The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SO "Power Players""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

justashell 146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-10-05, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justashell Click to send private message to justashell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SO "Power Players""

On Survivor, one of the last "castoffs" said that there was one person "in charge", while there was one person who thought they were in charge.

Who do you think has the most "power" amongst the "inmates", uh, I mean the HGs.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SO "Power Players" sowhat 12-10-05 1
   RE: SO "Power Players" justashell 12-10-05 2
       RE: SO "Power Players" sowhat 12-10-05 3
           RE: SO "Power Players" mhb0125 12-11-05 4
               RE: SO "Power Players" AshLanie 12-11-05 5
                   RE: SO "Power Players" sowhat 12-11-05 6
               RE: SO "Power Players" shawnar 12-12-05 10
                   RE: SO "Power Players" mhb0125 12-14-05 13
                       RE: SO "Power Players" shawnar 12-14-05 14
   RE: SO "Power Players" celisabeth 12-11-05 7
 RE: SO "Power Players" cindy12 12-12-05 8
   RE: SO "Power Players" mhb0125 12-12-05 9
 RE: SO "Power Players" Labyrinth 12-12-05 11
 RE: SO "Power Players" Stormy Sky 12-14-05 12
 RE: SO "Power Players" Barbied0ll 12-14-05 15
 RE: SO "Power Players" TeacupMom 02-12-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sowhat 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-10-05, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowhat Click to send private message to sowhat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SO "Power Players""
Umm, I would say Jill..and TJ is the one who "thinks" she's in charge.

justashell 146 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justashell Click to send private message to justashell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SO "Power Players""

......hmmmmmm...that's interesting. What do you think they want?

12-10-05, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sowhat Click to send private message to sowhat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SO "Power Players""
heck I don't know! LoL..I would find Jill more powerful because she has the most common sense.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-11-05, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SO "Power Players""
I totally see Allison in charge. She has been in the SOH before just like Steph on Survivor so they think they know more. The similarities are great. Everyone walks on eggshells around them. No one wants to upset them. Everyone wants to be their friend. No one wants to see them to go. They are each praised for doing absolutely nothing. They are both camera hogs. They use their emotions to get what they want.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-05, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SO "Power Players""
>I totally see Allison in charge.
> She has been in
>the SOH before just like
>Steph on Survivor so they
>think they know more.
>The similarities are great.
>Everyone walks on eggshells around
>them. No one wants
>to upset them. Everyone
>wants to be their friend.
> No one wants to
>see them to go.
>They are each praised for
>doing absolutely nothing. They are
>both camera hogs. They
>use their emotions to get
>what they want.

Wow, you hit the bull eyes in your statement!

Oh, and I agree totally..

Am watching survivor for the first time this season and agree about the similarities.

12-11-05, 09:58 AM (EST)
6. "RE: SO "Power Players""
I don't watch Survivor..can you tell??LOL I see enough of the power-playing games at work..it's the last thing I want to watch it when I get home.

***Merry Christmas***

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-12-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SO "Power Players""
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-05 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

mhb0125, God you are so right!!!!!!!!! You and I must think the same I don't think I've read a post of yours I didn't agree with ! I think out in the real world you and I could be good friends!!

12-14-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SO "Power Players""
I agree, too!!! A good friend would be good, I moved to Tennessee four years and have YET to really find someone I connect with. Sad, isn't it?!

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-14-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SO "Power Players""
I guess I must be sad too then!!! I've been going throu the same thing for the last few years All my closet friends got married and moved away. We're still in contact but its not the same. I got married and stayed here (Alaska). I haven't truley connected anyone yet. Ya know you have the people that come over for dinner with the whole family or gets the kids together to play. But I don't have someone for just me to b*tch to when I'm having a bad day or complain when my husband said something jerky or just to have coffee or shopping! I miss that. I am addicted to this show, sometimes I don't know why. But its nice to come here and have people to talk with about the show. Anyways Have A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Shawna

celisabeth 245 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail celisabeth Click to send private message to celisabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SO "Power Players""
I think that generally speaking, Jill is the housemate who's earned her housemates' respect. She's goofed up a couple of times, but she seems to own up to her mistakes. She acknowledges her housemates feelings without feeding into their neediness or enabling them, and she's truthful without being confrontational, bee-yotchy, manipulative or deliberately hurtful.

I think that all of this gives her a certain amount of power.

I think TJ is also very powerful, but that her power comes from a very different place. I think there's a hesitation on the part of several of the housemates to engage TJ in any discussion because past experience has shown that TJ can and will take control of the discussion. This has led to a situation where the housemates are much more likely to feel that they "have to pick their battles with TJ," and therefore she gets away with a lot more than the rest of 'em seem to.

cindy12 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-05, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cindy12 Click to send private message to cindy12 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SO "Power Players""
It depends on what they are doing, For trying to learn, grow and make new starts in there lives, the only House Guest that seems to get it, and is going in the right direction is Jill.

12-12-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: SO "Power Players""
Personally, I don't see where TJ gets away with the most stuff. She is constantly reamed for doing this or doing that. Like in BOR, Lisa was supposed to give TJ positive feedback but instead told on her.

When Allison leaves I think Lisa will hold the most power. She, in my opinion, gets away with murder. She can threaten to slap people, call them names, and use the f word at everyone and nothing is ever said. She had to sleep in the guest house for two or three nights but it wasn't punishment. She was up before everyone answering the phone and the door. She isn't helping any of her fellow housemates either. She, more or less, in my opinion, was trying to make Allison feel bad for going to Houston because Allison wasn't there to make her bed or keep resetting her alarm clock. If that isn't power I don't know what is!!

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-12-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SO "Power Players""
Allison has the most power. She can do no wrong in the eyes of the LC's - she can change people's assignments (making food for Lisa etc...) and no punishment is given.

It was Allison that got to go be IV's friends for a go-away trip. It is Allison who can have an obvious problem - alcoholism - but everyone (except TJ) is afraid to call her on it. No one has told the LC's or Dr. Stan.

Clearly through guilt and manipulation Allison gets the most from the others in terms of fawning, obedience and stroking her poor sick co-dependent ways.

Shadow powers ---

Jill - because she doesn't call it out very often. People who hold their power are listened to and respected when they do voice it or get in the game. She is not fully committed though in taking Allison on head-to-head. Once Allisham leaves you'll see Jill start to take the lead.

TJ - has emotional connections even with people who don't like her! Even Christina went and talked to her about possibly being pregnant. Jill and Jessica have both gone to TJ for emotional support they couldn't get elsewhere. TJ is the "mom" you get along with more as a friend then an authority figure.

Christina - no power

Lisa - no power. No one respects her. Only Allisham has helped her (bead project, sandwich making etc...) and that was because Allisham needed something back from Lisa - once Allisham leaves, Lisa is on her friggin' own.

Jessica - she doesn't seek power.

Stormy Sky 129 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Stormy%20Sky Click to send private message to Stormy%20Sky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SO "Power Players""
Jill acts like the one in charge, but I think Allison is. She is like the "Mother" of the group, she is the one the rest usually look to for advice, etc. I think people are drawn to Allison because she doesn't "blow up" or cut people off when they come to her with problems, or wanting to "vent".

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-14-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SO "Power Players""
Actually gang, doesn't it seem like the person in charge is the one who gets the most "Charge" out of the house? With that being said, I would have to say Lisa. She causes the most conflict, stress, gossip, and issues in the house.

TeacupMom 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-12-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeacupMom Click to send private message to TeacupMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SO "Power Players""

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •