The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

toad8098 199 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-13-06, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Has anyone thought that possibly the 16th season of Survivor might be the second All-Star version. Considering that season 8 was the first, if CBS repeated the pattern, season 16 would be another All-Star edition. Would the even consider another All-Star season?? Any thoughts??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Round Robin 12-14-06 1
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Outfrontgirl 12-14-06 2
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? emydi 12-14-06 3
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? jenniferlyn 12-18-06 15
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Estee 12-14-06 4
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? emydi 12-14-06 5
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Sonicbluebird 12-14-06 6
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? xwraith27 12-15-06 7
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? ktchong 12-15-06 8
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? CattyChat 12-15-06 9
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Chez 12-15-06 10
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? KObrien_fan 12-15-06 11
       RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? vince3 12-15-06 12
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? silentJ 12-17-06 13
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Estee 12-17-06 14
       RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? vince3 12-18-06 16
 RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? Flowerpower 12-28-06 17
   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? xwraith27 12-28-06 18
       RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? tidefan1987 12-29-06 19
           RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? KObrien_fan 12-30-06 20
               RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? byoffer 01-02-07 21
                   RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2??? KObrien_fan 01-02-07 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-14-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
If they do, I hope they get another host and make Probst PLAY in that one!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
>>>Has anyone thought that possibly the 16th season of Survivor might be the second All-Star version.

I don't mean to sound jaded, but not only have many people thought this, but this topic gets started over and over at Sucks almost as fast as the mods there can say "not another S16 All Stars spec thread" and lock it. I guess we don't have one yet!

But if you're looking for tons of pre-existing spec and even some information on this, you'll find it in the Sucks S14+ forum.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Yes I hear Romber is already on board

jenniferlyn 147 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jenniferlyn Click to send private message to jenniferlyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Romber is doing a reality show where he tries to be a "professional" poker player. (apparently Amber is just supposed to follow along like a puppy *snort)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
*twitch*

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
bless you

Sonicbluebird 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-14-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I don't want to see an All Star Survivor. If they have to repeat people, make it a second chance survivor, with the people that were booted early in the game (1st & 2nd bootees)

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-15-06, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Wasn't there an interview where Jeff said that they'd never do an All-Stars series again?

But then again, during Jenny's and Rebecca's appearance on Survivor Live, he said that if they had Jenny again in another season, he thinks she'd do well again.

But I agree with everyone else in thinking that it's an idea that's flopped before, so I don't think it's in EPMB's best interests to do another All-Stars.

ktchong 106 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-06, 04:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ktchong Click to send private message to ktchong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Who are the past players/winners who've said they'd never do it again? I think Tom Westman said he would not play the game again. This season, Brad also said it. Who else did?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-15-06, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Never going to happen. Yes, JP said they would NEVER do Allstars again. If they did, the only way it would be interesting is if they bring back all the crazy characters that didn't make it far into the game (+Shane) . . .

Cao Boi & Flicka
Shane & Courtney
Judd & Jamie
Coby & Wanda
Rory & Dolly (or no one from Vanautu -- I hated this season)
Ryno & Darrah (Lil & Jon are WAY TOO ANNOYING to ever be heard/seen again)
Daniel & Joanna
Tedd & Robb (or no one from Thailand -- I hated this season, too)
Sean & Sarah
Brandon, Clarence & Frank Just to see Frank's head explode)
Skupin & Kimmi
Rudy & Gervase (I can't get enough of Rudy & to see him surrounded by a bunch of halfwits would be hilarious.)

But I Digress . . . there will NEVER be another AllStars, EVER. Just doesn't work for a game like Survivor.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-15-06, 07:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I agree All Stars does not work for Survivor. Everyone is always inclined to vote off the strong players. On a strictly competitive game such as Amazing Race, All-Stars is a better concept.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-06 AT 07:23 AM (EST)

I agree I would rather watch a second chance survivor, but I would want to see players that are wacky but didn't make the jury in their season:

Men:
Joel Klug from S1
Jeff Varner from S2
Carl Billancione from S3
Hunter Ellis from S4
John Raymond from S5
Ryan Aiken from S6
Shawn Cohen from S7
Brook Geraghty from S9
John Palyok from S9
Jonathan Libby from S10
Brian Corridan from S11
Dan Berry from S12
Billy Garcia from S13

Women:
Stacey Stillman from S1
Maralyn Hershey from S2
Lyndsey Ricther from S3
Gina Crews from S4
Ghandia Johnson from S5
Joanna Ward from S6
Nicole Delma from S7
Mia Galeotalanza from S9
Wanda Shirk from S10
Brooke Struck from S11
Misty Giles from S12
Cecilia Mansilla from S13

They could pick 8 mena and 8 women and have a heck of a great show.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-15-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Misty Giles from S12

I'd rather have somebody else represent the Exile Island, such as the one who suffered heartbreak before Guatemala, then after putting up a memorial to her son on her beach got uncerimoniously dumped from her tribe.

I'd rather have Timber Tina rep S12, Exile Island

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-17-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I think a more realistic idea is season 17 being a tournament of champions. All the passed winner(that aren't in prison) come back for another go at a 2 million dollar prize (500,000 of 2nd) and run it with no tribes. Everyone competes as individuals the whole game, with 1/2 (rounded up) the players going to TC each week until there are 10 left. then it's normal. My money says Amber goes before Hatch, if he's out of prison.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
It's been suggested, although it was originally projected as Season #19 so they could do three tribes of six people each again. (Don't ask where it was suggested or by who.)

I'm guessing your system has the trailing half of each challenge headed to TC? Not sure that would work early on, at least for the challenge staff -- it means a lot of course designs and setups for individual runs. And as for the rest -- well, eighteen people living on one beach (or in one area, free to divide themselves up and construct as needed) is going to get complicated, especially if people voluntarily split off, create satellite camps, etc. The camera people are going to hate this.

It also takes a lot of mystery out of the game: what's the other tribe up to? What have they built that we haven't? Can we read their political structure from thirty seconds of conversation with Jeff on the mat?

I'm not saying it's unworkable -- just that there's angles that would still have to be figured out. I kind of like the idea of having two camp sites. Build them in the first three days, have Jeff judge which is the better, then improve the good site, trash the bad one, and immediately have a permanent Reward ready to go. Winning half gets the good site: losing half limps back to the bad one after TC.

Of course, Donald might sue. But other than that...

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I kind of like the idea of having two camp sites. Build them in the first three days, have Jeff judge which is the better, then improve the good site, trash the bad one, and immediately have a permanent Reward ready to go. Winning half gets the good site: losing half limps back to the bad one after TC.

Wellllllll, if you was some of the Survivor: Fiji preview, it appears they're doing something similar to just that next season........

Tribe's Secret Santa Siggie!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-06, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
Just wanted to note in here that on Survivor Live in one of their last episodes for this season, perhaps during Ozzy's interview, the Survivor All-Stars II topic came up. Both Jenna and Dalton seemed to agree that there would be another All-Stars and admitted while Jeff proclaimed his distaste of one, they still agreed that they thought there would be one. Ozzy said he would gladly go back anytime to do the Survivor thing once again.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-28-06, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I remember there being a lot of talk about doing an All-Star season before S8 was filmed, with booted castaways being asked if they would want to be on the show again (much like what's happening now). Plus, Jeff's comments about how he thinks Jenny would do well again if she were cast for an All-Stars series leads me to think that they are planning an AS$2. I still don't think it's a very good idea though, considering how the first one turned out.

tidefan1987 26 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-29-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tidefan1987 Click to send private message to tidefan1987 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I think it is a little different now. The Survivor Castaways do not seem to know each other as well as the earlier ones did. They do not seem to do as many events together. The biggest problem with Allstars was the egos and that they knew each other too well.

12-30-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
They do not seem to do as many events together.

Maybe not as many events, but they still do quite alot. I would estimate that a good majority of them are at events at least 6-8 times per year. A couple of events that I have been to, and these guys really have had a chance to get to know each other as well as strategize and "bond".

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-02-07, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
So your attendance at these events can be interpretted as "strategizing and bonding" for when you are on Survivor All-Stars?

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

01-02-07, 03:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Survivor 16 - All-Stars #2???"
I think a pre-requisite to being on ASS-2 is to be selected to be on the show in the first place, and in order to do that the right people weren't there for me to "strategize and bond" with.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •