The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
The first thread is getting a little long, but we still have plenty of season left and some figuring too.

Volcanic Glass has spoiled this season so very well, hats off, kudos, and many thanks for keeping it fun with the tips and hints!

What is still hinted at and yet to come (my own spec in parenthesis):

-Stacy will either win immunity or be given the necklace to wear at some point

-Yau-Man is the immunity challenge hound but will have some competition by someone athletic (most likely Dreamz)

-Mookie will be gone before the car challenge (car challenge should be at F6 this season)

-Yau will win the car challenge and strike some kind of deal with Dreamz, Dreamz gets the car but the curse continues as Yau doesn't win Survivor

-There is an omen circled around Yau-Man, Stacy, and Dreamz (it is speculated that when Yau uses his hidden idol it bounces Stacy)

-Dreamz, Cassandra, Earl in the F3

-Yau out at F4

Remaining Boot Speculation

Based on what we have seen in the editing, the alliance workings etc, here is my best guess on how the rest of the season plays out.

8 people left. Alex and Mookie are targets, but Alex is a bigger threat and will go first. They stir up crap this week, but in the end the status quo will reign and a 6-2 boot of Alex (Stacy could have immunity this week, if not then Yau Man)

7 people left, Mookie vulnerable and on his own. Since the car challenge is in the next episode, this has got to be Mookie's swan song with no shake ups, 6-1 boot of Mookie (If Stacy didn't win immunity before, she wins it here, if she did then Yau Man wins)

6 people left, with Boo-Stacy-Dreamz on the outskirts of the Earl-Cassandra-Yau Man alliance. Yau wins the car and makes a deal with Dreamz, but Dreamz is still a snake. Yau wins immunity but gives the hidden idol to either Earl or Cassandra in front of Dreamz (as reverse pyschology) knowing he could tell the others. E/Y/C believe that Boo is with them in voting out Stacy, but Dreamz convinces Stacy and Boo that the only way that they have a shot to win the money is to vote out Cassandra. The idol is privately given to Cassandra and the vote is a tie 3-3 but with the idol played it bounces to Stacy

5 people left. Dreamz would be the target but he wins immunity. One player plays the hidden idol, but has no affect. Bye to Boo

4 people left, Dreamz wins immunity again. He doesn't want to go against Yau Man in the F3, so he sides with Earl/Cassandra who also don't want to face him, goodbye to Yau Man

That gets us to the F3 and fits all of the clues. I know the hidden idol bounce could work many other ways at F6, but I believe that is the only plausible place that it gets played.

So to recap:

Episode 11- F8 Alex
Episode 12- F7 Mookie
Episode 13- F6 Stacy (Hidden idol played, Yau wins car gives it to Dre)
Episode 14 (Finale)- F5 Boo
F4- Yau Man
F3- Cassandra
F2- Dreamz
Winner- Earl

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KoalaChick 04-21-07 1
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Flowerpower 04-21-07 2
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 04-21-07 3
       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 04-23-07 5
           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 04-23-07 6
           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 04-23-07 7
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 RudyRules 04-22-07 4
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 forestfriend 04-24-07 8
 4/26 Update: Oh.My.Heck! vince3 04-26-07 9
 Political Coup=NO FAMILY VISIT emydi 04-27-07 10
   RE: Political Coup=NO FAMILY VISIT vince3 04-28-07 11
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-01-07 12
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Chez 05-01-07 13
 TV Guide Preview KObrien_fan 05-02-07 14
   RE: TV Guide Preview Brownroach 05-02-07 15
 5/2 Update: The Twists aren't over... vince3 05-02-07 16
   RE: 5/2 Update: The Twists aren't ... Brownroach 05-03-07 17
 A survivor first emydi 05-04-07 18
   RE: A survivor first KObrien_fan 05-06-07 19
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-07-07 20
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 05-07-07 21
       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-07-07 22
           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 05-07-07 23
               RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 05-07-07 24
                   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-07-07 26
                       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 05-07-07 27
           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-07-07 25
               RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 05-07-07 28
                   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-07-07 29
                       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 05-07-07 30
                           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 05-07-07 31
                               RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-08-07 32
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 VolcanicGlass 05-09-07 53
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 vince3 05-08-07 33
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-08-07 34
       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 vince3 05-08-07 35
       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Brownroach 05-08-07 36
           RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 emydi 05-08-07 37
 Voice over of a new promo KObrien_fan 05-08-07 38
   RE: Voice over of a new promo emydi 05-09-07 42
       RE: Voice over of a new promo Brownroach 05-09-07 43
           RE: Voice over of a new promo KObrien_fan 05-09-07 44
               RE: Voice over of a new promo Brownroach 05-09-07 45
                   RE: Voice over of a new promo emydi 05-09-07 46
                       RE: Voice over of a new promo Brownroach 05-09-07 47
                           RE: Voice over of a new promo KObrien_fan 05-09-07 48
                               RE: Voice over of a new promo Brownroach 05-09-07 49
                                   RE: Voice over of a new promo emydi 05-09-07 50
                                       RE: Voice over of a new promo Brownroach 05-09-07 51
                                           RE: Voice over of a new promo emydi 05-09-07 52
 RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Chez 05-09-07 39
   RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 Bebo 05-09-07 40
       RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2 KObrien_fan 05-09-07 41
 5/12 post emydi 05-12-07 54
   RE: 5/12 post emydi 05-13-07 55

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-21-07, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Thanks for laying all that out, KO. I hope the F6 Tribal Council plays out the way you suspect! Love to double-cross the double-crossers!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-07, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Hiya, KO! Great predictions there, I only have one conflict...
E/Y/C believe that Boo is with them in voting out Stacy, but Dreamz convinces Stacy and Boo that the only way that they have a shot to win the money is to vote out Cassandra.

I firmly believe that the Dreamz does not have the smarts to convince anyone of anything at this point. I think if he pulls for anyone to be a target, it would be Earl, and not Cassandra. I believe that Yau would perhaps only give his idol up to save Earl??? Just my thoughts at this point. I definately agree that it will be Alex then Mookie next, then Stacy, then Boo, Yau-man and then our final three. Earl chooses to keep Dre around because he thinks he's a great one to go up against in the end...and he's right!

one nation, under Romber...

04-21-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
However it happens I believe that Stacy goes at F6 and Yau uses his idol. The other thing that can throw a wrench in it is that the third idol will be at large at that point, so Cass or Earl could also have a hidden idol and not need to play it.

I don't think Dreamz is the mastermind per se, but he will be on the side of Boo and Stacy but Stacy gets the boot.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Keep it simple (although I rarely do)

My theory is the Yau gives the idol to DRE to oust Stacy (everyone else votes for the wildcard Dre)

That way the FULL OF PORTENT clues make sense with YM Stacy and Dre directly involved. After they go on RC and they make the deal, YM and Dre sense that Dre is in danger...YM saves him and makes Dre's betrayal at F4 even more controversial

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I'm with you, emy. As you know.

Dreamz is too unpredictable, and, as I read VG's clues, he will also be the one to give Yau-Man some competition in the challenges. Everyone is going to want him gone once Alex and Mookie are disposed of.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

04-23-07, 01:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I think that sounds like a very plausible way for Stacy to get booted at F6!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-07, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-07 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Good speculation and recap of the Spoilers we know about.
Honestly though, I am not sure about Dre convincing Stacy and Boo to vote out Cass. I think it's more likely that one of them, probably Stacy, comes up with the plan and sells it to Dre.
I just don't think that Dre really knows what he is doing.

Edited fer spelin

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

forestfriend 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-07, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forestfriend Click to send private message to forestfriend Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I think it's a mistake to ask Dre to vote Cassandra out or to suspect him to be in on such a plan. He loves that woman.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-07, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "4/26 Update: Oh.My.Heck!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-07 AT 04:49 AM (EST)

4/26 Update: "This fellow is wise enough to play the fool."

If someone volunteers for Exile, are they really exiled?
If someone lets others get the glory, are they really winning?
If someone wants to be voted off, are they really a quitter?

The reward challenge is a showcase for the catchers, and the green team (Alex, Dre, Earl and Stacy) benefits greatly from Dre's athletic prowess. As noted earlier, Boo and his teammates (Cassandra, Mookie and Yau-Man) will be missing out on the reward. Since the hidden Immunity Idol was played in the previous Tribal Council, a new set of clues will be given starting this week. The strategic question of who to send at this point in the game becomes somewhat moot when Boo volunteers to go to Exile Island. Who wants to argue with the injured man who brought the challenge to a temporary halt?

Every chess player has done it: sacrifice for better strategic positioning. Former Survivor players have tried it. As we noted earlier, this week we are shown how to do it well, as a move within a game, not as the purpose of the game. Sometimes not winning a challenge makes you stronger.

A nod to CBS for spoiling the show along with us, proving that knowing the end is not a problem as long as the story is well told. From this week's promos we give you the spoiled story via black and white sequences.

RC: "The Star of the Challemge"

Exile: "I Need A Vacation"

Immunity: "Wise Enough to Play the Fool"

Sting: "Giddy as School Boys"

Intended Victims: "Meh"

Boot: "The Only Merge Player to Have Played the Real Survivor"

The captions are seen by dragging your pointer over the pictures.......

ETA: On the Cast Page she's already has Jury Seat 5 assigned to Mookie..........

04-27-07, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Political Coup=NO FAMILY VISIT"
Like Africa...no family visit...bc of political coup during filming

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1322

04-28-07, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Political Coup=NO FAMILY VISIT"
You know, I'm not surprised about this at all, because I would think that they'd hype the family's appearance if it was gonna happen, and since next week is the car challenge, then F5 on Sunday, this was the last chance for Family Reward and we heard that there was another trip involved in the Reward Prize Pool again for this week......

05-01-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
New listing no date no link

The Twists Aren't Over

ok vg let's get even more cryptic

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-01-07, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
VG gives the episode title:

"A Smile, Velvet Gloves and a Dagger in My Pocket"

05-02-07, 10:19 AM (EST)
14. "TV Guide Preview"
VG now has the TV Guide preview linked on her page:

Finale Fever!

Jeff Probst Spills the Juicy Details

TV Guide - Hardcopy 5.7.07 Issue

Survivor: Fiji began with controversy when the Moto tribe won the luxury beach while the Ravu tribe had virtually nothing.

So, it is only fitting that the Survivor: Fiji Finale will end in the same way it began, with major controversy. We'll get to that in a moment.

First a quick recap. As of April 26 (I can't play spoiler for those of you reading this before May 3), we're down to our Final Seven: Alex, Boo, Cassandra, Dreamz, Earl, Stacy and Yau-Man.

Now, as the game enters the "every person for himself" phase, Yau-Man and Earl seem to have the most solid alliance, which puts them in a very good position, and it appears that Earl is calling the shots.

Thanks to Mookie's snooping (and, subsequently, being voted off for it), everybody knows that Yau-Man has one of the immunity idols. This could put him in a vulnerable spot because the longer he's allowed to hold onto it, the safer he becomes. This won't sit well with the others, especially considering how likable Yau-Man is and how hard it would be to defeat him at the final vote. I can tell you that at least one more idol gets played at Tribal Council, and it will have an impact. Plus, there is still another hidden idol somewhere at camp and its discovery could dramatically change the power structure.

Cassandra is in a good position because of her relationships with Earl and Dreamz, which could make her a swing vote if alliances shift. Relationships are the only thing that have kept her in this game, since she hasn't performed well at challenges or contributed much around camp.

Stacy is also in a good position, because, for whatever reason, she is one of the least liked, and everybody believes they could beat her in a final vote. The truth hurts, but it's a brutal game.

Alex and Boo are both on the outside. Alex is in trouble as the last of the "four horsemen." As smart as he is, it will take a miracle for him to worm his way back in. He will need to exploit a weak link in the existing alliance or win immunity to keep himself in the game. I thought Boo would be one of the likable heroes this season but once again I was wrong. He has managed to stay in the game longer than expected, and now that could backfire as he's one of the strongest physical competitors left. It's always risky leaving a guy like him in because he could dominate the individual challenges and win his way to the end.

Dreamz is without a doubt the biggest wild card. Survivor has never seen someone play this game this way. Dreamz is playing both sides with reckless abandon. He cannot be trusted and yet people keep telling him everything. Like him or not you have to give him credit for creating complete instability, and he seems to be benefiting from it greatly. At this point, even I am unclear if Dreamz just "doesn't get it" or is simply playing a very masterful game. That question will be answered in these last few days on the island.

Now to the controversy. It starts when we get down to the Final Six on Thursday and it involves the Car Reward Challenge - aka the "Car Curse Challenge." A complex and significant negotiation that involves every player left in the game takes place there. The ramifications of this negotiation will be felt up until the final votes are cast and revealed on Sunday.

More debate and controversy will come from the effects of this single challenge than anything else all season and it will go down as one of the most-talked-about events in the history of our game. In the end it will amount to a decision that could be worth $1 million. At the center of the decision is a simple question: In the game of Survivor, how important is your word?

05-02-07, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TV Guide Preview"
Yau-Man and Earl seem to have the most solid alliance, which puts them in a very good position, and it appears that Earl is calling the shots.

Seem to have?

This won't sit well with the others, especially considering how likable Yau-Man is and how hard it would be to defeat him at the final vote. I can tell you that at least one more idol gets played at Tribal Council, and it will have an impact.

This sounds like Yau-Man will have to use his idol to save himself after all, not someone else.

05-02-07, 11:33 PM (EST)
16. "5/2 Update: The Twists aren't over!"
Can't.stop.laughing

The web promo for Episode 12 promises that the Reward Challenge will not only yield a once-in-a-lifetime reward, it will also give the winner a powerful over the others.

Something like an advantage in an auction envelope?

MeSS posters, led by birdlady astutely worked out that Boo sitting out at the start of the Immunity Challenge was odd, and must have some significance. Indeed, the winner of the RC will be given a pass in the first leg of the Immunity Challenge.

The posters at Survivor Sucks who have been working on the Super Boo thread should get their photochopping fingers ready for new material after this episode airs. The man with the FLOZ cap has back-to-back wins.

Will Earl find the hidden Immunity Idol?

This week? Dunno, but time's running out.....

Will Alex go out fighting?

Maybe Alex is toast this week?

05-03-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
17. "RE: 5/2 Update: The Twists aren't over!"
So then is Boo the arguably strongest male who gives Yau some competition in the challenges? So far Dre hasn't had any individual wins, though he won the RC for his team last week.

05-04-07, 01:52 PM (EST)
18. "A survivor first"

New entry 5/04 that takes you to viccaps to the finale.

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/graphics/gallery/S14ExileIslandImages

05-06-07, 04:56 AM (EST)
19. "RE: A survivor first"
Yau Man will win reward and then ask to send himself to exile island.

05-07-07, 10:14 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 10:15 AM (EST)

May 7 SPOILERS S14: Survivor Fiji - Tracking Tinaicoboga and Raudalice

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1324

Earl benefits from Yau sending himself to exile...probably finds the 3rd idol with the 2 clues.

Also Boo wins Immunity, Yau wins RC and Car but gives to Dre.

TDT surmises Dre still pushes for Yau to go and He gets Boo and Stacy to vote for Yau, Yau pushes for Dre...but Earl and Cass want Dre with them, and they vote Stacy bc Boo is safe. Yau uses his idol to save himself... 3/2/1 vote and Stacy goes.

05-07-07, 11:54 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
TDT surmises Dre still pushes for Yau to go and He gets Boo and Stacy to vote for Yau, Yau pushes for Dre...but Earl and Cass want Dre with them, and they vote Stacy bc Boo is safe. Yau uses his idol to save himself... 3/2/1 vote and Stacy goes.

So what exactly is the deal that Yau Man makes with Dreamz over the car in this scenario? I'll give you the truck if you allow me to get you voted out and when you are on the jury you make sure to vote for me? How does that make any sense?

05-07-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 12:39 PM (EST)

I posted my explanation in the clues thread...but no where does the controversial decision clues of VG say that the betrayal JUST occurs at F4...it starts right away...The deal is "don't vote me out" but Dre breaks his word at F6 too...we know that Yau has to use the idol and it has an effect on the boot...FULL of portent.

It can work no other way...I thought Dre being in full of portent was bc he was given the idol...I think he is there bc he makes Yau use his idol.. Yau finds out about Dre from Cass (the covert op imo)

Yeah, I don't think Dre is getting any votes from the jury...also the controversial decision was set up last week with the the letter and Dre saying he will do ANYTHING to win...

05-07-07, 12:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
but no where does the controversial decision clues of VG say that the betrayal JUST occurs at F4

I didn't say that it did, nor have I ever. But for a person to do anything to win, he has to give himself a fighting chance to win.

I think that Cassandra and Earl will be the snakiest of all in this episode.

Yau told them that he wanted to keep Stacy, yet they know it is not in their best interest to do so. By voting Stacy they have not directly turned on Yau so they still have that to fall back on. Not to mention that it won't hurt either of their feelings to have Yau Man have to use his idol, especially if Dreamz is the bad guy in bringing it out and betraying him. Plus Earl knows he is sitting on the other HII, he is feeling very safe.

Dreamz will betray Yau, no question. I'm just trying to get my arms around the deal that is involved. Maybe Yau being exiled is worse for him because A. Earl finds the idol while he is gone and B. The others all have a chance to talk about him without him overhearing.

05-07-07, 12:52 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
There was this from Probst, too:

Now to the controversy. It starts when we get down to the Final Six on Thursday and it involves the Car Reward Challenge - aka the "Car Curse Challenge." A complex and significant negotiation that involves every player left in the game takes place there. The ramifications of this negotiation will be felt up until the final votes are cast and revealed on Sunday.

More debate and controversy will come from the effects of this single challenge than anything else all season and it will go down as one of the most-talked-about events in the history of our game. In the end it will amount to a decision that could be worth $1 million. At the center of the decision is a simple question: In the game of Survivor, how important is your word?

05-07-07, 01:24 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
BR, where is Jiffy quote from? I thought it was from his initial comments but this is current.

05-07-07, 02:09 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
It's from the current TV guide article, posted on SurvivorFever.

05-07-07, 01:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

I did not say that you did say that about the betrayal being at just F4..I just assumed that was what happened bc Yau is ousted at F4...but after reading VG's clues today, I went back and looked at the info. on the controversial decision and it did not say when the betrayal occurred...it has to start at F6.

Now BR's post is interesting too...that Jiffy says that the promise/deal involves not just Yau and Dre but others too.

And you are right, Earl and Cassandra really do mess up Yau's game. Now they either do it in the open or they are snakes. Earl was really set in not backstabbing Yau last week.

C/E know that Y wants Stacy to be in the F4, not Dre, Y said that last week. But Cass and Earl want Dre there bc he's loyal to them.

Who is the secret eavesdropper and does he/she tell anyone what he/she heard? VG says its an unlikely person...if it was Boo as BR suggested it might be, he won't be telling Yau about Dre's betrayal because he has to vote with Dre to try to oust Yau (bc his idol does effect the boot)

I think its Cass who is the eavesdropper (although we saw her with Stacy trying to listen to Alex and MOokie it was not planned). Cass really likes Yau (and Dre) and tells Yau about Dre's plans to let Y know he should use his HI. But either C/E tell Yau that they won't vote Dre but instead vote Stacy and Yau agrees to stick with Cass and Earl and also votes Stacy and it's a 3/3 tie.......or Yau asks them to vote Dre and they waffle about it and vote Stacy...with Yau being the lone Dre vote.

05-07-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I don't think the eavesdropper is Cassandra because the misdirection says:

"One Survivor creates a hidden path to eavesdrop on conversations, while back at camp, others plot to take him out of the game." I think it's a male since they didn't use the ambiguous "them" -- and besides, I don't think anyone would be plotting to get Cassandra out.

05-07-07, 02:36 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Well then it has to be Yau....he finds out himself about the betrayal...it just doesn't seem like he is unusual choice bc he already has been shown to be sneaky (with Sylvia) .....

It wouldn't be Boo then bc usually they only show boot stuff after IC and Boo wins II. It's not Earl bc he isn't a target just like Cass.

This works out better for what Cass and Earl ultimately may do (as surmised by TDT). Yau finds out about Dre's betrayal and goes to Cass and Earl and tells them about the betrayal. They either waffle and tell him it's awful to Yau but then decide just btw 2 of them that they'll get Stacy out with the idol....or to be really snaky and for them to be part of "not keeping their word" they tell Yau that they will vote Dre but then don't. I think Earl will have a harder time doing this than Cass (she was contemplating voting Yau out last week). If it is Cass that thinks of the split vote for STacy and convinces Earl to also vote for Stacy, she will have finally started to play the game for herself and not just tagging along. Or will Earl finally make a move himself against his trusted ally, Yau?

ETA:

this is what VG says...

As a footnote, and perhaps for comic relief in Episode 13, the last player anyone would suspect of covert ops will rise in an attempt to gain intelligence about fellow players.

You know, maybe it is Boo and he does it after RC and before IC when Yau is on Exile. Then after IC, Dre moves the target to Yau.

05-07-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-07 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

Well to me it has to be Boo. Everyone else has already done something that would qualify as "covert." It probably happens between challenges.

ETA: I doubt the negotation at the RC really "involves" everyone as Probst says -- most likely it is done in front of everyone so everyone is aware of it, but not everyone is actually part of it.

05-07-07, 06:11 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I agree BR, my take on it is that it affects everyone left in the game, but doesn't involve everyone left in the game.

05-08-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I agree too...I was thinking about this and I agree too that it is Boo...what he hears is that they are going after him (this is btw RC and IC when Yau is on Exile) He is flabberghasted by Earl etc. and therefore, after the IC when Dre comes to him to help him vote out someone, he does it. It's not info on Yau that Boo gets, it's info on himself that makes him wake up and smell the coffee!

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-09-07, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
>Earl benefits from Yau sending himself
>to exile...probably finds the 3rd
>idol with the 2 clues.

The choice Yau-Man makes which benefits Earl is to share his clues with him.

05-08-07, 11:27 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-07 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

The Cast Page is updated to reveal confirm the Final 6's order:

F3: Cassandra, Dre, Earl
F4: Yau
F5: Boo
F6: Stacy (boing!)

05-08-07, 11:36 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
well the Cass..Dre..Earl order is just alphabetical of the F3 not how they finish imo

ECD for me

05-08-07, 11:52 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
That will be the F3 order, I think. If Dre gets one vote, it might be from Rocky. Other than that, his snakeness will kill him in the end............

05-08-07, 11:55 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
I'm thinking now that Dreamz would get more votes than Cassandra (if either of them get any).

05-08-07, 12:38 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
if Cass actually starts to play the game and be the decider who ousts Stacy instead of Dre...I think she might get Alex' vote...

But I think she may still get Stacy's and/or Lisi's. Dre...I don't see him getting anyone's but Alex. It could be the reason why they stressed their friendship...

05-08-07, 08:07 PM (EST)
38. "Voice over of a new promo"
JP: Alright in Thirteen the car Reward or the car curse is back....
Boo(from video camp clip): "It's the car challenge!"
Boo(from video camp clip): "Do ya know what that means?"
JP: Anybody who has won the car challenge has never won the game.
Boo(from video camp clip): "Holy crap y'all".
JP: Could it change this season? Yes I can tell you this...there is a wrinkle in this car Reward that we've never had before, that will lead to one of the most dramatic decisions we've ever had on Survivor.
JP(from video RC clip): "You're saying: 'I'll give you the truck and if we're both in the Final 4 together...and you win that Immunity Challenge, he'll give it to you. You're willing to take that risk?'"
JP: And it all starts in the next episode.

So now we know the deal, and what a huge risk Yau is taking. He must truly be superstitious.

05-09-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

OOOOOOOH neato

So of course Dre makes the deal to get the car for his family and then wants to get Yau out before F4 so he never will be faced with that decision. Dre can't do it bc this week Y uses the HI and next week he wins IC. Then Dre does win the IC at F4 and betrays Yau... ooooh that TC is going to be delicious!

ETA: I think deal is just to Dre too...Yau knows he needs it the most...

05-09-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
So Yau is throwing this proposition out to everyone? Wow. That is so risky. And then Dreamz happens to be the one to win the F4 immunity. Bad move, Yauman.

05-09-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
So Yau is throwing this proposition out to everyone? Wow. That is so risky. And then Dreamz happens to be the one to win the F4 immunity. Bad move, Yauman.

No, he is making the proposition to Dreamz. The deal is that if they both get to the F4 (the core 4 that Cass and Earl want) and Dreamz wins the final immunity challenge, then at that point Dreamz would give the necklace to Yau Man. Dreamz agrees to it and takes the keys to the truck.

Stacy then Boo, then we do have the core 4, Dreamz does win the final IC but changes his mind as he can smell the money. He doesn't give the necklace to Yau and as has been foreshadowed, Yau gets voted out 3-1.

05-09-07, 10:59 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 11:02 AM (EST)

But why would Yau make an offer specifically to Dreamz when he wants to get Dreamz out? (He's even heard saying that in the promos.) Isn't it possible the offer is open to everyone and Dreamz accepts it? (That could also explain what JP meant when he said it involves everyone left in the game.)

I also was reading the particulars differently, though you are probably right. I don't know what sane person could be expected to give up immunity at F4 though.

05-09-07, 11:03 AM (EST)
46. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
I think it's also Yau's way of getting Dre to his side (he knows he either has to do that or get him out)...to vote Cass out instead of him at F4... Dre needs the car the most...

Funny, after the deal is made it actually makes them (logically) want to get the other out!!

05-09-07, 11:09 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

But I don't get it. From Yau's point of view, he's irrevocably given away the car for a promise of immunity at F4. So then he's going to spend the rest of the time trying to get rid of the one person who promised Yau the immunity if they won it?

ETA: Okay, well it *does* make sense if Yau-Man finds out that Dre wants to get rid of him at this TC, which he apparently will, since he plays the idol.

05-09-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
BR, they way I see it this is Yau's back up plan in case he can't get Dreamz out of the game before the final 4. He knows Dreamz is Cass/Earl's choice for F4, he also knows in that scenario he will be the odd man out. By making this deal with Dreamz he is ridding himself of the car curse, hopefully getting himself a 2/4 chance at the immunity necklace at the F4. He still wants to try to get Dreamz out of the game before F4 because he truly believes that his best chance to get to the F3 is by bringing Stacy into the 4, but if this doesn't happen, the deal with Dreamz is his back up.

05-09-07, 12:34 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

It's a no-brainer that anyone would renege on that deal though. It also makes it clear that Yau doesn't trust Earl and Cassandra. Yau is overthinking. He'd be better off waiting until F4 and seeing if there is a worthwhile deal to be made with someone at that point.

05-09-07, 12:47 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 12:48 PM (EST)

I agree completely with KT that it's Yau's back up plan and I agree it is very unlikely anyone would actually give up the idol at F4 unless he's already in a tight alliance.

But, the end effect from this deal is that Dre WILL NOT WIN THE MILLION because he reneges and is seen as so much of a snake. Sort of like Yau "snitching" on Mookie and ALex for snooping in his bag. The others will not like it. So even tho Dre gets Yau out at F4, he loses the game himself in the process. Actually Dre would have had a better chance in winning the entire game by keeping the deal with Yau and winning the tiebreaker against Cass...

05-09-07, 12:54 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-07 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

Actually Dre would have had a better chance in winning the entire game by keeping the deal with Yau and winning the tiebreaker against Cass...

Or not accepting Yau-Man's bribe to begin with.

ETA: I wonder if, after the events of this episode, production tinkered with the F4 challenge to make sure it was something Dre could win.

05-09-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Voice over of a new promo"
true true but he can't help himself...it's a tough thing to turn down for someone newly married and expecting a new baby (although the taxes on the truck's value will take a nice bit of change from his 2nd or 3rd place $)

I know if I was in Yau's position, which I am closer too, I would definitely try to make a deal...not the deal Yau made but I would give that gas guzzler away and try to get something for it maybe just a promise to not vote against me (which I think we all thought the deal was before the voiceover came out), and maybe what Cindy may have gotten if he gave everyone the car, good will on jury (if you make it there)

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-09-07, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-07 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

I was curious about the episode title so I googled it and came up with this Fijian folk tale

http://www.uexpress.com/tellmeastory/index.html?uc_full_date=20040215

Tinaicoboga was a Fijian princess and her daughter was Raudalice. It is a story of how they escaped capture by fisherman from a neighboring island by transforming themselves into sea turtles.

I guess this will be the tale Jeff tells and the Survivors will need to remember the details in order to win the challenge.

ETA: This does not refer to the actual CBS episode title; it is the title VG has given the episode on her spoiler page.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-07, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Escaped capture by transforming into sea turtles? Could also be a reference to Yau Man using a turtle-shaped immunity idol to save himself.

05-09-07, 08:17 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Survivor Phoenix Updates part 2"
Which is why a turtle was selected as the HII in the first place, symbolism.

05-12-07, 11:37 PM (EST)
54. "5/12 post"
http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1325

Ethics and the Power of Your word

Yau wins F5 Immunity
but loses F4 when he slips when changing positions

Yau-Man could have won the F4 IC. The challenge involved balance and endurance, with players hanging on a slanted board. For added difficulty, the players were subjected to water torture as well. Yau-Man is out of the challenge when he slips while changing positions.

and VG says...

We will add our prediction for the outcome on our cast page before the show airs.

and Survivor Skills...who knew?

05-13-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
55. "RE: 5/12 post"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-07 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/S14/cast.htm

Earl...could be first unanimous vote!

tie btw

Dre--gets Twilaed at final TC just a game broken promise

Cass--weve got nothing

VG says to look at jury too...

Final TC:

BOO gives the most scathing speech against DRE!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •