The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
From TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx

Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest

It's way too early to get visits from home and Survivor likes the mushy scenes with husbands, wifes and moms too much to invite only friends. So what could this mean? On the other hand, not all titles make sense: Anyone catch the episode #6 title quote during the show? I'll have to watch again but I don't remember anything about love making someone strong.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... KObrien_fan 10-26-07 1
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... vince3 10-26-07 2
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... michel 10-26-07 3
 CBS Misdirection Chez 11-02-07 4
   RE: CBS Misdirection michel 11-02-07 5
   RE: CBS Misdirection Georgianna 11-06-07 13
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... ohmyheck 11-02-07 6
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... Scarlett O Hara 11-03-07 7
   Two Bags. mattben 11-03-07 8
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... Flowerpower 11-05-07 10
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... Flowerpower 11-05-07 9
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... CattyChat 11-05-07 11
       RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... Flowerpower 11-05-07 12
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... Estee 11-06-07 14
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 T... CattyChat 11-06-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-07, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
After James received the HII from Todd and their pow wow by the steps, James playfully punches Todd in the arm. Todd replies "You almost killed me with that" To which James responded "That's love baby, it will hurt you" or whatever the exact title was.

All I can think of with this title is the "cliques" that are in High School are going to play out within the "cliques" of the alliance. I can see Courtney saying this title.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-07, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
James said the quote, and it even got subtitled, after he gave the clue to Todd and nearly killed him with a shoulder smack.

I think the title might just refer to a reaction to the results of a coconut chop type RC.

10-26-07, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
Thanks KO and Vince, I'd forgotten that remark!

I want to point out that TV Guide has no quotation marks: It's Not "High school.." so maybe not a quote by anyone. That's why I'm thinking it comes into from a challenge or something.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-02-07, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "CBS Misdirection"
While everyone is sound asleep, one castaway begins searching for the Hidden Immunity Idol, collecting random items in the desperate hope that one of them might be it.

One castaway becomes the Godfather after threatening a supposed ally not to double-cross him.

Overconfidence takes over the castaways, as seven of nine arrive at Tribal Council with no bags. Will one of them be sent home without their belongings?

Curious - the first two of these almost sound like they are repeats of this past week (Jaime riffling through James' stuff after dark; Jean-Robert threatening Todd).

I think Jean Robert repeats the threat this week.

Probably only Eric and PeeGee bring their bags to Tribal Council.

11-02-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS Misdirection"
Jean Robert is one castaway that has no idea about the clues for the idols and would be frantic to find it. Peih Gee also, of course, except we don't know if Jaime told her anything.

Chez, I think you have the other two.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-06-07, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CBS Misdirection"
The ‘spoiled’ boot list currently has it that the upcoming Episode features John-Robert’s last ante. But does anyone else find the CBS fascination with the location of the ‘belongings’ of a blindsided Jean-Robert (or with the location of any other departed contestant’s personal possessions) … odd?

Of what possible interest to them or to us is this bit of extraneous ho-hummery?

Unless the ‘belongings’ included two Hidden Immunity Idols that had not been played and the assumption that as went James so must the Idols have gone is … wrong.

So, could the spoilers be just as wrong? Is James, much to the delight of the players who first noticed (or who previously surmised) that his bag – and Idols – had not disappeared from the shelter in their absence, not only this week’s boot but also one of the seven? Or could the snippet be intended to tease us with the possibility that the vivid example of the permanent separation of his stuff from the snuffed Jean-Robert became the genesis of yet another – new and improved – plot. As in: ‘Holy Hae Da Fung! Let’s get rid of James and keep the Idols!’

Or – once fully appreciated – irony of ironies, could a booted James have been one of the two Survivors who did bring their ‘belongings’ with them to this Episode's Tribal Council?

Note: Somewhere out there I ran across the suggestion/speculation (that is becoming more plausible with each passing Thursday) that James’ grave mistake – not playing an Idol when he should have – was set up by a staged scene between Peih-Gee and Courtney that led him to believe that the former was the evening’s target and that his Idols could therefore be saved (perhaps, left smugly and snugly in camp) for a more ominous night.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-02-07, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
I would imagine the title comes after or during the usual coconut-chop-challenge. I would guess that it comes from Courtney.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-03-07, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
So is this the "alliances revealed" episode? Coconut chop?

I'm guessing that Peih Gee will be desparately seeking the idol this week; Jean-Robert threatens Todd yet again; and all but Peih-Gee and Eric go to TC without their packed bags ... guess that means that one will be going home WITHOUT their belongings. It's got to be Jean-Robert this week, IMHO.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-07, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Two Bags. "
My first thought logic says it's PG and Eric bringing their bags, not counting on Frosti anymore. If James doesn't bring his, does that mean that Todd's scheme of blindsiding James will work?

If I were James I'd be packing an HII. Of course, he could just stuff it down his pants, giving more credit to his hard body physique.

censored "two bags" off-color joke.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
So is this the "alliances revealed" episode? Coconut chop?

According to TV Guide, the alliance revealing challenge is for Nov 15, and they win a boat trip...

The only challenge I can see is the old recrap of James throwing off all of the daws on the boat, last man standing....old stuff. No challenge shots so far, perhaps it's a boring puzzle or two?

11-05-07, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
Survivor China: One lucky reward winner gets an invitation to the party of the year! Well at least it seems like the party of the year if your stuck in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but collect water and firewood for hours at a time.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
This clue makes me think James wins the reward. He's the hardest worker out there. That could also prompt the talk by Todd to blindside James sooner rather than later, as he can pow-wow with James away at a reward and it is a reminder that James is going to be hard to beat in challenges.

Survivor China ~~ Black Fighting Wind ~~ really, guys??

11-05-07, 02:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
Nice Siggy, Catty! Yep, I agree, that little blurb about just collecting firewood and water all day does sound like it's clearly James....and then in the vidcaps we have shots of James chopping wood....

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
I'd say Courtney is the High School Friend in question: she's probably about to go on a 'you don't really love me!' rant to most of the tribe about Jean-Robert. As in 'Now that we've got majority and James has the idols, you don't have an excuse for keeping him any more!'

It shouldn't occupy more than forty minutes of screen time.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-07, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #8 Title: High School Friend Contest"
This is a tough one this week, with no video/pics of any challenges. I really do think James wins reward, based on the quote about it being a party if all you've been doing is gathering wood, etc.

I think the blindsiding of James is the red herring this week. I am conflicted by the previews of Todd scheming to take out James & both idols. I admit, it is brilliant, but it is TOO SOON. I think Todd starts talking about booting James now, which is not well-received by Amanda and Courtney and Todd backs down off of the idea.

As Peih-Gee is noted to make a "power play" and with the misdirection clues pointing towards JR as rooting around for idols & making threats -- that's all that Todd needs to change gears and get rid of the loose cannon and boot JR now. Todd still needs the numbers of his alliance to make it to F3. Booting James now will surely tick off Denise; and Courtney's one-track mind is to oust JR, so Todd needs to keep her in line as well.

A James boot this week doesn't fit, if the spoiled F3 are correct.

Survivor China ~~ Black Fighting Wind ~~ really, guys??

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •