The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-07, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-07 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-24-07 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

Last week, Survivor started with Mookie telling Dreamz that he screwed up. Dreamz disagreed and proceeded to prove his point, using the whole episode to show just how much he can really screw things up. What an episode it was! If you want more details and unofficial comments from past players, you can read the summary I wrote here . With a summary and a SOTS on the first nice week-end of Spring, I’m starting to look as pale as Dan Barry!

If you want comments from board members as the events unfolded here is Estee’s East Coast Spoiler thread.

“Blackmail or Betrayal”

The spoiling week started with the always reliable FlowerPower with a thread that gave us the viccaps from the previews of this episode.

Right after that, we received the CBS mis-direction, brought to us by smokedog

Next time on SURVIVOR: FIJI

· A severe injury leaves one Survivor in excruciating pain. Can they recover or will they be removed from the game?

You guessed it, it’s another booboo for Boo, confirmed by a CBS Press release: Another injury leaves Boo struggling at the Reward Challenge.

As for the question regarding Boo leaving the game, no one seems to think that Boo will hurt himself out of the game even though Dreamz said he would a long time ago.

· Two Survivors discover powerful information which, if revealed, could change the course of the entire game.

CoolBluePig reminded us that we saw this in the previews: ALEX and MOOKIE found out that Yau has the other idol.

Mookie and Alex decide to snoop

Mookie finds the second turtle in Yau's bag.

Emydi added: “I know they aren't allowed to steal it because Mookie would have.” Emydi knows the law so I believe her.

· With few options left, tribemates are faced with a decision of blackmail or betrayal if they want to keep their alliance intact.

As Brownroach told us, the person being blackmailed is Yau-Man. Mookie and Alex would threaten to tell everyone that Yau has the immunity idol.

Over the week-end, we got the transcription of the Insider clips.
- The Pitch: Cassandra receiving offers for the reward was a funny scene

-Edgardo' final words: Reading that Edgardo didn’t like Yau-Man and Cassandra but that he liked Earl and Boo could indicate how he will vote.

The reward challenge

We know it is a 4 vs 4 challenge for a seaplane ride and a trip to a spa. It is similar to one we saw in Thailand

We have vidcaps evidence of the starting line-ups:

For the Green Team: Stacy, Earl, Dre and Alex

The Orange Team: Yau-Man, Mookie, Boo and Cassandra.

To determine who will win, we can break down the teams and analyze their strengths and weaknesses:

The launchers will have different strategies. For the Orange Team:

Yau: “The Range is equal to the square of the initial velocity
mutilplied by the sinus of the angle of ascent divided by g
Taking into account the wind velocity…”

For the Green Team:

Stacy: “I hope I don’t break a nail”

I’ll give the advantage to the Orange Team.

Defensively, if you can’t get to the ball, you have to prevent the other team from catching it. In that case, it seems that Team Orange has a very physical squad, anchored by none other than Cassandra. They will be tough to beat:

Cassandra has tight
woman-to-man coverage on Earl

Cassandra choking Earl

Cassandra kicking Alex’s butt!

With Cassandra making a last minute statement for the upcoming NFL draft, the advantage would appear to be with Team Orange again.

As for Offense, Robb was the star in the Thailand challenge, proving that speedy receivers are essential. Here we have to give the advantage to Earl, Alex and Dre. So who wins? Maybe I should just have showed these!

With Dre throwing his racket in the air,
It seems Team Green wins the reward!

The next step will be to decide which player to send to Exile Island. We have no vidcap evidence to guide us but with Earl on the winning side and Dre to second his choice, most agree that Yau-Man will be sent out there. That way, they keep the clues for the new idol within the alliance.

Could this be on Exile Island?
Maybe not because of the boat.

Late News: VG says that Boo volunteers to go to Exile Island and is sent

At one point, we will have an Immunity Challenge but we have no vidcaps to guide us. Thanks CBS! One week, you show Yau-Man with the necklace around his neck and the next nothing! The challenge will probably be so boring to watch that they couldn’t find any “action” shots. It’s probably a speed-reading contest. If they think that prevented the spoilers from being active, they were wrong. Maybe most of his competitors doubt him but the spoilers know what he is capable of: Yau-Man is speculated to keep the necklace.

With the immunity necklace, the attempted blackmail will have little chance to work, as noted by Emydi and Brownroach in their discusions. Last week, Alex was the first target, the one who “mistakenly thinks he is running the game.” Yau even called him the Boss. So our bootee:

Alex
"Kill me Now!"

Late News: Vince3 tells us that VG has given the 5th juror seat to Mookie meaning he is our booted player

If you want to read more on what is really happening in Fiji, I can suggest Veruca Salt’s The Players The Game The Editing thread. If one still doubts the power of her insights, here is what she wrote before last week’s chaos:

“Interesting the investment that Alex has made into Stacy. I frankly would not be surprised if Stacy shows herself to be untrustworthy.”

I don’t think any spoiler had an idea that Stacy would be the 5th vote against Edgardo. A few of us try to assist her with our views so if you have time to join in, we always appreciate new opinions and feedback.

For the future, KOB_Fan has started a thread on how the jury will vote.

KO has been busy and started a second thread for the Survivor Phoenix spoilers. It seems Volcanic Glass has spoiled most of the season.

We also had confirmation this week that Survivor 15 will be in CHINA !

To Recap:

Reward Winners: Stacy, Earl, Dre, Alex.

Exiled Players: Yau-Man sounded good but Boo volunteers.

Immunity Winner: Yau-Man

Booted Player: Alex or more likely Mookie

Don’t forget to vote in the threat that Dabo has opened and lets hope for
another fun episode. Check again later for potential late breaking news.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do this, it’s always fun. I hope you enjoyed.

ETA: The voting thread and late breaking news from Survivor Phoenix.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... Brownroach 04-24-07 1
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... Wallflower66 04-24-07 2
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... Flowerpower 04-24-07 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... whoami 04-24-07 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... coolbluepig 04-25-07 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... CTgirl 04-25-07 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... redbeard103152 04-25-07 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... RudyRules 04-25-07 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... KObrien_fan 04-25-07 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... strid333 04-25-07 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... kircon 04-25-07 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... Bravehart 04-26-07 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... SatHizFakShon 04-26-07 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... Max Headroom 04-26-07 14
 Late Breaking News michel 04-26-07 15
   PFFFFTTTT!!! emydi 04-26-07 16
       RE: PFFFFTTTT!!! Brownroach 04-26-07 19
           RE: PFFFFTTTT!!! emydi 04-26-07 20
               RE: PFFFFTTTT!!! Brownroach 04-26-07 23
   RE: Late Breaking News VolcanicGlass 04-26-07 18
   RE: Late Breaking News CTgirl 04-26-07 21
       RE: Late Breaking News PepeLePew13 04-26-07 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Epis... kingfish 04-26-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-07, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Excellent SOTS, michel!

I especially lvoe the RC launcher strategies.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-24-07, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Great SOTS, michel! You sure have been busy these last few days. Loved your summary, too!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"

michel, you have a masterful way with words! I loved your SOTS and I always enjoy your take in the editing thread. Your blow by blow of the RC challenge explains it all! I think all the answers are in! Thanks so much!

FloPo

one nation, under Romber...

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-07, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"

Another great SOTS. Well done and with all the answers.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-07, 07:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbluepig Click to send private message to coolbluepig Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
bice SOTS! and thanks for mentoning me, honestly i feel very happy when i get mentioned in SOTS, this is my 2nd time! wupeee!!!

Co0L 3luE P1g: OINK OINK...

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Another wonderful job, michel. You have been busy this week!

I lvoed the reward challenge commentary.

redbeard103152 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-07, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail redbeard103152 Click to send private message to redbeard103152 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Great job Michel. You spoiled the episode so well I might not even watch it. Loved the blow by blow of the RC.

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Very nicely written.

Yet another stellar SOTS!

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-07, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Excellent Michel! Thanks so much for doing this for us.

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-07, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Very good SOTS!

Three is the perfect number.

kircon 3323 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-07, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kircon Click to send private message to kircon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
*stands and applauds*

Wow! Great job on both the SOTS and Summary.

Now go outside and enjoy the spring.

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-26-07, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Hey michel!

Terrific SOTS!

I especially loved "hope I don't break a nail" by Stacy!

I think CBS just gave us the Winner's photos!

SatHizFakShon 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-07, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SatHizFakShon Click to send private message to SatHizFakShon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Thank you, nice summary!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
Nicely done!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Late Breaking News"
I want to thank everyone for the nice words but I also needed to alert you to new developments. Volcanic Glass at Survivor Phoenix has given us new details that were added to the original post. Maybe the nice words were pre-mature.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "PFFFFTTTT!!!"
GREAT SOTS!! This isn't a science it's an art...like law...

Thanks for doing it!!

WHO WANTS TO DO NEXT WEEK'S...PSST....here's a tip Stacy wins IC
and ALex goes...Yau Man or Earl go to Exile because one of them likely finds the 3rd HI and uses it at F5 without impact. YM's idol is used at F6...is it hidden again for one day?

04-26-07, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: PFFFFTTTT!!!"
I could be wrong, but from VG's newest update I am getting that Stacy will have immunity tonight:

Every chess player has done it: sacrifice for better strategic positioning. Former Survivor players have tried it. As we noted earlier, this week we are shown how to do it well, as a move within a game, not as the purpose of the game. Sometimes not winning a challenge makes you stronger.

Noted earlier links to the previous update, which contains:

A woman will wear the braided necklace only once, but whether the win is earned or given away is up for debate.

So Yau lets Stacy win the immunity challenge tonight?

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: PFFFFTTTT!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-07 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-26-07 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

You know what I think you may be right BR...if YM and Earl are the intended targets:

So if Stacy is wearing the teeth this week, who do M and A vote for? Mookie and Alex could try to blackmail Yau with his vote (vote Earl or we tell everyone) or against him (vote Earl or we vote you and tell everyone else to do so and tell them about idol) The latter is a stronger position...when Yau says no..they'll probably vote Yau

And then Stacy could go either next week or at F6...Alex lasts longer which editing seems to favor... but we'll see on that...

04-26-07, 02:26 PM (EST)
23. "RE: PFFFFTTTT!!!"
What's #3 about?

If someone volunteers for Exile, are they really exiled? (Boo)
If someone lets others get the glory, are they really winning? (Yau-Man)
If someone wants to be voted off, are they really a quitter?

Does Mookie give up and ask them to vote him out? Rita had said he wanted to be voted out early on.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-26-07, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Late Breaking News"
michel, nice words are never premature.

Your SOTS was terrific and right on point, with the information available at the time you had to write it.

Don't be hard on yourself because some idiot didn't post earlier. ;)

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Late Breaking News"
Come on Mike, you don't read lips? Clearly Boo is saying here, "I volunteer to go to Exile Island"!

I agree with everyone else, you did a great job, such a great job that we'll all go down in flames together! At least we can still giggle over Stacy's "I don't want to break a nail" face!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Late Breaking News"

"Aiiiieeee! I need to go to Exile Island asap as the snake's venom is what will untwist my broken body!"

Michel? Great job on the SOTS and for staying on top of it enough to quickly edit in the changes -- a lot of people might not have rushed in to update in enough time.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling S14: Episode #11"
I concur with Kircon. (and the others too, but I just wanted to say that).

Late breaking news or not, you do great work Mike, both summary and SOTS. In one week.

I'm afraid I would have been waking up screaming in the night about bats and coconuts and Katie and Rupert. (shudder)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •