The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ssshaw 548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssshaw Click to send private message to ssshaw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Season"
It's time now to decide the Not So Move of the Season for TAR5. You will decide which Not So Move from what we voted on was the worst of the whole season. I will also ask that you put your vote in the SUBJECT HEADING just to make it easier for me to tally the votes.

Alright, here are the choices:

Episode 1
Dennis/Erika let Colin/Christie take a taxi before them, which puts them in last place. They never recover from it and are eliminated.

Episode 2
Alison/Donny take a local bus to the roadblock instead of a taxi. They are the last team to arrive and are eliminated.

Episode 3
Jim/Marsha are one of the early teams to arrive at the airport, book single tickets for different flights and then are forced to wait on standby for a later flight.

Episode 4
Bob/Joyce buy tickets for a flight but don't check to see that it's business class. Since Amazing Racers aren't allowed to fly business class, they have to get on a different flight.

Episode 5
After completing the roadblock, Kami/Karli don't bother to put the puzzle together and wander aimlessly in the desert.

Episode 6
Marshall/Lance get to the roadblock and notice that everyone else has finished. Instead of doing the roadblock and finishing, the brothers decide to just quit the race, which forces Phil to come out and tell them they're eliminated.

Episode 7
Brandon/Nicole and Kami/Karli get on a bus to a town 17 miles away that charges them over a hundred bucks for the ride. On top of that, the bus runs out of gas.

Episode 8
Kami/Karli miss a flag at the Off Plane detour. They turn around and end up following Brandon/Nicole to the clue box. They get the second spot and end up last at the pitstop. They lose all their money.

Episode 9
Brandon/Nicole get to the roadblock, and Brandon has trouble with it. When they see the other teams arrive, they decide to go for the Fast Forward. When they get to the FF, they find out that they have to shave their heads. They don't want to do that, so they head back to the roadblock and finish it. They finish the leg last and lose all their money.

Episode 10
Brandon/Nicole and Kami/Karli both choose the Dirty detour, which is a lot slower than the Clean detour. They finish the leg 3rd and 5th respectively, and Kami/Karli are eliminated.

Episode 11
Colin/Christie get to the detour and choose to Plow. Colin has trouble steering the ox and goes all over the place. They are the last team to the pitstop and lose all their money.

Final Episode
Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole both decide to check their luggage and send it ahead to Dallas. When they find out that Chip/Kim got a better flight than them, they try to get on that flight, but they aren't allowed because they must have their bags with them. They end up 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Final Episode VA Slim 09-27-04 1
 Episode 5 Starshine 09-27-04 2
 Episode 11 Estee 09-27-04 3
 Episode 11 dabo 09-27-04 4
 Episode 10 samboohoo 09-27-04 5
   RE: Episode 10 VA Slim 09-27-04 6
 Episode 1 StarryLuna 09-27-04 7
 Episode 2 mikey 09-27-04 8
 Episode 6 FFantasyFX 09-27-04 9
 Final Episode dajaki 09-28-04 10
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Season spedex 09-28-04 11
 episode 5 Oscirus 09-28-04 12
 Final Episode ARnutz 10-01-04 13
 Final Episode Surveysez 10-02-04 14
 RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Season seahorse 10-03-04 15
 Final ep. qwertypie 10-04-04 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-04, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Final Episode"
Had to go with the "Not so move" that mattered most - checking the bags made the difference in having a close finish. If all 3 teams were at the stockyard at the same time, the pressure to complete the maze could have resulted in a meltdown that would have made Nicole's or Flo's seem trivial!!

As a number 2 choice, I'd go with the 1st Episode - if not for trying to compensate for the situatiion at the airline terminal, Dennis and Erica may have altered the whole lineup of who was eliminated when!

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Episode 5"
There were a lot of mistakes, but for me the fact that the twins received a clue, and then ignored it takes the biscuit.

Second would be Episode 1, firstly Dennis fell over running to the cars, secondly Dennis held up the queue by waiting for other teams to buy tickets on the slower flight, and thirdly the insanity of knowing that you are far behind, and giving your taxi to someone else.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Episode 11"
Because they never seemed to completely recover -- Colin was shocked into politeness: how mentally intact could he have been? -- and I really want to see the immortal moment turn out as the legendary broken ox.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Episode 11"
Too * Damn * Funny!

And I'd shout out an Honorable Mention to Charla and Mirna for being so insistant about proving the point about "little people" that Charla had to try to do almost everything.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-04, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Episode 10"
Karli and Kami knew they were last at this point and chose to go opposite of Chip and Kim, which deliberately caused them to come in last.

In Episode 3, Jim and Marsha made a huge mistake by booking separate flights, and as I recall Marsha also booked flights for someone else. They should have taken care of Numero Uno first.

In the Finale, checking bags was a huge mistake and I know they will earn major Omarosas for that. But I still contend that that is not the sole reason C&C lost. They were checking them in order to not have to worry about them when landing. Although I can't imagine keeping anything, I still understand that reasoning.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-27-04, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 10"
>In the Finale, checking bags was
>a huge mistake and I
>know they will earn major
>Omarosas for that. But
>I still contend that that
>is not the sole reason
>C&C lost. They were
>checking them in order to
>not have to worry about
>them when landing. Although
>I can't imagine keeping anything,
>I still understand that reasoning.
>
But, in this day & age of international terrorism, you cannot travel without your bags (the airline can misplace them, but you can't choose to fly without them). No amount of pleading like Brandon tried will get an agent to change that rule. If they didn't want to worry about carrying the extra stuff, they should have tried to ship it, or throw the baggage away. Better yet, they've been running through airports with their bags all race, why not leave them with the first cabbie they use in Dallas (as it turns out they didn't have to change). Checking the bags meant that they couldn't change flights without waiting for the bags to be transferred and the departure time for the flight that Chip/Kim were on was too close to their arrival in Denver.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-27-04, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Episode 1"
Only because I COMPLETELY forgot that it was Colin and Christie that Dennis and Erika gave the cab to. Imagine how different the race would have been if they hadn't done that.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
Searching for Jillian Barberie since 2004.

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-04, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Episode 2"
This was a tough call.

Final Episode mistake was decisive, but not entirely without reason. When they originally decided to do this it was a direct flight. I read an interview where Rob & Brennan checked their bags to the final destination in season 1, then left them on the luggage rack for retrieval after they go to the finish line. Of course that was filmed pre-9/11. An even better move was Frank and Margherita mailing some of their stuff home from one of the latter legs.

Episode 11 -- It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out two people can control an ox better than one.

Episode 1 is also possible, but things sound like they got a little confused.

Episode 2 -- the Donny and Alison mistake, was a mistake of epic proportions. A cab is always faster. TAR 101. Their elimination changed the whole dynamic of the competition, eliminating the first leg winner and leaving Colin to pretty much dominate all the physical competitions thereafter.

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Episode 6"
While the other teams' mistakes were potentially more costly in the overall scheme of this particular race, Marshall and Lance will have to live with being the only team to ever quit in Amazing Race history, at least until the next pair of Ostens come along.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-28-04, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Final Episode"
But so close to Episode 3 that it's almost a tie. Final Episode flight errors are worse because they made the difference in the $1 million. I can't figure out why C&C didn't constantly check the status of their flight or why they checked their bags when that action ties you to a particular airline. I expected these mistakes from B&N because they're not too smart, but Colin should have known better.

Episode 3 was terrible for Jim and Marsha, but it was their own fault. If they had been more aggressive and insisted on priority stand-by for the earliest flight based on the fact that they already purchased one ticket, J&M would not have been eliminated on this leg.

spedex 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-28-04, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spedex Click to send private message to spedex Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Season"
Episode 8 ... As Sister/Sister confess to the camera that they've been running the race too darn fast, they decide that the flag that they've just passed, at the airport that they are travelling to, may or may not be a good place to stop and check for a clue ... so they drive on ... just far enough to let Brandon and Nicole get there first. DUH!!

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-28-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "episode 5"
can't really comment on ep 1,2or3 since i didn't see those

ep4-Not a stupid move but not a real gamebreaker
ep5-ok wth was wrong with these girls if not for chip they would still be on that roadblock
ep6-quitters not really a gamebreaker either
ep7-ignorance was all that was
ep8-not as bad as the ep 5 blunder
ep9-they gambled and they lost no biggie
ep10-gamble that didn't pay off
ep11- they would have been last anyway
final-was a gamble that didn't pay off for them

so yes episode 5- you should always complete the tsk before going to the next one Im pretty sure thats a requirement.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-04, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Final Episode"
Let this be a lesson for future TAR finalists. Throw the stuff away and run like heck! When you win the million, just buy new stuff!

Of course, this was all Osama's fault. Right?

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-02-04, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Final Episode"
To run in front for so long, and to make such a boner of an error has to count as the worst. They managed to stay in front with their packs all through the race. Even if they had left it with the motel to mail to them. A million $'s would have replaced a lot of backpacks.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-04, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Season"
Have to go with the final since it was the difference in winning or losing the million.

Honorable mention goes to episode 9
where Brandon and Nicole would not cut their hair.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-04, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Final ep."

Final Episode
If they had wanted to lighten their load, they should have shipped their extra luggage (3rd class is not that expensive) or just ditched it. You have to keep maximum flexibility especially so close to the end.

Many honourable mentions
Episode 1
It is a FREAKIN' RACE, you don't get anything for brownie points.
Episode 2
Well, that was more dream-come-true and my-prayers-were-answered than NSM
Episode 5 and Episode 10
Just plain stupid.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •