The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

clara 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-08-04, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail clara Click to send private message to clara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Jesse made a mistake? No, of course he didn't. It was never a mistake that Jesse gave Katie a rose. And yes, this show is a con game.

In fact, since Jesse gave fifteen roses to the ladies including "a spy", the situation resulted in that he gave, in total, fourteen roses to the actual competiting ladies. So Jesse and ABC TV people are very likely to hatch a plot for Jesse to give one more rose to one of the remaining ladies. Why, why sixteen roses for just this time?

And one more thing about racial problem in this show. This show always pretends to be politically correct, which isn't so. Please cut it out. The TV producers of this show pretend that they carefully selected ladies of various races for equal opportunity.

There has been not an interracial couple so far. The TV producers should find about a bachelor or bachelorette's racial preferences first, and then select competitors according to the bachelor or bachelorette's racial preferences. It's not good at all to decorate the TV scenes and settings with competitors who would never ever to be selected.

Viewers are not fools.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! mookiemeister 04-08-04 1
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! covertwo 04-08-04 2
   RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! RyrieRae 04-09-04 3
       RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! cubeman777 04-09-04 4
       RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! realityshowgeek 04-11-04 10
           RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! RebelYell 04-13-04 12
   RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! Sweater_Puffs 04-11-04 6
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! Sweater_Puffs 04-11-04 5
   RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! leogirl_21 04-11-04 7
       RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! Sweater_Puffs 04-11-04 8
           RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! redphinn 04-11-04 9
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! schmoe 04-12-04 11
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! mmm_link 04-14-04 13
 RE: Jesse made a mistake? No! Big Al 04-15-04 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-08-04, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I thought the mistake was a bit off too. And then I remember they mentioned that he has a spy in the group. So it makes sense to plant a spy in the group and still have his 15 girls to pick from.

Also, maybe this is a sneaky way of lettting the girls know that something is up when they reveal later on that there is a spy amonyg the group.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

covertwo 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-08-04, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail covertwo Click to send private message to covertwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
excellent post clara

great thinking on the extra rose. Never questioned it till now. Thats a deceptive stunt that the tv gurus are only too willing to conceive. The reaction seemed genuine but then these stunts are the norm for reality tv that you really cant dismiss.

And the racial preference item is right on. Its just a waste of time and opportunities for the people involved.

RyrieRae 416 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-09-04, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RyrieRae Click to send private message to RyrieRae Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I'm with you on the race thing. It's almost more embarassing that they pick "token" ethinicities to be represented. And does someone tell the bachelor that he must pick a black person in at least the first round, or does he always just do it out of diplomacy? Also, when are we going to see a black bachelor, Huh?

However, I am not with you on the accident thing. 14 girls is still a lot to choose from. What, is he going to make a name blunder EVERY time there is a rose ceremony just so he can keep his spy and his fair share of girls?

cubeman777 2 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-04, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cubeman777 Click to send private message to cubeman777 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Hey,

If they had a black bachelor would he be truly black or be barely black? Good question, huh?

realityshowgeek 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-11-04, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realityshowgeek Click to send private message to realityshowgeek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
>Also, when are we going
>to see a black bachelor,
>Huh?
>
This sounds terrible, but I for one hope they never have a black bachelor. Speaking as a black woman, I will put my foot through my t.v. when he picks either a white, latina, or asian woman. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of black men who believe it's an accomplishment to marry a woman of a different race. The men on the bachelor have all been pretty successful as far as career/wealth, so that will only increase the liklihood he would not pick a black woman. Sad, but true.
Please no lectures on race relations and love is colorblind. I know better.

RebelYell 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-04, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RebelYell Click to send private message to RebelYell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
2 things ... first, the shows are about ratings and I wonder what the feeling of producers is on having a non-white Bachelor/Bachelorette. My initial thought is that ratings would suffer. That's not meant to be insensitive or inflammatory, just my thinking.
(And don't be fooled by the nickname ... I'm a minority hire at my workplace)

But yes, I do agree that PC is taken too far in shows like this, especially where relationships are involved. I wonder, too, if the bachelors/bachelorettes were asked about whether they would be willing to be involved with someone of a different color. I guess that would have something to do with it.

And finally, I have to disagree with clara.
Jesse is a moron, plain and simple. He's a football playuh. He screwed up and there was no planning that took place. He put one of the girls in an embarrassing situation and if it was contrived by the producers, then they should be ashamed of themselves.
If Katie had been "the mole," then yes, I could see where actions like this are acceptable. As the mole, Katie has a free pass to do/say whatever she wants and act more suspicious while digging up information for Jesse.
But the fact is, Katie ain't the mole.
Jen S., the swimmer, went to school with Jesse at UF ... I tried to recall what it is she said in her few face-time interviews (can somebody help me there?). My theory was the "spy/mole" was not going to lie to the viewing audience by saying she was "here to fall in love and find the man of my dreams," etc. My initial suspects were the couple of girls who talked about big families (without talking about falling in love) ... anyway, I've since learned that the spy is indeed Jen S., thus blowing the Katie theory out of the water.

... And supporting my "Jesse is a moron" theory.
I mean, how many other bachelors and bachelorettes have we had without a screw-up of this proportion? You know they must have had some help. Crib notes or something. Maybe a teleprompter?? LOL ...
It's understandable that he didn't know all of their names, but he can read, can't he?
Or maybe he only reads French.

Whatta maroon.

Sweater_Puffs 269 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-04, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I liked Celeste. Maybe she'll hook up with one of Jessie's friends.

04-11-04, 01:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sweater_Puffs Click to send private message to Sweater_Puffs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I agree. Jessie is quite an actor, and a devious one at that. He looks like a fool on the outside, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

It was set up, he had to give the rose to Katie because I think she's the spy, yet he's entitled to the same number of choices as all the other bachelors before him, so he got the extra rose for Karen.

They put mosaics on the spy's entire body, did you notice that? This one looks pretty freaky, a stalker? What were they thinking?

leogirl_21 371 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-11-04, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leogirl_21 Click to send private message to leogirl_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Did they also change the voice of the spy when she is speaking as the spy on camera? Because Jenny S has a different voice than the one that they use for the spy.

04-11-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I was wondering about the voice too. It's like they did the helium effect on her, but maybe not. It's hard to tell, plus I think she has her hair up or has a wig on.

With further thought, it's possible that the one who got the first impression rose could also be the spy. As far as getting the dirt on the cattiness of the girls, it might make sense for the first impression rose to go to the spy as she would become the target for all kinds of backfire and cattiness, sabotage, etc.

Jessie can't take a tease which bothers me. Too much fire and not enough fluff for the fun times. He didn't care for that one girl who made the gator figure with her hands, silly and childish reaction if you ask me.

On the other hand, he does have a lot of good qualities. I am impressed with his accomplishments, and he seems the most palatable of all the bachelors, they just tend to get on this never ending ego trip, and they think the world owes them a favor all day every day. No sense of humility with a lot of these contestants and not very thankful for the gifts they have received in life whether they worked hard for it or not.

redphinn 4 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-04, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redphinn Click to send private message to redphinn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
It did seem at first like he was really sweating it. I felt bad for him and for Katie. He overcame it pretty quickly and the host came up with a solution that could only have been thought of a head of time, with more than just him and Jesse deciding. However, I think they are protecting the spy's identity still. I think Karen, Katie and Trish are just red herrings to distract us from who she really is. Unfortunately I can't offer any substitutes yet. Once we see next weeks episode it should be easier to pick her out.

schmoe 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-12-04, 03:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail schmoe Click to send private message to schmoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
I have no doubt the producers of reality shows attempt to fool viewers into one possible conclusion so that the real conclusion becomes a "shocker".

I have no doubt the producers of reality shows hire contestents based on their entertainment value and not on "talent". I think we can all agree that Omarosa wasn't selected for the Apprentice because of her business acumen.

However, I think we get carried away with this conspiracy stuff. I don't believe that last week's mistake was a planned stunt. I don't believe Jesse is that good an actor. I think in the process of filming a reality show, mistakes and twists do randomly happen, and its just good entertainment value to catch them and put on the show.

mmm_link 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-14-04, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mmm_link Click to send private message to mmm_link Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Or put Hally Berry in the lineup.

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-04, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jesse made a mistake? No!"
Now that we have had a football player bachelor, it sets a precedent and I think O. J. Simpson is currently available so he could be the first Black bachelor. We can have young girls, mature women, and girls of various ethnicity. Imagine the look on the face of the girls as they arrive and are surprised about who they will be competing for. Will you accept this rose?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •