this season and all the wonderful SOTS you took the time to put together for us.

The winner and sole survivor of Survivor China is ............TODD!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-07, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-07 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Flowerpower,
a lovely way to tie the bow on this season!

Your graphics, your clarity, wonderful! (Thank you to SurvivorPhoenix for all your work!)

I don't know who deserves to win.

Todd should be commended for cementing Denise and Courtney to him such that Amanda couldn't pull off her move (assuming she tried in good faith).
But Todd shouldn't make such faces at TC.

OTOH, I don't think anyone ever wrote Amanda's name down (I could be wrong, but for sure she was never targeted), and that's an accomplishment that does Tina proud.

She is getting the Amber edit, and Amber won.

If I'm allowed to self promote in the SOTS, I just posted the Ep 12 summary in which I do my best to examine their game play leading into the Finale in the most unfavorable light. None of them are worthy! But it was harder to rip on Amanda.

Think About Something Else and Shove it Down (blame Probst for the title quote)

ed to thank Pepe for fixing the link...

"If I'd meant that, I'd have said it." - Lewis Carroll

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Just adding that the link is broken, it's missing a few letters at the end... here's the link to OFG's Ep 12 summary

Excellent summary as usual, OFG! Nice use of the delusion meter, although I think you seriously underscored some of them on that meter, in particular Peih-Gee.

And? Great SOTS, FloPo! I'd be satisfied with either a Todd or Amanda win, but I think Amanda has done more to deserve the win and I think she's been edited more favourably than Todd.

Don't forget that Amanda is going off to All-Stars, so I think they would want to keep a positive edit on Amanda to carry over into the next show.

Merci, Tribe! A stocking stuffer from Agman!
It will be a great day when every one of our schools get all the money they need while
the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to raise enough funds to buy a bomber.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Once again, another great SOTS Flopo! Thanks for doing another one, especially at this busy time of year and with little time between shows. We all appreciate it!!

Todd and Amanda both deserve to win, but I am leaning towards Amanda. I liked Todd in the beginning of the season but for the past month he has annoyed me. Winners usually have a down swing in their edit, but IMO Todd's has lasted too long. That we've seen so much of his gloating at many tribal councils is the icing on the cake that he won't win. Amanda has held her cards closer to her vest, and has played the social game better. Either way though, I'd be happy with the winner.

Christmas cookies with Sharnina

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-07, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Nicely done, FloPo. I've been gone for a few days and this SOTS completely caught me up.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-17-07, 06:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
This will teach me to go with the flow. Why oh why did I ever doubt FlowerPower? Excellent SOTS and let me be the first to congratulate my fellow ASSkicker FlowerPower upon winning the Spoiling Island game here at Blows for Season 15. wtg FloPO

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-07 AT 07:01 AM (EST)

A real astute call there, FloPo... you nailed it!

>Could this be MISDIRECTION at its finest?
>This season I am going out on a limb and
>predicting my choice for winner...

A stocking stuffer from Agman!
It will be a great day when every one of our schools get all the money they need while
the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to raise enough funds to buy a bomber.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-18-07, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Congratulations!

Your SOTS was predictably ... terrific.

And your prediction of Todd's win - when so many of the broader community's experts were convinced that "Amanda Won!" - was remarkable. And gutsy.

I was so proud of Blows! You got it right. In the Vote thread, eight of our members correctly predicted the winner. In the Editing thread, so did Michel.

And, before the Season began, KO told us that, if Todd was indeed the young man that she had met, he might well win the Game.

All of which - and the (as always) well-informed opinions and conclusions of so many other of the Board's regular contributors throughout the Season - have been vivid reminders of what I already knew.

So, having gotten a whole two of the seven China jury votes right in a misbegotten attempt to fit round personalities into the square holes of a spurious spoiler, I intend to stay much closer to home for S16.

The window with the very best view of Survivor is right here.

The Merriest of Holidays, Everyone!

12-21-07, 08:19 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Finale: SOTS, S15"
Georgiana: We certainly count you as one of our finest contributors at Blows. Thanks for all you do and for your appreciation. You know it's returned right back to you! Happy Holidays!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •