The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-07, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 07:49 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 07:44 PM (EST)

Please keep your speculations regarding which species, Dragon or Tiger, gets to eat one of it's own tonight here. Sig-free, please.

Edit again to say Nevermind.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Estee 10-11-07 1
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Rebel Crown 10-11-07 2
 Amazon echoes. Estee 10-11-07 3
   RE: Amazon echoes. CTgirl 10-12-07 44
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 4
 For the first time in series histor... Estee 10-11-07 5
   RE: For the first time in series hi... keezrfan 10-12-07 45
 At least Dave's consistent. Estee 10-11-07 6
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Rebel Crown 10-11-07 7
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 8
   RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Estee 10-11-07 11
 Production triumph, contestant idio... Estee 10-11-07 9
   RE: Production triumph, contestant ... vince3 10-11-07 38
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Scarlett O Hara 10-11-07 10
 reward challenge= why not Courtney... lynkfri13 10-11-07 12
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 13
 Sun Tzu quotes... Estee 10-11-07 14
   RE: Sun Tzu quotes... Snidget 10-11-07 26
       RE: Sun Tzu quotes... Tenorsaxy 10-11-07 41
           RE: Sun Tzu quotes... michel 10-11-07 42
           RE: Sun Tzu quotes... Snidget 10-12-07 43
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 15
   RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Estee 10-11-07 17
 State of the Mysticwolf Estee 10-11-07 16
   RE: State of the Mysticwolf mysticwolf 10-11-07 18
 Character developments! Estee 10-11-07 19
   RE: Character developments! michel 10-11-07 39
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 20
 Regurgitating birds Rebel Crown 10-11-07 21
   RE: Regurgitating birds mysticwolf 10-11-07 24
       RE: Regurgitating birds Estee 10-11-07 27
           RE: Regurgitating birds PepeLePew13 10-11-07 35
               RE: Regurgitating birds Estee 10-11-07 37
       RE: Regurgitating birds michel 10-11-07 40
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... Estee 10-11-07 22
 So much for Production's perfect ga... Estee 10-11-07 23
 Sherea's work ethic lynkfri13 10-11-07 25
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 28
 Some new bugs Rebel Crown 10-11-07 29
   RE: Some new bugs mysticwolf 10-11-07 34
 Too quiet... Estee 10-11-07 30
   RE: Too quiet... lynkfri13 10-11-07 32
 RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast ... mysticwolf 10-11-07 31
 Dave's final words. Estee 10-11-07 33
 Live-post episode chat -- Estee 10-11-07 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Jean-Robert has started Phase 2 of his plan, which is 'Begin to work.'

Courtney has started Phase 2 of her plan, which is 'Phase.' I think she's actually beginning to go immaterial...

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Thanks for starting this, Mystic!

Starting with JR explains why he's still there, his strategy-coming from last, slowly getting past everyone. Work ethic gets better, then yells at Courtney, who says she doesn't like getting yelled at.

Cue opening credits.

10-11-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Amazon echoes."
I'm starting to get a major Matthew vibe off Crazy Dave right now, and it's only partially because he's trying to save something for his mother. (And note that he's still working on the fire pit.)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Amazon echoes."
The machete in his hand added to the crazy Matthew vibe.

10-11-07, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Let's play with fire in return for fishing lessons and spices.

10-11-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
5. "For the first time in series history..."
...we have a night challenge. Not one that started in the day and enduranced its way into the dark: beginning after sunset. And no night vision: firelight.

About time.

keezrfan 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-07, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keezrfan Click to send private message to keezrfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: For the first time in series history..."
>...we have a night challenge.
>Not one that started in
>the day and enduranced its
>way into the dark:
>beginning after sunset. And
>no night vision: firelight.
>
>
>About time.
>

I don't think it's the first one....if I remember correctly, there was one in Austrailia, which led to Colby winning, I think it was when they got down to final 6. It involved a ropes course and blindfolds.

10-11-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
6. "At least Dave's consistent."
He couldn't handle a giant log, and now he can't handle a giant chopstick. Length's just a major problem for Dave, isn't it?

10-11-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Sherea and Dave argue over shells; I don't know why. Dave was saving them, Sherea says if he doesn't listen to her, why should she listen to him.

Challenge is Sticks with fireballs. JR and James very close to winning....FL wins reward.

They kidnap Dave. Another gratuitous shot of Amanda. Kinda reminds me of the shots of Danni thrown in for no apparent reason. Hmmmm....

10-11-07, 07:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
FL kidnap Dave. Why anyone'd want him is beyond me.

10-11-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
They may have IDed him as the (dubious) Tiger leader.

Or someone likes older men. Take your pick, really.

10-11-07, 07:58 PM (EST)
9. "Production triumph, contestant idiocy."
Credit to the challenge staff: visually, that one was beautiful. From the firelighting to the fireworks going off whenever a point was scored, this challenge just worked on the screen. That's been a rarity lately -- congratulations for pulling one off.

On the other hand, Dave was just extra-stupid. While the Tigers don't know Leslie was just voted off for being too friendly with the other tribe, you'd think it might be somewhere on the suspicion list -- and what does he do five seconds after they kidnap him? Kiss up. Literally. While still in full Tiger sight. The rest of his tribe may have gotten a night off from fire pit worship, but it's also a night to think about what they just saw.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Production triumph, contestant idiocy."
I think it helped that they taped the RC on July 4th........

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-11-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
RC at TC. Must pick up fireballs with chopsticks and carry to a shoot that will ignite a wok of fireworks.

Oh, what a surprise!! Fei Long wins! Reward is a Chinese fishing family will visit camp and teach them how to fish. They kidnap Dave.

lynkfri13 224 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-11-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "reward challenge= why not Courtney?"
I know they won, and it's hard to argue with success, but why oh why would they choose to sit Courtney out in reward challenge, knowing now they HAVE to use her in immunity challenge??

Especially since this wasn't a brute strength challenge, but more coordination and cooperation, which Courtney MIGHT be able to do?

Anyone else think this is crazy?

BTW= why kidnap Dave??

10-11-07, 08:01 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
The scenery shots of the area and wildlife. Yeah. More than anything else I think that's what keeps me watching Survivor.

10-11-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
14. "Sun Tzu quotes..."
There was one at the top of Dave's instructions. Anyone get a good look at it?

Dave thinks he's on vacation. He should only know how his tribe feels.

And the clue goes to -- Todd, with the understanding that the Tigers will kidnap Todd next, and Todd will then give Dave the clue. Right -- good luck with that. And now Todd has three clues to the hidden idol, and just said 'ticket to a million dollars'. Uh-oh...

I love all these monkey shots -- but I'm wondering if they have an extra significance, given the setting. Trickster king?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Sun Tzu quotes..."
I'm not sure what all the monkey signifies.

The bat for the immunity idol makes sense as bats are good luck in China, not evil like they tend to be in the west.

What I remember of the five animal frolics Qi Gong is that the monkey is about balance of giving and receiving which might fit in with the I give you a clue you give me a clue.

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-11-07, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Sun Tzu quotes..."

>What I remember of the five
>animal frolics Qi Gong is
>that the monkey is about
>balance of giving and receiving
>which might fit in with
>the I give you a
>clue you give me a
>clue.

I'm not familiar with Qi Gong, but I'm assuming it is a martial art. I used to take Kenpo Karate...the crane represented balance and the monkey chaos/confusion/distraction.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Sun Tzu quotes..."
>"the monkey chaos/confusion/distraction."

Thank you. It was confusing me as the monkeys appeared at odd moments, sometimes good, sometimes bad and never associated with the same player. It all makes sense now.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Sun Tzu quotes..."
Qi Gong is energy work, you can have martial Qi Gong's (I know a set that by legend is the foundation of Sholin Kung Fu) but a lot of them are for medical and health maintenance purposes.

Monkeys in the give and take will do whatever needs to be done to make sure they get as much as they give, yet for all their chaos they have a strong sense of fairness. In Qi Gong for health reasons you wouldn't want to create chaos but would focus on the balance where you don't give more than you take. If you don't make sure you get yours, but give too much you will not maintain your health.

It is hard to know which aspect of an animal's mythology might be the reason for a particular animal shot and since most animals in China have several versions/aspects depending on what they are being used to symbolize.

In the zodiac people born in monkey years are described like this (from chineseastrology.com):
The youthful and clever Monkey is the eternal child of the Eastern zodiac. These highly diverse and bright souls are 'irrepressible.' Monkeys are quick, restless, enterprising, and sexual. Mischievous and high-spirited, Monkeys are social, active, convincing, and are gifted with a hilarious sense of humor. Imagination, ingenuity, and resourcefulness characterize those born into a year of the multifaceted Monkey. Versatile, curious and easily bored, impish Monkeys are witty companions, indulgent, intelligent, and always ready to play

I did the chinese zodiac for these survivors and Erik is the only one that is a monkey. http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/6769.shtml#3

10-11-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Gee. Seems Dave, in his absence, has proven his worth to his tribe. They're pretty much lost without him.

10-11-07, 08:11 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
They're motivated by their dislike!

Sherea is apparently motivated by the challenges. And absolutely nothing else.

10-11-07, 08:10 PM (EST)
16. "State of the Mysticwolf"
You're pretty much going to be good for nothing for the rest of the night after those fishing bird shots, aren't you?

10-11-07, 08:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Mysticwolf"
*snort* I've seen it before. It's still pretty cool to watch.

10-11-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
19. "Character developments!"
Jean-Robert speaks Mandarin! James hears instant offense!

Production's having a really good episode, aren't they? Again, visually (and this time, culturally), that was one of the best rewards ever -- and may be the best in a season or two. Have a local family drop by and show you how to fish, fine. But for the newness and beauty of it -- great, great segment.

It does bring up the question of what 'teach you how to fish' is supposed to mean here, though. Unless I missed something major, they didn't get to keep any of the avian assistants. 'Okay. We know we need a bird. Now what?'

10-11-07, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Character developments!"
Do parrots fish?

10-11-07, 08:15 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

Sheesh. WTH is up with James? Who knew Jean-Robert spoke Mandarin? Seems to be quite helpful that he remembers it after all these years. But James gets all PO'd because he's translating things the fisherman's family is asking them to do? Dude. Get over it.

ETF name.

10-11-07, 08:15 PM (EST)
21. "Regurgitating birds"
So, do they stay with the tribe or what? Or will they have to train their own?

10-11-07, 08:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Regurgitating birds"
I sure wouldn't let any of these idiots have one of my birds. They'd either end up tying the string around their crop too tightly strangling them, or they'd get frustrated and eat the bird.

10-11-07, 08:29 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Regurgitating birds"
Oh, come on. Who would be crazy enough to officially install an avain tribe member in the fourth episode of a season?

...wait a minute...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Regurgitating birds"
Ahhh, I've missed Pelican Pete. Wonder how he's doing these days...

10-11-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Regurgitating birds"
And let's not forget Clarence's pet chickens!

10-11-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Regurgitating birds"
>"they'd get frustrated and eat the bird."

Wait. Is StepheME on this season?

10-11-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Courtney is once again available for a highly physical challenge -- and this time, she's going to be wearing armor. Armor which may effectively double her body weight.

Comedy time.

10-11-07, 08:22 PM (EST)
23. "So much for Production's perfect game."
The slow-motion weapon focus-in-flight shots? Really, really annoying. Decent challenge, but all the F/X did was waste a few seconds of airtime.

So the Dragons win, and the Tigers can't even begin to think about getting rid of the sudden challenge force that is Jaime. (Two with one shot? Imagine how she does with flies.) So it's Sherea vs. Dave vs. The (Censored) Obvious. Let's see which one goes out. Of course, if they get rid of Dave, they may not be motivated enough to cast another vote...

10-11-07, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lynkfri13 Click to send private message to lynkfri13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Sherea's work ethic"
With the tribe's workhorse gone... Sherea thinks it's time to snooze?

Has she been training at the Jean Robert school of strategy?

10-11-07, 08:29 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
I soooo totally would like to be the nature photographer on this show. Loved the preying mantis with the grasshopper during Sherea's confessional. And, may I just say she really needs to go, IMO, and I'm a little afraid of the thought of her as a teacher.

10-11-07, 08:30 PM (EST)
29. "Some new bugs"
Two black beetle-type things, then a praying mantis grasping a grasshopper. Anyone keeping treack of the animals?

Dave feels a new vibe at camp, fears he may get voted out because of his absence. TC between Dave and Sherea.

10-11-07, 08:37 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Some new bugs"
The beetles are called Rhinoscerous Beetles.

10-11-07, 08:33 PM (EST)
30. "Too quiet..."
Just about a silent vote there...

Votes:

Dave
Sherea
Dave
Dave (and no doubt now)
Dave

So let's see if this tribe can be bothered to get out of their Council seats and leave. But in the debate between camp work and challenge energy, the later won -- if anyone can motivate themselves to get the Tree Mail announcing a challenge.

10-11-07, 08:36 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Too quiet..."
And Sherea will now reveal the secret of keeping water boiling without any human effort or intervention.

This will allow a complete focus on challenges... unless they forfeit by sleeping through the start time of the next challenge.

10-11-07, 08:34 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor China Ep 4 East Coast Discussion Thread"
Sharia lives for the challenges. That's why she doesn't work around camp. She conserves her strength so they can win challenges.

Um, Sharia? You're at tribal council because YOU DIDN'T WIN THE CHALLENGE! DUH!

Nevertheless, they vote off Dave. Next week the tribe will succumb to dysentery and die.

10-11-07, 08:37 PM (EST)
33. "Dave's final words."
He thought he was humble.

He thought he listened.

I think it'll take a while before I stop laughing at Captain Delusion.

10-11-07, 08:39 PM (EST)
36. "Live-post episode chat --"
-- in the Live Chat room (left sidebar, Other Fun, Live Chat, enable Java and use the AyaK's room).

That's right: we're all going to Council!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •