The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-07, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-07 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

SURVIVOR BLOWS STATE OF THE SPOILING

Welcome friends to another SOTS at Reality TV World. We are here to collectively try and spoil EPMB’s Survivor series, one episode at a time! Please feel free to join in on the never ending quest with your insights, your observations, and especially with your speculation. It’s our collective opinions, right or wrong, that we like to put to the test. Please take the time to stop by and read our guidelines, they have kept this site running smoothly and make it such a great place to hang out!

Last week the tribes merged and had a very nice feast which included lots of wine and spirits as well as a spectacular Chinese production. Frosti was able to pull the most out of his memory and be awarded winner of the first individual immunity necklace, sparing him from the vote. Instead, Jaime, one of the “power” couple singled out by Todd and company, received the most votes, and was indeed voted out after offering up her and Erik’s idea of something that “looked idolish”! Much to James’ delight! For a review of the show in its entirety, please check out the “East Coast Update Thread”, brought to us by Snidget.

Episode 8: High School Friend Contest

This weeks title was brought to us by michel, here. I do think that this sounds like a quote from someone during the episode. Perhaps one on the fringe, that may not be a member of the popular clique….PG, Erik, Courtney, or JR maybe? Regardless, someone is definitely going to really be on the outs soon.

CBS MISDIRECTION CLUES

Brought to us this week by Chez and found in the above thread by michel.

1. While everyone is sound asleep, one castaway begins searching for the Hidden Immunity Idol, collecting random items in the desperate hope that one of them might be it.

Obviously someone is desparate. Could be Erik or PG, who are really on the outs of the superior old Fei Longs, or it could be those on the outskirts of the power alliance of Todd, Amanda et al., such as JR. I think it is more likely to be the former.

2. One castaway becomes the Godfather after threatening a supposed ally not to double-cross him.

Last week we heard JR say to Todd that he will hold him personally responsible should he meet his untimely demise…I think he may continue on with this rant.

3. Overconfidence takes over the castaways, as seven of nine arrive at Tribal Council with no bags. Will one of them be sent home without their belongings?

This SCREAMS the answer is, YES, one will be sent home without their belongings!!! Definitely one that has a false sense of security will be walking the walk…but which one???

11/8 TV Guide Magazine also offers up a clue: Survivor China: One lucky reward winner gets an invitation to the party of the year! Well at least it seems like the party of the year if your stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but collect water and firewood for hours at a time.

So, who does nothing but collect water and firewood for hours at a time? I would bet most likely one of James, Erik, or Frosti, but I suppose you could consider Denise as well, as she appears to be a worker. Somehow, I doubt it will be her.

VIDCAPs and Challenges

The vidcaps this week can be found here. This week there are absolutely NO vidcaps of any part of a challenge, which is a clear and present MYSTERY. We are forced to ask, why not? Could they be THAT boring? Could it be a question - answer challenge? Could it be the ole boring endurance challenge? Could it be a pure 2 dimensional puzzle challenge? Clearly something with either no drama, or the winner sticks out like a sore thumb.

One thing that we do know is that there are indeed 2 challenges, as per the TV Guide clue referencing the RC winner and the “party of the year”. I think one can speculate that it could be James, as it could remove him so that Todd can run wild with his plan to blindside James…

We hear Todd state, “I would love to see some craziness”

…and then present his plan to blindside James…

…and finally hear Amanda state that Todd is all over the place…

and Jiffy notes that it causes his alliance to question his leadership.

Then, also noted in the vidcaps preview, we hear that Peih-Gee is making a power play,

She states that there are five of us here. Question is, what five? We see Denise behind Peih-Gee so we know she and PG are in the five, and we see James off in the background so we know that he is not one of the five, or is he?…Most likely Erik and Frosti are part of the five… So she, Erik, Frosti, James, and Denise could vote together to oust one of the perceived power players, like Todd, Amanda, Courtney or JR??? Just a wild thought. But clearly, she is trying to convince 5 likely underdogs to usurp the power players, or at least anyone else but her. Maybe she is trying to get the weak links together to oust the big boys?

Regarding the IC, we know again that there will be one, as always. Only 2 daws will bring their belongings to the TC, which suggests that one of PG(very doubtful), Frosti, or Erik may win the IC. TDT is speculating that it may just be Frosti.

In the first two promos for the episode there was absolutely no sign of Jean-Robert. The build up for them was in the plan to blindside the invincible James. Finally, in the Sports PIP promo, we have a build up for JR…

I think the final sports PIP promo really spells it out for us this week. One of the big boys is going down. Will it be the invincible James…

or the Godfather, JR…

In sum, I think that the blindsided plan is a great one. I think that the daws will indeed be convinced after this episode that it can work. This week however, when Frosti notes, the plan is to blindside him tonight, he is not referring to James,
but to Jean-Robert…

This season the real inside source seems to be DanieuBleau at Survivor Skills. She is a great asset to us all and chooses to relay the details in bits and pieces. Hats off to a great season, DanieuBleau!

As ALWAYS there is AMAZING insights and assessments over in Veruca's thread, The Players, the Game, the Editing; Survivor China Thread. And our ole friend emydi has reared her head and voice in there!

So, to wrap it up:
RC: Most likely James/Erik
IC: Most likely Frosti/Erik
Boot: Jean-Robert

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling CTgirl 11-07-07 1
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling byoffer 11-07-07 2
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling CattyChat 11-07-07 3
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling KObrien_fan 11-07-07 4
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling kingfish 11-07-07 5
   RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling Fire Fly 11-07-07 6
   RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling Flowerpower 11-07-07 7
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling redbeard103152 11-07-07 8
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling Wallflower66 11-07-07 9
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling whoami 11-07-07 10
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling mattben 11-07-07 11
 RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling Scarlett O Hara 11-08-07 12
   RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling Flowerpower 11-08-07 13
 Alliance of 5 hmmmm mommy0f4 11-08-07 14
   RE: Alliance of 5 hmmmm Flowerpower 11-08-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Nice job FP without a lot to go on!

surfkitty sig shop 2007

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent job, FloPo. It certainly is a tough week for spoiling, but you have pulled the clues together well.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Excellent SOTS, FloPo. This week the pickings are scarce, yet you put everything together well. Love the JR joker card -- so fitting.

Survivor China ~~ Black Fighting Wind ~~ really, guys??

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Nice job FP, thanks for pulling this together!

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
With the lack of clues, this is a tough week to spoil. Yet you manage to make the most of the scant material available, and you narrow the possibilities very well. I guess being a Pro helps.

Thanks Flo, you do good work.

Crabman

Fire Fly 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-07-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fire%20Fly Click to send private message to Fire%20Fly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Sure is a tough week...but you always put together what there is in a neat package! Thanks!

11-07-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Yet you manage to make the most of the scant material available...

But I sure could have made it alot more interesting and fun with your gift for floriforous verbage coupled with your one of a kind sharp wit!

Keep it coming, King...

FloPo

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-07-07, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
If you have no idea it is time to stop and smell the flowers. Thanks FP for your work and for tying what little we have this week into a very nice package. Great Job FP

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-07-07, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
THAT was one fantastic SOTS, girlfriend!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-07-07, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Good job Flowerpower

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-07-07, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
Nice.

Blindsiding James is just too in our face for it to happen that way. MB's editors do things with a bit more subtlety.

The poker player folds.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-07, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
WoW! FloPo! Great job! I just don't know how you do it! Take a mini-vacation down to Costa Rica, come up with a fantastic SOTS and celebrate your birthday and all in the same week!

11-08-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 8, State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Happy Birthday right back atcha, Scarlett!

Posted by Anywho at Survivor Sucks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S5xUvrjdbM

mommy0f4 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-08-07, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy0f4 Click to send private message to mommy0f4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Alliance of 5 hmmmm"
Good Job FlowerPower, you are so wise.

Just for fun (and because I believe Todd is more influencial than he is shown) What if the New Alliance of 5 is:

Todd, Amanda, Courtney, AND

PG and Denise.

We know that at this point you have to target the strongest, most likely to win challenges. Why wouldn't Todd latch onto PG, another tiny person. They could use her vote, and that would certainly account for her making it to the final 5 as I read rumored somewhere.

The shown alliances never last, but no-one would take producers seriously if PG says she is in an alliance of 5. It will be interesting to see how much they show.

11-08-07, 10:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Alliance of 5 hmmmm"
Just for fun (and because I believe Todd is more influencial than he is shown) What if the New Alliance of 5 is:

Todd, Amanda, Courtney, AND

PG and Denise.

I think I definately would see where you are coming from, MommyOf4! I think I can easily see how PG could be salvaged by Todd and brought into the loop to bait the target, so to speak!

Get rid of all of the threats...Frosti, Erik, and most of all James, and that leaves Todd and Amanda with their weakest opponents to take to the final challenges and beyond. Clearly, I think you are the wise one!

I guess it takes one to know one...I'm a mommy of 4 too!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •