The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speculation: post incident"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Lost Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-11-10, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Differences between the flights..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-11-10 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

Am watching it again ...
hah, I knew it was weird that Sawyer didn't use any nicknames, but I just realized that Hurley called SAWYER a nickname. He called him "Levis dude" - so they have a role reversal as Jack and Rose did over the turbulence. Also, Sawyer bumps into Kate in the elevator and says I was on your flight but doesn't call her Freckles. He doesn't push the envelope with any personal exchange.

Forgot to note that Hugo is famous now. He does commercials for his chicken chain that make him easily recognizable, even an Australian version. He was anonymous before. He talks business -- something about the Outback name -- while on the phone when Kate is at the curb going for the taxi. Not like Hurley.

Rose and Bernard are all lovey-dovey. They always loved each other, but their mode of relating was habitual bickering -- like an old married couple. Now they don't bicker or sigh at each other's ways, not even once.

Jack is definitely a different guy than he was the first time. You can tell that everything is striking him as slightly off, out of sync. He reacts during the turbulence not just as a frequent flyer but like oh here we go, it's happening again. He doesn't have conscious memory of a prior crash, but he has some kind of deep memory or unconscious memory or awareness.

I also notice the plane is not particularly full. I think the original flight 815 was pretty packed. Jack has two empty seats next to him, enough for Desmond to move out of his own seat. None of the people sitting in the plane look like the red shirts we've always seen. There are Asian businessmen wearing headphones, an Asian couple other than Sun and Jin. (I realize that a lot of passengers died in the crash, but the survivors were largely Caucasian American. This group is more ethnic.)

Note: the shark patrolling the sunken statue still has the DHARMA logo.

Big change - it seems Jin and Sun are not married! At customs, after Jin is taken off, the clerk addresses her as Miss Paik. As this is customs, she is clearly getting her name from Sun's passport. Either Sun and Jin aren't married or for some reason Sun is traveling under an incorrect travel document, which seems unlikely.

Lastly, one of the hallmarks of original Lostie interaction was that they were all suspicious of each other and didn't share information well -- even harmless information. On the plane, we see Boone share info about Shannon with only a casual question, and Locke doing the same (lying maybe, but responding without reserve). Jack and Locke have a candid exchange while dealing with the lost luggage. Arzt questions Hugo and gets an autograph.

Not revealing squat except under duress was a hallmark of these people. They seem profoundly changed. And Jack really is much more mellow about the coffin loss than the original Jack would have been. Rewatch the scene where he's told that the coffin isn't going on the plane and compare his intensity to the way he handles the news that the airline lost the coffin. Subtle but very different, and I would say the difference is Jack's ability to accept that things aren't going as he planned.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Speculation: post incident   Flowerpower     02-05-10       
   RE: Speculation: post incident   frodis     02-05-10     1  
     RE: Speculation: post incident   Flowerpower     02-05-10     7  
         RE: Speculation: post incident   frodis     02-05-10     10  
   RE: Speculation: post incident   mrc     02-05-10     2  
     RE: Speculation: post incident   BrassFan     02-05-10     3  
         RE: Speculation: post incident   mrc     02-05-10     5  
         RE: Speculation: post incident   Flowerpower     02-05-10     8  
     RE: Speculation: post incident   Road Kill     02-05-10     4  
   RE: Speculation: post incident   zombiebaby     02-05-10     6  
     RE: Speculation: post incident   frodis     02-05-10     9  
         RE: Speculation: post incident   zombiebaby     02-05-10     12  
   RE: Speculation: post incident   michel     02-05-10     11  
     RE: Speculation: post incident   Flowerpower     02-06-10     13  
         RE: Speculation: post incident   michel     02-06-10     14  
   Differences between the flights of ...   Flowerpower     02-08-10     15  
     RE: Differences between the flights...   michel     02-08-10     16  
         RE: Differences between the flights...   Flowerpower     02-09-10     17  
     RE: Differences between the flights...   Outfrontgirl     02-10-10     18  
         RE: Differences between the flights...   Outfrontgirl     02-11-10     20  
   Space time continuum   Outfrontgirl     02-10-10     19  
     Progress   weltek     02-15-10     21  
         RE: Progress   Outfrontgirl     02-15-10     22  
             Another difference...   Flowerpower     02-16-10     23  
                 RE: Another difference...   Flowerpower     02-17-10     24  
                     RE: Another difference...   michel     02-21-10     25  
                         RE: Another difference...   Outfrontgirl     02-22-10     26  
                             Jack sidebar   Flowerpower     02-22-10     27  
                             RE: Another difference...   SenecaTurtle     03-03-10     28  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •