The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Insider Episode #7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Insider Episode #7"
With many Thanks to James barber at survivor Sucks:

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Find out what the Aitu tribe had to say as they cast their votes at Tribal Council.

OZZY ("Flicka Flame"): I'm sorry, girl. It's what I gotta do to stay in the game. I'm sure you'll understand. I hope you'll understand.

JONATHAN ("Flicka"): I really admire your spirit and the way that you live your life. I think with another group of people you would have coalesced and felt more comfortable. At this point out, you were the oddest person out on our team. I appreciate all the hard work you put into our challenges and all the work you did around the tribe. Good luck.

CANDICE ("Jessica"): I know we haven't been the greatest of friends, but this is not a personal vote. This just has to do with what we need to do for our tribe in the future.

SUNDRA ("Jessica"): Flica, I don't even know what to say. I know you were trying to get me out, and you were trying to get everybody else out. You were just flying with the wind, going everywhere you could go, and it was just too, too hard to trust you. Sorry.

FLICA ("Jonathan"): I didn't trust you before and I'm not going to start now.

BECKY ("Jessica"): I'm just really tired of dealing with your wishy-washiness, your ongoing paranoia, and your desperate lies.

YUL ("Jessica"): I admire your spunk, your spirit, your colorful personality. But "Survivor" is a game; that's why we're all here. You need to make a nominal effort to try to play the game. I think you did, ultimately, after Cao Boi left, but by then it was too late. I wish you the best.

JESSICA'S FINAL WORDS

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I've had a wonderful time, it's been the adventure of a lifetime and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I wanted to wish Ozzy good luck. I'll be rooting for ya, brother. To my tribe, thanks for making this experience what it was. Have fun, and I hope to see you again later." (clicks her teeth and cocks a finger at the camera)

(cut)

"You know, I'm not even concerned with why it was me tonight. It just came down to someone having to go, and maybe it was just my turn. I'm not holding it against anyone, for whatever reasons you may have had. I'm alright with that. I just hope you continue to make the right decisions through this journey."

(cut)

"I guess maybe I wasn't playing this game as hard as I should've. I maybe should've been more manipulative with my personality, but it's really hard for me to change who I am."

(cut)

"I just want to be able to be myself. I'm sorry if I didn't play hard enough. I had a lot of fun, and I guess that's what's most important to me."

(cut)

"I think it's really important to remain an individual, and just be OK with me every day, getting up and going to bed, just making sure I was able to have the adventures that I had dreamed of, and I really did. I loved going out and fishing and seeing the ocean, and swimming in the ocean. Getting on the outrigger. Memories have been made that I'll never be able to forget, so I'm thankful for those experiences. Thank you, 'Survivor', (waves her hands and goes "aagh"), I love you. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you."

(cut)

"The thing I learned about myself through this experience is I would say it's really hard for me to change my personality and just get out there and schmooze with people just because they're in my living situation (laughs). I'm not used to having to conform myself just because I'm around people who are different than I am. In that aspect, I think that I learned a lot about myself, because I realized I'm more stubborn than I realized with me wanting to just kind of being in this dream state where I'm like, 'I want to be me.' I had a hard time changing that."

REBECCA INTERVIEW

After Raro's loss at the reward challenge, Rebecca talks about the implications of her collapse.

"Clearly, today my body did not have the energy to pull through. I was exhausted, five minutes getting into the water. I just could not connect."

(cut)

"Because my body gave out, and I did not have the energy to find the key and come back in enough time, definitely today's loss was my loss for the tribe. And we lost another reward challenge."

(cut)

"If my tribe is going to judge based on who was weakest in the most recent challenge, then it would be me, and if they choose to vote me off based on my performance today, then I have no argument with that. I just hope that I can still stay in the game and prove myself in the next immunity challenge. It means everything for me to be here. My mind is still so in it, and I don't know what I have to do to get my strength back up to compete the way I competed when I first came out here, day 1. I'm gonna do whatever I can over today and tomorrow in hopes I can get my body back into this game. My mind is still clearly here."

(cut)

"We miss Nate a lot. I so wish we had him today because he's a strong swimmer and still has a lot of energy and a lot of strength."

(cut)

"It was nice to see him after the reward, and just being around him, because I've been with him since day 1. He's a good friend."

(cut)

"When Nate came back he talked about the other tribe and how they're strong, but not as strong as we are. They have a lot of little gaps going on where people are aligning and having small alliances. He doesn't think they're going to hold out much longer and they don't have the same type of family unit over there that we have over here. He was basically reassuring us to hold on and there's going to be a brighter side."

(cut)

"I think the other team strategized better than us. In terms of stepping up and people saying what they're really good at, I think that tribe did a better job. I think like today, for example, their strongest swimmers were really their strongest swimmers. I think if we had had the men swim, it would have been a lot more of an even race. That tends to happen a lot of times when we strategize - we don't put the strongest people in the places where they need to be."

(cut)

"I wanted that peanut butter and bread so bad, because I know one of the reasons I'm getting weaker every day is I'm lacking in carbohydrates and I've been living on pure protein since we got out here. In order for my body to perform well in something that requires so much energy and so much endurance, I need some form of carbohydrate in my body, some type of complex carb, and I haven't had any in over two weeks. I think that's the only reason I couldn't complete the swim today. It's something I do all the time."

(cut)

"I've never experienced exhaustion before, or dehydration. At that time, in the water, I felt like I was experiencing all of it. I could not breathe, I was discombobulated, I felt dizzy. I was barely - I was so close to collapsing at the very end."

(cut)

"Someone in our tribe wrote down Jenny's name, and no one has confessed to it. It's creating tension in the tribe, because we do want to believe we can trust every single person, and for someone to do something like that tells us our tribe is not as close-knit as we think."

(cut)

"I think Brad wrote down Jenny's name. I think Brad has an issue with Jenny. I think he sees Jenny as a threat. I think he wanted Cristina to stay."

(cut)

"For Adam to compete in the challenge the way he did today, I think he did a great job picking up my slack, and then to have to go to Exile by himself. It's freezing today, and it's raining, it's going to rain all through the night. I'm sure that he is utterly frustrated and just disgusted with me."

(cut)

"I wish I could change - I wish I could put my mind in my body so they could work together, because I still don't want to go home right now, but I still don't know what to do. It's the most frustrating feeling in the world. You feel like you're in a jail and you can't get out."

(cut)

"I am never, ever going to give up. I just wish I could do something to prove to my tribal mates that I want to be here just as much as anyone else, besides saying it. You have to show and prove out here in this game, and if my body can't compete, I don't know what else to do, other than them have faith in me and my loyalty and know looking at the big picture that I am still strong, and to give me a chance to prove myself once again. That's all I can hope for."

WHO VOTED FOR JENNY?

Watch as Jenny discusses her investigation of the tribe's votes after Cristina's elimination. Who voted for her and why?

"It was a stressful night last night, especially I was expecting to see my name on a piece of paper just once. I knew Cristina was going to try to vote me out last night. Yet it was there twice. Without Nate, and I knew he was going to vote Cristina. Out of the bunch, I was thinking OK, who wrote it down. So we came back from Council last night, it was the first thing I asked when we were trying to start up our fire. 'Who wrote my name down?' I knew it wasn't Adam, for a fact, because at Tribal Adam spoke highly of me and how I performed at the challenge. Rebecca and Pavarti I completely trust. We've had many discussions on how we like each other and trust each other and such, and we were in agreement with Cristina. All that was left was Brad. In the back of my mind I was always like can I trust Brad. Can I trust him?"

(cut)

"Brad never 'fessed up to putting my name down, and I've asked him enough times to give him the opportunity to do so. But he sold me out. Waking up this morning, and Rebecca and I agreed, the first thing we said was we couldn't sleep because of that. We couldn't sleep knowing we had a sly one in the bunch."

(cut)

"There is a heightened sense of paranoia because my name was written down there outside of Cristina's vote. It was a shock. I'm not going to sweat over it because if it's just, if it's Brad, I have more people I trust in this tribe that will keep me on this island longer."

(cut)

"Another twist in this game - during Tribal, when Raro was going to vote a person out, Jeff told us that Aitutaki got to pick one of our members to join their group until the next challenge, and to enjoy a plateful of the nice feast that they had. Ironically, if they were smart and they were paying attention, they would've picked Cristina, and that would've really changed our vote and would've been a very interesting evening. They were probably too busy eating and not paying attention to what we were saying and that we had a problem with Cristina, so they picked Nate. That was OK. That was good. I was real nervous about that one. If they'd picked Cristina...I was thinking, 'Uh-oh, it could've been me.' Each one of us girls thinking, 'Uh-oh, it could've been me.' Fortunately, I'm glad Nate got to go over there and enjoy a plate of food. He was feeling a little bit sluggish before yesterday's challenge, that wrestling challenge we had. I'm happy for him, glad he's over there. He's the best person we can have over there. He's got great personality. I'm sure he can get a lot of information from them. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll keep our secrets here at Raro intact, or at least things about our tribe intact."

(cut)

"I think the Aitutaki tribe, they weren't listening. If they were thinking strategically, and how it would really hurt us, it would be taking Cristina out because it would force us to get rid of someone who we thought in our minds was of greater value to our team. In their minds they were thinking the other way, saying, 'Well, let's take Nate away and it's going to hurt them in a challenge.' I think that won't hurt us as much as they think it will."

FLICA, THE DAY AFTER

After her elimination, an upbeat Flica discusses how she feels about her tribe and her performance in the game.

"I really hope that people realize that being out here and enjoying everything these islands have to offer is the best way to play the game. Either way, you're really winning. You get to come out on top. You appreciate all these things that make life wonderful. The Cook Islands are a wonderful place to be. I hope that people realize I played the game well just by enjoying myself."

(cut)

"My tribe and I were just different kinds of people. Our ideas of who we are and what we're out here to accomplish were just different from the beginning. I had a really hard time not being myself, and opening up to people in a fake way was just not something I really wanted to do. When I found out no matter how hard I tried, they didn't really seem to be listening anyway, I just appreciated doing my own thing even more."

(cut)

"I think a lot of people from the getgo were just being really fake with each other. I mean, I tried from the beginning to open up conversation, and people just didn't seem to be comforable answering questions about themselves and their personal lives. That might have been their strategy, but to me it seemed kind of wishy-washy, kind of fake. Maybe they're not really comfortable with who they were."

(cut)

"I do believe I was too passive to start. I had a little bit of anxiety coming into the game, because I didn't really feel very comfortable with Pavarti or Candice as the two girls to identify with. Then Adam kind of being a fraternity brother, and then an older writer guy who says he's an actor, I just didn't know what was going on when the game first started. I was like, 'How in the heck did I end up on this tribe?' I thought it was comical, almost. I was definitely the outsider."

(cut)

"I was very thankful when we merged, because at least I had new people who wanted to find out about me and wanted to give me the time of day and listen to what I had to say."

(cut)

"I think I played the game pretty well. I think I was a strong person and a strong player. I think my problem in the game was that I just haven't had as much skills of manipulating people on a day-to-day basis and maybe those people have more experience with that. That shows a lot more of their character, which I don't really mind so much that I don't have that in my character."

(cut)

"If being too trusting is a problem I guess I will always live with that problem, cause I honestly wanna be able to believe people and trust people and their intentions. It might be a life experience for me to just sit back and realize, 'Trust no one.'"

(cut)

"When you're in that game, it's hard to be so alone out there. To realize you have no one to trust. I thought I trusted Jonathan, and then I realized that he was lying to me the whole time. The trust just went out the window and I just didn't have anyone else to identify with except for after we merged, and that was Ozzy and Cao Boi."

(cut)

"I think the most interesting part of this game is not only does it take people outside of their normal elements, it transforms people's minds to where they can't escape this craze of what other people are thinking about them, or how they're interpreting all this information and the things that are going on, and who's saying what, and what's going on, and I think it just kind of makes people a little crazy."

(cut)

"You know, when I think of my Survivor experience, I don't really think of the people as much as I think of the place, and this entire atmosphere of what I got to experience with the challenges and new things that just really sparked my interest and my new passions for being underwater and the ocean. The first time I'd ever been snorkeling, and getting to swim with fish. Even just tasting food that I'd never really experienced because I'd been vegetarian for so long before this. It really opened up my eyes to all these things I got to appreciate. A whole new start, really. A whole new chapter I got to start for being on Survivor."

(cut)

"I really hope I left some of my spirit behind with the tribe, because I want them to be all they can be the whole time that they're out there. I put in as much energy as I could and they can take from it what they would. I'm still going to give them as much energy as I can for as long as they're out there, because I'd really like one of them to be one of the ones to win in the last game. Whether they manipulated me and they played the game harder than I did, it was just they were better at that part of the game than I was. I really feel that I contributed by putting in my spirit and letting them know there's so much out here to enjoy. Maybe you know just take a breath, just take it all in and just relax for a minute. I hope that they take that with them the most."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Insider Episode #7 Outfrontgirl 11-05-06 1
   RE: The Insider Episode #7 michel 11-05-06 2
       RE: The Insider Episode #7 xwraith27 11-05-06 3
 RE: The Insider Episode #7 Brownroach 11-06-06 4
   RE: The Insider Episode #7 emydi 11-06-06 5
 The Yul Word Count Tally Brownroach 11-06-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Insider Episode #7"
Thanks!!!
Good insight on Raro dynamics.
Nate & Rebecca tight.
Jenny/Becca/Parvati tight (from Jenny's POV at least).
Nate was a sure vote against Cristina.
Brad hasn't fessed to going against the tribe.

Nate will have come back to learn there was a mystery vote against Jenny that went against consensus. Nate missed the TC vote.

So there was a reason to distrust Brad that started in Ep 7, but they didn't include it because Raro won IC. We might expect to see some confessionals actually done in Ep 7 shown in Ep 8 as the "we can't trust Brad" feeling makes the rounds, along with the fallout from the RC we've already seen.

Looks like Raro is one of those "family unit" tribes that doesn't divide up into alliances so much as it tries to shave off weak elements to get to merge strong. Aitu is the alliance-making tribe and Raro sees that as a weakness.

After the switch, old Raro may continue to look at the tribe the same way, instead of suddenly seeing an alliance game. Some of old Raro at least, enough to where they miss the opp to vote out one of the reunited Caucasians ... and focus on Brad whom clearly they were going to vote out if it came to an Ep 7 vote.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Insider Episode #7"
Jenny might not know exactly what is going on. We heard Nathan say he didn't trust her. Could Brad have been left out to dry with that vote? When Cristina was making her rounds trying to save herself, Brad was with the noncommittal Parvati. What if she led Brad into believing that she'd vote against Jenny? She had to know how Adam was pro-Jenny. If she knew Nathan was pro-Cristina, she'd be the deciding vote if Brad and Nathan were to vote Jenny. What if Brad was set up?

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-05-06, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Insider Episode #7"
What if Brad was set up?

By Parvati? I don't think so, michel. In a previous Insider episode, Parvati says that she and Brad are TIGHT, and we have no reason to believe that their relationship has changed. I believe we saw them discussing either the JP or the Stephannie boot while the two of them were at the beach. Back then, it was Brad sharing information with Parvati. I can't think of a reason why Parvati won't share information with Brad.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Insider Episode #7"
I wonder from reading this if Rebecca's stamina level is going to worsen. She doesn't seem to have any problems with her tribemates, nor they with her, and she does try hard. I think Nate would be looking out for her. If she's one of the double boots in two weeks, it could be partially because she's not holding up well by that time. Maybe she's the weak link in another challenge.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Insider Episode #7"
either that or NunuRaro whites - Flica + Nate take control and boot the minorities starting with Brad then Jenny (not trusted by Nate) then it would be either Rebecca Nate or possibly Jonathan. Nate can't risk going against the majority.

Also if you watch the insider TC votes...Becky and Sundra are very abrupt and snotty almost...the men and Candice of Aitu were
much more diplomatic. Candice just said the vote fits in with what they want to do further in the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-06, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "The Yul Word Count Tally"
Well, the production crew may have told Yul he needs to make his vote speeches a little snappier; apparently he didn't have time to address Jessica by name or tell her he was sorry to be sending her home. He still managed to clock in at over 50 words though.

YUL (Cecilia): Cecilia, I'm really sorry to be sending you home. You seem like a wonderful person, I just haven't had a chance to get to know you very well over the past 24 hours. The vote was either going to go against Becky or yourself, and between the two, my loyalty is to Becky, because I've known her for longer and obviously have a strong friendship and alliance with her. Best of luck to you. 74 words

YUL ("Cowboi"): Cao Boi, I'm truly sorry for sending you home. You're a fascinating guy, you've done so much with your life, and I've definitely grown to admire and respect you. For me, after you turned on Becky and tried to vote her out at the last Tribal Council, I just realized that I couldn't put my faith in you, I couldn't trust you. You're so unpredictable and I can't put my future with you. I wish you the best of luck with your family and your kids. I hope you have a wonderful life. Take care. 95 words

YUL ("Jessica"): I admire your spunk, your spirit, your colorful personality. But "Survivor" is a game; that's why we're all here. You need to make a nominal effort to try to play the game. I think you did, ultimately, after Cao Boi left, but by then it was too late. I wish you the best. 53 words

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •