The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-08-06, 06:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 11-09-06 AT 09:18 AM (EST)

Episode 8: "Mutiny"

Hello, everyone, and welcome to this week's State of the Spoiling thread, a compilation of all spoilers so far related to this particular Survivor episode.

First off, I'm inviting you all to read our Spoiler Guidelines and our Community Guidelines if you haven't already read them.

Last Week:

With Ozzy's superb swimming abilities, Aitutaki wins reward yet again, and get to binge on peanut butter and potatoes. Jenny helps Rarotonga make a come-from-behind victory at the immunity challenge, sending Aitutaki to tribal council, where Flicka was promptly voted out for being, as Sundra says, a "mosquito that won't die".

Read more about it in kircon's very socially responsible summary over at Bashers. Go on; you know you want to.

Also check out our East Coast Update Thread for last week, which could just be the shortest update thread I've seen on the boards. Pepe and cahaya, thanks for putting up with that episode. A more detailed summary can be found here too if you need a blow-by-blow.

General Spoilers:

Editing has always proven to be a major source of hints and spoilers, and VerucaSalt, our resident expert in that particular field, has a thread discussing how each castaway is being portrayed. Make sure not to miss the insightful and thought-provoking posts by emydi, michel, and other posters.

This Week on Spoilers:

This week's title, "Mutiny", is brought to us by forehead, and the title discussion can be seen in this thread.

Outfrontgirl brings us CBS misdirection, which is riddled with clues about how the Rarotonga tribe will fare this week.

Our image analysis threads, for the Preview and for the Webpromo, are brought to us by Flowerpower.

Michel also brings us the Insider Episode thread, which sheds some more light on why Raro lost the RC (Really? I thought the reason was that Raro just plain svcked), Brad's issues with Jenny, and Jenny dissing Aitu for a poor choice of kidnap victim.

The Mutiny:

For several weeks now, there has been a talk of a Mutiny. That is, people from one tribe will "revolt" and switch to the other tribe. Brownroach has provided us with a confirmation through a CBS press release that the Mutiny happens this episode. And unlike in Thailand, people will actually take Jeff up on this offer! The question is, which players will deflect? Well, TDT has answered that question for us. Candice and Jonathan are switching to Rarotonga, but the bigger question is why, especially after the fact that Candice has been promised a secure F3 position? Darnell from Sucks gives us this explanation, brought to these boards by forehead:

"I don't think Jonathan knows Yul has the Idol. If he did he would not do the switch. Yul is craftier than he is being presented. I am speculating, but....i think numbers and Adam having the Idol are why he follows Candice."

These vidcaps, which we originally thought to be reactionary shots from the mysterious bottle that Probst holds up, are actually reactions to the Mutiny, which we expect to happen before the reward challenge:

Here are other images showing details of the Mutiny:

Aitutaki members being shocked of Candice and Jonathan's decision:

VolcanicGlass showing us that Candice and Adam are indeed reunited (and it feels so good):

The Reward Challenge:

After the Mutiny offer comes the reward challenge, which features a recurring theme on Survivor: tossing around your lightest female tribe members. Apparently, this version involves our ladies getting stuffed in barrels (and tossed over the Niagara?), with a red bag of some sort. More details can be found at the Webpromo thread, with some highlights below:

Adam and Nate running down a fishnet structure:

Nate swimming with Raro's bag:

Sundra, getting in the barrel with Becky (note the wavy red flags):

Becky, getting rolled in the barrel with Sundra:

We can also safely assume that Aitutaki wins this challenge, with Ozzy seen celebrating here:

And possibly thinking of an exile:

On a lighter note, doesn't he look a bit like this famous pirate?

FlowerPower thinks he's picking Jonathan and I can't see why not.

The Immunity Challenge:

This week's immunity challenge features a boat with what I think is a fairly ingenious contraption that fires faux "cannonballs".

Two paddlers will row out into the ocean:

With a third person using the transparent glass portion of the boat as crosshairs:

When everything's aligned, one person will pull a lever:

Sending a heavy ball into a basin, and releasing two bags:

The bags, presumably containing puzzle pieces, are collected:

And brought back to the beach to a structure for assembly:

Hmm... did someone forget to blur out Ozzy's blurrables? At any rate, we expect Aitu to win this challenge, primarily because misdirection is hinting at Raro going to Tribal Council.

The Vote:

Two new Raro members and some fumbling old ones give us a lot of potential targets at Tribal Council. Let's try to assess what these targets have done so far for them to deserve one last torch snuffing and a possible "Good riddance to bad rubbish" from his/her tribemates:

• Gun-toting Jenny has been portrayed as the resident b!tch of Rarotonga, talking smack about JP, Cristina, and now Brad. She might not be the challenge liability that we make her out to be (she says Adam has praised her Ep7 RC performance and we all saw how fast she can do puzzles), but can she convince her tribemates to vote off the person she doesn't trust (Brad), or will her b!tchiness backfire against her? Will she even stick to pre-Mutiny Rarotonga?

• "Nancy-boy" Brad hasn't really done much of anything until recently, but what he has shown his tribemates isn't really impressive. He sat out the swimming portion of last week's RC, possibly costing his tribe peanut butter sandwiches, and he voted against Jenny in the previous episode. His story arc is supposed to peak this week, with his tribemates completely losing trust in him, and we know that trust is a major issue this season. Will this loss of trust ultimately lead to Brad's demise, or are there bigger and newer fish to fry?

• Lovable Candice hasn't done much, but with her blatant air-smooching with Adam and now her tribe-switching stunt, Raro might just not be willing to trust her that easily. Is her connection to Adam and Parvati strong enough to save her from elimination? Does everyone really love Candice?

• Calculating Jonathan isn't at all trusted in Aitu (Yul, Becky, Flicka, Ozzy, Sundra) so I'm not sure why he should be trusted in Raro. That alone is reason enough for people to get voted out of Survivor. Additionally, if he is actually exiled this week, then he's missing out on some "critical" bonding time within his new tribe as OFG proposes. Can Jonathan secure the trust of his new tribe, and can he use his Caucasian Connection to pick off the non-original Raro members? Will he and Candice be able to capitalize on the animosity threatening to fracture Rarotonga?

Well, Adam has expressed his desire to vote some "kid" out, and I doubt he'll call Jenny or Jonathan a "kid":

and misdirection indicates that someone has trouble fitting in. OFG thinks it's Brad, emydi says it's Jonathan, and xwraith thinks it's Candice:
"One Survivor desperately tries to fit in with their tribe, but suddenly finds out they're on the outside."

The biggest indication of the boot, however, still comes from the previews:
"... Brad loses Raro's trust."

With the trust factor seeming to play a major role this season, the person who is most vulnerable to get voted out is the same person who apparently isn't wearing his Lucky Brand Jeans:

Final Assessment:

Summarizing that long post into five lines:

Mutineers: Candice and Jonathan
Reward Winners: Aitutaki
Exile: Jonathan
Immunity Winners: Aitutaki
Bootee: Brad, your self-proclaimed puzzle expertise isn't needed anymore. Katoto, kababayan, paalam.

Vote for him (or some other person) in dabo's vote thread.
Also check out Scarlett OHara's Across the Board Picks thread, where we can compare predictions from all over the Survivor spoiling community.
Lastly, this season's prime spoiler source, Darnell of Sucks, has chosen Brad as this week's boot. I guess I finally got one right, then!

Well, that's it for this edition of SOTS. I just hope everything I typed up there made at least a tiny amount of sense.

Please be nice. I'm a SOTS virgin, and I barely speak English outside of these boards.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Flowerpower 11-08-06 1
   Seriously? Thank you. xwraith27 11-08-06 2
       RE: Seriously? Thank you. Flowerpower 11-08-06 3
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... michel 11-08-06 4
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... seahorse 11-08-06 5
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Brownroach 11-08-06 6
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... forehead 11-08-06 7
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Scarlett O Hara 11-08-06 8
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... RudyRules 11-08-06 9
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... emydi 11-08-06 10
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Wallflower66 11-08-06 11
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... CTgirl 11-08-06 12
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... CattyChat 11-08-06 13
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Bravehart 11-08-06 14
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... xwraith27 11-08-06 15
   RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Brownroach 11-09-06 19
       RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... emydi 11-09-06 20
           RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Brownroach 11-09-06 21
               RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... xwraith27 11-09-06 23
   RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... Bravehart 11-09-06 22
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... whoami 11-08-06 16
 RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... strid333 11-09-06 17
   RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)... xwraith27 11-09-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-06, 06:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
WOW, xwraith, that was a PERFECT SOTS! And it was your first one! Color me seriously impressed! I loved it and appreciate it, and I sure hope you will choose to do one again in the future! You rock!

11-08-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Seriously? Thank you."
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-06 AT 08:08 AM (EST)

Thanks, FloPo! That means a lot, especially coming from you.

I had it easy, really, with all you terrific guys giving me lots of material to compile.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Seriously? Thank you."
SERIOUSLY, both you and WALLflower rock at these, and I really hope to see you guys give your 2 cents all over our boards in the seasons to come! Hip Hip HOORAY for our newbie SOTS'ers!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
I'll second FP and say that was an outstanding job. Thank you Xwraith for putting it all together.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Very well done.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Slam-bang SOTS, xwraith! Another bullseye by a first-time SOTS-writer.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask someone, anyone, if they can explain what Candice is saying:

"Stuff's about this start and moving."

Huh? Maybe it's me, but this isn't English. Was it mistranscribed or does it mean something (in Candicean)?

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-08-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Fabulous SOTS, xwraith27! You should become a regular too! "Blurrables", "resident b!tch" - good stuff.

Thanks,
forehead

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
My dear X,

You are magnifique!! What a delightful and informative SOTS you have given us this week! Now I've got all the information I need for the week. Thank you, Sugar, and I do hope you'll continue with these as you have the gift!

What language do you normally speak and write? Your written English is perfect!

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Well done you SOTS virgin!

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Great, wonderful Thank you x!

x what can I say? It's great; you're great. Thanks for agreeing to do this! And you have a wonderful grasp of the English language!!

Wallflower66 2446 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-08-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Terrific SOTS, X!!! You're the MAN!

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Nice job! I thought I'd read all the threads, but you included some reward challenge info I'd missed. Thanks!

P.S. Loved the comparision of Ozzy and Orlando Bloom.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-08-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Great job, X. Everything put together so well, with some good zingers thrown in. I also have to commend you for your Ozzy-Orlando comparison. That was perfect, especially since I was thinking along the lines of Crazy Shane from last season. Ozzy & Orlando are a much better match.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-08-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Wow, wow, wow! You know know your shtuff! Great SOTS! Great work on PTTE as well xwraith!

11-08-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Thank you all for the wonderful compliments! Like I said earlier, I couldn't have done an informative SOTS without all your spoiling help (and the pressure of producing a passable one, especially coming after WallFlower).

I speak, write, and breathe Filipino, which explains why I can't seem to hate Jenny for all her wonderful b!tchiness. While we're supposed to be the "second largest English-speaking country in the world", a lot of us (including yours truly) have absolutely no sense of grammar.

11-09-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
You could have fooled me. Lots of native English speakers wouldn't do nearly as well.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
nearly as good

11-09-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Stuff's about this start and moving

11-09-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
23. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Oh wait... that is grammatical!

Bravehart 264 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-09-06, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravehart Click to send private message to Bravehart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
I love Jenny! Even with all her b!tchiness, she is brilliant! I live in a Canadian community that has over 40,0000 wonderful Filipinos. Your grammar is better than many of my English speaking friends! Keep up the great work and thanks for the SOTS.

I'm afraid Raro is going to start picking off the Asians because there are still 4 left in the game....sad...or strategy?

Caucasians left:4
Black Americans left: 3
Hispanics left: 1

Is it still a social numbers game?

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-08-06, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Great SOTS Xwraith, Thanks.

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-09-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Very good summary, and Ozzy does look like Johnny Depp!

Three is the perfect number.

11-09-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
18. "RE: State of the Spoiling (S.O.T.S)- Episode 8"
Thanks, strid! That's not Johnny Depp in that pic, just his trusty sidekick.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •