The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
Thanks to Survivor Fever!

One thing that is very interesting...I get a feeling that the hidden II is going to come into play very soon. There has absolutely been NO TALK of it at all, and I think that Yul may be planning a set up, and this would be the ep to use it, IF they merge this ep and it is 5 Raro to 4 Aitu. I can see Nate being the victim of the idol...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... Scarlett O Hara 11-17-06 1
   RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... Loree 11-17-06 2
       RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... samboohoo 11-17-06 3
           RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... Loree 11-17-06 4
 RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... emydi 11-17-06 5
   RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... KObrien_fan 11-17-06 8
       RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... emydi 11-17-06 9
           RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... KObrien_fan 11-17-06 13
 RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... survivor_21 11-17-06 6
   RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... emydi 11-17-06 7
       RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... Flowerpower 11-17-06 10
           RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... Brownroach 11-17-06 11
               RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... forehead 11-17-06 12
                   RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... CattyChat 11-18-06 29
                       RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...W... forehead 11-18-06 30
 Webpromo forehead 11-17-06 14
   RE: Webpromo emydi 11-17-06 15
       RE: Webpromo forehead 11-17-06 16
       RE: Webpromo Brownroach 11-17-06 17
           RE: Webpromo emydi 11-17-06 18
               RE: Webpromo Brownroach 11-17-06 20
                   RE: Webpromo emydi 11-17-06 21
                       RE: Webpromo forehead 11-17-06 22
           RE: Webpromo Flowerpower 11-17-06 19
               RE: Webpromo Brownroach 11-17-06 23
                   RE: Webpromo forehead 11-17-06 24
                       RE: Webpromo emydi 11-17-06 25
                           RE: Webpromo forehead 11-17-06 26
                               RE: Webpromo michel 11-17-06 27
                                   RE: Webpromo Flowerpower 11-17-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-17-06, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I can see Nate being the victim of the idol...

I would think they would go after Candice or Jonathan before they went after Nate though, after seeing them go after Candice again last night by sending her two times in a row to Exile Island.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
It will probably depend on who does very well in the individual challenge from Raro. If Nate competes as good as Ozzie or Yul it just might scare Aitu enough that they ignore Candice and Jonathon for a few days.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
Maybe not. Nate was the only one besides Jenny who voted for Jonathan in the second vote. I'm sure Nate was thinking at least Jonathan would go before Jenny. He could see himself as Number 5 now, and he would be Number 5 on Aitu as well. Nate could be a possible swing.

Thanks Tribe!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I think Nate feels close to both Adam and Parvati. So I doubt he thinks Jonathon has closer ties with them than himself. Nate is very loyal. And the second vote was one where they did not have time to come together and decide on a vote. Nate knew that Jonathon had been mentioned by Adam as a vote out at one time. And Nate did not have the same fear of Jenny that Adam and Candice did. I do not see Nate flipping to the other tribe.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I think this ties into the title

We know Yul tells at least Ozzy, most likely Sundra too.

So the set up would be Yul hangs on for dear life and Ozzy falls out of the likely "endurance" IC challenge. Yul gives the HI to Ozzy bc Ozzy has never been to EI and no one would really think Yul would give it to him.

BUT Jonathan is fed up with Raro and goes to Yul as a MOLE! It would be good for Yul to keep the HI and use Jonathan as a 5th vote...but do they really trust him??? What do they have to lose if they've set it up for Ozzy to have HI as a safety net.

So they tell Jon to vote Nate bc they see Nate as too strong to take a chance on and with Jon as an extra vote, they figure they can wait one vote for Candice and use Jon for all they can.

So it goes Aitu 4 + Jon for Nate
Raro + Nate for Ozzy

They don't even have to use the HI but Ozzy has it just in case Jon double crosses them again and votes Ozzy. I don't think they actually have to use it this time.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
Don't forget that Jonathan received two votes at last nights second tribal council. He knows Jenny was one, but who else did? We know it was Nate, will Jonathan find that out? Because Nate is a strong individual competitor, and since Nate voted against Jonathan, and since Raro didn't welcome him back with open arms, he scuttles back to Aitu to give them the swing vote needed.

And the target is Nate.

11-17-06, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I'm not sure if the extra vote will be that important to Jon (he knew he was a target and he knows (i think) that harping on a vote is not worth it in this game) as much as getting away from Raro will be...we heard him say last nite that mutinying was a mistake and impulsive...I think he likes Yul and Ozzy more than Raro and would rather be their 5th than Raro's 5th

and with this he becomes the wildcard and tries to hold on as long as he can. 6th or 5th at most I think now. I thought maybe he made a F2 pact with Ozzy but the Aitu4 I think now after the last 2 weeks is actually the F4. The only way it doesn't happen is if Parvati (or Jon) wins F5 IC and they have to sacrifice one of their own.

I think him mutinying and then him being the mole was why he was set up in editing for first half as non trustworthy although we never actually saw it happening then.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
My point about the vote is that it is just another reason for Jonathan to flip back to Aitu. As far as using it as who to target, that may or may not be a factor.

survivor_21 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-17-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_21 Click to send private message to survivor_21 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I have a question:

Is that a black buff on Ozzy's arm (in my pathetic little yellow circle)in this picture or am I losing my mind?

11-17-06, 10:04 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
looks like it; merge is next ep per CBS press release for November sweeps

11-17-06, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I like the spec that the Fearsome Four has a plan to use the HII, but in the end they swing Jonathan, and don't need to reveal it...Jonathan will happily vote for Nate, when he realizes he is the one that is voting for him...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
I agree, I don't think Yul will have to use the HII. It's a good idea to draft a plan for using it, just in case, but I don't think he will need to.

Jonathan's gotten a vote at every TC since he flipped to Raro, combine that with his being completely fed-up with Raro's inertia, and he won't care about getting rid of any of them. As he himself already said, he's "a man without a tribe," so he'll do what he feels like.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-17-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
emy et al.:

I agree - Yul has a great plan and while the HI is there just in case, they won't even need it. Matches new "info" - see BR's TDT update thread.

forehead

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-18-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
Count me on board with this speculation. I think Yul will give the HII to Ozzy, who will tank the challenge knowing he is NUMERO UNO threat that everyone wants gone. The backup to swing Jonathan is thought to be tenuous by Yul, but Jonathan does pull through & vote with Aitu. Thereby, HII is spared to be used at a future TC keeping the foursome intact.

Without a doubt, Jonathan will flip. Everything points to it "I'm a wandering Jew in the jungle without a tribe." He's annoyed by the laziness of Raro, doesn't trust anyone. If he flips yet again, Raro would never see it coming. Who would think that Aitu would accept him?

I'm just bummed that they choose to vote out Nate instead of Candice. Nate has to be nervous about his position with Raro now that it's 4 whites & him. He had been advocating getting rid of Jonathan & Candice before cutting down their numbers, but only gave in re Rebecca as she was the weakest link. He was not told Jenny would be next, because he wouldn't have any of that.

Nate said it about 5 eps back that he hoped his alliance/relationship/trust of Parvati wasn't going to lead to his demise and looks like it does. I guess Parvati isn't as impressed with Nate's wood lately.

11-18-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 10, Preview Vidcaps...Why would you trust..."
"I'm just bummed that they choose to vote out Nate instead of Candice."

This is exactly why I haven't ruled out a Candice II win.

forehead

11-17-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
14. "Webpromo"
Thanks to Kona at MESS:

http://eyenet.wmod.llnwd.net/a134/o1/g2demand/entertainment/primetime/survivor13/promo/survivor_promo.wmv

OMH, they're even giving away that Yul shows Jonathan the HI.

They.Don't.Care.Anymore.

forehead

11-17-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Webpromo"
so Jonathan is part of the ruse of the HI; does Yul get Jon to help him convince Raro Jon has it and not him? Sort of like Jon just does not deny it etc. Jon and Yul are playas they could pull that off Ozzy and Becky could help too

Okay if either Yul or Ozzy wins the IC; the other has the HI in his bag at TC just in case Jon doesn't come through with the vote (but he does)

Maybe Yul and Ozzy don't win IC and say Adum wins it after Nate falters...Yul and Ozzy will then need Jonathan's help to make sure of 5-4 majority without chance Raros vote for the one without the HI in his bag (I'm right that you can't give it to someone at TC-you already have to have it in your possession?)

11-17-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Webpromo"
"Okay if either Yul or Ozzy wins the IC; the other has the HI in his bag at TC just in case Jon doesn't come through with the vote (but he does)"

Yep. There are quite a few fun scenarios we can dream up... Try this for size: Ozzy wins II. At TC, Ozzy gives the II to Yul. Now what do you do as Raro? Who has the HI? Ozzy, somebody else? Given that Raro can't fiugre out a thing, they're doomed anyway.

forehead

11-17-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Webpromo"
It doesn't really help Yul, though, to feed a perception that Jonathan might have the idol. That would theoretically make the other Raros less hesitant to vote for Yul and he might be forced to use it.

I think Yul shows Jonathan the idol as a lure and to gain Jonathan's trust. It also works as a form of blackmail -- now Jonathan knows that Yul knows that Jonathan doesn't have the idol, and that Aitu could safely vote against Jonathan at any point.

11-17-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Webpromo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-06 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

BR I could have sworn I read somewhere here that Yul tries to convince Raro Jon has the HI...now I can't find it...it was after Forehead posted the video web promo...

ETA: it was from Prometheus Sucks post that forehead posted

I don't think Yul has to do it, but maybe Jon says it couldn't hurt...

what's up on prometheus BR? anyone else know?

11-17-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Webpromo"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-06 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

I don't know about Prometheus. Some people seem to think he's legit. I suppose he could be legit but have some wrong info, like ChillOne.

Anyway, I don't get the impression the other Raros think Jonathan might have the idol, would any of them have voted for him if they did? And Jonathan doesn't seem to be trying to work that angle himself.

11-17-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Webpromo"
well TDT obviously takes prom's word seriously

11-17-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Webpromo"
Imperfect recollection: I think promotheus first came with 10 members on the jury voting for F2 and later changed it to 9 members on the jury voting for F3. He/she obviously knows something, but who knows if it's all correct.

I'm just filing it away, and we'll see. (I'm certainly not taking it to the bank.)

forehead

11-17-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Webpromo"
I think Yul shows Jonathan the idol as a lure and to gain Jonathan's trust. It also works as a form of blackmail

Definately agree with this. Yul shows Jonathan the Hidden Idol, as a means to validate that he wants him as his ally again. He's letting Jonathan in on the Aitu secret to lure him in, so he can be used and then discarded...Jonathan won't be a hard sell as he has hinted in the last episode...

11-17-06, 04:00 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Webpromo"
I thought they might try to recruit Nate first, but now I doubt they'll waste their time. Yul is a sharp cookie. He'll be able to read that Jonathan is approachable.

11-17-06, 04:06 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Webpromo"
"I thought they might try to recruit Nate first, but now I doubt they'll waste their time. Yul is a sharp cookie. He'll be able to read that Jonathan is approachable."

Agreed. Yul probably had a good chance to read Nate during the 'kidnapping'. While Nate sometimes throws a vote away, he's not going to vote against the core around Parvati.

forehead

11-17-06, 04:14 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Webpromo"
My questions are: Is Ozzy on board with Yul telling Jon about HI...does Ozzy even know Jon knows now. Does Yul even have to tell him, Becky or Sundra about Jon knowing? Probably he will bc Aitu4 is so tight now.

Is Ozzy even on board about getting Jon (not Nate) as swing man? Maybe he protests at first but then Yul convinces him Jon is a better bet than Nate.

Ozzy seemed more upset by the mutiny and he didn't like Jon as much as Yul does. Will Ozzy just agree to "use" Jonathan for all he's worth, getting Aitu4 a majority?

11-17-06, 04:43 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Webpromo"
I haven't seen the show yet, but...

Yul realizes that four Aitu votes may not be enough even with the HI. So, I trust Yul will come up with a brilliant plan to increase the Aitu 4 odds. Should Ozzy win IC, they're in even better shape. They could have 2 IIs to play with, and as the II could be transferred and who knows who has the HI, the Raros will have to coordinate a lot of scenarios - which two Aitus will be immune? The Raros will get lost.

I would be willing to bet that Yul shares his plan with O/B/S, then goes to execute the plan by talking to Jonathan. He could tell Jon, look, you will not know which Aitu(s) will be immune. There's a good chance the second highest vote getter leaves. If it's not you this time, it could be you next ep. Or, you could join us now.

Whatever happens, I'm sure Ozzy will be on board to execute the plan that has the highest probability of overcoming a 4-5 disadvantage.

forehead

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Webpromo"
Jonathan wants the million. Going back to Yul knowing that the guy has the HII would be letting Yul have one hand on the check. Jon should realize that his best shot at the million is sitting next to Candice, his fellow mutineer, or Adam, the bully who kicks people off the island.

If I were in Jon's shoes and Yul told me the immunity may change hands, I'd gather Raro and tell them all to boot Sundra, the one that Yul would never think to give the idol to. Then, being up 5-3, they still have a target no matter who wins individual immunity next week. A Sundra vote would scare Yul enough that he keeps the HII in his pocket until he needs it. At 5-2, as long as neither Aitu has the challenge immunity, then you can split the votes 3-2 to at least cover the possibility of being bounced by the idol.

Yul is taking a big risk because the idol can be flushed out too easily.

PS: I've been advised to take Prometheus with a grain of salt.

11-17-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Webpromo"
PS: I've been advised to take Prometheus with a grain of salt.

I want to be fair, but I have to admit, I've been taking him/her with a HUGE grain of salt. It perplexes me, however, that TDT is quoting him/her?? What's up with that?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •