The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Articles with Survivor Contestants"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-07, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Articles with Survivor Contestants"
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-07 AT 07:33 PM (EST)

Thought it'd be good to have a thread where articles posted online can be collected in one place in case there are any spoilerish information.

Nothing particularly spoilerish about this article on Todd Herzog but it does show how well he prepared for the game and did he possibly get a significant advantage over all of the others in knowing well ahead of time that he would be on this edition of the show?

I'm copying over the article as Canoe has been known to move links around after a few days online.

And he's got a Canadian connection, too! Woot.

'Survivor: China' set for debut
Gay contestant Todd Herzog runs down his strategy

By LINDSEY WARD -- Sun Media

Todd Herzog can deliver a baby, conduct CPR -- and serve peanuts like nobody's business.

OK, so being a flight attendant can only get you so far on Survivor. But the 22-year-old was nonetheless prepared when casting agents for the CBS reality series' 15th season, Survivor: China, came calling.

"I'm a diehard fan. I've been a fan since Day 1 since I was 16," says Herzog, a dual citizen who lives in Utah but often visits Scarborough with his Toronto-born mom. "Something I always wanted to do is be on Survivor. I knew the second I turned 21 I would audition."

And he did. Herzog actually made the first cut for last year's Survivor: Fiji, but producers decided he was too young and told him to come back this year. With time on his side, he spent the months leading up to Survivor: China's spring auditions getting in shape -- physically and mentally -- for the show.

"I knew Survivor was very physical, so I went canoeing, rock climbing and did a lot of running," he says, adding his only fear going into the competition was poisonous snakes. "I knew I'd be starving so what I did was cut all my meals in half and start eating all my liquids so I wouldn't require as much food when I got to China."

Herzog -- an openly gay Mormon raised in the not-so-open town of Pleasant Grove, Utah -- also felt he had the inner strength to pull through the show's will-power and problem-solving challenges.

"Being raised Mormon in Utah and then coming out in Utah is kind of a hard thing, because where I'm from is very conservative," Herzog says. "I feel that being true and honest to myself and being OK with who I am made me a very strong person.

"If I can survive being a gay Mormon in Utah, I can survive anything."

On tonight's premiere of Survivor: China, Herzog and the 15 other contenders -- including a chicken farmer, lunch lady and pro wrestler Ashley Massaro -- attend a Buddhist ceremony at HuangPu Mountain's Mi Tuo Temple before being split into two tribes: Fei Long (Flying Dragon) and Zhan Hu (Fighting Tiger).

The tribes are given a copy of Sun Tzu's The Art of War and cast off to separate islands on China's Zhelin Lake. Thus, the game begins.

"My strategy going into the game was to find a core alliance," says Herzog of his approach to trying to win the $1-million prize. "I wanted to build an alliance and have strong numbers. I told myself I'd do whatever I had to do to get one step further in the game."

ETA: Canoe has been having server issues on and off the last week or so -- if the link doesn't come up immediately, just click refresh a time or two and it should eventually pop up.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Articles with Survivor Contesta... vince3 09-20-07 1
 Leslie Snidget 09-21-07 2
 ashley second boot! agressionx 09-21-07 3
 RE: Articles with Survivor Contesta... vince3 09-28-07 4
 RE: Articles with Survivor Contesta... mommy0f4 10-09-07 5
 Post Boot Interview: Leslie Nease Flowerpower 10-09-07 6
 TV Guide Post-boot interviews CTgirl 10-11-07 7
 Post Boot interview with RealityTVW... Flowerpower 10-13-07 8
 TV Guide Online interview with Aaro... CTgirl 10-23-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Articles with Survivor Contestants"
1. Gay Mormon in Utah? Haven't we heard that from someone before? Like Rafe?

2. Ashley interviewed "Boston" Rob of Romber for WWE.com's Superstar 2 Superstar..... here ya go

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-07, 06:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Leslie"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-07 AT 06:39 AM (EST)

Here is one on Leslie about her background, not a Survivor article, but tells the story of how she came to her faith.

http://www.worldnewspaperpublishing.com/news/FullStory.asp?loc=TCW&ID=1317

This is the website about her ministry
http://www.potentialunlimited.us/

This is the radio station's website
http://www.newlife919.com/

agressionx 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-21-07, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agressionx Click to send private message to agressionx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "ashley second boot!"
Found this on a wrestling site I go to, thought I would pass it on.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=192319109

"The new season of Survivor debuts tonight on CBS at 8 p.m. It stars WWE Diva Ashley Massaro, She didn't do too well on the show. It has been confirmed that she lasted a total of six days on the show, which is two to three weeks of the season."

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-07, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Articles with Survivor Contestants"
This is the interview on the WWE site with Ashley, now that she's been snuffed:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/survivorashley

mommy0f4 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-07, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommy0f4 Click to send private message to mommy0f4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Articles with Survivor Contestants"
I’m from Utah where we finally got our 2nd ever Survivor contestant. Neleh was the first and all the local news about her being on Survivor was what got me interested in the show. Since she made it to the final two, I watched the whole season and have been a fan ever since. As a long time lurker, I never posted because I didn’t have an “acceptable” e-mail address. But I made sure I found one when Todd became a contestant so I could share local leaks. Because it is so rare to have a contestant from Utah, it’s a big deal news-wise when we have one. I have a dvd-r with a memory so I’ve recorded a lot of local interviews and tidbits. When I first heard this one that’s following, I thought “Did he really just say that?” I’ve tried to see if I could find a link to it on the local news station’s website kutv.com but I can’t. I don’t know how to post photos or links or anything so the only thing I could think of is just using closed caption to post what was said in this interview. If I was able to contact someone who knows how to make links or get info from a dvd online, I would send you a dvd-r disc with this interview on it. I know some of you are good at analyzing what’s in the background and getting revealing stills. All I can tell on that front is that Todd is standing in front of a Chinese-like structure when he’s talking and he’s wearing a red t-shirt that’s the same color (but not the same style) of the one he has on the show. But in the meantime here’s the transcript of this possible spoiler interview:

This interview was broadcast on August 21st on KUTV 2 News

Reporters: The 16th season of Survivor will kick off on CBS and for the 2nd time in the series’ history a Utahn will try to be the ultimate survivor. Todd Herzog is now the next Utahn to play the game. Not your normal Mormon flight attendant, as you will see in this story.

Todd: I consider myself the freak like the fanatic freak.

Reporter: Todd, the fanatic freak as he calls himself, will join 15 other contestants in China for Survivor 16, including a Christian radio host, a grave digger, and a professional wrestler. But Todd still expects to win.

Todd: This is my game. This is something that I’ve wanted for so long. And I just… I just get all smiley just thinking about it you know. I just picture myself in the final 2, knowing that that’s how far I got and at that point it’s out of my hands.

Reporter: How the other contestants react to Todd’s personality is also out of his hands.

Todd: I am a bubbly guy.

Reporter: But this bubbly guy can sometimes boil over

Todd: 39 days—of course I’m gonna get ornery and snap, or someone is going to ##### me off. And I’m not going to be ok with that. So, yeah, the bad boy will come out.

Reporter: A bad boy that’s just excited about a chance at a million dollars and his million dollar view.

Todd: It’s unreal. This place is beautiful.

Reporters: We’ve got to see how long he’s going to last. Yeah, its going to be interesting because he’s an openly gay Mormon and he’s on there with a Christian talk show host and they are going to be forced to work together on the same team so that’s gonna be interesting. Yeah, well they pick everybody based on all these personal nuances in the hopes that it will create a certain amount of friction. Yeah, well that’s it: they’ve got a grave digger, a pro wrestler, a chicken farmer nick-named Chicken and a lady that’s a school lunch lady whose hobbies include throwing axes and knives. That’s what you want from a school lunch lady. Quite a diverse group. It ought to be good.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Post Boot Interview: Leslie Nease"
As pointed out by flystorm in another thread, a very thorough post boot interview by our own WEBBY! Well done!

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-leslie-nease-talks-about-her-survivor-china-experience-5881.php

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "TV Guide Post-boot interviews"
Ashley (it's pretty funny and tells different stories from the RTVW interview)
http://www.tvguide.com/News/survivor-china-ashley/071002-03

Leslie (only slightly different from webby's interview)
http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-china-leslie/071009-03

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-07, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Post Boot interview with RealityTVWorld..."
Nice interview by our own RealityTVWorld...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/interview-dave-cruser-talks-about-his-survivor-china-journey-5920.php

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-07, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "TV Guide Online interview with Aaron"
Amanda has watched every episode of Survivor multiple times too. Todd could figure out the challenges from the clues.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-china-aaron/071023-01

An Agman Nation Creation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •