The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-03, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
Has a show ever been left for dead this much? They move it from a pretty decent Wednesday at 7 (Central) slot to the dead zone of Saturday at 9. Then it turns out we missed it THIS weekend because they moved it to 8 with no warning. And I'm pretty sure Mrs. Malfoy and I were among the few viewers this show had. We tuned in just in time to see the end of the previews. I know I saw Carolyn, and I'm pretty sure I saw Susan. But was booted? Andree and Tonya or Chris and Cindy? And did they say how the winner would be chosen yet?

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:329 Loss To Date:-10
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... Majic Mitch 09-02-03 1
 RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... okdebi 09-02-03 2
 RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... Omalleykoja 09-07-03 3
   RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... Loree 09-07-03 4
       RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... SaphireLady 09-07-03 5
       RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... Draco Malfoy 09-08-03 6
           RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... munson 09-09-03 7
               RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar... Draco Malfoy 09-10-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Majic Mitch 474 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-02-03, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Majic%20Mitch Click to send private message to Majic%20Mitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
Here's NBC's full recap http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Race_to_the_Altar/recap_105.shtml#more , Cindy and Chris were eliminated.

I really liked this I can't believe how they screwed around so much with the programming, losing the viewers that actually followed the show.

okdebi 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-02-03, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okdebi Click to send private message to okdebi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
I'm with both of you! In fact, I totally forgot the damn thing was on Saturday night and I had watched it every Wednesday. I managed to see it last Saturday but plumb forgot the other night.

How ironic that Cindy and Chris were voted out. They should have insisted on Susan and Coyt going the week before!! That was such a bad move on their part.

Debi

Omalleykoja 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-07-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Omalleykoja Click to send private message to Omalleykoja Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
I am dying to find out what happened last night. I thought it was on at 9 and I missed it. (Sept 6th episode) What happened? Which couple was eliminted?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
Nobody was eliminated lastnight. They ended the show like it was Amazing Race and the teams were racing to the desination. But they had to do several challenges lastnight. The first challenge they sent each couple with a polaroid camera to get their photo taken by strangers in front of as many wedding chapels as they could in 90 minutes. They all brought back their envelope with photos but they were not told who had the most and we didn't find out either. So they don't know who won that challenge. Then they did a challenge where they had to race on seadoos on a lake and grab rings off buoys. Coyt & Susan won because they were so much lighter than the other couples that nobody could catch them in speed. Then they were sent on a scavenger hunt in Las Vegas to get 4 different items from different locations. They ended the show with them racing to see who returned with their items first. So we only know Coyt & Susan won the middle challenge. We do not know who won the other 2. So next week there will be more eliminations at the altar.

The other two couples were getting really frustrated with how lucky Coyt and Susan were. They would show up later to a scavenger site and practically trip over the item the other couple had been looking for. But they are the couples that could have eliminated them last week and kept them in the game. So they made that bad judgement themselves.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-07-03, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
Of all the team Coyt and Susan deserve to win this. They have won almost all the challenges and have worked the hardest.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

09-08-03, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
I agree. If Coyt and Susan win, it's because E&C and T&A were too stupid to boot them out. They *know* they're good at challenges, and had 2 opportunities to send them packing. In a game where (as far as we know) eliminated players have no impact on the outcome (unlike Survivor), alliances be damned, if you've got a strong team, you take them out!

That said, this dragging it out is killing me. I was clock watching towards the end and knew there was no way they were going to finish this in an hour. I'm really surprised NBC didn't decide to totally cut their losses and air both this episode and the 2 hour finale (VCR NOTE!) back to back and get it over with.

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:325 Loss To Date:-14
"For the last time, no you may NOT play pin the tail on our lord and savior." - Oh My Gods!

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-09-03, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
My prediction is that Tonya and Andree win this event and boot Coyt and Susan. It's just a guess really but as I watch the show each week, I'm more and more convinced that C&S don't win.

09-10-03, 08:04 AM (EST)
8. "RE: NBC Leaving "Race" at the Altar..."
It looked to me like T&A won the water challenge. No one lasted too long, but Andree seemed to be doing pretty well with it. I *think* T&A also ran out of film for their Polaroid, which would seem to bode well for them winning that one as well, and they seemed to at least be in the lead with gathering the items for the scavenger hunt. It does look good for them, but I don't put anything past editing.

And am I the only person in my generation who knows how to pronounce "Liberace"?

Start Weight:339 Last Weigh-in:323 Loss To Date:-16

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •