The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Presses again... 3bigshows.com"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-22-01, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Presses again... 3bigshows.com"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-01 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

It's so close to showtime that probably no one will change their votes... and, this is probably, like the Nick "spoiler," completely unhelpful, but I feel it never hurts to point out published rumors. Why the hell would CBS be broadcasting the show on ANY feed before showtime though?

From 3bigshows.com:

CBS Satellite Misfeed?
February 22, 2001
By: C. Brian Devinney

Did a satellite user accidentally catch the final ten (albeit scrambled) minutes of this week’s Survivor episode?

If you believe his story and you don’t want to know who potentially may be given the boot, then don’t read beyond this sentence. If you want to hear what be yet another internet Survivor hoax, charge forward!

According to the SurvivorSucks.com message boards, a user by the name Jeremy claimed to watch the final ten minutes of Survivor during a transmission earlier this week. Although the transmission was by his own admission scrambled and without sound, he claims to have seen software executive Michael Skupin get this week’s eviction notice.

In his post he claims that Michael, Rodger, and Elisabeth all vote for Alicia while Nick, Kimmi, Alicia, and Jeff vote for Michael.

Whether or not this is true remains to be seen. Internet spoilers abounded during the first season of Survivor with little or no validity.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 BS Siebured 02-22-01 1
 Piled higher and Deeper (Ph. D.) AyatollahKhomeini 02-22-01 2
 RE: Presses again... 3bigshows.com DivaByTheSea 02-22-01 3
 RE: Presses again... 3bigshows.com SurvivorBlows 02-22-01 4
   I agree with SB.... shakes the clown 02-22-01 5
       I agree, also, SB... tari32 02-22-01 6
       RE: I agree with SB.... jtmorgan61 02-23-01 7
       To clarify... SurvivorBlows 02-23-01 8
           RE: To clarify... Minstrel 02-23-01 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Siebured 83 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Siebured Click to send private message to Siebured Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "BS"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-01 AT 05:55 PM (EST)

As one of the miniscule minority that voted for Mike tonight, I wanted to say that I saw this guys post and it was BS.

I do know a little about satellite technology and I know that
it's virtually impossible to pick up an errant broadcast signal with an 18" dish and a DirecTv receiver. The small circuit cards you insert into the reciever block all the channels you are not allowed to receive. (there are ways around that, like a test card, but i'm sure he doesn't know) Maybe if the guy had a big, ugly, adjustable, 3 meter dish with a multiple band reciever he might have been able to pick up something. Even then I doubt it.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. All the trolls are starting to piss me off.

For the record, I voted Mike 'cause I think he hurts his hands after the boot.

jt, I wasn't refering to you as a troll, I'm refering to people that post lies intentionally.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-22-01, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Piled higher and Deeper (Ph. D.)"
>I feel it never hurts to point out published rumors.

I don't know that I agree. It seems to me that the more you publicize trolls (even to flame them), the more you encourage them. Does anyone else remember survivor_tribal_council (or survivor_tribal_council_2, as he was known over here)?

"Society's goal is to be part of the whole. That may sound good to you, not to me." -- P.F. Sloan

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-22-01, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Presses again... 3bigshows.com"
Ok. Reaction--put tongue out of mouth, blow, making silly zerbert noise.

That felt better.

And that article from 3bigshows gave me a good laugh, particularly after having just seen Skanki get the boot. (no offense jt)

d

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-22-01, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Presses again... 3bigshows.com"
Man, I'm sorry, but these other sites really seem to be running with any piece of junk that gets posted or emailed to them by some anonymous user... don't they even TRY to filter things or act responsibly?

- SurvivorSucks two weeks ago is "reporting Rodger is seen in NYC" and is getting booted
- SurvivorNews was passing along his exclusive hot tip that Nick left class on Wednesday
- 3BigShows is promoting this SS troll from a couple of days ago (which if you read the thread was OBVIOUS the guy was a fake)

It's stuff like this that is making all the Survivor sites as a whole suffer from a loss of credibility -- these guys are all trying so hard to one-up each other, they are making us all look foolish. ...we're all quickly falling below the National Equirer on the credibility perception scale.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-01, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I agree with SB...."
...the spoiler board is for posting clues, i.e. hints from interviews, Vid Caps and informed speculation......it's not a place for obvious bullshit "i know the winner" posts. People post these ridiculous lies rom ohter websites here under the logic that it doesn't hurt to post it on the off chance that it proves right. Well, the first problem with that logic is that THEY ARE NEVER RIGHT so why on Earth would anyone post it and secondly, by posting this crap, you give these liars the only thing they really want....ATTENTION, and that encourages them to come up with more bullshit posts.

People need to realize that the fun of the spoiler board is the hunt itself, and us hardcore "hunters" hve more fun piecing together clues for the week in an attempt to get in a position where we can make an educated guess as to what happens, we find no pleasure in debating the validity of these "wild goose chase" posts.

Since we can't stoo people from making ##### up, the way that I am going to start dealing with the problem is to all out FLAME the messanger, the person who posts it on this forum.....The defense of "I saw it posted already on another website so I figured what was the harm in putting it here." As I stated earlier, there is a "harm" in re-posting it here....and it affects the credibility of this site...notice how just about every site except survivorblows has already been associated with promoting a complete bullshit spoiler...I take pride in teh fact that we won't give lip service to such bullshit.

-shakes

tari32 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-22-01, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tari32 Click to send private message to tari32 Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "I agree, also, SB..."
You are both so right, some of the boards make UFO-abductee's look rational. Tonight on SS I noticed a post from a person who's Uncle's friend supposedly works for MB Production. The mysterious friend claims to edit the hours of raw footage.
This post had "summaries" for the rest of the episodes, including tonights. The sad thing is Kimmi was not his pick.
The saddest thing is 62 replies were written to that silly post...

jtmorgan61 91 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-01, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jtmorgan61 Click to send private message to jtmorgan61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I agree with SB...."
Points taken. I'll stop posting things like this now. Hope people aren't too upset with me.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-01, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "To clarify..."

Just to clarify -- I don't have any problem with people "passing along" these things and mentioning them here... once they are posted it only takes us a second to ID them as junk, and on the off chance one of these "scoops" is legit, we won't have even have heard about it if we were to try and ban the mere mentioning them.

...passing these things along is fine with me -- the point I was trying to make was that I can't believe SS, SurvivorNews, and 3BS's are giving these things an air of perceived legitimacy by pulling them from the general message board or email inbox and posting specific articles and detailing them.

Geez, if I posted every email we received as a "hot rumor" -- forget it -- we gets probably a couple of dozen of these a week.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-23-01, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: To clarify..."
Well said SB and others. We do need to look at new spoilers, but once we have identified something as false, let's move on! I've see other sites (not popular obviously) in my search for spoiler clues, that are still running Kel spoilers claiming he had beef jerky and the tribe votes him off BECAUSE of it! (Pass my rosary please, I need it now!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •