The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-07, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
From TV Guide:

Some castaways fear alliances will be broken after a tribal switch occurs.

A physical attraction between two players occurs and leads to the revelation that a hidden immunity idol exists.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... tribephyl 10-07-07 1
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... michel 10-07-07 2
       RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... tribephyl 10-08-07 4
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... southpaw 10-07-07 3
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... Georgianna 10-09-07 5
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... flystorms 10-09-07 6
       RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... Georgianna 10-09-07 7
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... PepeLePew13 10-09-07 8
   RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... CTgirl 10-09-07 9
       RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... michel 10-09-07 10
           RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... CTgirl 10-09-07 11
               RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... jd8855 10-10-07 12
                   Jamie & Eric lovebirds link mommy0f4 10-11-07 13
                       RE: Jamie & Eric lovebirds link Flowerpower 10-11-07 15
                           RE: Jamie & Eric lovebirds link PepeLePew13 10-11-07 18
           RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... Flowerpower 10-11-07 16
 RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 T... Georgianna 10-11-07 14
 Alternate theory. Estee 10-11-07 17
 CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 Chez 10-12-07 19
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 KObrien_fan 10-12-07 20
       RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 byoffer 10-12-07 21
           RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 KObrien_fan 10-12-07 22
               RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 byoffer 10-12-07 23
                   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5 KObrien_fan 10-12-07 24
 TV Guide Magazine Highlights CTgirl 10-14-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-07, 06:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
ooo...fun fun.

Jaime is the only one so far to have been given a clue and stands any chance of forming a reciprocative attraction towards another survivor. (Barring the receiver of the clue in ep.4)
Todd, although he has a clue, is NOT going to form a physical attraction to another player.

Plus, the wording (and the editing so far) would lead me to believe that the pair of attractants are from opposing tribes but are now, because of the switch, placed on the same tribe.
Making my own judgements on Jaime's likes and dislikes I imagine that since she asked about Aaron, while Leslie was the kidnappee, that Jaime might be interested in him. Also that their pairing and the revelation of a hidden immunity could lead to one of them getting the boot.

Also, the use of broken alliances, when the only alliance we've seen so far is between Tood, Amanda and Aaron, seems to point to one of these three being in danger come the tribal switch.
And unless Amanda gets a clue, or Todd finds another homosexual, then Aaron's our "broken" alliance member.

10-07-07, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
LAST EDITED ON 10-07-07 AT 11:53 AM (EST)

Interesting, I hadn't thought of a cross-tribe love affair. I'd like to point out though, that Jaime asked about Todd. Dave was the one that asked about Aaron! Jaime only wondered if Aaron was smart after Leslie told them he was their leader. It was more gameplay than interest, I thought.

If you read my editing analysis, I think the love affair is Jaime and Erik. They're often together and the hug they shared returning to camp seemed telling.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-07, 05:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
Huh. I hadn't noticed their closeness and I guess I figured, if love hadn't bloomed in 15 someodd days into the whole shebang between current tribemates, then it probably wouldn't . However, with a switch comes new people they hadn't reacted with yet and love could bloom specially if someone's holding slight affections for opposing tribemembers. (What's that about Dave liking Aaron?)
BUT. Now that you point out that Jaime and Erik have been seen getting closer than I'll keep my eye on it.

That & I will go read the editing thread just so I'm completely caught up with everyone's ideas. I'm newish back into the spoiling arena, spending my survivor season going spoiler free.
But the current situation with the Leslie boot resparked something in me.

southpaw 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-07-07, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail southpaw Click to send private message to southpaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
I do believe I read in another post that the switch is 2 for 2. I also think that Aaron will switch tribes, its the only logic reason that most spoilers have him out of the game so early. Now the question is who are the other 3 players to switch teams? I do believe Phee-gee will be one of them, because she is believed to have advanced far into the game. I just do see her doing that if she stays on her current tribe.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
I have an overactive imagination.

That said, please bear with me a moment while I weave multiple fanciful strands into one (I hope) coherent thought.

Strand One: Even though gay romances (or ‘attractions’) have begun/occurred during the filming of past Seasons, Survivor has never, as I recall, aired evidence of their existence.

Strand Two: Even though the show’s producers have never let us doubt that crude language is part and parcel of the Survivor experience, I can’t recall hearing verbiage as raw as Jean-Robert used during his conjecture of James’ attraction to Courtney before last week’s Episode.

Strand Three: In her exit interviews, Leslie has attributed the abrupt reversal of her relationship with James to the change in his personality brought about by hunger: that his relationships with all of his tribemates soured … simultaneously. But, James’ attack on Leslie during his conversation with Jean-Robert was very personal and very narrowly-focused: ‘The ones that pray the most sin the most; that’s why they praying; they know they are going to hell’.

Strand Four: In one of Leslie’s post-boot interviews, her comments concerning her relationship with Todd could be construed (and were, by the interviewer) to – very obliquely – associate homosexuality with sin.

Note: And, of course, I cannot find that reference now. So, I’m hoping that some of you will be able to help locate the interview.

Strand Five: James’ reaction to Jean-Robert’s suggestion that the former was sexually attracted to Courtney was viscerally … negative.

Strand Six: It is rumored that James finds the HII. Or, at least, is, at some point, in possession of it.

Strand Seven: I can think of very few plausible reasons why any other Survivor would share information about, or possession of, the HII with James. Sexual attraction/emotional infatuation is one of them.

So, is it possible that it was necessary for the producers to so graphically present the James/Jean-Robert conversation in order to set the stage for a James/Todd 'physical attraction’ ?

Con

In a Season now so thoroughly ‘spoiled’, I can’t imagine how such a titillating sidebar has escaped revelation.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
Was it this interview on the main page?
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-leslie-nease-talks-about-her-survivor-china-experience-5881.php

10-09-07, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-07 AT 02:57 PM (EST)

Hello, flystorms ...

Thank you.

But, although in ...

Reality TV World: You're a Christian radio talk-show host and Todd is an openly gay Mormon, which at first glance, would seem to make for an unusual pairing. Given your strong faith, why did decide to share the Hidden Immunity Idol clue with Todd of all people?

Leslie: I know, isn't that crazy? Only on Survivor. The truth is, I prayed before I went out there that the Lord would help me see people for who they were, not for what they were. ...

there is certainly more than just a whiff of condescension , I don't think that it was.

My impression is that Leslie's comments in the interview that I mentioned much more directly (and extensively) addressed the question of her reaction to the fact of Todd's homosexuality than do those in the interview here. And I distinctly remember that the source believed that those remarks could be considered judgmental.

For some reason, I thought that I read the material at Sucks or at TV Guide. Or accessed it via a link at TDT. But, after an hour of so of searching, I just couldn't find it.

Of course, you may well have located just what 'I remember'. As I've said, I have a very overactive imagination ...

Thanks, again!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""

>A physical attraction between two players occurs and leads to the
>revelation that a hidden immunity idol exists.

From Webby's interview with Leslie, it sounds to me like it could be Aaron and Amanda.

Aaron and Amanda were really close. They didn't show this, but they always slept together. You know, not slept together, but they were always snuggling at night. I thought there was a romantic thing going on.

Now, what if Todd dropped a little bon mot in Amanda's ear that he has the clue and then Amanda yakked to Aaron about it?

You know CBS... they'll play up a romance, no matter how weak it is.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-07, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
I don't know, if Todd yakked to Amanda, he's not the student of survivor we think he is. And then Amanda, who also knows the game, would have to talk too. I think it's Jaime and Erik. She has two clues in hand and can't figure them out.

surfkitty sig shop 2007

10-09-07, 05:42 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
Todd said he would never tell anyone when Leslie told her. Told falling for the one he called garbage? Unlikely. I saw the thread that says James is rumored to find the idol. Since Georgiana commented on it here and I don't want to go in the other thread, I'll say that I'd be very surprised to see James find the idol. He hasn't been portrayed as the brightest bulb out there and I don't see anyone giving him a clue. He might see one in someone's bag and think he can steal it or he falls for an imitation HII but James finding it? I doubt it.

I think Todd will find it. Why? Well, I'll put that in the editing thread to get people to come visit.

10-09-07, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-07 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

Just to clarify, I think it's Jaime and Erik who have the love connection, not that they find the II together. I agree with your thinking that Todd will find an idol, but there is one at each camp.

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-10-07, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
You know CBS sometimes they won't show anything about the romance and although it's been building they edit it out until they want to reveal it. It's still early in the season and they could do this.. seems to me that it must be someone who knows one of the clues to the HII.. unless of course,, they are sneaking away to make out and just happen to come across it, which I doubt..

mommy0f4 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-07, 02:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy0f4 Click to send private message to mommy0f4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Jamie & Eric lovebirds link"
nikkistone11232 at sucks had a link http://www.realitytvspoiler.com/index.php/2007/09/25/survivor-china-love-birds/
that shows them together for the season premiere.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Jamie & Eric lovebirds link"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-07 AT 07:30 AM (EST)

Thought I'd bring them over....posted by Dawg @ RealityTVSpoiler...

Survivor:China...Love Birds

Eric Huffman and Jamie Dugan met on Survivor: China and fell in love. Although the Survivor: China series has just begun showing on CBS, it had been taped a few months ago. We have an inside source and have discovered that Eric and Jamie have in fact fallen in love. The first picture below is our guess at how it all started, she was able to see his package and just couldn’t resist his Mmmm…charm. But seriously tho, we’re rooting for these two love birds….

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jamie & Eric lovebirds link"
It'll be interesting to see what the CBS lawyers make of this as I know in the old days contestants were technically not supposed to be seen together or any information revealed about who they got along with, etc., before the show appeared on TV.

Maybe CBS just don't care the way they did 5 years ago, but there used to be a heavy fine of something like $5 million for revealing too much before the show has aired in its entirety.

When Rob and Amber started dating during All-Stars, they had to keep it really hush hush until the finale, they weren't supposed to meet up with each other but did a few times without anyone knowing it.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 07:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
Definately agree, michel, that Todd is not going to "fall for the one that he called garbage!" Clearly I think that James will be a kidnappee himself to get all of the clues to find the idol. And let's face it, he's tall enough to practically look the HI in the eye. I think he could be the kidnappee in the episode when he finds it...if he finds it!

10-11-07, 06:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 15: China Episode #5 Title: "Love is in the Air""
I concede.

It is the story of my *friggin' life that my imagination has never been a match for reality.

But, you have to admit, Todd and James would have made 'great television' ...

*Thank you, Leslie!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Alternate theory."
I'm going to predict this title means Dave pulls a Skupin when he tries to consumate his relationship with the fire pit.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-12-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
One castaway confesses that he is a virgin while flirting with a tribemate he admits he has a crush on.

A physical attraction provokes a shocking reveal--the existence of the Hidden Immunity Idol.

And later, chaos abounds after a tribal switch, leading to tears, fears, cracks in tribal loyalties, threats of throwing challenges and a blindsiding vote at Tribal Council.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
One castaway confesses that he is a virgin while flirting with a tribemate he admits he has a crush on.

Erik the virgin crushes on Jaime (previews show it)

A physical attraction provokes a shocking reveal--the existence of the Hidden Immunity Idol.

It wouldn't be a shocking reveal for Jaime to reveal to Erik. The shocking reveal is that Todd tells James, James finds the HII before he gets swapped to Zhan Hu. Todd is attracted to James but aw it is unrequited lust.

And later, chaos abounds after a tribal switch, leading to tears, fears, cracks in tribal loyalties, threats of throwing challenges and a blindsiding vote at Tribal Council.

The next two boots before merge have been spoiled by DaniBleau at Skills to be Sherea and Aaron. She also spoils that Sherea and Frosti get swapped to Fei Long, and Aaron and James get swapped to Zhan Hu. It wouldn't be a blindside boot to see Sherea the outsider get ousted from NuFei Long, this teaser has got to mean an Aaron boot this episode. NuZhan Hu looks pretty strong though with James, Aaron, PG, Erik, and Jaime vs Courtney, JR, Todd, Frosti, Amanda, Denise, and Sherea

Another teaser out there that there is a possibility of a challenge being thrown, maybe Erik and Jaime convince James to join up with them and throw the challenge to protect Sherea, this way they can boot Aaron.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
Wow Ko, as always you are far ahead of me in the spoiling.

Question though - If James finds the HII at FL before he leaves, then I would assume he would find the other HII at ZH when he arrives. Are you suggesting he will have both of them?

10-12-07, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
Question though - If James finds the HII at FL before he leaves, then I would assume he would find the other HII at ZH when he arrives. Are you suggesting he will have both of them?

Exactamundo, and I have been specing for quite some time that James' "grave mistake" that leads to his boot was circling around the misuse of an HII. James gets both HII's and still it doesn't lead to the million. The funny thing is, Todd made a statement last night "this could lead to a million dollars" and not only does it not for James, I don't think it does for Todd either.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
So what, James has both HIIs, and gives one to an alliance to try to protect both. But then both holders of the HII become targets and James loses in an double HII tribal council? Wow, that would be a "grave mistake", and shocking!

10-12-07, 02:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 5"
Todd and Amanda will have a deal with James, not quite sure what it is. James may feel that he has to play one of the HII's early and therefore by his boot episode he may be in possesion of only the one. In a dirty plot to get rid of the "trash" Todd may convince James to give up the idol to protect one of the alliance, but then once unprotected, they bounce James instead. If Todd seems to be the mastermind of that scheme (or something like it) he will lose James jury vote.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

10-14-07, 01:37 PM (EST)
25. "TV Guide Magazine Highlights"
From this week's TV Guide (I couldn't find a link online):

Immunity Theatre: The remaining members of Zhan Hu and Fei Long get thrown a classic Survivor curveball tonight when the two tribes are suddenly switched up and, before they can even catch their collective breath, forced to compete for immunity. "The title of the challenge--'Plunge, Pull 'n' Pop'--may sound like fizzy fun, but according to the show's challenge producer John Kirhoffer, it's actually one of the season's most grueling. 'The survivors had a much harder time than we (anticipated),' says Kirhoffer. The challenge has two distinct parts. In the first, two members from each tribe start out on a raised platform in the water where, on the word 'go,' they must alternately dive down as far as 15 feet to pull out a series of bamboo poles that each release a puzzle piece. 'And visibility wasn't all that great,' Kirhoffer laughs. Once all 12 puzzle pieces have 'popped' to the surface, the survivors gather them in a boat and race to shore, where the rest of their respective tribes take over to decipher a complex puzzle. 'Who you choose to perform each role,' previews Kirhoffer, 'will make or break it for your tribe.'"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •