The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #6: The Insider"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-22-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #6: The Insider"
Find out what the tribe really had to say while making their votes against Anthony at Tribal Council:

Mookie (Votes Anthony): It's been long overdue. You said it a little too late.

Anthony (Rocky): I was getting respect back for you but you lost it now. So, good luck, good health and watch your mouth.

Edgardo (Anthony): It's only a game. Keep yourself *mumbles*. I'm sorry.

Dre (Anthony): Sorry, I couldn't save you this time.

Rocky (Anthony): I'm sorry bro, I don't know. I hope you can take this experience and learn from it. I think you will be alright if you can do it. Have a good life.

Alex (Anthony): Proud of you for what you did tonight, Anthony. It's nothing personal. It comes down to winning these challenges. Good for you man.

The vote wasn't an endorsement of Rocky's position, was it!

I'll add the transcripts of the other clips later.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #6: The Insider Outfrontgirl 03-22-07 1
 RE: Episode #6: The Insider michel 03-22-07 2
   RE: Episode #6: The Insider Brownroach 03-23-07 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #6: The Insider"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-07 AT 09:56 PM (EST)

>>The vote wasn't an endorsement of Rocky's position, was it!

Indeed. Anthony was an easy consensus; Rocky's next on the block and he's too clueless to know it. If not for some perceived challenge strength he might have been gone this time.
Dreamz now has the benefit of having someone around who causes more drama than he does.

ETA Rocky probably thinks Lisi is the next one up on the block, of course he would think that.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-07, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #6: The Insider"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-07 AT 09:55 PM (EST)

The rest of the clips. These are transcribed thanks to James Barber at Sucks:

MICHELLE'S NEW CAMP

Find out what Michelle is happy with her new surroundings, and discover what she really thinks of her newly formed Moto tribe.

"It was a surprise, it was a shock. I'm no longer part of Ravu, and I'm a member of Moto. So, new beach, new tribemates, new everything."

(cut)

"My new tribemates have been so incredibly welcoming. Boo was incredibly nice because he actually picked me to be on his side, and that's such a compliment that he thinks I'm such a strong competitor for this game. He works really hard. I heard he's a great cook, which is going to be awesome, because being a part of Ravu, you don't actually get to eat on that island."

(cut)

"On paper it looks like the new Moto is weaker than the 6 men in Ravu because Moto has 3 ladies and 3 men. I hope we have a day in between the next challenge just to weaken Ravu, because I know how hard it is on that island. Those boys are not gonna last long without the nourishment that Ravu provides, which is no nourishment (laughs)"

(cut)

"Camp Ravu has grown so much since I've seen it the first 3 days here. It really is like honeymoon Fiji here. It's a nice change of pace although in a way it doesn't feel like you're playing Survivor anymore. You have a couch, and a bed, and food. Where are we, you know?"

(cut)

"When we walked into camp, on the picnic table as our homewarming present was a plate of fruit, bread, cheese, champagne, and orange juice. The old Moto tribe members that were left were so welcoming, bringing over plates, and cups. We have dishes here, and we got to feast, and it was amazing."

(cut)

"It really does seem like Paradise Island here. No one's bringing up anything negative, no one thinks we're going to lose. It's just puppies and ice cream."

(cut)

"The new tribe dynamic is kind of interesting. It's 3 old Moto, 3 old Ravu. It's funny the attitude that Moto has because they haven't really lost and they haven't had to vote people off the way we have. They're so positive and energized. No one's even thinking about the next vote, whereas in Ravu, you're walking around thinking, 'Who are we going to vote out when we lose next?' Here it's a really positive environment and I'm excited to be in it."

(cut)

"No, I'm not bitter seeing all the luxuries Moto has, it just made it so apparently clear why Ravu couldn't seem to win a challenge. They have everything and we have nothing. It actually makes me feel better that despite we lost every challenge, I can see exactly why now."

(cut)

"I think the switchup helps me get farther in the game, in a way. Being from Ravu it's harder to respect members from Moto making it so far. If you're eating potatoes and rice every day, of course you're going to make it, of course you're going to win things and be quick on your feet! I know this will take me farther, but we'll see if it takes me to the end."

ANTHONY'S FINAL WORDS

Soon after having his torch extinguished, Anthony gives his final words. How does he feel to have been voted out?

"I really didn't want to come out of here feeling angry and bitter, but I'm a little pissed off. I'm a lot pissed off. I'm mad at myself for not standing up on one leg, screaming at the world, being a jerk to everybody. Apparently that's what you need to do to prove you're out for a million dollars. I'm just really disappointed. I convinced myself I was out here for the duration. I wanted to be here for the duration, cause I can use that money. I'm sure everybody could use that money, but I really wanted it. I'd like to think I played a pretty good game. I've been hustling, lying, backstabbing, the whole nine yards. That's what this game is. For the most part, I've had fun. It's been a great adventure. I've made some friends even though I didn't set out to make any, which I didn't set out to, and unfortunately I think I may have made an enemy or two. That's just too bad. I'm not what was wrong with that tribe, not by any means. I can tell you it was Mookie and it was James. That was why they were losing and why they will continue to lose until both those guys are gone. I don't know, I can wish Ravu the best, but there are some people that deserve it a little bit more than some of the folks over there, so I...I'm just mad. (sighs) I didn't want to be mad. I wanted to come away from this with a good feeling, no matter what happened. I know it's business in the end, I can't blame our new 3 on Ravu too much, but I can sure hold a lot of blame against Rocky and Mookie. God, man, I swear, this has been one of the most - this has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. This has been hands down the most difficult thing I think I or anybody else can ever do. I survived for over 2 weeks with barely any food, barely any water. I've been licking leaves, sleeping with mosquitoes in the dirt then running around to explore islands and to basically do some of the hardest challenges, physical tasks, that a person can do even if they're in their top form and in their best. This game unfortunately is more about personalities and social skills. Maybe I read some people wrong, but regardless of what Rocky says, I have great social skills. I'm going back to my girlfriend - not my ex-girlfriend who took over my apartment - MY girlfriend when I get back. I got a lot of friends who will tell you otherwise about my social skills, man. Just cause you don't know me doesn't mean jack-all. I'm glad that me being picked on made me a better person, one that can empathize with people, and not into a jerk and a bully. That's about all the name-calling I'm gonna do. Good luck, cause if you're going to survive any further, you're gonna need it."

(cut)

"Really, I'm just so...pissed that I let people get under my skin like that. I came out here knowing I was going to have my own buttons I needed to hold back, and knowing I was going to have to keep my anger down. Turns out anger is what I needed. Who knew I needed to be pissed off all the time to get away with anything out here? I just really, I don't like being angry. I guess that in order to prove that you want the million dollars and have the fire in your eyes, you have to be angry at the world. I learned a long time ago that while all that kind of anger may keep you alive, it will eat you from the inside."

(cut)

"I'm more pissed off that the mask I wear that keeps me alive and keeps me in check as a human got pulled off some tonight. I don't know if it was a good thing, but I got to speak my piece, maybe I should have lit into that earlier. I thought I was going into this Tribal Council with a good solid bet it might swing another way, and unfortunately everybody kept pushing, so it swung differently than I was expecting it."

(cut)

"I come out of this knowing the person these people saw wasn't really the real Anthony, but the real Anthony is very much intact and alive. He's a good person who was out here to play a game and experience some amazing experiences. I have spent the last 2 weeks basically being in paradise, looking at God's creation, doing the best I can, doing some things I never thought I'd be able to do, mentally or physically. I'm proud of that, I'm very proud of that. I walk away from this knowing I am a man, knowing even though people here have tried to put me down, that I walk away from this a better person, and a stronger person, and hopefully I'll be able to take this experience and turn it into something better for my life. Maybe I need to let the anger that sometimes fueled me and keeps me up, maybe I need to take some of that anger and let it loose every once in a while. Maybe that's good advice. I know I have learned to keep hope alive at all angles, at all costs. There have been some hopeless nights out here and it's amazing I'm still sitting here, smiling, through everything. That's the best I can hope for, the best everyone can hope for, that they turn out still smiling, still hopeful, still happy, with who they are and what they've accomplished."

ANTHONY, THE DAY AFTER

Having had a day to sleep off the pain of being voted off, Anthony looks back with a clear head and reveals his thoughts on the game.

"I've been through a whole lot this whole experience. This experience has been a roller coaster ride of emotion, sheer exhaustion. The thing is I find myself enjoying the experience, not so much in the moment always, but in retrospect, looking back on Survivor and my time on the island. You get to a point where you just have to step outside of yourself, look at what's going on, and realize it's a game. It really is a game. Part of playing games sometimes is losing. It sounds like yeah I'm just trying to keep a stiff upper lip, but part of a game is losing. Sometimes it's winning. You just have to find where your wins are. Sometimes your wins are in places you never expect to find them. It sounds like a loser picking himself up, but sometimes you can find your wins in a loss. You can learn more about yourself and the people around you in hard times. You can find strength you can use later for wins, in the hardest of times."

(cut)

"Survivor I still think is the ultimate game out there. It's one of the ultimate games to play. What most people don't realize, and I even knew going into this game, this game is about interpersonal relationships all the way. As much as you want to make it about strategy, as much as you want to make it about the challenges, this game is about how you play with other people. Sometimes you have to play well with people you don't want to play with you at all. My experience in Survivor is having to work with people who really don't want to play with you. Don't want to play the game along with you."

(cut)

"What was probably my darkest moment in the game was after what will probably be known to me as the Rocky Fireside Incident (laughs), where I kind of got tore into for what I saw as a personal character attack. Whether or not it was, who's to say, but from my point of view, it was. After that I had to reexamine a lot of things. I had to reexamine myself, I had to reexamine how I was playing the game, I had to reexamine again who I thought I was. Which is really funny, because I knew who I was coming into this game, and it got to a point where I really did kind of doubt myself, doubt if I was playing the game right, doubt if I was being a good person to other people. Somebody saw something in myself that they didn't like, and it was something that what I heard echo off them was something I might not like about myself. I got to a dark place and I really wondered if I could keep going through with this game and pushing forward, and if I was gonna despair or not. I guess through prayer and heart and through just sheer desire to do my best out here, I kind of pushed through it."

(cut)

"In retrospect, I may have kept my little bit of temper that I have in check a little bit too much. Which is really surprising because you would think temper and anger are things you don't want people to see, but it seems at least from this group of people, they need to see anger and they need to see temprament. Who knew? Last thing I would ever expect. I would expect people would want to see someone who could get along with everybody else and work for a greater goal. People want to see anger. I think I may have kept it in check just a little bit too much. It came out when it came out, and may have been a great time for it to flare up, but it may have been too late. It was most likely too late for it to do me any good. Hopefully I walked away with a little bit more respect from those people who sent me packing."

(cut)

"In those moments where you take your torch up to Jeff, there's this kind of weird miasma, weird mix of emotion. Part of you is relieved. Part of you is like I don't have to put up with the fight anymore. It's like laying on the canvas after you've been knocked out. You just kind of lay there for a moment. But there's a bigger part of me that's like, 'No! I'm not done yet! I still deserve to be here and deserve to fight for this opportunity and this money.' There's a moment right before he puts that snuff on that torch where you're thinking to yourself, 'I still got more to give!' The moment he puts that fire out, there's a strange calm that kind of washes over you, and you say OK, well I'm done. I'm not dead, but I'm down, but I did what I could. I've been out here. The fact that you actually had flame in that torch to begin with means a lot because it means you actually made it to Survivor. There's not a lot of people who have done that. This is a small club, a very small club. The fact that you had flame in a torch to give to Jeff meant that you had life out here, meant you had a chance, meant you had an opportunity, and meant you were a survivor. Even if you were there 3 days, 6 days, all 39 days, it meant you made it. Sure, you're not a million dollars richer, but you had something to give, you had a fight you put up, you are somebody who's worthy of something greater for yourself."

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode #6: The Insider"
I liked Anthony. I'm glad he isn't bitter. I have to admit he was frustrating to watch, though. If he'd pushed harder to get Rocky booted by emphasizing his own worth like he did at TC, I think he could have flipped the vote. Too bad he did it so late.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •