The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Jury. Thoughts?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-10-06, 07:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Jury. Thoughts?"
Thought we needed a separate thread for this. I agree with Flowerpower. I think they're going to have a final 3, with a 9 member jury.

We've had too many predictable seasons, with landslide votes at the end. This will prevent someone dragging along an unlikeable character for an easy F2 win. I love the idea.

Other theories?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Cathy the Canadian 11-10-06 1
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Flowerpower 11-10-06 2
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? xwraith27 11-10-06 3
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Chez 11-10-06 7
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Georgianna 11-10-06 4
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Snidget 11-10-06 5
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Georgianna 11-10-06 6
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? CattyChat 11-10-06 16
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? michel 11-10-06 8
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Woogie 11-10-06 11
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-10-06 13
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? CattyChat 11-10-06 14
           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Woogie 11-10-06 18
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Ice 9 11-10-06 17
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Woogie 11-10-06 9
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-10-06 10
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Woogie 11-10-06 12
           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? ADKer 11-10-06 15
       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-10-06 19
           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? WatMan 11-10-06 20
               RE: The Jury. Thoughts? CRyanShort 11-10-06 21
               RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-10-06 22
                   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-10-06 23
                       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-10-06 24
                           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-10-06 25
                               RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-10-06 26
                   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? WatMan 11-11-06 32
                       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? KObrien_fan 11-11-06 33
                           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? emydi 11-11-06 34
                       RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-13-06 45
           RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Loree 11-10-06 27
               RE: The Jury. Thoughts? michel 11-10-06 28
                   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-13-06 46
 Possible F3 scenario Woogie 11-11-06 29
   RE: Possible F3 scenario Woogie 11-11-06 30
   RE: Possible F3 scenario KObrien_fan 11-11-06 31
       RE: Possible F3 scenario emydi 11-11-06 35
           RE: Possible F3 scenario lm1203 11-12-06 41
       RE: Possible F3 scenario Woogie 11-12-06 36
 $ Cathy the Canadian 11-12-06 37
   RE: $ Woogie 11-12-06 38
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? goyulandbecky 11-12-06 39
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? sylvanlakes 11-12-06 40
 It'll be a weighted vote scheme... LionChow 11-13-06 42
   RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme... KObrien_fan 11-13-06 43
       RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme... Chez 11-13-06 44
           RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme... michel 11-13-06 47
               I love that idea Chez 11-14-06 50
                   RE: I love that idea Brownroach 11-14-06 51
                   RE: I love that idea michel 11-14-06 52
 The note a fire-building challenge? Rebel Crown 11-13-06 48
   RE: The note a fire-building challe... Woogie 11-14-06 49
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? spacey 11-14-06 53
 RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Brownroach 11-14-06 54
   RE: The Jury. Thoughts? Flowerpower 11-14-06 55
   What about the tie? Cathy the Canadian 11-14-06 56
       RE: What about the tie? Brownroach 11-15-06 57

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-10-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I just realized, that won't work - it could cause a three way tie. Darn it!

So what the heck are they doing? And why are they keeping it a secret?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-10-06, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Cathy, I'm glad that you started this thread! I can see two possible options...

1. F3 with 9 member jury( that way the often popular F3 Survivor could have a chance to win it)...I'm sure they could have some kind of tie breaker figured out, or perhaps they will go one step further and have a F4 with an 8 member jury???...(I kind of doubt that though)

2. Standard F2 with 7 member jury BUT, the message in the bottle informs them that they will vote out 2 members of their tribe at the TC, and neither will get to sit in on the jury

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-10-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
2. Standard F2 with 7 member jury BUT, the message in the bottle informs them that they will vote out 2 members of their tribe at the TC, and neither will get to sit in on the jury.

But why? Doesn't this seem a bit too unfair for these two people? Unless the castaways have been informed pre-season, I really don't think this is a good idea.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-10-06, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
"2. Standard F2 with 7 member jury BUT, the message in the bottle informs them that they will vote out 2 members of their tribe at the TC, and neither will get to sit in on the jury"

If niethoer one of the 2 people voted out next week get to be on the jury, we will still have an even number of jury (8). Maybe option 3 (which I have seen stated elsewhere, can't remember where) is:

Standard F2 with 9 person jury. Of the 2 people voted out next week, one of them makes the jury and the other does not. The note in the bottle helps spell out exactly how that determination is made as to which person makes the jury.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
No other theories. And I love the idea too. But ...

Throughout the season, the announcements by Probst regarding the contestants' odds of 'winning a million dollars' has remained consistent: 'One in ...'.

So, in the event of the tie that might well occur if nine vote for one of a field of three, I don't think it will be broken by either splitting or duplicating the million. And I, for one, am prepared to feel monumentally cheated if I have to watch one more 'build a fire to burn through a string' at the Finale.

And I sincerely hope that taking the Game away from its participants by permitting the audience (either at home, or in the studio, or both) to decide the matter is not in the offing.

However, I can't think of any tiebreaker that I would find acceptable. So, I'm sure open to suggestions ...

G

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
One thought that would break the tie. The message in the bottle tells them there will be F3 + 9 jury. The person who wins the last challange either gets a +1 vote or can decide who gets a -1 vote from the total.

Usually the F3-F2 challange you have a lot of incentive to win it because you pick your F2 partner.

in the F4-F3 you might not go for it based on the alliances as you might in F3-F2. But if you get an advantage in the final trible council that would break a 3 way tie that might make people more competative.

The other way it could work is the winner whether it goes to F3 or F2 gets to decide which juror's vote doesn't count. That way you have an odd number of votes. The stategy is trying to figure out who will never vote for you.

Georgianna 514 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Georgianna Click to send private message to Georgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Snidget,

Although, because it preserves a very real sense of intrigue until the Finale (presuming that the choice isn't revealed until then), I like the second option a bit better than the first, they are both ... brilliant!

Now, if only Burnett & Company is half that creative ...

G

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
"The other way it could work is the winner whether it goes to F3 or F2 gets to decide which juror's vote doesn't count."

This makes the most sense to me, a chance to nullify one vote given to either the final challenge winner or the F3 person (usually the best man/woman) who doesn't get taken to F2.

The alternating jurors would be a BAD idea. I do, however, still like the idea of a F3 with 9-member jury. Sure there is a slight possibility of a tie, but with 3 people to vote for will that really happen? If there is a tie, between 2 or (doubtful) a 3-way tie, I can see another chance for whomever were the tied vote getters to have another chance to plead their case and then a revote (LIVE and after the jury has WATCHED the show). If there still is a tie (extremely doubtful), then either a fire-making or some other challenge live or an "America votes" or some other weird thing.

I highly doubt there would be a tie with 3 people to vote on, but stranger things have happened, and I love the idea of a final 3 and a vote that can be nullified. But this twist has to be revealed towards the very end and not next week.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
It wouldn't be fair to have Brad on the jury and not someone that Outlasted him. It's rewarding mediocrity.

Until we have more to go on, I'm assuming a 10 person jury with a final 2.

Any discussion of tie-breakers can only be speculation. How about the person that wins the F3 immunity gets 1 vote in the urn before the voting starts. The first 9 jury members could be left in the dark and it could offset losing the vote of the person the immunity winner has to vote off. The person brought to the jury has to win at least 6 votes or else the tie goes to the immunity winner.

Woogie 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-10-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I think Brad being a jury seems more unfair as he and Sundra have never been in the same tribe iving together. Especially IF Sundra goes to F2(or3).

BUT since Sundra going to F2 seems unlikable(maybe it will work out for F3 though) I'll pass this discussion.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
but that also adds something else to it; watch out what you do bc you may have just screwed over someone that will be a juror and vote against you and for someone else that has never crossed your path.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-10-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
"I think Brad being a jury seems more unfair as he and Sundra have never been in the same tribe iving together. Especially IF Sundra goes to F2(or3)."

Some reasons I don't think it's so unfair:

1. In a regular jury trial, no jury member is acquainted with any of the parties & have to base their decision on what evidence is presented in the courtroom, how the parties present themselves & can be swayed by argument. So, even if Brad never got that much time with Sundra, she could win him over by her answers to questions at final TC & her opening & closing remarks.

2. In a way it could be an advantage for someone like Sundra. If she is in the final 2 against Nate, for example, who lied & betrayed Brad & Brad holds a grudge, there's an automatic vote for Sundra.

3. First boot after merge doesn't necessarily give the initial bootee enough time to get to know all of the people from the other tribe anyway & some are closed-minded & stick with their original bonds anyway. So I don't really see it as that big of a factor for Brad to be on a jury where he didn't get a chance to really get to know Sundra.

Just my thoughts.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

11-10-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Woogie Click to send private message to Woogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I absolutely think you are reasonable.

But I still think it's unfair.(What a stubborn SH*T I am)

Ice 9 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-10-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ice%209 Click to send private message to Ice%209 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I'm just curious how getting to serve on the jury is a reward. If anything, it's a sentence. If I were eliminated from the game, I'd much rather be off on some excursion than have to be dragged to TC every 3 days or so to sit and listen to the folks who booted me whine.

The only way they'd be "rewarding mediocrity" is if Brad got more of a payoff than someone finishing ahead of him did. THAT would be unfair. Who they choose to sit on the jury is not a reflection of performance. Sure, historically it has been, but it isn't by definition. By definition, it's just a select number of people who choose the winner.

I actually kind of like the idea. If the jury is "randomized", then the players won't really know whether the person they're about to screw over will be on the jury.

11-10-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I agree with the idea that one of next episodes double bootee will not be in the jury.

At least this make more sense than having Final 3. Final 3 with 9jury or 7 can cause 3-way tie or 2.
9 : 3-3-3 or 4-4-1
7 : 3-3-1

And giving the winner o F3 challenger +1/-1 vote seems really unlikely. This is unfairer than giving him/her chance to choose winnable character to F2.

I'll stick to this unless there is better theory coming from some real smart pple.

11-10-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-06 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

They will not let a tie happen imho and I do not think it will be a F3...the final tc would be torture, right BR!?!

I put in the East Coast update thread that possibly, it would be alternating jurors until F6

F12, 10 8 6 5 4 3 are jurors
F11 9 7 are not

Or some other way to determine who is juror and who is not

I'm not sure if they would do this but I don't think EPMB etc think it would be "rewarding mediocrity"; rather they need a new way to change up the game--

To do it this way they needed 20 DAWS because enough (8) have already been voted out before a juror was selected. If you know if a person will be juror or not, that will shake the votes up a lot and then if someone is saved for a week bc of it, by that time could they worm their way into another deal ala Jonathan?

11-10-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I feel alternating jury is really bad move if MB really had it on the show. That's why I'm sticking to 1 of 2 next bootee(which is likably Rebeca and Jenny) will not be a jury.

But I am hoping that in real, there was some other brand new idea taken place. Just HOPING.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Because of the care taken to show Nate's effort to give Brad a false sense of security, I believe that Nate's conduct will have to come back to haunt him, either in in the finale or perhaps the jury will vote to one or mor members to give an odd number of jurors deciding the final winner. In some way, Nate's conduct is going to be significant in the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
They will not let a tie happen imho and I do not think it will be a F3...the final tc would be torture, right BR!?!

I don't think there will be three candidates to vote for, I think it will be the usual two.

If there is an even number of jurors, might they just have two winners if the final vote is tied? The show has been on the air long enough that it could get away with that, maybe.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

WatMan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WatMan Click to send private message to WatMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
First post, I've lurked here for 8 seasons and am always amazed at the high level of info that is pulled out of previews, etc. Amazing! I really appreciate everyone's input.

Anyway; with regards to a possibility of a jury of 9 and a final 3... maybe I'm missing something but I think the odds of a winner's tie is quite rare! I took a few minutes to write out all the possible combinations that 9 voters could give to 3 people, and came up with 55 possible voting combos. Only 4 end in a winners tie:

3 3 3
4 4 1
4 1 4
1 4 4

Of all 55 combos, that's it! With only a 7% chance of a tie to actually have to break, I'm wondering if MB will take the 93% chance that it won't matter, and will have a tie-breaker ready to go only if required. MB would know if he needed it long before the finale would air.

CRyanShort 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-10-06, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CRyanShort Click to send private message to CRyanShort Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Extending upon this good statistical argument, couldn't the votes for the person who is not in the tie (i.e., third place) be recast for only the two who did tie? Like a runoff?

Or does this denigrate the "value of the vote" philosophy of Survivor? Burton and Lill aside, votes have always meant something and something final...

11-10-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
WELCOME WAT MAN!!! Why'd you wait so long!! I hope you stick around..

Well...I could def. see EPMB taking that chance...if it's a 7% chance of a tie. In a 10 person jury with 2 Finalists it would be a 20% chance of a tie (9-1,8-2,7-3,6-4,5-5)

11-10-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
16.66%. You forgot the vote could be 10-0. (Or actually 9.09% if you include the reverse scenarios.)

11-10-06, 03:53 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
crud... well it's still twice as many...

you always keep me honest BR

11-10-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
25. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I'm not good at math so that could be completely wrong.

But with either 3 or 2 finalists, they might take a chance on a tie. Personally I still lean toward 2 finalists.

I don't buy the idea that some people who get booted from hereon out won't be on the jury; or that someone who is on the jury would be eliminated from it later on.

11-10-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
but you realize this means 10 wah wah jury speeches/?s!!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

WatMan 3 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WatMan Click to send private message to WatMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
>WELCOME WAT MAN!!! Why'd you wait
>so long!!

Intimidated. There are some really impressive posters here such as you, Brownroach, KOBrien Fan and a number of others, etc... just didn't feel qualified to jump into high-level stuff without just blathering. Waited until I thought I actually had something of value!

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Welcome WatMan, I know what you mean. Back before I started posting during Season 7 Pearl Islands I was a bit intimidated by reading posts from people like Krautboy and VerucaSalt etc. Now look at me, 5 seasons later and I am considered intimidating by new posters There is so much to discuss each week, it is definately great to see all the different perspectives. So glad you decided to join us!

11-11-06, 10:32 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-11-06 AT 10:33 PM (EST)

Ditto KT!! Thank you for that compliment WATMan! I too was a lurker for I think 4 seasons end of S2 I found this board and I finally came out of hiding in S6 or S7. It seems like yday The wonderful Mistofleas (I miss her ) welcomed me.

Keep posting..I also blather on and on and BR FP et al. usually step in and shut me up

Wanna do this week's SOTS for me, WAT?

11-13-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
45. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I know what you mean, I followed the board for 2 and 1/2 seasons before I ever posted. Glad you decided to jump in, WatMan -- 8 seasons of lurking is too long!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I don't believe they will have a final 3. I think it will be a final 2 as usual. If they decide to have an even number on the jury they have to have something set up in case of a tie.

Since MB seems to dislike it when players don't work and give it their all. He may want to reward those that try harder. Maybe the final 3 will be told that in case of a tie for the win. The $1 million will be given to the person that won the final Immunity Challenge. It would encourage people to try and win the final challenge rather than throwing it because they are sure both the others will take them to the final. It would be better to have the ultimate survivor win their way there than be dragged along.

11-10-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-06 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

Thanks Loree, at least someone agrees with me!

I also like your idea in the other thread that the bottle could be a cash temptation that leaves that person out of the jury. It is a fair way to have someone that outlasted Brad not be on the jury

11-13-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
46. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
The problem I have with the cash-in-lieu-of-jury idea is, what if nobody takes the offer? They couldn't force anyone to accept it, and frankly I couldn't see anyone accepting it. So then they'd still have 10 jurors.

The idea of them making the F3 immunity winner the actual winner in case of a tie seems plausible. Or, I still think they may just give a million dollars to both contestants if there is a tie.

11-11-06, 03:56 AM (EST)
29. "Possible F3 scenario"
Well, I thought the whole day on it(why did I bother to do that!!) and my younger brother(who just turned 13) made a good thought on it.

We know Brad is the first jury and 11 left.
So it's 9 jury and F3 or 10 jury and F2 which can cause a tie.

And there was tons of F3 contestants who deserved to win(out of those three) but was not taken to F2.

So here is what I think.

There will be 9 jury and when it comes to F3 the juries voteout 1 of them who they think does not deserve a chance to get million dollars. And then they will vote for the Sole Survivor out of the left 2 and one voted out of F3 does not get a chance to vote as a jury.

It might sound a little complecated but I think it can really work!!!

11-11-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Possible F3 scenario"
I had posted this opinion in other community and someone over there gave me ans reply about it. He/she said that in Reward Challenge to decode a sentence in Episode 4 the answer was "LAST CASTAWAYS BACK CAST ONE AWAY". And so this answer caused people to think(perhaps a misdirection) about OUTKASTS in Pearl Island though doubted by almost everyone. So that sentence may refer to what I was thinking of.

Just my thoughts.

11-11-06, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Possible F3 scenario"
Talk about an unfair option, to make it all the way to the final 3 and then not even get a vote? I highly doubt that would happen. I think that of all the options, the one with the message offering one of the two boots a cash prize to step off the jury would be the best of them all. Then we get back to a jury of 9 and a final 2.

11-11-06, 10:40 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Possible F3 scenario"
But the press release says two get voted out..I know that may not be controlling but I'm not sure about the $ to go scenario.

If it is..who takes the bait?

Rebecca the exhausted one?

or

Jenny--who has to know she ain't winning this thing...

Bc of the misdirection quote about someone being checked out which I think is Nate talking about Rebecca...remember she had the insider talk about not giving up etc.

I think if $$ is offered Jenny takes it. She has never said anything about not quitting (like Rebecca and Sundra ftm)

lm1203 5 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lm1203 Click to send private message to lm1203 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Possible F3 scenario"
if jenny indeed was offered money and took it in exchange for leaving the game, that would make her comment about hoping brad was concerned with the team rather than himself a few episodes back QUITE ironic.

i don't think jenny knows she isn't going to win. it's easier for us to say that given spoilers having her entire tribe wiped out by the final 4. there have been plenty of survivors in precarious positions before the merge that have gained significantly from it. chances are she sees her chances increased after jon/candice left aitu...

11-12-06, 00:31 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Possible F3 scenario"
I think $$$ thing won't work. Let say two(Rebecca and Jenny) are voted out. And Jeff gives an offer. If I'm one of them I'll sure will take the offer. If both of them wants to take the offer, who will take it? Another booooooooooooring fire challenge for it? No way.

If $$$ thing will take place, It should be done after one is voted out(perhaps Rebecca)and the bottle is opened which describes they are offered to step down the show for $$$(only the first one can do it). And Jenny takes that offer after knowing she is in the bottom of the pole through Rebecca's departure(5-2 votes perhaps, 2 for Jonathan by Rebecca and Jenny).

I'm not sure but neither this nor jury voting out one of F3 seems fair, though the second one is my idea. But Survivor isn't about fairness, right?

11-12-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
37. "$"
I really don't see the "$ to go" thing happenning. What purpose would it serve? It seems like a lame idea, since we already think it's lame that Brad made the jury, having not even met all the players.

I don't think the message in the bottle has anything to do with the jury. My first thought was, it reveals the identity of the person with the immunity idol to whoever wins the bottle.

I still don't know what to think about the jury, though some good theories have been brought up here.

I'm leaning towards the easiest solution is usually right - it's a ten member jury, and they've devised some lame tie breaker should it be necessary, which I really hope isn't a home viewer vote - as I've said elsewhere, if players thought they had to play up to the home audience for a vote, we'd never see a real confessional again.

11-12-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
38. "RE: $"
>I really don't see the "$ to go" thing happenning.

Agreed!!

>it's lame that Brad made the jury, having not even met all the players.

100% agreed!

>I really hope isn't a home viewer vote - as I've said elsewhere, if players thought they had to play up to the home audience for a vote, we'd never see a real confessional again.

Again, 200% agreed!

But as I've posted I really don't think there will be a tie. It will be 9jury and F2, though I'm not sure what way they'll dismiss one jury.

1. As i've posted, when it comes down to F3 the 9jury will first vote a person out and then vote for winner in F2.

or

2. One of F2 will be given a power to dismiss one of jury's vote. Maybe there will be F2 challenge for the first time, or has it got to do something wit F3 challenge.

goyulandbecky 1 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goyulandbecky Click to send private message to goyulandbecky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
My personal theory is that it's going to be a whole different twist. Something like if you're voted off in the F5, you get to replace a jury member. That would keep things as a 7-member jury, and give some advantage to the people placed 3-5 (since presumably, they won't be replaced on the jury) vs. 6-12.

That said, in this scenario, I see this happening:

Pavarti replaces Jenny, 2 members of Aitu replace Jonathan/Candace. It would be sweet, sweet revenge.

sylvanlakes 8 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sylvanlakes Click to send private message to sylvanlakes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
The Jury members will vote at F3 to pick the last person booted.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-13-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "It'll be a weighted vote scheme..."
I think I've got the answer...

Given that a ten person jury could result in a tie, MB must have something up his sleeve to avoid that, RIGHT?

So I'm guessing that each jury member will get a number of votes in accordance with their voted-out-order. Meaning, Brad will get one vote, jury member #2 gets 2 votes, Jury # 3 get s 3 votes and so on until the F3 bootee will get 10 votes. If this works out, I like it because it means that the players that were a bigger part of the game get more say in the outcome, while relatively meaningless Brad gets little say. It will also require the winner to be very diplomatic with those last few boots.

The numbers will work out because it will result in 55 total votes, so there must be a winner. A 7 or 8 member jury would not have worked using this method, because there would be an even number of total votes, though 9 would've been OK.

One question that I am still mulling over is whether MB will allow split votes (F3 bootee can split their votes 5-5 if they want) or if they must give all teir votes to one F2 tribe member.

So what do you think?

11-13-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
43. "RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme..."
I like the premise, but how about something a little easier: The F3 person gets two votes (and has to apply them to one person only), all the others get 1 vote. This would make 11 votes total and no chance for a tie, plus the person that chooses who to take to F2 would have to choose super wisely.

11-13-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme..."
I like this idea, K O'B. It is relatively simple, it influences the final immunity winner to choose wisely, and it avoids a tie.

It still seems strange though - why couldn't MB just start the jury one person later and avoid all this?

11-13-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
47. "RE: It'll be a weighted vote scheme..."
This weighed scheme would be even more of an incentive to lose the final challenge. We've already had Richard, Ethan and Matt that didn't compete. Even Vee and Aras prefered to make deals. You don't need more incentive to reward the loser of the challenge that is brought to the jury.

Putting the F3 immunity winner's name on the first parchement means there would be 11 ballots in the urn and it really encourages those last 3 players to fight it out.

11-14-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
50. "I love that idea"
That is a really good idea, Michel. So what I understand you are saying is every person voted out from now on will be on the jury, leading to F2, meaning 10 jury votes. But one extra vote will be put into the urn right up front and that will be the name of the F3 immunity challenge winner.

This plan is simple, it encourages a true fight for the F3 immunity challenge, it keeps the numbers of votes odd, keeps the F2 (rather than F3) concept, and it does not require any future evictees to miss being on the jury from this point forward.

It seems perfect!

11-14-06, 12:14 PM (EST)
51. "RE: I love that idea"
it encourages a true fight for the F3 immunity challenge

It might encourage future contestants who've watched S13, but it wouldn't have any effect on this final 3 unless they are told about it before the challenge.

11-14-06, 02:06 PM (EST)
52. "RE: I love that idea"
You've got it Chez. Sorry, I had more details in post #8 but that got lost I guess. The F3 players could be told before the challenge starts and it could be kept secret from the other 9 jury members.

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-06, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "The note a fire-building challenge?"
I wanted to add another theory that has yet to be posted, but has been used in the past. The fire-building challenge has been used in various ways; why not here?

The note in the bottle could say that the next 2 voted off will, with Brad, participate to see who makes the final jury. This eliminates the "even jury" problem, with 2 of the eligible 3 going to the jury and the third going home. Pure speculation on my part, but wanted to add the idea since it made sense to me and I didn't see anyone else say it.

I don't post often in Spoilers 'cuz you're all so eloquent and thorough; I'm just fillin' in a crack!

11-14-06, 05:18 AM (EST)
49. "RE: The note a fire-building challenge?"
Well, I can't see why. What is the use of making the juries/voted outs to participate in challenges within themselves for jury?

I saw a post that says one will be willing to not be on the jury to see all those people again until the end of the season, rather than have to come back to that yucky place every 3 days to see those who voted you out. I totally agrre with that.

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-06, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
I had a thought.

Maybe the producers are going to have the public vote the last week and if they have a tie they will use the public vote to break it at the live show.

11-14-06, 05:37 PM (EST)
54. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Prometheus at Sucks is now saying the jury is 9, with the final 3 all competing for the grand prize.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: The Jury. Thoughts?"
Thanks for the link, BR! Well, I don't know Prometheus and what kind of info he/she has, but it sure makes sense to me as I suggested up above in post #2. The F3 person historically has been a popular and deserving daw, this way, they all have a shot....don't know though.

As for the other info Prometheus is spoiling...well, color that surprising, to say the least. His F5 is not who I would suspect...very suspect to me...

11-14-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
56. "What about the tie?"
This is what Flowerpower and I initially thought - but it could still end in a tie.

So would they do a fire challenge tie breaker? Or *gasp* purple rocks?

Or... maybe the 9 member jury begins by voting OUT one of the final three. They can't vote for whoever won immunity, so there would be no tie. The jury decides who the final immunity winner takes to the final 2.

And that person doesn't get to sit on the jury (or, as has been put forth already, gets to replace someone else on the jury), so we again have 9 voting for 2, no chance of a tie.

Whatcha think?

11-15-06, 11:02 AM (EST)
57. "RE: What about the tie?"
I still think that if you make the jury you will stay on the jury and be able to cast a vote, and that everyone who leaves before the final 2 or 3 (whichever) will be on the jury, and that the winner will be decided strictly by jury votes as it always has been.

I don't know about Prometheus' info either. He/she did say that Brad would be the first person on the jury, but at that the time he/she also said the jury would have ten people.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •