The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-07, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Please keep all sigpic-free discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until midnight EST, by which time everyone will understand just why I'm pulling out the following very light paraphrase.

'Ah! I thought one of you might try that, Jean-Robert, but I note you never made it beyond ninth place, and no wonder, since you always try to bluff with no bleedin' cards in your hand.'

It'll make perfect sense in a few hours.

And thank you, Terry Pratchett.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... Estee 11-08-07 1
   RE: Survivor #15 Erik lynkfri13 11-08-07 3
 RE: Survivor #15 question. lynkfri13 11-08-07 2
   RE: Survivor #15 question. Puffy 11-08-07 9
 Courtney... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-08-07 4
   RE: Courtney... Swrdprincess 11-08-07 6
 RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... lynkfri13 11-08-07 5
 Courtney the useless. Estee 11-08-07 7
 Maybe they will re-hide the HIIs af... vince3 11-08-07 8
   RE:JH and Idols # 4, 5, 6 lynkfri13 11-08-07 10
   RE: Maybe they will re-hide the HII... Estee 11-08-07 11
 RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-08-07 12
   RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... Sunny_Bunny 11-08-07 14
 You can just see Council now. Estee 11-08-07 13
 James on the dragon Prof_ Wagstaff 11-08-07 15
   RE: James on the dragon Swrdprincess 11-08-07 21
 Question 3 lynkfri13 11-08-07 16
   RE: Question 3 Estee 11-08-07 22
   RE: Question 3 mattben 11-09-07 52
       RE: Question 3 emydi 11-09-07 53
 The least surprising event of the s... Estee 11-08-07 17
   RE: The least surprising event of t... Sunny_Bunny 11-08-07 20
   RE: The least surprising event of t... Snidget 11-08-07 25
 Disgusted Swrdprincess 11-08-07 18
   RE: Disgusted lynkfri13 11-08-07 23
       RE: Disgusted Sunny_Bunny 11-08-07 24
 RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... vince3 11-08-07 19
 RE: Is James doomed? lynkfri13 11-08-07 26
 My prayer Prof_ Wagstaff 11-08-07 27
 Great lies in Survivor history Estee 11-08-07 28
   RE: Great lies in Survivor history Sunny_Bunny 11-08-07 29
       RE: Great lies in Survivor history Round Robin 11-09-07 47
 James... Swrdprincess 11-08-07 30
   RE: James... lynkfri13 11-08-07 32
 And speaking of having no poker fac... Estee 11-08-07 31
   RE: And speaking of having no poker... emydi 11-09-07 50
 Jean-Robert and the most egotistica... Estee 11-08-07 33
   RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotis... Prof_ Wagstaff 11-08-07 35
       RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotis... PepeLePew13 11-08-07 38
           total wingnut dabo 11-09-07 45
               RE: total wingnut Prof_ Wagstaff 11-09-07 49
   RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotis... Snidget 11-08-07 36
 Live post-episode discussion... Estee 11-08-07 34
   RE: Live post-episode discussion... TheWanderer 11-08-07 37
       Vote count: Estee 11-08-07 39
           RE: Vote count: TheWanderer 11-08-07 40
           RE: Vote count: vince3 11-08-07 41
               RE: Vote count: TheWanderer 11-08-07 42
 RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Co... Fishercat 11-08-07 43
   The problem is... AyaK 11-09-07 44
       Except dabo 11-09-07 46
       RE: The problem is... Fishercat 11-09-07 48
           RE: The problem is... emydi 11-09-07 51

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-08-07, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
J-R, still in mild shock after his non-bounce, quickly recovers enough arrogance that he refuses to move over in the shelter and provide Erik with room to sleep.

Geez, J-R's in a mood. Since when does he not want to spend the whole night unwantedly pressing up against an unwilling neighbor?

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor #15 Erik"
Geez... I was wondering why a nice enough looking guy is still a virgin. But apparently he is REALLY shy about getting in any bed with another person, even platonic.

(I don't blame him for not wanting to sleep next to JR)

11-08-07, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor #15 question."
Based on the events of last week, and concerned over Jame's
cache. I have two questions for you experts.

Is there any rule against rifling through another survivor's possessions? (I'm thinking last week proved the answer is no)

More important, is there a rule against actually stealing another's possessions?

Hoping there is, since I like James, and he could become a target fast.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor #15 question."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-jaime-dugan-talk-about-her-survivor-china-experience-6033.php

In Webby's interview with Jaime, she said that they told her as she was going through James' bag, that she's not supposed to do that.

"I think they told me when I went through his bag. They were like, "Hey, that's considered personal property you can't take those."

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-08-07, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Courtney..."
...what a worthless sack of bones!

Swrdprincess 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-08-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swrdprincess Click to send private message to Swrdprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Courtney..."
literally!

11-08-07, 08:28 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

I'll go out on a limb and wager a bottle of beer that Courtney gets mad, opens her mouth and spills some vital info (about the idols?) to the "enemy", now that she didn't get any reward.

Edited to add: or maybe she'll completely change alliance.

I don't trust her a bit.

Edited again: ok I lost the bet this time, but she's going to blow sometime, I predict.

11-08-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
7. "Courtney the useless."
Sure, let's put her in the boat because she's light. It may have actually gotten higher in the water when she got in. But -- she's too weak to paddle away from the splashes. It's more important to Courtney that she spend energy wiping water off her face than in tossing water out of the boat. And she always her the strength to tell Jeff to shut up. But bailing out her boat to help her team win the challenge? That's just pointless.

Oh, and throwing water in Round Two? All you can ask Courtney to throw is her words, right into the nearest sewer.

*sigh* At least Scout would have tried.

BTW, that was horrifically unfair towards Denise. Coconut chop of one.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Maybe they will re-hide the HIIs after use again..."
James, JR, Todd and Amanda all got a tube which might be another clue to the (already found) HIIs.........

11-08-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
10. "RE:JH and Idols # 4, 5, 6"
Could JR actually think of of his three blocks of wood are potentially idols, after last tribal? Was he watching?

Why am I even wondering?

11-08-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Maybe they will re-hide the HIIs after use again..."
Or they were just going to give out the clues come Judd, high water, or actual finds. Forget the contestant actions: we will stay on schedule or someone dies... but the other option is that through reading the clues, you might realize what the idols are, and that they've been found. Just knowing they're active is an advantage of sorts. (And once you know where they were, you start to realize who might have them.)

11-08-07, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
JR = monkey.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
a monkey? That's rather insulting to the monkeys isn't it?

JR = Donkey tush.

11-08-07, 08:42 PM (EST)
13. "You can just see Council now."
'However, this is not a hidden immunity idol -- and neither is this -- or this one -- and I don't know who convinced Jean-Robert his own fingernails were a clue solution and got him to pull them out, but kudos all around...'

11-08-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
15. "James on the dragon"
Nevermind, I can't even think how to write the sounds he was making. ROTFL!

11-08-07, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swrdprincess Click to send private message to Swrdprincess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: James on the dragon"
LOL I hope he doesn't make those sounds elsewhere;)

11-08-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
16. "Question 3"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 08:53 PM (EST)

does the immunity actually have to be played BEFORE the votes are read and only before??

So the survivor could play it too soon, and waste it??

Maybe imagining, but i'd swear at least once Jeff asked evictee again for chance to show idol he snuffs the torch.

(never seen it actually used)

22. "RE: Question 3"
For the current version of the idol: after the votes are cast and tallied, but before Jeff starts reading them. We've had a previous version that acted more as a landmine: wait to hear that you had the majority, then hand Jeff the idol -- and boom. This way, it's very possible to be tricked into wasting it or not use it when you need to -- but there's also less inherent drama attached, and being able to keep it long-term means there's less urgency to use it.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-09-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Question 3"
both ways. HII has to be played before Jeffy reads the votes. It could be -- and has been -- wasted by folks playing it with no need to do so.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Question 3"
what would have happened last nite if Todd and Amanda had agreed to go with JR instead is James would go home without using 2...that's why this way is so much better than Terry/Yul's seasons..

If this happen to James, which I think it will bc of editing his hubris with HI with Jaime and I think not even bringing them with him last nite, james will be inducted into Survivor bonehead move Hall of Fame

11-08-07, 08:51 PM (EST)
17. "The least surprising event of the season."
Courtney wins an Immunity based on doing nothing for a very long time.

Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The least surprising event of the season."
ah, so here is where that tube you mentioned before comes in? Are they going to slide her into it?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The least surprising event of the season."
Almost as if they designed this challenge with her in mind.

11-08-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
18. "Disgusted"
God am I the only only who is completely and thoroughly disgusted by Courtney's body? Good god she looks like a famine victim.

11-08-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Disgusted"
In a beauty contest, I'd pick JR's body over Courtney.

11-08-07, 08:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Disgusted"
Oh now, she's a shoe in for Miss Dachau.

11-08-07, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Who knew that being perfectly still can win you Immunity?

Courtney apparently did since she won the balancing barrel-style dragon IC. (and I don't think a single person in the AVG predicted that)

11-08-07, 09:01 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Is James doomed?"
James is looking to be in danger. I'm bummed here, and hoping that this is heavy handed misdirection.

guesses?

11-08-07, 09:02 PM (EST)
27. "My prayer"
Please God, please get me into a poker game with JR.
I'll even stake myself.
Please!

11-08-07, 09:04 PM (EST)
28. "Great lies in Survivor history"
Oh, come on. There is no way Jean-Robert's a professional poker player. The man is a walking tell!

11-08-07, 09:05 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Great lies in Survivor history"
perhaps he's the professional loser.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-07, 04:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Great lies in Survivor history"
J-R is a professional poker player all right. He just isn't that good at it. His lifetime winnings, I read someplace but forget where, are something like $767K, which isn't sh$t for a tournament pro in a game in which numerous players make over a million a year. If he's still playing that game for a living, he must be kicking @$$ in the cash games, because he's never won or even placed high in any really big tournament. And I have seen him on TV playing poker a couple times, and trust me, he's just as obnoxious playing poker as he is playing Survivor.

11-08-07, 09:09 PM (EST)
30. "James..."
looked pissed. He knows.

11-08-07, 09:12 PM (EST)
32. "RE: James..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

James really missed a big tell, too. There's no way JR could have guessed that James had 2 idols. James should have known his secret was blown and been on guard. trying to find out whether his alliance cracked, or what happened.

11-08-07, 09:10 PM (EST)
31. "And speaking of having no poker face..."
...Todd really has to work on his total lack of same. J-R may not have cared to cover up his anger, but if Todd had actually burst out laughing during that vote -- problem. I think Todd believes Jean-Robert can't blame him for this one. He may or may not be right -- but the smirk wasn't exactly helping his cause.

11-09-07, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: And speaking of having no poker face..."
last week started the editing breakdown of Todd's game (with the conv btw him and JR shown) and it continued this week...

But I don't think I've seen such horrible strategy from everyone in well...ever....

Todd--good idea with James...so when JR who has been out of the loop comes to you with the same good idea, why not go with JR, gets rid of HUGE physical threat and 2 idols and grants goodwill towards JR, but no he can't get over the idea that he is the only one allowed to have the ideas...this will cost him dearly imho

Amanda--probably by default the best strategist of last nite but that's like saying __________________________________ (Estee, or anyone else, please fill in blank)
She had the right idea of continuing on the pagong but was finally overrun with the numbers. Could she have gone to Denise and James and had a 3 way tie? Probably not advisable...I wouldn't even want to know what would happen there...(did James bring his idols with him even...if he didn't ** in high singing Jon Stewart voice IDIOT ** What the heck would have happened there...coudl James have played HI on revote?

JR-what a stupid hubric no poker face jackA$$!! He gets the info. from Erik and instead of just using it to his advantage..he confronts and bullies the most buff guy ever to play Survivor. He could have just soft sold him....but the way he's played thus far did not give him that opp bc James said no way would he align with him. And then when you do go to the Master Strategist....let him tell you what he wants to do and act accordingly...

James-not playing the HI? He got lucky.. if he didn't even bring them that's even more stupid. The HI is his story...he is shown laughing last week about Jaime's decision and then doesn't bring them...irony...EPMB loves him some irony...

PG and Erik--not following through with the JR vote, although they could have done so and Denise just wouldn't. At least they're trying and Erik was cute at TC. (is James sweet on Erik?) What they need to do now is try again with the "PG 5" and get out the HI idols with the CB Voodoo plan in the next 2 TCs by going after Todd and Amanda...why is no one going after this year's Romber? Do they watch the show?

Denise--Lydia oh Lydia has Denise met Lydia Lydia the "I'm a vote for you" woman. What was that...she is not given a place in her own tribe or the other over stick lady and she still votes with them? She had the opportunity to make a power play last nite, but wasn't even brought in on what finally happened. The tragedy will be imo that she will go back to TAC and continue to vote with them even tho she is aware that she's at the bottom of that pecking order...What she should do is go with PG Erik Frosti and Courtney and become the crucial F5 vote and get Todd out next week

Courtney-is her "I don't care who goes" a strategy to not be involved in deciding who goes or just laziness? I pick the latter. She actually could become the power player by going with either the PG 5 or the

Frosti--he has to break away from TA and go with Courtney amd Denise and go back to PG and Erik...with that 5 he has a real chance of sweeping the last few ICs and taking the game...but is Courtney leading him around by his hairy &^%#?

11-08-07, 09:12 PM (EST)
33. "Jean-Robert and the most egotistical/delusional Final Confessional ever."
If I told you what he'd said, you wouldn't believe me...

11-08-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotistical/delusional Final Confessional ever."
Dammit, that's not funny!
A friend brought my daughter home from Brownies and I missed his statement.
Someone please spill.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotistical/delusional Final Confessional ever."
Amongst other things, he called himself by far the best player in the game.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "total wingnut"
"I really loved the way I played this game. If I was to relate what happened to a game of poker, I pushed all in and it didn't work out for me. But I'm playing for first and the only person who threatened that first place position for me was James. I think they realized I probably was the best player in the game and they would feel more comfortable with me out of the game."

11-09-07, 08:24 AM (EST)
49. "RE: total wingnut"
*wipes away tears*

Thanks dabo, that's hilarious. I wish I had seen it.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Jean-Robert and the most egotistical/delusional Final Confessional ever."
Well if you can't win the big prize at least you can try for most delusional.

11-08-07, 09:13 PM (EST)
34. "Live post-episode discussion..."
...can be found in the Live Chat room (left sidebar, Other Fun, Live Chat, enable Java before entering and use AyaK's Bar & Grill).

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Live post-episode discussion..."
Please excuse my stupidity, but who got booted?
Was it James and he didn't bother to use the HII?

11-08-07, 09:23 PM (EST)
39. "Vote count:"
Peih-Gee: 1
James: 3
Jean-Robert: 5

11-08-07, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Vote count:"
Thank you.
Pee-Gee next, then Courtney, and I'll be a happy camper.

11-08-07, 09:26 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Vote count:"
and after that, if James doesn't win next week's IC and doesn't use one of the HII's he will obviously need some glasses, because the writing is really starting to appear on the wall.........

11-08-07, 09:30 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Vote count:"
I agree. So long as the challenge involves heavy physical prowess, James can easily wrap it up. He may be big, but he is very agile.
When it gets down to the F4, which I hope James makes, he'll need the mental stamina, so the playing field may be even.
If you recall, the F4 usually is a mental challenge.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Survivor #15 Episode #8 East Coast Spoiler Thread."
Horrible play by Todd and a definite Gufu this week for me.

Essentially, Todd has his choice of two boots

A) He can boot the biggest physical threat in the game who has two HIIs that, if he makes it to F6, guarantees him F4 and a one-challenge win to the million, and with eight remaining and PG/Erik, it wasn't likely he would go home that soon. Plus, he's the weekly favorite for immunity. He has a great chance at a million as a hard worker and with AmanTodd splitting a vote if they both make it (I doubt Courtney or Denise get much play if they make it, maybe Frosti does, the rest...lol).

or

B) He can boot the man on the slow track who has explicitly told him of revenge should he get screwed by Todd, who isn't that big of a challenge threat (maybe with James gone), who has several people who hate him and is a great F3 goat/post-Pagong boot

And he chooses B? Seriously? Horrid move. I don't think James will win or get to F3, but still, he essentially gave a vote to one of his F3 competitors if he makes it.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 00:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "The problem is..."
... Todd has to hold his alliance together. With James, Todd has a majority that trusts him. What happens if the others don't trust him any longer? His lifespan in the game would be as long as Brandon's (S3) when Brandon voted against his original tribe. And what happens if he doesn't trust them?

It really doesn't matter if James makes it to the final three or not. Todd will win a vote against James. What matters to Todd is whether Todd gets to the final three ... and Jean-Robert was trying to pull a double-cross on James. When Todd found out that he couldn't trust JR, JR had to go.

Jean-Robert thought he was the biggest threat in the game and the best player in the game. All he was ... was "The Biggest Loser."

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Except"
Denise was left out of the loop in voting JR, still voted PG according to plan; that's a big wakeup call for anyone that she needs to improve her position.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The problem is..."
Now, I'm not seeing it that way. Completely debatable, but do you really think anyone wouldn't have supported voting off James or PG in that situation?

James

The Remaining Zhan Hus: It's not them, so they're perfectly fine voting off James, in fact, they tried to.

ToddManda: Todd had no objections and he originally brought up the idea, Amanda supported boot of PG but she didn't show any real resistance to blindsiding James.

Courtney: For once, she was happy with pretty much anything since she had the idol. She didn't raise up a stink.

Jean-Robert: He made the second proposal and voted for James

Denise: She was kept out of the loop on James and J-R it appears, but based on the convo with the losing RC Team, she would have been fine with J-R, so turning on her team early wasn't an issue.

The only person on that list I see complaining would be Denise, and he didn't tell her anything, which insinuates that Todd feels that he doesn't need her vote.

-------------------------------------------------
Here's my problem with the logic that once JR shows he's untrustworthy, he's an okay boot. Namely, Jean Robert isn't that bright of a bulb. Erik had to point out to him that the plaque he had wasn't real even after Jaime tried it at last TC. He had no suspicion that James or Todd or Amanda had any idea of the existence of idols. He didn't even make the potential connection that Todd had something to do with James' idols.

He has no sense of the social dynamics, and well, most people don't like the guy. I doubt he could turn this game on its head, even if he tried and I don't doubt he did.

--------------------------------------------------
I don't like a few things about his decision
A) He booted the weaker (physically), dumber (game-wise), less likeable player over a huge threat to win it all who possessed the physical tools to where he could easily run the game right now. That's almost never a good idea at the individual stage. Both of them think that they are Todd's allies, J-R thinks he has a F3 pact with Todd/Amanda.

B) J-R's a blowhard, but if his declaration a week or two ago about trying to poison the jury is true, Todd has a definite non-vote on the jury at two people. I don't think JR has the ability to poison anyone to Todd, but that's one vote out of two that Todd definitely won't get, and Jaime may lean toward Amanda more in a F3 than Todd. This won't kill Todd on a seven-person-jury...but it definitely won't help.

It wasn't the worst move ever and it could work out for him in the end, but I don't see that booting James this week would have caused much more negativity around the camp than booting Jean Robert. I just felt that he booted one of the three real goats remaining unnecessarily and put himself in a position where he is forced into an unsavory option of trying to boot James with his guard up or Pagonging and letting James to F4 (at least).

11-09-07, 09:53 AM (EST)
51. "RE: The problem is..."
I agree...Todd is making mistakes...the unwinding of his "master strategist" edit started last week. If you're going to vote JR at least tell Denise...James was a better choice last nite

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •