The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Leading teams have no advantage"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Spider 164 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-22-04, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spider Click to send private message to Spider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Leading teams have no advantage"
I did not like the way the race was constructed. (not just for CC for all teams)

Colin and Chrisite were first a lot of the time and had a good lead a lot of the time. However, they always got caught up which annoys me because all their effort was wasted doing the challenges. ( and forget the holidays after each leg, juat give me 1 million dollars)

Even in the last leg, CC had only maybe 1hr ahead of everyone and then bang, everyone is at the hotel together. What is the point of doing the challenges in good time if it does not do anything?

I believe that winning teams in each leg should be given a time advance or something for the last leg.

Don't get me wrong, i am not complaining about Chip and Kim winning, CC lost it.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Leading teams have no advantage seahorse 09-22-04 1
 RE: Leading teams have no advantage true 09-22-04 2
   RE: Leading teams have no advantage KObrien_fan 09-23-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-04, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Leading teams have no advantage"
The thing is that the producers want the race to be close. If the best teams kept increasing their advantages in each leg without any bunching at airports or waiting for attractions to open. The best teams could be days ahead of the worst teams and that would not be good for ratings. They want the race to be close all the way especially in the last leg to draw in the viewers.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-04, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Leading teams have no advantage"
The way I look at it, they're racing to get to the final leg. The incentive for finishing first along the way is that you get a head start on the next leg, AND, they gave away a lot of trips as prizes to the first place winners of each leg. (more than I recall in past seasons)

Basically, it's a race to not finish last, and if you are lucky or good enough to finish a leg first, you win a trip. (or several!)

When the bunching started to annoy me, I just looked at it as each leg was, basically, a new race.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-04, 06:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Leading teams have no advantage"
The other way to look at it, is that each leg is a qualifier round to see who qualifies to move on. These guys all know the rules going into the game. Colin and Christie spent so much time at the top that they didn't have the mental strength for the final push to win the game. they had 2 mental lapses that cost them dearly in that last leg.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •