The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Family"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cinnamarie 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-10-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamarie Click to send private message to Cinnamarie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Family"
Any fans out there? I just LOVE this show! It's soooo funny to see them yell at each other... but the thing that cracked me up more is their faces when the staff was revealed as their judges! ONLY Dawn got the idea that what she might have said, might have been wrong! I can't believe most still are wondering why they were voted off! DUH! I LOVE MIKE! I want him to win! GOOOOO MIKE!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Family sbeck 09-10-03 1
   RE: The Family okdebi 09-11-03 2
       RE: The Family Majic Mitch 09-11-03 3
           RE: The Family Tilwee 09-11-03 5
 RE: The Family SurvivaBear 09-11-03 4
   RE: The Family sbeck 09-11-03 6
   RE: The Family SaphireLady 09-11-03 7
 RE: The Family Loree 09-11-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-10-03, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Family"
Warning: SPOILER AHEAD

I loved this show! I liked the way it ended, too. There was no winner or loser (though, technically, Anthony beat Mike) because everyone went home with $100,000 in their pockets. This was a nice, good-humored reality show, which is a nice change from some of the more nasty ones. I hope it's back again next year. . . or sooner!

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Family"
I agree!! As much as I wanted Cousin Mike to win, it couldn't have worked out better. We all know Cousin Mike wouldn't have shared his money since he had his "own" family to look out for. This way, Anthony got to prove himself to his dad which was really important to him and to the family, AND everyone got something to go home with!

Debi

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Family"
Totally agree. Everybody left with a little something, this was the best possible ending, especially when family members compete against each other. I've disliked Anthony all along, but quickly changed my mind after his speech and decision.

I'd like to see it again, and I hope that the next family is even more colorful than this one.

Tilwee 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tilwee Click to send private message to Tilwee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Family"
Yep,
I was hoping for Mike since the first show. He is a sweetheart. However, Anthony did surprise me and I have to agree that he did the right thing !!!
That surprises me more than him winning. I turned off the tv after Anthoney won. I was sad sad sad for Mike. Went down stairs and my husband was channel surfing and had stopped on the show and I saw the ending !!!
So all is well with the world, goodness and generosity pervailed. Just for the night.

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-11-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Family"
What a great show/series! Although I doubt they will have another season (ratings, problems with secrecy of the "board of trustees"), I would watch again. I came away liking everyone in this family and even liking Ringo. Great editing! Great ending! I*HEART*THE FAMILY!

On another note, was i the only one that thought Anthony had a "tell"? I was fairly certain when he opened each of the safes the first time, but when he said he was not lying he glanced down at the black safe. Anthony is not that great a liar, Mike is just not very good at reading liars.

A trademark of PM, Inc, © 2003 Beware the Bear!

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Family"
I thought so, too! I can't stand liars, so every time I suspect someone of being untruthful, I scrutinize their every move. Anthony did telling things with his eyes and face, especially glancing at the black safe. Whatever, I truly enjoyed this show, loved the ending, and would much rather see this than the next installment of "Survivor."

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-11-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Family"
Anthony was smart, the first safe he opened had the money, he reacted, so he made the same reaction at each safe. I was looking too. By doing that he confused Mike.

Also, Anthony grew during this show, good for him.

Yeah I like this show. Can not see another one because after watching this one would need a new way to hide the board of trustees, and any other family would know to be nicer.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-11-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Family"
I loved this series. But I was a little disappointed with the ending. After all the work the trustees did to pick the right person to get the money it all came down to just a guess at the end. I don't think Mike really got an advantage for winning part 1. It all came down to guessing what was in which safe like they were guessing which door to pick on a Monty Hall game show. So that did disappoint me. The fact Anthony shared it made for a nice happy ending. But I didn't really think that Anthony did anything to deserve the win.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •