The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Family - Episode 9/3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

sbeck 418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-03-03, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Family - Episode 9/3"
I don't want to spoil this for anyone who doesn't get the East coast feed, so I am putting in some filler. Filler, filler, filler, filler, and more filler!

Okay, I cannot believe that Aunt Donna said what she said about the Board of Trustees: "they know to put a plate in front of you and do your laundry"? Ouch!

I also would like to say that I cannot stand that stupid stylist! I never liked her, and I still don't. I was also surprised that the chef voted off Dawn Marie...

I would love to see Dawn Marie win the fortune. She's been my favorite from Day 2 (on Day 1, I just couldn't get past that accent). I can relate to her, which is why I would like to see her win. But Cousin Mike is okay, too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Majic Mitch 09-04-03 1
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 sbeck 09-04-03 2
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 dajaki 09-04-03 12
 RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Lisapooh 09-04-03 3
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Majic Mitch 09-04-03 4
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Joyful 09-04-03 8
       RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Spidey 09-04-03 9
       RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Joyful 09-04-03 10
           RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Lisapooh 09-04-03 14
               RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 Joyful 09-05-03 16
 RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 toddE 09-04-03 5
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 sbeck 09-04-03 6
   RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 SurvivaBear 09-04-03 7
       RE: The Family - Episode 9/3 okdebi 09-04-03 15
 Did anyone catch the SaphireLady 09-04-03 11
   RE: Did anyone catch the sbeck 09-04-03 13
       RE: Did anyone catch the dajaki 09-05-03 17
           RE: Did anyone catch the sbeck 09-05-03 18
               RE: Did anyone catch the SurvivaBear 09-08-03 23
                   RE: Did anyone catch the okdebi 09-08-03 25
           RE: Did anyone catch the Lisapooh 09-05-03 19
               RE: Did anyone catch the sbeck 09-05-03 20
               RE: Did anyone catch the Loree 09-06-03 21
                   RE: Did anyone catch the Loree 09-06-03 22
                       RE: Did anyone catch the SaphireLady 09-08-03 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-03, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
So who do we think will be voted back in and who do you think will win? I don't think it's going to matter, and I think Mike will still take it all.

Also, when the board was revealed and little Anthony said he wanted to know what the criteria was, cause it couldn't be based on personality, I almost spewed some cola, it was soooooo funny.

09-04-03, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sbeck Click to send private message to sbeck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I agree with everything you said, Majic Mitch.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-04-03, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
My jaw hit the floor. He said it couldn't have been based on character, because he has the best personality. Apparently he thinks the two are synonymous. What an idiot. He's got loads of personality, but not one drop of character. I think he is the worst representation of American Italian manhood I've ever seen. He is the embodiment of every negative stereotype. I'm sure we've all noticed that every decision made is all about him. What an ego on that bandana wearing freak!

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-04-03, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I missed it last night so thanks for the recap. Ed got the boot I take it against Dawn Marie?

If anyone feels compelled to give us a blow by blow that would be cool!

I really love this show - the opening is so campy and it's been a great run!

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I'm drawn to the music and the opening credits, it's so Dallas, and Dynasty.
I miss that.

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-04-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"

>If anyone feels compelled to give
>us a blow by blow
>that would be cool!

I've never done a re-cap but I'll give it a try. Things might be slightly out of order but the jist is correct

The show opens with Uncle Mike talking about how upset he is at being eliminated and having to sit at the kitchen table. He immediatly takes over and starts talking about getting all the eliminated family members together for a meeting about who they were going to put back into the game. Although he danced around it, he was seriously lobbing for himself. He told them all that he had, from the start, planned on everyone getting an equal share of the money. (yea Right!) This does not sit well with Robert who feels his worst fear has come true and Uncle Mike is underminding all his work to get himself back in the game. Robert and Uncle Mike get into a forceful, yet polite conversation about the money and Robert says that unlike he's earlier stated, he MAY think that an equal share for all MAY be the way to go too. Uncle Mike pats him on the shoulder and says with a swarmmy smile, "I'm not so sure you're the one I'd put back in the game" Then eyes those around the table.
The scence shifts to Robert and Uncle Mike talking to various family members about each other. Robert talks to Cousin Mike about how Uncle Mike is once again trying to control everybody and telling them what they should do. Aunt Donna and Jill are talking to Uncle Mike about how Robert said he would share with everyone but he didn't say how much. They flashback to when Robert nominated Jill and her reaction and her saying theat he was a traitor and that she has totally turned against him. Aunt Donna ends the conversation by saying "he got a Mazaraghti(sp?) what more does he expect?" Cut to Robert saying "it's crunch time, every man for himself".
Next up is Anthony waxing poetic about how "things are just nuts" now that fantasy comps are done and it's done to the last two eliminations. He shows support for Ed saying he hopes Ed wins.
Ed, Dawn Marie, and Cousin Mike are shown wearing tight spandex black pants and blue(Ed), red,(DM) and yellow(CM) shirts. They each talk about how tense they are, then a couple of staff members are on saying how tense the vibe is in the house (OK we get it! Everybody's tense!!!)
Time for the first Elimination comp. They get out of the limo in a large field and see 3 very tall metal towers. (they kinda resemble ladders, except they are about two and a half feet in diameter and seem triangular in shape. There are metal criss-cross rungs for climbing) At 25ft, 50ft and 100ft there are small square platforms they have five minutes to climb to each platform (a tile about 1 foot by 1 foot, not big at all!) and then stand with their toes up to the edge and stand for one minute with holding on the the stucture behind them. If they all make it to the top level then it becomes a test of endurance and the first two down will go before the board. Dawn Marie fears she's about to have another panic attack. Ed is too scared to speak and Cousin Mike appears in the standard re-cap interview pose talking about how Dawn Marie didn't think she'd make it to far up. He added that she's been scared of everything so far. Ed mentions he is shaking a lot.
The comp starts to the encourging cheers of the rest of the family. Dawn Marie can only keep saying "Oh my GAWD" as her helmet camera shows the ground getting further and further away.
They make it to 25 ft. Ed's legs are shaking visibly. Mike seems calm enough and Dawn Marie keeps telling herself not to look down as she keeps looking down. (you gotta love her).
Aunt Donna asks "why is Ed's tower shaking so much?" Uncle Mike replies "because he's shaking so much"
They move to 50 ft. Ed is getting really nervous, he shuts his eyes as he moves into place on the platform. Uncle mike yells up, "you better open your eyes Ed". Interview Ed explains that he was just trying to focus on being somewhere else.
Dawn Marie is now breathing so hard into her microphone I wonder if she's about to hyperventilate. Again with the "oh Gawd"'s Interview Dawn Marie says that she is telling herself to "shape up and just do this". Tower Dawn Marie is whispering to herself "you can do this, mind over matter" she repeats this again and again as she occasionally takes a peek at the ground far, far below. Anthony and others are yelling and clapping encouragement to Dawn Marie.
They move up to 100 ft to the cheers from the rest of the family. They show the three at the top 45 minutes later. Dawn Marie is moving her shoulders up and down, probably from a cramp. Ed looks like he about to throw up and says that he's becoming tired from the constant shaking of his legs. He gives up. He turns to climb down and Aunt Donna puts her hands to her mouth clearly upset he gave up. Interview Ed says he knew that Mike and Dawn Marie were not going top give up anytime soon so he might as well get down. He's disappointed in himself. Anthony talks about how Ed was the last of their alliance (where are they Big Brother?).
Dawn Marie is singing "Ten Little Indians" as she stands there an hour later. Interview Dawn says she was doing anything to keep her mind off where she was. She says in her mind she wasn't on a small space, she was on a...large space and that's what helped keep her focus. Mike could be a statue for all the expression he was showing.
At 2 hours and 5 minutes Dawn is close to tears. Says her feet are burning. Mike is finally showing signs of fatigue, blinking alot and wetting his lips a lot. Interview Mike says he was barley holding on, the cramp in his leg was so painful he lost focus and the ground began to blur when he looked down. Tower Dawn is praying to God asking for help. Interview Dawn says she felt like she was about to fall. Back to the tower and Mike can't take it anymore. He yells over to Dawn that he's going down. He says "you're the girl Dawn" then painfully moves to climb down. Dawn yells back, "I've got your back Mike"
It's over. As they are lowered to the ground by their safty ropes unable to climb down themselves. Dawn is surrounded by the family with lots of hugs and kisses and praise. Mike falls to the ground exhusted. Interview Dawn tells how proud of herself she is that she beat the two guys. Then various family members talk on how strong Dawn has become because of all this and how much she has changed.
Mike and Ed's names are put before the board. Interview Mike talks about how he has to keep up the faith, that the board has been good to him and he hopes it continues. Interview Ed says he's worried about going up against 3 time BOT favorite Mike.
The board are in there little dungeon talking about Mike and Ed. Ringo thinks Ed is a fake. Stylist Jill talks about a tender moment she had with Ed when he thanked her for all she's taught him. Ringo is pissed because he remembers when Cousin Mike said the exact same thing the week earlier to him in front of a sunbathing Ed. Ringo thinks Ed is a phony and is suspicious of his motives. Jill defends Ed vehemen

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-03, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
Thank you Joyful! (And welcome to the boards!) I missed the show.

What else happened? How did Dawn Marie get eliminated? I assume there were 2 elims last night?

So the family gets to pick one person to go back in against C. Mike for a final competition?

09-04-03, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
sorry, I clicked the wrong button

Jill defends Ed vehemently. Ringo says no one can question Mike's sincere character, not so with Ed. Chef disagrees and says he finds nothing wrong with Ed at all. Butler Andrew brings up that Rindo was judgmental about Mike and his tatoos when he first came. Ringo says that Mike needs polishing but he has the best character. Andrew goes on to point out how freaked out (my words, not his) Ed seemed to be on the past two comps. (I believe Andrew is calling Ed a wussy!)
Andrew finishes by saying that although Mike is sweet and kind, he believes Mike has the backbone to "do the right thing" with the money. (they always say this...tell me what is the right thing).
We next see Ed laying on the couch with a pillow over his face saying he has a killer headache. Donna worries that if Mike wins he won't share the money. (DUH!)
The family is in the portrait room waiting for the boards answer. .........
Ed is denied access.
Everyone hugs and Mike has a nice smile. The family finds out they will meet the board the next day. (insert dramatic shocked looks all around)
We see the family coming into a room and sit, Dawn and Mike in front. They are facing what looks like a stage and there are numerous empty chairs. George comes out and says you've met many people during your stay then the people that came to the house file out and sit. The chauffer, the very buff personal trainer lady (you can almost see Anthony's pants becoming too small when he smiles at seeing her) the opera people etc etc. George says the board has watched you, got to know you...will the 5 members of the board please come forward. (insert the family on the edge of their seats looking, what else, tense). Then the housekeeper comes out, then Ringo, then Jill (who earlier worried that the family might feel betrayed) then the chef. (Andrew was standing beside George the whole time.) There are a few gasps, and a few bleeping out of swear words. (I mean we know these people too!)
Then Mike jumps up and starts hugging each one of them. Interview Mike says he couldn't help it, he was so grateful they kept him in the game. He shakes Andrews hand saying, "I know you don't like hugs" Dawn is staring at the floor shocked. She can't look at them. Interview Ringo says he feels bad for her.
Interview Dawn says she was is shock. She says if she knew that they could be the BOT she wouldn't have been such a pain. (although she's crying when she says this, I can't help but laugh out loud!) Interview Anthony feels betrayed. George tells Dawn and Mike they will meet with the board tonight and they each will have a chance to pled their case to the board before the board makes it's final decision.
The family moves outside. Anthony sits at the patio table and says he so upset he hopes they all die tomorrow. Interview Anthony says "just when you think you know somebody they stab you in the back" he complains that the board should not have been people so closely "related to us" during their stay. He says that he'd like to know what they based their decisions on because it couldn't be character because he has the best personality in the house. Cut to him telling one of the maids that she should be ironing his shirt naked. Cut to the housekeeper calling him a "incorrigible little punk".
Next is Aunt Donna, who was all smiles and claps in the room but now she's outside with Ed and she is mad! She says she's curious on how they came to their decisions, to quote her "whadda they know?..they know how to put a plate in front of you and do your laundry they don't know you" Interview Donna goes on. "they don't know me or my family from a hole in the wall. For them to be the people who size us up and decide our fate.." she kinda grunts and rolls her eyes at this point, "I could care less what they think."
Jill the stylist says, "we have every right to judge their character, we are looking at them and everything they do."
Andrew says "the family didn't know we were shown clips of their activites."
Donna is still pissed and she's going on about the chef, "who's he to judge. How could he judge from the kitchen?" Ed agrees.
Cut to Aunt Donna insulting the food on the first night in front of the chef. Interview Franck says (insert french accent here) " I think she's a mean person even from my kitchen I can see that"
Interview Donna is STILL going off.. "I want to know what they talked about in their meetings...what they used to judge us" Cut to the Donna's eviction and various deservedly mean things being said about her. (I wish I could have been in the room when Donna saw that episode!!!)Interview Donna says " they aren't fit to be the board, they don't know what the hell their doing." (ahh, they got rid of you, I think they do!)
More discussion of various family members of the big shock. Dawn's soaking her feet in the hot tub and crying, she thinks she up the creek without a paddle. She thinks Franck hates her. Cut to her in the kitchen complaining about the "donkey meat" hamburgers. Uncle Mike gives a tense crying Dawn a pat and says "of all 10 of us including me I'd vote to have you represent the family"
Mike is first in front of the board. He gives a nervous laugh while sitting. They are in the BOT dungeon. Mike begins by thanking them all again. He says he has learned so much from each of them that has really opened his eyes to the outside world. He says if he gets the money then the lives of his whole family will change. His mother and sister...set. His brother and 5 month old godson...set. Your decision will effect my family more then me, my life won't change, theirs will. He closes by again saying that all he has been through has changed him in such a positive way that he feels he already did win.
In comes Dawn, trying to hold back the tears. She starts by saying that she is still in shock and it would be easier if it were strangers. She starts to cry, "this is so hard" She tries to suck up to Franck and says " I spent many hours in the kitchen, which I could have been annoying, but I really enjoyed that and learned so much." She goes on, "I was being myself, you know me so well and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing but it's just me and I'm sorry if I offended anyone."
Ringo asks her what was her greatest challenge. "leaving my kids" big tears now, (even I got a little misty) she goes on the say she feels guilty about leaving them but she really needed to do something just for her, she hadn't done that in a long time.
The wait has started and Dawn Marie looks like she is ready to implode from the tension. She says over and over I wish they'd just hurry up. At one point she says it's been too much for one day and she's just going to bed, she dosen't care what the decision is. (she doesn't go)
the family weighs in on who they hope win. Jill and Melinda have grown close to Mike are are pulling for him to win. Uncle Mike and Aunt Donna don't want a "stanger" controlling the family fortune. They are behind Dawn. (Uncle Mike talks about Cousin Mike controlling the money "that's not going to happen" he says confidently)
The board give the same arguments they gave the other times these two were up. Dawn is a big baby emotionally, but she has grown the most since she been in the house. Mike is as genuine and sweet as the first day he walked in the house and will do the right thing with the money. Ringo thinks it comes down to Dawn is the better competitive. The others think she is not as genuine as Mike and puts on a nice front then talks bad about everyone to their backs.
Decision made, they assemble in the portrait room. Each of the BOT takes turns thanking the family and telling them it has been a honor to work with and for them. A few seem close to tears including Franck the chef.
They envelope is opened and by a vote of 3 to 2 Dawn Marie is the last family member to be denied access by the board.
Dawn takes it well and surprisingly doesn't start crying right away. She sits with her chin held incredibly high. (The pose she's in reminds me of when they were playing that family poker game and Melinda had to pick who was nominated along with herself and she picked Dawn, remember?)
George dismissed the staff and informs the family for the next week they will have no staff and will have to cook and clean for themselves. They all look crushed! (some look more upset by that then losing a chance at the money) Anthony pipes up, "get busy Mom" George also tells them the denied family members will decide by secret ballot (they are not allowed to vote for themselves)which one will come back and compete against Mike in the most challanging comp yet.
George leaves and the family do their standard after someone gets kicked out of the game hugs. Now Dawn starts to cry. She says she's not upset about being kicked out she just wish it would of happened sooner then she wouldn't have had to go up on that f'n tower.
Outside Cousin Mike shares a very sweet heartfelt hug with Dawn Marie and holds her tight. He says "don't cry you're making me cry"
Interview Dawn says, " I don't need 5 people telling me that I can go on. I know in my heart and in my mind I can conquer anything."
Interview Uncle Mike can't believe the BOT didn't pick Dawn. He can't figure out what about Mike was so impressive. He expresses worry that if Mike wins he won't share the money. He says he's the only unknown, he knows everyone else. How can you trust someone you don't really know.
The End.
PS. Jill the stylist and Ringo are the two that voted in Dawn's favor, the other three Andrew, Franck and the housekeeper voted for Mike to win.

WHEW!! Was that blow by blow enough! Please forgive the spelling and grammer errors. Posting doesn't have spell check!
Joy

09-04-03, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lisapooh Click to send private message to Lisapooh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
holy moly joyful! That was awesome! I know summaries aren't easy or fun to write - I can't imagine doing one from memory like you just did! Thanks so much! You did a GREAT job and we're so appreciative of it!

Welcome to the board btw!

09-05-03, 00:29 AM (EST)
16. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
Thanks Lisapooh You make me blush
I've been around the Cupid boards, I recognize your sign-on name. I think we both had a little trouble with a certain irritating Robert fan called kcstrip.
I'm rooting for Cousin Mike (Family) and Hank (Cupid)!!!
See ya around

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
Well, I like the stylist, and I was also surprised that the chef voted against Dawn Marie. I sort of think the family may stick her back in, but we'll see. The board isn't picking the final winner (they were sent packing at end of last nights ep). They didn't reveal who is. Maybe George Hamilton? I just hope they don't stick Uncle Mike back in, and can't imagine they'd put back Aunt Donna. I'd have to say Dawn Marie or Maria would be the only ones to really have a chance at upsetting Cousin Mike. If I had to make a prediction, it would be a rematch between Cousin Mike and Dawn Marie, with Dawn Marie ultimately winning.

09-04-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I like that scenario, toddE!

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-04-03, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I believe George implied that the winner would be determined by a final challenge. I think this would be only fair. If the family is smart, they would put Dawn Marie back up there cause she has the determination to win all the $. I hope, if she wins, that she gives some to Mike.

A trademark of PM, Inc, © 2003 Beware the Bear!

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-04-03, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Family - Episode 9/3"
I agree that Dawn Marie should be put back up against Mike. She has more than proved herself and deserves it. On the other hand, I don't think the family is willing to put their trust in her no matter how much she has proved herself to them. I think in their eyes, she is still "Dawn Marie".

They were all rooting and cheering her when she won the last 2 challenges and was up against Mike. I think that was only out of desperation..she was basically their last chance...and now that its time to vote they will vote for one of the "strong" ones. Dawn Marie's determination and wins will be quickly forgotten in Uncle Mike's, Robert's, Ed's and Anthony's shadow. Meanwhile, Dawn Marie is probably the strongest one there!! Hopefully I'm wrong..but I used to have a similiar family as in-laws and regretfully, I just can't see them sending a woman up when all these "strong" men are sitting around. :0)

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-04-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Did anyone catch the "
phrase "will they share or keep it all to themselves" I was wondering if I heard this right. Maybe the last challenge is something as simple and hard as being generous and sharing or keeping it all. You know like that game show friend or foe. If you say you are keeping it all then ya don't get it. Anyway, had not heard that comment before and was wondering what others thought of it.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

09-04-03, 08:49 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
Hmm, that's an interesting theory. That would be a good way to do it. I would like to think that both Dawn Marie and Cousin Mike would share it with their family. Although, perhaps Cousin Mike would share it with "his" family. I know he mentioned last night that his mother, father, niece (I think?) would be set, but didn't mention anything about sharing with the family we're watching. I wish I could have heard more of both their cases. But you're right; that sort of "challenge" to share or keep the money seems likely to happen. We'll find out in 6 days...

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
If I were Cousin Mike, I would share it. Every family member on the show would get some. Dawn Marie, because she made the final 2 in initial competition, would get $15,000. Maria, because she is also tagged as an outsider, would get $5,000. Jill may get a couple of thou, so might Robert. Throw a few bucks Ed's way, a few towards the other female cousin whose name I can't remember. As for Uncle Mike, Aunt Donna and Anthony, I'd give each of them a plug nickel. What a horrible threesome.

09-05-03, 01:34 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
As for Uncle Mike, Aunt Donna and Anthony, I'd give each of them a plug nickel. What a horrible threesome.

I'll second that! I really hope to see either Mike or Dawn Marie win, share, and then have it turn out that because s/he shared with the family, s/he gets a full $1 million.

Does anyone know if they're planning a second installment of this next year?

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-08-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
Does anyone know if they're planning a second installment of this next year?

I have not heard anything about this, but I think they would have to make significant changes if they had another installment. For one thing, they would need a different "secret board of trustees." I think it would be difficult to produce another installment.

A trademark of PM, Inc, © 2003 Beware the Bear!

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-08-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
Also, from what I hear the ratings were so bad that it would probably be network suicide to have a 2nd installment. I think they are most likely cutting their losses since I think the only viewers were the rest of Uncle Mike's family and us!!

09-05-03, 01:59 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
They sure woudn't have given Cousin Mike anything if he won. I don't think he should give them a dime. That way he can spend all that cash on his hot new girlfriend (that would be me!

And I'm sorry, but if Uncle Mike is such a savvy financial planner, why is Aunt Donna driving a school bus?

09-05-03, 03:24 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
And I'm sorry, but if Uncle Mike is such a savvy financial planner, why is Aunt Donna driving a school bus?

LOL! Maybe just so she can have a little spending money of her own. Or maybe it started out because she wanted to embarrass Anthony by making sure she'd drive him to school every day and she kept the job because she likes being able to yell at people and have them in her control, even if they are kindergarteners.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-03, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
Since Aunt Donna keeps saying Cousin Mike isn't really family. Then I think he should share it with his immediate family and not give Aunt Donna and her brood anything.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-03, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
Oh yes, Cousin Mike should share some of the money with his cousin Jill. She is who he is related directly to, plus I read that Jill is the family member that applied and got her family on the show. So she deserves something just for that. Without her, none of them would be there.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-08-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Did anyone catch the "
But Dawn Marie has not treated Mike badly. And she is the one who has grown the most in this show. Cousin Mike has always been nice, etc.... But Dawn Marie has grown and proved to herself and others that she can stand up under pressure and she has learned to have confidence in herself.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •