The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-07, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-07 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jeff-probst-dishes-about-cbs-upcoming-survivor-china-season-5780.php

My favorite part:

"Bellande didn't have a clue about Survivor but was so certain that the fact that he's a professional poker player would take care of itself," said Probst. "That dude had a quick learning curve... he started realizing, 'Okay, I don't know what the hell is going on out here because people are talking behind my back and I don't know what they're saying.' Hello Jean-Robert! You should have watched a couple of episodes, you numbskull."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... Estee 09-13-07 1
   RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... AyaK 09-13-07 2
       RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... Estee 09-13-07 3
           RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... flying squirrel 09-14-07 4
               RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... Redc40 09-15-07 6
   RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... bdemoney 09-16-07 8
 RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... mattben 09-14-07 5
   RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... bdemoney 09-16-07 7
       RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: Chin... Brownroach 09-17-07 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Migawd, we just found the man Desmond could beat... at least early on.

I like this quote:

'For several seasons in a row its visually looked somewhat the same: palm trees and coconuts. We have bamboo and temples this time. I think you'll feel the difference.'

Yeah, Jeff. The splinters are in a completely different place.

Notable:

1. The opening sequence sounds interesting -- but no idea how it'll actually play in editing.

2. Jeff was really desperate to get back to sixteen, wasn't he? Took the show long enough to catch on.

3. So Leslie had a religious problem early, and that was just from having to enter the temple... Was she reluctant to say someone else's prayers, does she think she's damned herself through structural contact, or is it a degree in between?

4. Sounds solidly like it's a no-luxury-items season -- again -- and we know it's minimal clothing. Hope no one got stuck in their swimsuits -- or worse, their jeans.

5. A flooded camp in the second episode? Watch the shelter configurations.

6. If fishing is so hard that they need to bring in native instructors, expect some serious weight loss and potential mercy votes. Food was definitely scant this season, and the Rewards may go heavy on it.

7. Todd could be fun, or Todd could be really, really annoying -- but it's good to have a show-watcher on either way. Just remember what's happened to pretty much all of them.

8. Anyone else get the distinct impression James is going to talk himself off the island? And Aaron might follow him if the later can't keep track of his own promises.

9. Jamie may be a swing vote in the making. Watch her tribe's alliances?

10. Peih-Gee and Shii Ann are sisters under the skin -- and may wind up sharing a fate.

11. Dave may trust too much, but Jeff seems to be hinting that he's got a chance at the learning curve too.

12. Courtney sounds like a blast. She also sounds like the F5 boot.

13. Ashley will whine, although it may not make the camera cut.

14. Steve is dead, dead, dead.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Have we had any "lack of food" issues since Survivor: The Amazon? I don't think so -- am I forgetting something?

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Definitely not the Palau Hilton... but as the article said, it's the first setting in a while where food hasn't been fairly avaiable, at least to one side. You could argue for some Fiji starvation, but that was mostly Ravu's own fault. And Guatemala, but just because Stephenie ate everyone's share.

flying squirrel 290 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-14-07, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flying%20squirrel Click to send private message to flying%20squirrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Maybe we can use weight-loss spoilers again....

Redc40 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-15-07, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redc40 Click to send private message to Redc40 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
>Maybe we can use weight-loss spoilers
>again....
>____________________
>
On that topic I saw Erik Huffman with his band Florez Thursday at lunch in down town Washington DC (they were playing an outdoor concert). He looked somewhat thinner than his show publicity shot, particularly in his arms and face. He wasn't a particularly heavy guy to begin with, so take that for whatever it is worth. I got a picture with my iPhone, but it was pretty far away so unsure if it really shows much.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
9. Jamie may be a swing vote in the making. Watch her tribe's alliances?

I think you are correct on this call Estee (as usual)

To take a look at Jeff's entire quote on Jaime I am led to believe she may go far...

- Jaime Dugan (22-year-old student from Columbia, SC who is originally from Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

"An interesting combination of sorority girl and honor student. She's very pretty and she's from South Carolina, and at first glance you kind of get this, 'Oh, I'm just a little sorority girl.' But she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders, especially when it comes to dealing with people and the strategy of dealing with people. Jaime factors into the strategy of her tribe quite a bit."

So she may be around for a while, based on Jeff's comments...although I could be reading too much into it...

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-14-07, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
Interesting article.

Looks like food will be a big issue. Tough fishing, no game animals, probably poor vegetation supply. MB shall provide.

What's the pool on who goes first -- the ignorant of the game poker player or the Survivorholic fan? And when. Also a when: Ashley's first smackdown talk oration.

The idea that Leslie would be troubled by visiting a Buddist temple is insane. You've got to be very weak in your faith to get so rattled. I've been to and enjoyed so many different services and religions' places of worship I can't count 'em. Was married by a Rabbi, for Christ's sake.

I like the Sun Tzu Art of War involvement. Hope the serious players have also read Machievelli. I remember some book that was purportedly about Ghengis Kahn's ideas, or maybe that was Atilla the Hun. I'd also read up on George S. Patton and Mel Brooks.

I'm looking forward to the new season.

Working on ideas for Confuscious-like haikus, just to confuse the Oriental angle.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
The two things that really stuck out when I was reading the article were...

Zernov grew-up watching Survivor -- a fact that also applies to Todd Herzog, a 22-year-old flight attendant from Pleasant Grove, UT.

"He's one of the biggest fans ever and the first day he said something like that to me, 'Jeff, I've been watching this show since I was 16 and I've been waiting until I can apply,'" said Probst of Herzog. "And I thought, 'My God! Hold old am I?'... He did know the game and it's because he's been watching since he was a kid. In his case, it pays off... He had a game plan of how an alliance best works and how to work people.

Seems to me that Todd will go far (based on this comment)

Also.....

According to Probst some of the castaways even inadvertently used "The Art of War" in their game play, such as Jean-Robert Bellande, a 36-year-old professional poker player from Las Vegas, NV.

"He actually came in with a pretty interesting strategy, which was, 'I'm going to come in and not be liked and I want people to not like me and then I'm going to become likable,'" explained Probst. "His reasoning was, psychologically, if you meet someone and the first time you meet them you don't like them -- but then as you get to know them, you do like them -- you end up liking them more than you would have if you liked them initially. That was his philosophy... That kind of strategy, while not exactly out of 'The Art of War,' it's part of it."

In order to try and put this strategy to use it would seem to me that he would have to be around at least for a good portion of the game.

It will be interesting for me to see if my deductions are correct and Todd and Jean-Robert do stick around for a while.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jeff talks about Survivor: China"
And if Jean-Robert had a "quick learning curve" as Probst says, he must hang around for a little while at least.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •