The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No Chill Factor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

callalilly3000 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-01-04, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No Chill Factor"
I have been a fan of American Idol since season 1. Well, i actually didn't start watching it until about the third week of finals on the first season. But, when I heard Kelly Clarkson sing, she gave me chills. Not every time, but most of the time. So, when I started watching the second season, I based my voting on the "Chill Factor". Who, when they would sing, would actually give me the chills. Ruben and Clay would give me the chills starting from the first note. Kimberly Locke from time to time, would belt out a song and there they were "chills".
The top three of last season, deserved to be there, they are great talents, all of which I have either bought their CD"s, or I will purchase when it is released. So, my point is, dispite the recent comments from Paula and Randy, that the third season is "the best of the finalist thus far", I strongly disagree! NO ONE, out of the top twelve, when they open their mouths to let out the first note have given me the "Chills". I am not saying that there are not any great singers in the group, I am just saying that none of them are so unique in their singing abilities, that they can produce "Chills". Okay, so the first week seemed superior to the past season, but the last two weeks have been horrific! I have never been so disappointed, I am almost to the point were I just don't care to watch anymore. The only one person that I think is unique of talent is George. Camille is just plain awful, John Peter Lewis, can not sing, and I am still wondering why he is there. Fantasia, who has a lovey, different sound to her voice, is so full of her self, and has produced such an attitude, that it has kept me from voting for her. John Stevens, has a different quality, but he is so far out of this contest. The rest of the bunch try to as Simon has said " oversing". And none of them, in the past three weeks, have produced the "Chills". I love watching American Idol, I really do, but I sure hope that at least one person, can bring to the point of "Chills". I miss Ruben, Clay, and Kimberly, and maybe that is why I just can't get into the new season.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: No Chill Factor grit 04-02-04 1
 RE: No Chill Factor callalilly3000 04-06-04 2
   RE: No Chill Factor grit 04-06-04 3
       I liked Jennifer, BUT: callalilly3000 04-06-04 4
           RE: I liked Jennifer, BUT: shedevil 04-07-04 7
               RE: I liked Jennifer, BUT: callalilly3000 04-07-04 8
 RE: No Chill Factor alyak959 04-06-04 5
   RE: No Chill Factor BennyBoy 04-07-04 6
 I did have a chill for few... Goooey_Alley 04-07-04 9
 Jennifer nailbone 04-07-04 10
 RE: No Chill Factor greenmonstah 04-07-04 11
 bump TeamJoisey 04-21-04 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-02-04, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: No Chill Factor"
It was a little hard reading your post because it was all one paragraph.

Once I made my through your post, though, I have to agree with you. I experience the same thing. I always got chills whenever Kelly sang. With the other singers, I didn't always get them, but when I did I would always say, "Wow! That was good!"

This season, I'm not having many "Wow!" moments like I did with Kelly. I hope we start seeing some soon.

Slowly losing my newbie status...I hope...

04-06-04, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail callalilly3000 Click to send private message to callalilly3000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: No Chill Factor"
In reply to my very first post. I still agree with myself when I say there is NO CHILL FACTOR!! I still can't believe that Randy and Paula said that these people are the best finalists that they have had. I have no favorite. Whoever wins, wins.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-06-04, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: No Chill Factor"
You must have turned the TV off early tonight. I got serious chills listening to Jennifer Hudson.

Slowly losing my newbie status...

04-06-04, 09:55 PM (EST)
4. "I liked Jennifer, BUT:"
I can go to church on Sunday, and hear about three different ladies that sound just like that.

shedevil 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-07-04, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shedevil Click to send private message to shedevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I liked Jennifer, BUT:"
If you can go to church and hear singing like that then you are very lucky, may I remind you that many great stars got their start at church, i.e. Whitney Houston, oh and the ever so loved (but not by me) Fantasia too.

04-07-04, 08:40 AM (EST)
8. "RE: I liked Jennifer, BUT:"
My point to the church reference, was that there are so many singers like Jennifer, who try to be like Whitney Houston. We already have a Whitney, and I really don't think we need another. I quess what I don't care for, is HOW gospel it sounds. She sang "Circle of Life", my kids watch the Lion King almost weekly, and my 8 year old said, "Mommy, I don't like the way she is singing this song."

I do have to say however, that Jennifer is the only vote that I placed this season. She touched me during the semi finals, and I really wanted her to make it to the finals. I was happy that she made it during the wild card round. I knew she would.

I wish her luck, but she hasn't given me the "chills" yet.

alyak959 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-06-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alyak959 Click to send private message to alyak959 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: No Chill Factor"
I completely agree with you. I thought Clay was just AMAZING!! There are very few people in the world who can hit notes like he can. This year, I think the only person who has any talent is Diana and the judges seem to have something against her. Its getting really annoying because they always say the same thing about LaToya, George, and Fantasia. For some reason they love them even when they do an awful job. I think if the judges keep playing favorites like they are doing, American Idol will be over before you know it!!!!

BennyBoy 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-07-04, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BennyBoy Click to send private message to BennyBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No Chill Factor"
Agreed

Goooey_Alley 425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-07-04, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Goooey_Alley Click to send private message to Goooey_Alley Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "I did have a chill for few..."
I could probably use the good goosebumps as the basis for the chill factor. So far, Jasmine's "Inseperable" and Jennifer's "Circle Of Life" and "I Believe In You And Me" gave me some. George and Fantasia almost made it with me. LaToya and Diana are great but I hadn't experienced the chill yet.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-04, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Jennifer"
Jennifer's given me chills twice, with Imagine and with The Circle of Life.

Although George is my fave, he's not hit me with chills...yet.

Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice o-

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-07-04, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: No Chill Factor"
Hmmm....you know the chills you get when you hear nails on a black board, or a fork scrapping china...do those type of "chills" count?

A couple of these contestents are making me SHUDDER and not in a good goose bump kind of way

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-21-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "bump"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-04 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

there's no chill left in American Idol. Game over, man.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •