The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

markslove 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-01, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail markslove Click to send private message to markslove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
Hasn't anyone else seen the Nike commercial with Alicia in it??? I've checked those "other" boards (ie SurvivorSucks and the SS EZ Board), and no one seems to have notice/mentioned this....there is a Nike ad that has been running for a few weeks: it is all women, with voice overs, and includes a female boxer (not Alicia). There is a quick, front image of a woman doing sit-ups - DEFINATELY ALICIA! I don't know what this means,just thought it was interesting. Could have been filmed prior (maybe that's why Alicia has all those Nike outfits in the Outback) Anyone else seen this - speculate as to what it means?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? DivaByTheSea 02-20-01 1
   RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? markslove 02-20-01 2
       RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? vviCKed 02-20-01 3
       RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? ItzLisa 02-21-01 5
           RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? Minstrel 02-22-01 7
 RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? Minstrel 02-20-01 4
 RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? nhobdy 02-22-01 6
   RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler???? stickboy 02-22-01 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DivaByTheSea 175 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-20-01, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DivaByTheSea Click to send private message to DivaByTheSea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
I haven't seen the commerical, but if it is her in the ad, my guess would be that she shot it awhile back. There is some time involved with commercials as such--editing, etc. It could be similiar to the scenario of JErri appearing on Blind Date--she shot that awhile back, it just happens to be running now. BUT commercials are held deliberately like TV shows can be.

**** Remember, the mighty oak was once just a crazy little nut that held its ground. ****

markslove 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-20-01, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail markslove Click to send private message to markslove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
Yes, BUT, what are the chances that this woman (Alicia) is in a commercial then BY CHANCE she appears on a top-rated show.....
I mean, she is not featured in the commercial, but when I first saw it (and I'm sure others who have seen it can confirm) I shrugged it off (couldn't be her). Now, every time I see it (probably 4 times by now) I am struck by the fact that she is only in the commercial for about 2-3 seconds, looking directly at the camera.....

vviCKed 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-20-01, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vviCKed Click to send private message to vviCKed Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
Go to ad critic, they might have the commerical. For whatever reason I can't get Real audio to work

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-21-01, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think the chances are that vast. Lemme 'splain what I mean...

I work about two blocks from the gym Alicia works at here in NYC. The simple fact is that she's a personal trainer, and a damn hard working one, by the looks of her. This particular neighborhood (Chelsea) is VERY looks/fashion/workout conscious. There are times when casting for commercials takes a company into a business where a certain look is bound to be found, for example, Nike hunting around local gyms for hardbody types, or even doing an open casting call for hardbodies. I work at an ad agency, and we do this all the time. My point is, this doesn't necessarily mean anything Survivor-wise for Alicia. She could have been cast in that long ago simply by Nike's ad agency snooping around NYC gyms for that type. Also, there's a difference in the gym Alicia works at. The David Barton gym is not a gym for people who go once in while, wanna lose ten pounds, and aren't really dedicated. The gym she works at is hard core - it's strictly for muscle guys who live for the rock hard ripped look and won't settle for less. It's a gym for people who live that hardbody lifestyle, so it's not hard for an athletic company to scout there for people to appear in their commercial (I myself am happy to do my measly workout video in my apartment, as long as the cat stays out of my way).

****************************** "I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas." (Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy)

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-22-01, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
ItzLisa, you make a good point. However, I for one only associate the ad to survivor as a timing issue relative to sponsors being able to use it and not that she quickly did an ad because she was voted off. Still, and I may be wrong here, but I don't remember seeing ads with S1 survivors for at least well into the show.

I do know that Mitch said he had an agent talking to him now when he appeared on one of the TV circuit "talk to the latest voted off" segments. But I think ads can be put together quickly if necessary. It just depends on what it is and how it is presented. For example, shooting an ad well in advance, but later, shooting a quick shot of Alicia in a gym putting on Nike's and editing it in would take little extra time.

Minstrel 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-20-01, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Minstrel Click to send private message to Minstrel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
I thought I had, but I'm not sure. Since I wasn't taping things then, I can't be sure. But there was a faint likeness I think.

But I agree with the other posts saying the timing, etc., are possibly the keys. We never saw ads of survivors this early on in the show (prior to their being booted) as I can recall. Of course, we know it's over and so the outcome would have nothing to do with them getting jobs. But foreshadowing of this nature would be interesting.

BTW, I too couldn't bring up ads from adcritic but it is a good site.

nhobdy 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-22-01, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nhobdy Click to send private message to nhobdy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
yeah. i seen that one. she was naked and all of a sudden she had sex. and then babies started shooting out and. wait a min. i never saw that one. sorry.

stickboy 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-22-01, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stickboy Click to send private message to stickboy Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Alicia (Possible) Spoiler????"
>yeah. i seen that one. she was naked and all of a sudden she
>had sex. and then babies started shooting out and. wait a min.
>i never saw that one. sorry.

Son of a .... This moron is dirtying every thread *smile*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •