The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: The Society Islands, Ale..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Current Message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-29-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: The Society Islands, Ale..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-06 AT 02:52 AM (EST)

The wonderful Estee is indulging us with Survivor withdrawl with her fanfiction Survivor: The Society Islands starring a character made in her own image, mostly: Alex Cole, a cartoonist from New Jersey, through which most of the events during the taping and some of the events happening in her life afterward are told in first person view. Also included in { }'s are comments from a RTVW-like community just like ours. During the second episode, Alex got a Tarot card reading from one of her tribe mates, Trina Zolna, a fortune teller from New York. This thread's purpose is to discuss the reading using the images presented to us throughout the story to match them up with their positions in the reading.

For those of you just joining us, here are where the episodes are:

Prologue

Episode 1: We Just Met...

Episode 2: I Don't Believe in Prophecy...

Episode 3: He Said He Heard Something...

Episode 4: What If He Doesn't Come Back?

Episode 5: Why Are You Carrying A Gun?

Here is the reading that Alex got with some of my interpetations:

1. 9 of Swords - this card was in the "Past" spot of the reading. It reflects her past as an orphan, and the trials and tribulations therein. This was hinted in Episode 2, at the Police Station after the show through her eyes, and was stated on the Episode 3 actual show portion when the tribe was talking about families.

2. The Fool - at the reading it represented the present. It represents the beginning of Alex's journey throught the remainder of the Survivor season, and probably beyond.....

3. Death - the first card of her future has apparently come to pass late in Episode 3, while she planned to take off on an adventure, one of her tribemates came back talking about a ghost-like voice. Alex went to investigate, found a recently dead local animal, killed by one of the other local animals and stepped in it's blood.

4. The Devil - at the reading Trina mentioned a temptation, which may or may not include things of the material world.

5. The Moon

6. The Tower

7. Judgement - the only thing obvious about this is that it infers her involvement with the Jury proceedings to pick a winner. Does that mean she's on the jury, or, more likely, facing the jury as part of the Final 2?

8. ??????? - Trina turned over the final card and looked at it and kept it hidden. Only she knows for sure what the card actually is. I, and a few others have some supicions, but we won't know until the reunion episode, if Estee gets that far, that is..... (she's threatening to not have a reunion episode)

I will continue posting the links to the parts of the story as they come along, and I hope that we can unlock the mystery of this reading. (Hopefully before Estee smacks us with the final card saying, "Here's what it meant you dummy!")

Tribe's Super Sig!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor: The Society Islands, Ale...   vince3     07-29-06       
   RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   xwraith27     07-30-06     1  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     07-30-06     5  
         RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   xwraith27     07-30-06     9  
   RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   Estee     07-30-06     2  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     07-30-06     4  
   RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     07-30-06     3  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   vince3     07-30-06     6  
         RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     07-30-06     8  
             RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   vince3     12-22-06     31  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   Estee     07-30-06     7  
   And for the record:   Estee     07-31-06     10  
     RE: And for the record:   vince3     07-31-06     11  
     RE: And for the record:   Colonel Zoidberg     11-27-06     20  
   Episode List Part 2:   vince3     08-18-06     12  
     Episode List Part 3   vince3     10-22-06     15  
         Episode List Part 4   vince3     11-25-06     17  
             Episode List Continued   vince3     12-22-06     30  
                 RE: Episode List Continued   cahaya     12-23-06     32  
   RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     09-26-06     13  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   xwraith27     09-26-06     14  
   Card 4: The Devil   vince3     10-23-06     16  
     RE: Card 4: The Devil   cahaya     11-25-06     18  
         RE: Card 4: The Devil   vince3     11-25-06     19  
         Oh Cahaya......   vince3     11-29-06     26  
             Well, vince...   cahaya     11-30-06     27  
                 RE: Well, vince...   vince3     11-30-06     28  
                     RE: Well, vince...   cahaya     11-30-06     29  
   RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   Colonel Zoidberg     11-27-06     21  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     11-28-06     22  
     RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   xwraith27     11-28-06     23  
         RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   Colonel Zoidberg     11-28-06     24  
             RE: Survivor: The Society Islands,...   cahaya     11-28-06     25  
   Episode list: The home stretch!   vince3     01-11-07     33  
     RE: Episode list: The home stretch...   xwraith27     01-12-07     34  
     RE: Episode list: The home stretch...   vince3     02-01-07     35  
   Episode List: Conclusion   vince3     02-08-07     36  
     RE: Episode List: Conclusion   cahaya     02-08-07     37  
         RE: Episode List: Conclusion   xwraith27     02-12-07     38  
     Helpful hint.   Estee     02-14-07     40  
     Post 39 deleted - SPAM   IceCat     02-14-07     41  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •