The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fiji Twist Revealed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sexishelly 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-12-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sexishelly Click to send private message to Sexishelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fiji Twist Revealed"
From TV Guide.com

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700016455

The tribes will be segregated by political affiliation! No, by sexual orientation! Actually, the plan for Survivor: Fiji, premiering Feb. 8, is to group the 19 castaways as one tribe equipped with enough supplies and resources to fashion themselves an exceptionally cozy camp. But come Day 3, one player will be called upon to split the one mass into two. The tribe which then wins the first immunity challenge lives large at the existing camp, while the other is relocated to a separate island with only a pot, machete and a water source. (Think The Apprentice: L.A., but with millions more viewers.)

What's more, an immunity idol will be hidden at each camp, and Exile Island will now offer its visitor a clue to its whereabouts. I can see the promos now: "Fox offers you one Idol, but we've got two."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fiji Twist Revealed Brownroach 01-12-07 1
   RE: Fiji Twist Revealed KoalaChick 01-12-07 2
 Jeff interviewed by the Slug michel 01-12-07 3
 thank you cqvenus 01-12-07 4
   RE: thank you michel 01-12-07 5
 RE: Fiji Twist Revealed ginger 01-12-07 6
   RE: Fiji Twist Revealed PepeLePew13 01-13-07 7
       RE: Fiji Twist Revealed cqvenus 01-18-07 8
 RE: Fiji Twist Revealed Flowerpower 01-20-07 9
 Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoiler Flowerpower 01-23-07 10
   RE: Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoil... xwraith27 01-23-07 11
       RE: Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoil... Brownroach 01-24-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-07, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
Thanks for the post, shelly.

So I wonder if the tribe-picker also chooses the first exile, or is shuttled off to EI him/her-self after the tribes are established.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-12-07, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
CBS ANNOUNCES 19 NEW CASTAWAYS FOR
"SURVIVOR: FIJI"

14th Installment of the Hit Television Series Premieres on Thursday, Feb. 8

CBS today announced the 19 new castaways who will compete in SURVIVOR: FIJI when the 14th installment of the Emmy Award-winning series premieres Thursday, Feb. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SURVIVOR: FIJI will feature a diverse cast of Americans who will begin the series as one tribe with plenty of supplies and resources on their island to make an exceptionally comfortable camp. On Day Three, the castaways will be split into two tribes, selected by one of their own as a result of events to take place prior to the first Immunity Challenge. The tribe that wins the first Immunity Challenge will return to the camp of copious resources while the losing tribe must relocate to a new island with only a pot, a machete and a water source.

In addition, throughout the series, at least one castaway in each episode will be banished to a separate island (Exile Island) miles away from camp. The castaways will learn that there is a Hidden Immunity Idol located somewhere at each tribe camp and that a new clue to their whereabouts will be waiting for the latest person sent to Exile Island. Such a twist offers the opportunity for more than one individual to be in possession of a Hidden Immunity Idol at the same time. These Hidden Immunity Idols may be played at future Tribal Councils if the possessor feels they are in danger of being voted off the island.

Castaways competing in SURVIVOR: FIJI (in alphabetical order) are:

ALEX ANGARITA
Los Angeles (originally from Colombia)
Attorney

KENWARD “BOO” BERNIS
Lafayette, La.
Construction Worker

YAU-MAN CHAN
Martinez, Calif. (born in Hong Kong, raised in Borneo, Malaysia)
Computer Engineer

EARL COLE
Santa Monica, Calif. (originally from Kansas City, Kan.)
Advertising Executive

JESSICA deBEN
Los Angeles (originally from New Orleans)
Fashion Stylist

ERICA DUROUSSEAU
Lake Charles, La.
Non-Profit Fundraiser

CASSANDRA FRANKLIN
Los Angeles
Civil Engineer Manager

LILIANA GOMEZ
Oxnard, Calif.
Loan Officer

ANDRIA “DRE” HERD
Wilmington, N. C.
Cheerleading Coach

STACY KIMBALL
Boulder, Colo. (originally from Montpelier, Vt.)
Interactive Internet Producer

SYLVIA KWAN
Ross, Calif. (born in Hong Kong)
Architect

MOOKIE LEE
Wheeling, Ill. (born in Seoul, Korea)
Loan Manager

LISETTE “LISI” LINARES
Los Angeles (originally from Miami)
Customer Service Representative

JAMES REID
Los Angeles (originally from Boston)
Bartender

EDGARDO RIVERA
Miami Beach, Fla. (originally from Puerto Rico)
Advertising Executive

ANTHONY ROBINSON
Compton, Calif.
Expert Witness Locator

GARY STRITESKY
Ramsey, Minn.
School Bus Driver

RITA VERREOS
San Antonio, Texas (originally from Venezuela)
Single Mom

MICHELLE YI
Cincinnati, Ohio
Student

SURVIVOR: FIJI is hosted by Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are the executive producers. Doug McCallie and Kevin Greene are co-executive producers.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: FIJI and the 19 new castaways, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor. For more information on Fiji, log on to www.bulafiji.com.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Jeff interviewed by the Slug"
The whole interview can be found here:

http://asapblogs.typepad.com/theslug/2007/01/jeff_probst_tal.html

Here are some of the most interesting points:

The Slug: So what's "Survivor: Fiji" about?

Jeff Probst: The overall theme is letting them make almost every decision in terms of how this game will play out in the initial setup. That was the big idea. It starts with 19 people because we had somebody quit the night before, which has never happened before, so that threw us for a bit of a loop because we didn't anticipate an odd number.

They're literally just put on a beach. They've got some fruit trees there, but that's it. I come over in a float plane and drop a box. And in that box they start to get the information. And the information is you're gonna need to build the most elaborate shelter "Survivor" has ever seen. Here's the blue prints, a building plan, a map to find lumber and tools. You've got a sink and a kitchen area and a couch, all kinds of stuff to build this elaborate shelter. They're told they have to finish this before the game can continue.

They build this great shelter. They've got water and flint. Once they finish building it, I show up and say, "Now you're gonna figure how to divide these tribes up." They choose somebody to divide the tribes. That person divides them, and they square off in a challenge. The losers have to go to a new beach where they literally have a machete, pot and water they have to boil. No fire. They have a cave they can kind of get under, but it's miserable.

The game is about one tribe living a life of luxury, and the other tribe really scraping to get by while the other tribe has it so good it almost doesn't feel like "Survivor" to them. They have a couch. They have tables. The tribe that wins the first challenge goes back to this reward, which is all these luxury items. They're not necessarily better. They just make life better like hammocks and umbrellas and bottles and decanters and all this silverware and plates and china and a bush shower. So you see them eating. It looks like some sort of Ralph Lauren picnic.

The other tribes show up and they're dragging their butts because they haven't even had water. What was really interesting was how quickly you started to see the attitude change where the winning tribe started to have this sense of entitlement. It was fascinating to watch the rich tribe get lazy and entitled and the poor tribe get desperate and resentful.

Instead of having two equal teams, you have two tribes and one extra person. And what do you do with that other person? It played out just fine. The only drag is we lost a person, and it just affects your creativity a little bit. Where you maybe wanted to do a double Tribal Council and vote two people out, you can't because you just lost one. It has a little bit of trickle down, but when it happens before the show, it's very easy to move everything a little bit.

The Slug: There's more diversity in the cast again. Was that a conscious effort again?

Jeff Probst: We started something in motion. Let's work hard to do it again. I think we're setting ourselves up if we think each season we can have an equal number from every ethnic group. There's already ethnic groups that aren't represented.

You really hamper your casting if you say you have to have five people from a certain group. So I don't think that's something that has to happen forever. But I think (executive producer) Mark (Burnett) and CBS wanted to show that we didn't just do it as a gimmick. We really want to incorporate more diversity into the show. And we're gonna keep doing it as best we can.

The Slug: Tell us about the Hidden Immunity Idols. There's two this season, but how are they used?

Jeff Probst: I think we figured out how to do it this season. The very first time we introduced it, you had to play it before anybody voted. Then the second time we introduced it, you could play it after the votes had been made and read. So it was an absolute get-out-of-jail-free card.

This season, I think we found the happy medium. You must play the Idol after the votes have been cast but before I read them. Before the votes, I say, "How confident are you? Do you want to take a chance? Or should you play your Idol?" That made a dramatic difference. The Idols get played. Nobody is sitting on their Idol until the end and taking it home as a souvenir.

The Slug: Do you have another "Survivor" in you?

Jeff Probst: Oh yeah. CBS has told us we're renewed. So we're working on "Survivor 15" right now

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "thank you"
for this and the slug post below.

very informative.

one person quit the night before! what a jerk! they'd better have a VERY good reason or millions who tried out are going to want blood!

i think the leftover person from the tribes will be sent to exile first. the last person in the schoolyard pick. then whichever team loses and ousts someone will have the exilee replace the bootee. just my guess using the 'keep it simple' concept.

~ cqc

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: thank you"
You're welcome. Jeff talks about it more in the article. It was a woman who apparently had a case of stage fright.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-07, 06:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
They did this on Big Brother in the UK one season. It was very weird. One half of the house had to milk cows and harvest eggs from house chickens, as I recall.

Frankly, my Survivor sense tells me it really won't matter what they base the tribe split on; people still seem to remain loyal to their initial tribes.

Weirdly loyal.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-07, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-07 AT 10:11 AM (EST)

I believe that... but when you have people together on one tribe that is struggling to get by while watching the other live in luxury, you can believe there might be a couple that will be butting heads big time while acting out their resentment.

Combine that with maybe one or two on the luxury tribe who likes to get down and dirty with nature, and consequently start to get annoyed with the ones that are becoming fat and lazy in camp ... this is a nice recipe for tribal backstabbing and switching alliances. Hopefully.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
this is a nice recipe for tribal backstabbing and switching alliances. Hopefully.

yeah. hopefully. cuz if not, it's going to be a very boring 16 weeks of "this tribe" vs. "that tribe." *yawn*

~ cqc

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-07, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fiji Twist Revealed"
LAST EDITED ON 01-21-07 AT 08:56 AM (EST)

Thought I would list a few additional twists and spoilers for Survivor: Fiji here as per Volcanic Glass. See her great spoiler page here at Survivor Phoenix...

1.The Survivors will be deposited on a lone beach where Jiffy will fly over head dropping a box with all kinds of instructions and maps to locate materials needed to build the most elaborate shelter Survivor has ever seen. There will be blueprints, lumber, building supplies and tools, as well as China, silverware, and many of the modern day conveniences...

2. Shelter must be built by day 3, when Jiffy arrives and instructs them to choose one among themselves to divide the tribe into 2. Per Jeff Probst, one tribe member will pick the tribes before the challenge.
That person will then be exiled, without participating in the challenge, then return to join the members of the losing tribe.

3. The tribe names will be Moto and Ravu

4. We have been told the exilee is a woman.

From vidcap evidence, as well as tips received, we believe that she will be one of the following:
Cassandra, Liliana or Sylvia.

So, in summary, it appears as if the spoilers are picking a woman to be in charge of splitting the group into two tribes, and then later exiled, to return to the losing tribe, ? before TC. The woman could be one of Cassandra, Liliana, or Sylvia.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-07, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoiler"
See Volcanic Glass' new update regarding the "picker" of the tribes at Survivor Phoenix,here. Note that she has received info that Sylvia will be the one chosen by the 19 to divide the group into tribes. She will be the first exilee and then be returned to the losing tribe.

This would mean that Michelle would be on Ravu/orange tribe, while Cassandra and Liliana would go to Moto/green tribe.

This makes logical sense to me. The architect should be the one to direct the building of the shelter...she and the civil engineer. In the vidcaps it indeed looks as though Sylvia is directing the work. It's logical that the group would choose her to direct the division of the tribes, imo.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-23-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoiler"
TDT already has the tribal divisions as per SurvivorPhoenix, I think. They also have a couple of boot spoilers in there too in the Surviv-o-Meter.

Moto: Alex, Boo, Dre, Edgardo, Gary, Lisi, Stacy
Ravu: Anthony, Earl, Erica, James, Jessica, Michelle, Mookie, Rita, Yau-Man
Unknown: Liliana, Sylvia

That probably means that Lili goes to green if Sylvia is exiled. I believe there was also a spoiler that Ravu (Have-Nots) will lose the first IC, so Sylvia will go to Ravu.

Cassandra, Dre, Earl, and Yau-Man are expected to last long into the game.

Erica, Jessica, Rita, and Sylvia are expected to be gone pre-jury.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-07, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor Phoenix "Picker" Spoiler"
LAST EDITED ON 01-24-07 AT 11:43 AM (EST)

Cassandra, Dre, Earl, and Yau-Man are expected to last long into the game. Erica, Jessica, Rita, and Sylvia are expected to be gone pre-jury.

These were tips to Volcanic Glass at S-Phoenix.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •