The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-06-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I want to apologize if this is old news, but I have not been to the site in a while. I came across this article today and it says survivor 16 may come early due to the strike and is in Palau and is another allstars with contestants from seasons 9-15.

Hope everyone is well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21645187/

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... Dakota 11-06-07 1
   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... palau 01-07-08 60
       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... Flowerpower 01-12-08 61
 Insta-challenge. Estee 11-06-07 2
   RE: Insta-challenge. KObrien_fan 11-06-07 3
       RE: Insta-challenge. Flowerpower 11-06-07 4
           RE: Insta-challenge. KObrien_fan 11-06-07 5
       RE: Insta-challenge. Georgianna 11-07-07 6
           RE: Insta-challenge. KObrien_fan 11-07-07 7
               RE: Insta-challenge. smokedog 11-07-07 17
       RE: Insta-challenge. emydi 11-07-07 8
           RE: Insta-challenge. KObrien_fan 11-07-07 9
               RE: Insta-challenge. emydi 11-07-07 10
                   RE: Insta-challenge. KObrien_fan 11-07-07 11
                       RE: Insta-challenge. emydi 11-07-07 14
                   RE: Insta-challenge. CattyChat 11-07-07 12
                       RE: Insta-challenge. Flowerpower 11-07-07 13
                           RE: Insta-challenge. whoami 11-07-07 15
                               RE: Insta-challenge. smokedog 11-07-07 16
 RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... pmspml5 11-09-07 18
   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... flystorms 11-09-07 19
       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... ivoryElephant 11-10-07 20
           RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... KObrien_fan 11-10-07 21
 RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... Scarlett O Hara 11-11-07 22
   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... KObrien_fan 11-11-07 23
       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... xwraith27 11-11-07 24
           RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... smokedog 11-11-07 25
               RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... KObrien_fan 11-11-07 26
                   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... smokedog 11-11-07 27
                       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... ivoryElephant 11-13-07 28
                           RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... flystorms 11-13-07 29
                               RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... ivoryElephant 11-13-07 30
                   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... byoffer 11-13-07 32
                       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... emydi 11-14-07 33
                           RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... KObrien_fan 11-14-07 34
                               RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... emydi 11-14-07 35
                               RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... smokedog 11-14-07 36
                                   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... KObrien_fan 11-14-07 37
                                       RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... qwertypie 12-04-07 44
 RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... Ahtumbreez 11-13-07 31
   RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... byoffer 11-15-07 38
 Starting this up again... smokedog 12-01-07 39
   RE: Starting this up again... ultrashel 12-02-07 40
       RE: Starting this up again... KObrien_fan 12-02-07 41
   RE: Starting this up again... Georgianna 12-04-07 42
       Spoilers from Coby smokedog 12-04-07 43
           RE: Spoilers from Coby KObrien_fan 12-05-07 45
               RE: Spoilers from Coby byoffer 12-05-07 46
           RE: Spoilers from Coby Georgianna 12-05-07 47
               RE: Spoilers from Coby Thaibeach 12-05-07 48
                   RE: Spoilers from Coby dreamerbeliever 12-05-07 50
           RE: Spoilers from Coby Flowerpower 12-05-07 49
               RE: Spoilers from Coby southpaw 12-07-07 51
                   RE: Spoilers from Coby smokedog 12-07-07 52
 Q? Karchita 12-08-07 53
   RE: Q? Q 12-13-07 55
       RE: Q? Karchita 01-05-08 59
 CAST REVEAL - Thursday, Jan 3 smokedog 12-13-07 54
 RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is sec... Jenna_F 12-20-07 56
 If that list is accurate . . . CattyChat 12-20-07 57
   RE: If that list is accurate . . . smokedog 12-20-07 58

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-07, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
That would be pretty kewl, especially since I subconsciously erase most of any given season shortly after the winner is crowned. Also, it will keep those Survivor Game hosts off the streets if the shows air more frequently.

surfkitten sigshop 2007

palau 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-07-08, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail palau Click to send private message to palau Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Just came back from diving in Palau.
Ozzy was being talked about by the crew, in particular the tribal council vote where many of the crew were banned from attending due to leaks.
I would not bet any money on him winning.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-08, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Welcome to the Boards, palau, and way to make an entrance! Let's hear all of the details!? When were you in Palau, and who were you diving with? What, in particular were they saying about Ozzy? Sure bet diving in Palau was heavenly!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Insta-challenge."
Pick three All-Stars from the China cast.

Good luck.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Insta-challenge."
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-07 AT 08:52 PM (EST)

The only one from China that is on ASS2 is James and he is confirmed.

Others confirmed:

Johnny Fairplay
Ami Cusack
Yau Man Chan
Eliza Orlins
Jonathan Penner

Others rumored:

Andrew Savage
James Miller

Others were asked to go but received "no thank yous" at the last minute (after making plans to be away from job and family): Twila, Terry, Coby, and Yul

It is rumored that this might be half ASS and half newbies.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

11-06-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Insta-challenge."
Any word on Ozzy??? I would love to see him again!

11-06-07, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Insta-challenge."
There were rumors of his inclusion, but I have reason to believe that he is not.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-07, 07:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Insta-challenge."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-07 AT 07:46 AM (EST)

The only one from China that is on ASS2 is James and he is confirmed.

Others confirmed:

Johnny Fairplay
Ami Cusack
Yau Man Chan
Eliza Orlins
Jonathan Penner

That's a lot of big Pisces in a small Pond.

Others were asked to go but received "no thank yous" at the last minute (after making plans to be away from job and family): Twila, Terry, Coby, and Yul

Sigh!

If the Pond is Season Nine through Season Fifteen, the remaining Libra possibilities are: John K., Aras, Edgardo and Stacy.

It is rumored that this might be ... half newbies.

Unless the half that are Newbies are also former Pirates, I really do not want this to happen.

11-07-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Insta-challenge."
John K., Aras, Edgardo and Stacy.

None of these guys made it, sorry G.

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-07-07, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Insta-challenge."
KO, how do you know who is or isn't on? Are you going on rumor or do you have access to insid info?

Inquiring minds want to know!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Insta-challenge."
So it's actually S7 too with JFP there...although I'm glad I like him as a Survivor player...he and Jonathan....that will be interesting. Ami is one of my faves too! and James..there'll be a lot of graves to dig when he gets back from his 2nd stint in a row

So it appears they don't want any winners or finalists or maybe even threats? I mean, come on. James Miller instead of Yul Terry or Ozzy and even one of my most hated Tom W? and no one from Guatemala...Rafe? and Eliza instead of Chad ?

What about Julie B...or will she just be there for Jiffy are they still an item?

will it be a Newbie team vs. All Star team or intermixed...if it was 1/2 and 1/2 it would seem there would be a tie at the first TC unless someone flips....I think I'd like to see what they did in China with kidnaps with all Newbie v. All star...although they need to even out women and men then

11-07-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Insta-challenge."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-07 AT 11:28 AM (EST)

Nobody else from Palau or Guatemala, except that Lydia is still unaccounted for. Julie B is rumored, but she is participating in a charity dodge ball event in early december, 2 days after the filming would end, so would she really commit to the charity event if she was just getting back from ASS2? I don't think so. Chad will be at that event too, and he is not on ASS.

Rumor is that Tom W wanted more money to participate, ultimately I think they decided against past winners anyway.

I'm not sure if they are doing 1/2 and 1/2 on each tribe or all on 1 vs all on the other.

Filming started 10/29.

11-07-07, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Insta-challenge."
actually I was kidding about Julie B I think she should not be allowed bc of her Jiffy thing...he'd be sending for her at night and giving her snickers bars

Chad playing volleyball...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If it is Newbies v. A$$ they would need some more women...Eliza Ami... bc there are 4 men confirmed...JFP Jon James YM...unless more than 8 on a tribe...

11-07-07, 01:34 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Insta-challenge."
Chad playing dodge ball

11-07-07, 04:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Insta-challenge."
hey leave my Top Gun fantasy alone...dodge ball doesn't quite work as well....

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Insta-challenge."
Ugh, I agree about the Julie B. comment. She should not be allowed, due to her intimate relationship with JP. Besides that, there are many others better than her to choose.

I prefer the "no winners" concept. They would just be first out most likely anyway.

I'm on board with Jonathan, Yau Man and even Ami -- but it disgusts me that they would allow that idiot Fairplay back into the mix. I didn't mind JFP that much on Pearl Islands, but wished his 15 mins were done with that.

And what the freaking heck? An Allstars without Terry? Now, that really stinks.

For me, Allstars should consist of the best strategists & best physical competitors. I want hard core playing going on.

Survivor China ~~ Black Fighting Wind ~~ really, guys??

11-07-07, 02:25 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Insta-challenge."
For me, Allstars should consist of the best strategists & best physical competitors. I want hard core playing going on.

Yeah, you go girl, me too....what Catty said! What is an all-stars without Ozzie and Terry???

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-07-07, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Insta-challenge."
It is not an A$$ without the winners.

11-07-07, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Insta-challenge."
>It is not an A$$ without
>the winners.

If you already won, you likely wouldn't even make the merge anyway...so I support the non-winners idea. Less gimmee boots this way.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
IMO I just dont see JFP getting very far and see him the same as any winner

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-07, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I'm disappointed that EPMB is taking the easy route and going with #####'s again. I've already seen these people. Gimme new blood with new ideas. I'm even more disappointed that that idiot JFP will be back. UGH. He just makes me gag.

The last set of A$$es, most of them, were a bunch of prima donnas coming back to play the game. They thought they had it all lined up.

Sigh...I'm probably in the minority here. Oh well.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-10-07, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"

"Nobody else from Palau or Guatemala, except that Lydia is still unaccounted for"

hmm... I could go buy some seafood and check it out, are they still filming?

mind the gap

11-10-07, 03:31 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Yep, they just started filming 10/29, so they will go through early Dec.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-07, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"

"Nobody else from Palau or Guatemala, except that Lydia is still unaccounted for"

You mean they didn't ask Bobby Jon and Stephanie back?

What about Amanda and Todd ... if they go as far as we think they'll go, they need to be on ASS2 as well. What's Eliza doing on there? How about Cirie and/or Becky or Sundra? I might not be able to watch it if Ozzy isn't there!

11-11-07, 08:58 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Bobby John and Stephanie no

Todd no, Amanda is highly rumored to be on

Cirie, Becky, Sundra no

Sorry Ozzy is no too

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-11-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Amanda is highly rumored to be on

If this is true, and if rumors of a no-winners ASS2 are also true, could this mean that...

Courtney wins S15?

11-11-07, 01:55 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
>If this is true, and if rumors of a no-winners ASS2 are also >true, could this mean that...

Keep in mind that maybe no one knows who won China. Not sure on the timelines, but when Rupert was on the first AllStars, the Pearl Islands season was still on the air.

If this is the same timeline now, Amanda and/or Todd would know they finished in the top 3, but not if they won.

Hope I have my facts straight!

11-11-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
You are correct Smokedog. Amanda wouldn't know for sure if she won, James would know that she was F3 but that's it. So if she is a winner (and I think she is), she wouldn't have the same stigma as others since noone will know.

My only question about giving Amanda a second chance is her lackluster edit this season.

11-11-07, 05:05 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
>My only question about giving Amanda
>a second chance is her
>lackluster edit this season.

Hopefully they'll also resolve the perpetual blurring of her backside!

11-13-07, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I went and bought some seafood and saw with my own eyes that she is NOT on allstars 2.

I was pretty sure she wouldn't be anyways but seeing her makes it 100%

mind the gap

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-13-07, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
>I went and bought some seafood
>and saw with my own
>eyes that she is NOT
>on allstars 2.
>
>I was pretty sure she wouldn't
>be anyways but seeing her
>makes it 100%

"She" meaning Amanda?

11-13-07, 04:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
No, Lydia is not on Allstars2.

mind the gap

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I agree KO, that Amanda hasn't been edited as someone who would warrant a spot on ASS2. There could be 2 reasons for her being there:
1. Her edit is about to change to make her more interesting in the drive to the F3. Do edits ever change that much? Is her edit only bad because they are struggling with all the blurred footage?

2. Despite not being interesting, MB wants to see if a winner can do better this time around if the other players can't completely put the winner label on them. It would be better if the players didn't even know she was F3, but even if no other S15 players were there it would be a real test of her poker face to claim to have not made F3.

11-14-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I'm telling you Amanda is Amber2...did Amber deserve a spot in A$$ 1 based on her Lamber edit in S2? No Elisabeth said no and they wanted another cute skinny minny

Amanda is cute and her edit has to do with how they edit most women (Sandra is an exception) and that it's the Todd show. She is playing a Amber A$$ game to Todd's Rob. Todd is just less cutthroat about it. Tomanda

It appears that James could help or hurt Amanda in ASS2 The other contestants would have seen up to Oct 25th show at latest? that was ep 7 in which SHerea was booted. The DAWs who are on A$$2 would have watched S15 with a keen eye. They know she has some game and is linked to the majority alliance.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

11-14-07, 09:39 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Yes, but lets not forget Eliza who reads the boards. She may very well know that Amanda is a heavy favorite to win based on reading spoilers before she left. She could bargain with Amanda and agree not to reveal it if she sides with her. I could see those two forming an early alliance.

11-14-07, 01:41 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
gp KT does Ami come along for the ride too?

11-14-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
>Yes, but lets not forget Eliza
>who reads the boards.

At this point, I would be surprised if there was any survivor who wasn't checking the boards up to and including the prep for A$$2!

11-14-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I don't think Ami would check the boards. JFP for sure would. Yau Man most likely no.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-07, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
Actually, I think Yau-Man would. He did an incredible amount of prep for his season (even surprising the interview panel by correctly predicting where it was going to be shot). I heard him speak 9 days before A$$2 started.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

11-13-07, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I can't believe Ozzy would say no if asked!

JFP? I think my eyes will bleed if he's not the first out.

No winners is a good idea imo.

agman lvoes me

11-15-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I would love to see Ozzy and Frosti going head to head in some physical challenges. Ozzy was great at the running, climbing, and especially swimming challenges, of which there were a lot that season. Ozzy prolly would not have been great at heavy lifting challenges (like say Rupert, Colby, or Andrew). Tom and Terry would have given Ozzy a good challenge in the mixed challenges that they had those seasons (some endurance, some strength, etc)

Frosti seems to be very good at the running, climbing challenges (though there haven't been many). No real read on swimming this season. I think Ozzy and Frosti would compete fairly evenly in those sorts of challenges, and it would be fun to watch them compete.

Would Ozzy have been a challenge star in China?

12-01-07, 05:35 PM (EST)
39. "Starting this up again..."
OK, looking around our boards and other web sites, there seems to be a somewhat firm consensus that the following are on the next show (10 in total - not sure if this means that they brought some alternates or if they actually will have 10 Survivors vs 10 newbies)

S7 - Jonny Fairplay
S9 - Eliza
S9 - Ami
S12 - Cirie
S13 - Ozzy
S13 - Parvati
S13 - Jonathan
S14 - Yau-Man
S15 - Amanda
S15 - James

Does anyone in the know (or anyone else for that matter) have anything else to add or change?

ultrashel 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

12-02-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ultrashel Click to send private message to ultrashel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Starting this up again..."
I thought itwas reported earlier by KObrien_fan that ozzy was a definate no. Is there solid confirmation of this now?

12-02-07, 11:30 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Starting this up again..."
Here is what I said earlier:

There were rumors of his inclusion, but I have reason to believe that he is not.

I do not believe that he is on, but my source could be off. Also, I do not believe that Cirie is on, but have no confirmation one way or the other.

Parvati hasn't logged on to her myspace page since 10/23, so she could very well be in Palau.

12-04-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Starting this up again..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-07 AT 02:48 PM (EST)

This thread appeared in August. And, until we have enough information about S16 to warrant multiple threads, I thought it might be helpful to reproduce the original post here.

Note: Several of us asked the author for more details regarding the ‘producer’s’ revelations. To date, there has been no reply. And some of the information (specifically, that no China veterans would be cast) appears to be outdated. However, I don’t think that that is particularly surprising. In August, casting S16 would have been a work in progress. And I do think that it is interesting that in August, perhaps that was the plan. I find it interesting, too, that (assuming the information to be credible) in August there was an intention to begin the Season with three tribes of seven members each. And I don’t think that that bit of ‘inside information’ has, yet, been definitively refuted.

As to the information’s credibility:

According to the QUT website, the course/unit of study - Film and Television Production Resource Management - mentioned by the author was, indeed, being offered at QUT in August of 2007.

So, a couple of days ago, I sent its coordinator an email explaining my interest (the testing methodologies involved in the show’s casting process) and asked if she would reply with the Survivor producer’s name. I haven’t received a reply. And I’m hoping that her silence is because this is the summer break/semester at QUT, and she may not be monitoring her email account closely. I hope it isn’t because she isn’t monitoring it … at all.

I refuse to consider other, obvious, possibilities ...

Of course, the name (other than as a point of contact) would mean nothing to me. But, for those board members ‘in the know’, I thought that it might help to evaluate the quality of the information.

Another note:

I’ve clicked until my finger is sore, but I cannot get the QUT site to spit out a detailed class schedule for the course/unit. Or (on the chance that the producer’s guest lecture might have been ‘covered’), a student newspaper.

The text of the post:

“Hey guys – long time lurker here but I have never posted. I never thought in a million years that I would ever come across a spoiler but here it goes – I AM REALLY EXCITED !!! AAHHHH!

I am studying Television production in at QUT in Brisbane and I’m doing a subject this semester called “production resource management” and last week we had a guest lecturer who is one of the producers that work with Mark Brunette on Survivor and Pirate Master. I was so excited to see someone from Survivor I almost froze when I found out she was going to give us the lecture.

Through the lecture she was really selective about what she said about the China series (she only returned 3 days before) and she said that she thinks it will be a really exciting season to watch on television and that the location is beautiful. I stayed back after the lecture along with two other people and asked heaps of questions about working on the series. Apparently a lot of the crew are Australian (so there is actually hope for us Aussie fans to work on the show in the future). The conversation turned to All-Stars 2 and she confirmed that she will be working on it and that there will be three tribes of seven at the start of the game. She told us that the whole cast has not been confirmed but 10 have been and she told us the names of those 10 and that no one from China would be in the series. I was surprised by at least three names in that list. She also hinted that some of the contestants with similar personalities are being weighed up next to each other as only one will be cast. She gave me three examples of the pairs (not sure if these were real examples though).”

Oh! There is a new thread at Survivor Sucks that indicates S16 will premier on February 7, 2008 and provides this link to The Futon Critic.

12-04-07, 11:05 PM (EST)
43. "Spoilers from Coby"
On sucks, Coby Archa (Palau) is posting some info...he said he will not post (specific) boot info, but is relaying other info, such as:

Okay the first cast spoiler I will say I am 100% on...

I have then been giving the rest of the cast list from very very very good sources so I will mark this 99%...

Joel, a fireman, Kathy, Mary, Natalie, Alexis and Tracy

add in Curt and Truck and that should be the whole new tribe except 1.

Smokedog: Coby added that Mary has fake breasts (he didn't use the word breasts ) but I deleted that from above.

He also added, and I'm paraphrasing:
- this season will be good
- some of our favorites go early but some make it near the end
- Coby was cut (I thought he said no thanks, but I guess CBS did)
- someone on the show tried to cut their fingers off with a machete (?)
- The theme of the season is superfans vs. alumni

12-05-07, 07:16 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
- Coby was cut (I thought he said no thanks, but I guess CBS did)

Twila, Terry, Coby, and Yul all but had their bags packed for Palau after being told several months earlier that they would be employed for the gig. At the last minute CBS called and told them to stand down, that they had gone in a different direction. It was frustrating and very disappointing I'm sure.

12-05-07, 08:58 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
Do you suppose the "different direction" was to have only half of the cast as all-stars? Maybe they couldn't get enough all-stars, so decided to go half and half.

Should be an interesting experiment. We recall from the last all-stars that when they were all returning players, they booted the previous winners early. Then Stephanie lasted right to the end, despite being a returnee and somewhat a threat. What will half and half do??

12-05-07, 09:56 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-07 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

Smokedog,

When I first saw the message from Oz in August, I was really excited about the possiblility of a Season with three returning players from each of Pearl Islands, Vanuatu, Palau, Guatemala, Exile Island, Cook Islands and Fiji split between three tribes so that no two from the same Season would be together. At least, initially.

Now, I'm not sure how I feel about the half-arsed sideshow (lacking only a ticket booth and an exotic genetic blend) that it would seem will soon appear on my screen.

But I'm pretty damned sure that it isn't excited.

ETA: Thank you for posting the information. It was the message, not the messenger ...

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-05-07, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
Ami?????? Eliza??????? In what alternate dimension are these people All-Stars? Hey, why not Lil? And another season of Fairplay? I can only hope he's the first boot.

Ozzy! Ozzy! Ozzy! I loves me some Ozzy.

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-07, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
MB and company love Eliza. Only contestant who did commentary on all episodes that they did it on for the DVD box set.

Really Ami? I consider Ami to be one of the best female players ever. When we did the "who should be an all-star" thread in fanatics, Ami was my #1 "want" female and she was on almost everyones list. She got a bad edit in Vanuatu.

With ya on Fairplay, hope the weasel is first out! And Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy, Oy, Oy, Oy!

12-05-07, 10:13 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
SO, is OZZY really going to be in S16???? I saw the list over at Skills, here??? I AM PSYCHED!!!! Let that season BEGIN!!!!

southpaw 547 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-07, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail southpaw Click to send private message to southpaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
I'm I the only one that isn't trilled with Parvati, Jonathan, and James being on the next survivor. So many other people that I felt played I better game and deserved another chance. The rest I can deal with but I hope those three are gone soon..

12-07-07, 11:17 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Spoilers from Coby"
Supposedley Candice was wanted, but she couldn't miss med school so they took Parvati instead.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-08-07, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Q?"
Seriously?

It's been a while indeed.

Please come back from wherever you have been.

Christmasized by the one and only Sharnina

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-13-07, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Q?"
Were am I now? The answer to that is BUENOS AIRES. Greetings from ARGENTINA and Summer all over again. I am down here for work and vacation. Head back to the states on the 16th of December. Trying to see the new Presidente Christina. She is the wife of the former Presidente.

One thing about Argentina, they love to protest. Hope all is well, I have been down here since December 5th, so I have missed the last episode and tonight is the finale. I will have to watch it on Tivo when I get back.

Dan 'aka' Q

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-05-08, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Q?"
I sent you a pm.

12-13-07, 02:08 PM (EST)
54. "CAST REVEAL - Thursday, Jan 3"
We'll know for sure who made the cut!!

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-20-07, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Survivor 16 in Palau and is second All Stars?"
I really hope Eliza makes it. Not because I was a fan of her particularly(nor did i particularly disliek her either), but for some more hillarious "Don't you ever shut up" moments from James at tribal councils. Eliza on all star enhances James' funny as an allstar.

Signature given to me by tribephyl in an attempt to make me less boring.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-07, 08:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "If that list is accurate . . . "
There are two things that really, really irritate me and make me want to wring MB's neck:

First, the inclusion of that scumbag Fairplay. He should never be allowed on our television sets EVER and absolutely never allowed to compete in my fave reality show Survivor. Fairplay brings Survivor down, IMO.

Second, how could they drop Terry like that (supposedly at the last minute)? If anyone deserved to be on an all-stars it is most definitely Terry. Bad move, MB. I guess they dropped Terry for Ozzy & James, as they probably felt it would be stacking the cards too much to have 3 super survivors on one tribe. How great would it be to have a tribe with Terry, Ozzy & James wiping the island floor with all the other competitors? I would have loved to see what would happen as it got down to the F6, 5, 4, etc and how Terry v Ozzy v James would do in their scramble to make F3. As much as I like to laugh at the crazies who attempt Survivor, I enjoy the competitiveness the most. Boo on you, MB.

Lastly, I could have done without Parvati and, in all honesty, Amanda. Amanda was one of my faves this season, but in the last couple of weeks, she disappointed me so much. I don't think she deserves an All-Star spot after her horrible FTC performance, the fact that she didn't bother to make any real connections with anyone (until the very end with PG & Denise, only to stab them in the back) and I've been disappointed in Amanda's attitude in interviews now that the season is over. I truly expected more from her and I hope she snaps out of her "sour grapes" attitude.

I guess if Parvati & Amanda were cast to fill the "beauty" quotient, I can understand why they were asked, especially Amanda. I would have rather had Sally in Parvati's spot, though. Sally was a Survivor fan, was a fighter, great personality, cute and over-the-knee socks.

Right now my dream would be James & Yau-man making a F2 alliance and going all the way.

CONGRATULATIONS TODD. I'm glad your dream came true in such a huge way.
Thanks for helping make Survivor China so much fun to watch.

12-20-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
58. "RE: If that list is accurate . . . "
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-07 AT 10:53 AM (EST)

>I guess if Parvati & Amanda were cast to fill the "beauty" quotient

Word on the street is that Candice was the first choice as Cook Islands female rep, but due to med school she couldn't go so they settled for Parvati.

Same for Amanda, Courtney and Peih-Gee were allegedley asked first, with Amanda getting the spot by default.

If true, this kind of reminds me of the first AllStars, when Elisabeth and Colleen couldn't/wouldn't go, so they took Amber and Jenna L - who eventually finished 1st and 3rd!

edit to add: I'm sure another reason for Amanda getting on was so that fan favorite James would have a chance for 'revenge' against her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •