The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-07, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Almost every season, the Sole Survivor has had a key quote or action attributed to hir in (usually) the first episode that in hindsight was a clue this person was going to win the whole thing.

There have been some notable examples through the seasons: (forgive me if they're not exactly word for word as I'm reciting off the top of my head)

S1 - Dicque said "you can go ahead and write me the check for a million dollars."

S2 - Tina was the only one who didn't speak at all in the first episode.

S3 - There were Star of Davids filtered into the sun in shots featuring Ethan in the first episode while everyone else had a normal shot of the sun in their shots.

S4 - In the second episode, Vee and Sean had a discussion on the beach where they said, "no black person has won Survivor."

S5 - Brian said, "This is just a business trip for me."

And so on...

Now, in last night's opening episode there was one quote in particular that seemed to leap out at me above all the other comments:

Dreamz was in a confessional when he said something along the lines of "It's like a dream. I'm going to bring my family out here."

I probably got the wording wrong so I'll have to rewatch the scene again, please feel free to correct me on this. But I got the sense that Dreamz is going to at least get a visit from a family member late in the game, if not winning it all and being able to bring fa.ily members to Fiji for a vacation with the money he'd get if he won it all.

if there are any other quotes that jumped out at you as a potential winning quote, please share them here for all of us to dissect.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Flowerpower 02-09-07 1
   RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji CTgirl 02-09-07 2
       RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji KimberA00 02-09-07 3
           RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji forehead 02-09-07 4
               RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Flowerpower 02-09-07 7
                   RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji forehead 02-09-07 8
                       RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Flowerpower 02-09-07 13
                           RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Brownroach 02-09-07 14
 RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Draco Malfoy 02-09-07 5
   RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Brownroach 02-09-07 6
       RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji Scarlett O Hara 02-09-07 10
 RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji emydi 02-09-07 9
 RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji geekboy 02-09-07 11
   RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji PepeLePew13 02-09-07 15
 RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji dreamerbeliever 02-09-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
I thought the key quote is when Earl led Anthony, Dreamz, Stacy, and Michelle up to the summit when they first arrived. He said, I'm glad we came up here, now look at this as the camera pans the panaramic view of the entire area that is indeed stunning, he continued to explain that scene while in confessional in another place, It's like buying a new house, you want to see everything, the backyard, the front yard, the living room, the dining room, you want to see everything in your house, and this is OUR house, then he went on to say, on top of the summit, I'm the king of Fiji, of an unnamed island!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 08:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-07 AT 08:42 AM (EST)

And then Dreamz added "I'm standing the highest."

eta since I hit post too soon: I thought that was the key quote too, but I thought Dre's quote was an interesting add on.

KimberA00 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-09-07, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KimberA00 Click to send private message to KimberA00 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
CTgirl, I was thinking the same thing when he said it... that's a key quote if I've ever heard one!

Then again, spoilers indicate he's not making it that far, but I really like Dreamz for this one.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-07, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Dre: "I'm standing the highest", i.e., he's higher than Earl the king.

Kimber, which spoilers indicate Dre not going far? SP had a tip he lasts to late game...

forehead

02-09-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"

I'm standing the highest

While Dre could be heard in the very background, he was not focused on when this was said. It was not in a confessional, therefore, I dismissed this as not a key quote. To me the key quote has to be profound, not just an afterthought, but if it is an afterthought, it needs to be focused on...in otherwords the camera has to pan into the speaker so the audience gets that it's a key quote. At first, I didn't even catch that Dre had said that.

Right after Earl said, I'm the King of Fiji, of an unnamed Island, I did hear one of the girls say we are the king and queen...and then Dre. But neither Dre or the girls were focused on, it was the collective group shot....fwiw. Dre strikes me as if he's on his own personal adventure, and really not there to win the game? I know that this belongs in the editing thread...just my 2 cents worth on Dre...

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Got it

*stops hoping for a different type of winner after Yul (nothing against Yul, I just like different types of winners)*

*sigh no Yao Man win, no Dre win, no Cassandra win*

Back to the Earl show

02-09-07, 01:15 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
forehead: I really don't know anything at this point and I could be way off base! We will have to have VS weigh in on it or even michel, architecturegirl, or any of her astute comrades!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
These comments could just have been included to show their reactions to the surroundings. You could ask, why show the reactions of these contestants as opposed to others, but the comments themselves don't have to portend anything specific.

I think analyzing for key quotes becomes kind of pointless if you can attribute one to any number of contestants.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
S2 - Tina was the only one who didn't speak at all in the first episode.

I thought we were getting this with Lisi for a while, especially when she didn't even say anything when picked. Then when she finally talked I realized she was just boring.

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" - Ernest Gaines

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Who didn't have a confessional last night? I don't recall any from Mookie, Stacy or Liliana (correct me if I'm wrong). Was there anyone else?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-07, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-07 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

You are correct, BR. Liliana, Staci and Mookie had no confessionals. Gary, Boo and Michelle had one each and Lisi and Rita each had two.

On the other end of the spectrum, James, Anthony and Erica all had the most.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Pepe, I think this quote may have been added as a precursor to his "controversial decision"--I still think he decides to stay instead of going home for the birth of his son Luca

I agree with BR, this will be something people will talk about...even tho it has happened before....

an added controversy is if there is some problem with his wife or baby and he still stays....I think Dre is in F3 but comes in 3rd because of

1. His personality is brash (we know Rocky probably won't vote for him if Rocky is on jury)

2. Backlash from controversial decision (whatever it is--I think that he makes it bc Jiffy always brings it up when talking about Dre)

3. Dre's is a "journey" edit (see VS thread for more details later) and the only one that has won with that edit was Aras.

geekboy 1788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-09-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
>S3 - There were Star of Davids filtered into the sun in shots
>featuring Ethan in the first episode while everyone else
>had a normal shot of the sun in their shots.

Is this really true? I don't remember this at all, and have never heard/read about this. I'd love to see a video of this.

geekboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-07, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Yup it was true... it was posted around episode 6 during the Africa season and the guy did a massive post on Sucks with a comprehensive analysis of shots from the first episode. It was pretty clear that the sun was filtered differently for Ethan than it was for everyone else. People mostly dismissed it at the time, but it turned out to be true in the end as Ethan took the $1 million prize.

Unfortunately, while the thread is still on Spoilers here from that season, the link to the guy's post on Sucks is now dead. It's been six years since that post!

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

dreamerbeliever 3380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-09-07, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Key Quotes - Survivor Fiji"
Earl - "This is my poker face"

Seems like a nice guy around camp but in this confessional, he announced that he is ready to play hard. Could be a winners quote?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •