The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 7 Web Promo"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-27-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-06 AT 02:11 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Fever

Yep the swimming challenge is next week....

And from the previews for the rest of the season, we know that Ozzy is not going anywhere...so it's a "hidden" boot this time..with Flicka as an OFG candidate

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 7 Web Promo michel 10-27-06 1
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo emydi 10-27-06 3
 RE: Ep 7 Web Promo knuckles487 10-27-06 2
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo emydi 10-27-06 4
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo michel 10-27-06 5
 RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Flowerpower 10-27-06 6
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo knuckles487 10-27-06 9
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo survivoraddicted 10-28-06 25
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo emydi 10-27-06 10
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo CattyChat 10-27-06 11
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo emydi 10-27-06 14
 Back to Business ... emydi 10-27-06 7
   RE: Back to Business ... michel 10-27-06 8
       RE: Back to Business ... Flowerpower 10-27-06 12
 Breaking Tiles is the RC Flowerpower 10-27-06 13
   RE: Breaking Tiles is the RC emydi 10-27-06 15
   ... or VolcanicGlass 10-28-06 18
       RE: ... or Flowerpower 10-28-06 20
 RE: Ep 7 Web Promo survivoraddicted 10-28-06 16
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Flowerpower 10-28-06 17
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo survivoraddicted 10-28-06 19
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo emydi 10-28-06 24
   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo VolcanicGlass 10-28-06 21
       RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Flowerpower 10-28-06 22
           RE: Ep 7 Web Promo VolcanicGlass 10-28-06 23
           RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Outfrontgirl 10-28-06 26
           RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Outfrontgirl 10-28-06 27
           RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Outfrontgirl 10-28-06 28
               RE: Ep 7 Web Promo Flowerpower 10-29-06 29
                   RE: Ep 7 Web Promo RabidDingo 10-29-06 31
 Sports Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-29-06 30
   RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps knuckles487 10-29-06 32
       RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps Outfrontgirl 10-30-06 33
           RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps knuckles487 10-30-06 34
               RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps Flowerpower 10-30-06 35
                   RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps emydi 10-30-06 36
                       RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps Brownroach 10-31-06 37
                           RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps emydi 10-31-06 38
                               RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps Brownroach 10-31-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-06, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Ultimate/Dominant/Strength/Target = Ozzy is the story of the season, isn't he?

10-27-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Nope he's gone next TC

no wait this is Spoilers not Fanatics

knuckles487 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-27-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-06 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

Nothing to add except.....

WHOAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Yeah Baby!!!!

If Billy finds out, he's gonna kick her a$$.

10-27-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
nope, he'd just wanna join in...remember Billy liked Flicka and her "alternative" style

10-27-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Maybe the theme of the season is: "Everybody Loves Candice" afterall!

One week of recrap and we've gone silly!

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Well, I second what forehead noted in the other thread, it appears that the promo is all about Ozzy this week. The lone white bird was a huge hint, and validation that it indeed represents Ozzy!

Clearly two challenges this week. According to the ep 6, Nate will return to his Raro tribe AFTER the RC...don't know which one is which. Here is the first challenge to examine:

The challenge is clearly tribal, and the two tribes are assembled on the shore. On Jiffy's go they race, one at a time, with a mallet or bat in their hand out to a side by side structures that are tall. They must be climbed and then the daw has to leap while swinging the bat to try and bash a hanging plate of some kind. First tribe to bash all the plates and to return back to the finish mat will win.

On Jiffy's go, we have Rebecca and Ozzy starting off...

Now we see just Rebecca:

and here is Ozzy swimming out..

Here is Ozzy on the platform:

Then here he is returning:

***Note in the caps of Ozzy returning we can see Rebecca just getting up and on the platform to start climbing up. Ozzy has gotten an incredible lead just on his first run...

Now here are Candice...

...and Yul competing...

With all of the barrels seen at the start with this challenge, I am wondering if they all race one at a time to bash the tiles/plates, then when the last one is broken they race back get the hatchet and chop the rope to release the barrel that is seen in the other vidcaps, signifying the winner.
Clearly, it seems as though Aitu will win this challenge handily.

Now here are vidcaps of the other challenge....

Here we see Ozzy starting on top of a zip line structure. Note Jiffy is wearing a light blue shirt and hat. Note the tree top vegetation in the background...

I don't know what those floating structures are at the end of the zip and what they are supposed to do with them...retrieve something? Go somewhere else?

Here is Ozzy doing the dolphin swim back to something in the water, is he supposed to retrieve it?

Here is Nate racing in the water to something as well...

Now here are Parvati and Brad on the zip line...

Now here is Nate at this challenge, note the tree tops in the background and the rope to his left, the right of the frame...

Now, since we know that Nate is participating with the Aitu tribe for the RC, and he's reacting negatively here, I would bet that this zip line challenge could be the IC, and Raro doesn't look too good....

Here is Yul climbing up the rope ladder with multiple sacks on his back, note the jumping up in the air in the background, Jonathan, who appears to be sitting out this challenge. He's wearing the brown shirt and hat of his...

To me, it appears that Yul is about to win this, see Jonathan is in the excitement phase....

Now here are some vidcaps of Parv leading her tribe up stair colomns....probably more toward the beginning of the challenge. She's wearing the same thing that she is seen wearing on the zipline...

So, it does appear that Ozzy will be the critical player in both challenges this episode, and will lead some on his tribe to worry about him running away with the game later....but not this week, as I think it will be an Aitu sweep...

10-27-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail knuckles487 Click to send private message to knuckles487 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"

There is a barrel to the left of Yul that when taking into account the camera position and angle, looks like it is positioned between and behind the starting mats of the two teams. But what is that sitting on top of it?

I agree with you that Aitu wins the tile challenge rather handily. In the pictures of Ozzy jumping from the platform and breaking a tile, go back and look at the 2 black and white pics. Look at the tiles closely and you can see that the first 2 are already broken with pieces hanging and that he is jumping out to break the third one. Candice is breaking the second and Yul looks to be breaking either the 4th or 5th. From the position of that post to the right of him, I would say 4th. Does Ozzy go out for every other one or something?

survivoraddicted 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-06, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivoraddicted Click to send private message to survivoraddicted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Just a thought, Yul looks cold. Does this mean he went into the water already? SO this isn't the start of the challenge?

10-27-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-06 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

I too think the Tiles challenge is RC...see misdirection thread--more physically challenging than zipline and with Rebecca? being blamed by Adam for loss...

With Becky and Sundra sitting out ...there are 6 tiles ea and from the vidcaps it appears that at least 3 of the Aitu compete--Ozzy Yul and Candice Nate is not shown but he has to compete for Aitu (like Rupert did in S7 PI). I think a Raro has to go twice (Adam see exhaustion Misdirection) to hit an extra tile bc they lost Nate last TC to Aitu. Jon also has to compete bc he can't sit out two separate challenges and he sits out the Zipline one. Flicka is seen as strong so she is unlikely to sit out over Candice. I think she participates too.

After Aitu wins RC, Nate will not participate in reward (like Rupert) and go back "with noting for ya" to Raro. At IC, only one Aitu would sit out and Jon the big lunky non balancer will sit out.

FP, your analysis with Jonathan with hands up in celebration really makes me want to reconsider that Aitu loses the IC. I thought so bc I think editing shows Flicka goes and bc Yul says Ozzy should go.

But the Misdirection of Ozzy being a TARGET IS REALLY REALLY MISDIRECTION bc AITU doesn't even go to TC.

However, Corvis does say he thinks Flicka may be safe FOR NOW based on his Ep 6 confessional analysis. Jenny and Rebecca are at risk at Aitu under Corvis' analysis.

Rebecca or Jenny leaving will happen if Raro loses the IC and one of them (or both) will not be early jury? per TDT but misses jury)

If Rebecca is the one that did not want to do the physical part of RC (which she could just have walked out as far as she could into the water and then been real slow to get to Tiles platform per the vidap with Ozzy getting a HUGE lead). Adam will def. be pressing for her to go.

While Nate will not want to lose another Hiki Supreme (yet) and will still be gunning for Jenny. We know Brad does not like Jenny so it looks like PARVATI will again be in a deciding role and she has been on board for each of the eventual boots (if in fact Aitu does sweep)

Adam Jenny for Rebecca
Brad Nate Rebecca for Jenny

Parvati will not likely force a tie..so I think Jenny goes...she may even convince Adam to vote Jenny for now and put Rebecca on the "short list"

If Aitu does lose IC..it's def Flica.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-27-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
While I agree that I believe we are going to see an Aitu sweep and Ozzy's already big target get even bigger, I really DON'T THINK Aitu will use Nate in the RC challenge.

First of all, having Nate NOT able to compete for Raro is the real reward of having him through the RC. Also, they have to sit out 3 people -- who can't be sat out back-to-back. Why would you have 3 Aitus sit out, thereby making it so at the IC potentially 3 of your strongest will have to sit out??

Also, why would you let Nate compete where he may try to TANK the challenge so Raro could win? I don't see why they would be forced to actually make Nate compete in the challenge when they could just have him sit out useless.

So, Nate's look of despair could be from the IC, where I think Raro will lose . . . BUT it could also be from the RC that he is sitting out of as part of Aitu, and he's frustrated that his Raro Tribe is losing and he can't do anything about it.

I just don't think it makes strategic sense for Aitu to actually have Nate compete. I think he has to sit on the sidelines and just watch Raro lose big.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-27-06, 09:56 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Nate returns to Raro for IC and it's 7-6 Aitu adv and we know Jon sits out the IC zipline challenge

I still think it is too easy for Aitu (and Nate) if they are allowed to sit out Nate...Rupert had to participate in PI RC for which he was kidnapped. he helped them win but went back with Drake and did not enjoy the reward....was it bc Morgan was so decimated by that point.

But from FP's great analysis below we see that Becky is participating in RC so it must be Flicka/Sundra...and Nate...grr

And also from below (you're on fire this week FP--it's the week off I guess!) it must be Adam asking Brad "why aren't you swimming?" So if Adam the exhausted one blames Brad presumably back at camp...could Aitu send their kidnapped man to Exile Island to have a harrowing nite in the storm??!!??...how evil I LOVE IT!!!

But, of course, you knew that already

10-27-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
7. "Back to Business ..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-06 AT 03:28 PM (EST)

before BR and FP get here!! darn FP is here! Here's a little nugget for you FP!

Zipline and TILES are TWO different challenges...It's Jiffy's wardrobe again! Thanks to BJ over in Sucks Mess Hall

BLUE for TILES and

WHITE for ZIPLINE

10-27-06, 03:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Back to Business ..."
It sure looks like an Aitu sweep. Thanks FP for reconstructing those challenges.

10-27-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Back to Business ..."
Well I just don't know which challenge is RC or IC. I am leaning toward the zipline challenge for IC as we see a very disappointed Nate, AND, we see clearly only ONE Aitu sitting out, Jonathan. If it were the RC, then since Nate is with the Aitu's, they would need 2 Aitu's to sit out. I really think the tiles is the very physical RC where someone is exhausted, and the zip line is the IC.

10-27-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
13. "Breaking Tiles is the RC"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-06 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

With the help of the misdirection thread, I feel as though the RC is definately the racing and breaking the tiles...

One Survivor confronts another about their choice to sit out of the physical portion of the Reward Challenge, blaming the loss on them. How will this decision affect their position in the game?

Note the wording of the "physical portion of the RC". If you look at this pic:

Clearly you can see that there are two mats that the Raros are divided on. We see that first we have Rebecca going out to break a tile against Ozzy, then Adam and Parvati are waiting with their sticks to take their turns on their mat. I suspect this challenge is 2 different parts. The others, Jenny, Brad are dressed in clothes, and are not waiting with sticks, they are waiting to complete their portion of this challenge, on their own separate mat.

Now you can see them here from this pic as well....

You can see that the second mat that the clothed Brad and Jenny are on is well behind the first mat. FWIW, I think that it is quite cool as the daws look cold. Here is Candice awaiting her turn, note she is clothed until she has to take off her clothes to go after Ozzy. Note that Yul looks cold as well...

Jonathan and Becky can be seen behind Candice, they must be on the second mat behind Candice/Yul/Ozzy and their mat. Jon and Becky are clearly participating in this challenge, so sit outs must be Sundra/Nate/Flicka

So, One Survivor confronts another about their choice to sit out of the physical portion of the Reward Challenge, blaming the loss on them. How will this decision affect their position in the game?

Someone on Raro is blaming Brad because he chose to sit out the physical portion of the RC, and opted to do the other portion...

10-27-06, 10:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Breaking Tiles is the RC"
Pack it up guys, FP has figured this WEEK OUT!!Great work FP just absolutely spot on..So who's the BOOT?!?

So it's 3 swimmers and 2 landers in the RC TIle challenge

Aitu--Ozzy Yul and Candice swimmers
Jon and Becky Landers doing a Puzzle?

Sit out: Flicka Sundra Nate

Raro--Adam Parv Reb swimmers
Brad and Jenny landers Puzzle?

Parv and Reb would not confront Brad about it--they treated Cristina better and felt bad. Jenny won't confrong him bc she also didn't do the physical part. So Adam (OMH) is the confronter.

And Adam is the "exhausted" one. But my question...why don't they each have to break 2 tiles?? I don't think they have to (see Knuckles questions about all the vidcaps showing Ozzy breaking a lot of the tiles). It's probably like that Rob M challenge and you just have to do one and once that happens anyone can do it. So Ozzy and Adam both try to break 4 plates (ok maybe Yul breaks 2 plates) but Parv and Reb have gotten them too far behind and Adam tries to take it upon himself but collapses after the 3rd one and Parv has to try but Ozzy blows right past her......and Brad and Jenny never even get to start their "puzzle" part. I def think it's a puzzle bc Becky and Jon (with Yul) also are def chosen for puzzles first by Aitu. Maybe Brad thinks he's smarter rather than a good swimmer.

I was wondering how Brad may go...and besides just voting Jenny last week, Adam will remember this challenge and what Brad did not do.

Now whether Brad goes before Rebecca, that depends on whether there is a Fake merge, wh the jury is 7 or 9 members, and how the double boot goes on Nov 16...

We "know" from TDT that Brad just "misses the jury" so if the Jury starts at F9 then he's safe until the other 2 women are gone (not Parv--Jenny then Rebecca)and Flicka goes for Aitu either Nov 9 next week or part of the double boot ep on Nov 16

I (we) just know the next 4 boots are Jenny Brad Rebecca and Flicka

I think it's Jenny who is toast this week bc Nate will convince Adam that they still need Brad...Nate will get his way now after what happened with JP...they've lost since that time. Nate will get his way on the boot too.

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-28-06, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "... or "

10-28-06, 08:32 AM (EST)
20. "RE: ... or "
Way to go, VG! You have found visual confirmation of the sit outs. I think in the farther to the right frame of Ozzy taking off that you can see Sundra on the other side of Nate as well. They are sitting left to right, Sundra, Nate, Flicka. Thanks!

10-28-06, 07:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivoraddicted Click to send private message to survivoraddicted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Look at this 2 pics from survivorfever.net

http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=381&pos=59
http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=381&pos=63

Are they from the next episode? If not, Jenny and Rebecca are safe in episode 7? Am I right??

10-28-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

thanks for the kudos, emy! You are a breath of fresh air on these boards, what would we do without the Mistress keeping us all in line, hmmmmm???!

Anyway, WELCOME to Blows, survivoraddicted! You are not alone here! Hope you will stick around and feel free to throw in your 2 cents with the rest of us. I agree with you one hundred percent! The two pics you refer to are KEY to the boot this week....

If you will notice Jiffy is wearing a YELLOW shirt!!! So this is not from episode 7, it is from a future episode!!! So the reaction shot of the daws...

...is also from a future episode and NOT episode 7. Jiffy is wearing a dark blue shirt for the RC in ep 7, and a Light Blue shirt for the IC...

So, Rebecca and Jenny are safe in episode 7? Boot = Brad???, or could it be Flicka???

10-28-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
If indeed Raro would go back to Tribal Council, I think they'll keep the men. So probably Parvati would be the choice if jenny and Rebecca made it through episode 7. But I think Raro would win immunity. I'm leaning on a Candice or a Jessica boot. Candice because she mouthed I love you to Adam. I think someone must have seen that or at least Nate did. Jessica because she's the only one who didn't vote for Cao Boi. Or Jonathan? The women don't trust her anymore. I read somewhere that there would be a lot of blindsides this season. SO far we only have JP and Cao Boi...

10-28-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 12:47 PM (EST)

I think the green bottle could be Ep 7...look at jiffy's outfit here w/bottle it's yellow

Are we sure this is in reaction to the bottle?

and then here in IC from Ep 7 it could be yellow up on the zip line platform

But I would agree this shirt does not look yellow...are they playing with the buffomatic now on Jiffy's clothes?!? where is this shot in Ep 7? the RC he has a dark blue shirt...

Could the message in the bottle say that they can choose to become an Aitu member after TC--they would give this choice to the losers

If it is Brad that goes this week bc of the yellow shirt being in a later ep pre merge in Ep 10, it's bc of him not swimming in the RC and it's at Adam's doing...but would Nate let another man go???

If it is Brad this week, then we could have a larger jury bc of TDT's tip just misses jury with Flicka going next week and then Jenny and Rebecca as the double boot as first jurors with the bottle happening in Ep 9 on Nov 16???

ANother possibility is that IT IS NOT AN AITU SWEEP and the Jon shot of his arms up in the air is not at the end but just when Aitu is leading.

Then Flicka goes in Ep 7 with Ozzy as misdirection (the APAll does not want to lose their food provider!!)

and then BRAD GOES NEXT WEEK Ep 8 and the Yellow Shirt with bottle shot is from EP 8 on Nov 9 and they are given the opp to go to Aitu. No one does and Brad pays for his decision and he just misses the jury wiht the jury starting in Ep 9 on Nov 16 at F11 with Jenny and Rebecca leaving in Double boot.

THen the Merge is Ep 10 on Thanksgiving. With the 3rd juror leaving. Probably Nate.

10-28-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
The preview itself doesn't tell us that those two shots are from the same challenge. The (over)reaction of the Rarotonga players seems more appropriate to an emotional reward like letters from home than from a message-in-a-bottle twist in the game.

The caps are too poor quality to verify at the moment, but it's also possible that those blue things hanging behind Rarotonga are the same blue things seen floating in the background during the zip line.

Some of the later shots of the challenge do seem to indicate that bags are collected along the way.

I would like to argue that the juxtaposition of the Probst and Rarotonga footage is possible misdirection and that the E7 boot is in fact in the Rarotonga shot, but the preview editors wouldn't really dissect it that far, would they? ;)

10-28-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Of course you are right, VG, in that we can not assume the reaction shot pic is indeed a reaction to what is in the bottle that Jiffy is telling them about. But, we know that the reaction shot is NOT the line up preRC, as Nate is with the Aitu's at that time. So, I agree that it could be a reaction shot from like something as letters from home would evoke. But Letters from home would be REWARD, and not IC, and this shot must be IC if it is indeed from episode 7. The key question we have to answer is, Is this reaction shot from episode 7? Why would they be reacting with such surprise at an IC...is Jiffy saying it's a double boot again?...No, not this ep, anyway. I just don't think the reaction shot fits with this ep...

We have pics of Nate reacting from the IC, zipline challenge.

He does not have the bandana on his head, but he could have removed it...

10-28-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
My response was to the OP.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-06, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
boy, you guys are amazing this week! Flowerpower, thanks so much for lining this all up in a way that makes sense, and VG, nailing those sit-outs, and mistress emy, for all you do; everyone, really, I'm in awe.

FP, I agree they're cold ... see them in camp

this is midwinter there and the big storm is going to hit the night after the RC, so I think the cold front has hit and the water feels freezing. It looks tropical but in fact it's way below body temp, much colder than a swimming pool. So when we consider why someone would be exhausted, I think it's the additional factor of swimming through cold water and then getting out wet in cold air.

If conditions are extra cold, that could account for water aversion and for someone being cranky who had to do the swimming.

10-28-06, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

and speaking of weather, you can see that during the zipline IC the lagoon is clouded up ...

but in this pic of JP the sky is completely blue in the background.

Granted the background to Probst is towards the southwest and the zipline shot is towards the southeast (where weather comes from), but it looks like a different day to me.

VG is right of course that the reaction shot may not at all go with JP producing a bottle.

10-28-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"

Has anyone seen big trees like the ones behind them in challenge footage background? I know these don't grow on two of the challenge motus (they're using three), but I'm not sure about the long island across the channel.

I do know they grow at Raro camp.

Also, do we have any pics of Rebecca in her yellow top in Ep 7?

It certainly does appear to me like a photo they could have cropped because they wanted to use this reaction shot but didn't want to show who was missing and give away boot order ...

A Brad boot in Ep 7 could explain why Raro continues to tank IC after IC, although the poor guy has no story to speak of yet.

I can think of one good reason they'd want a 9 person jury (sorry if it's been said but I missed that discussion) -- simply to ensure full ethnic representation on the jury. Aitu is down to Ozzy and you can bet the producers know that Jonathan is talking about taking him out before the merge.

10-29-06, 09:00 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
Thanks for all of your astute observations, OFG. You make some very interesting points. I just think that the reacting Raro's is not from episode 7. The only time it could be is just prior to the IC. The vegatation is different, as you point out, mostly palms at the IC, while the reacting raro shot looks to have a very large deciduous tree/hard wood. Nate has a bandana on his head, Rebecca is wearing her yellow top(of course these could be removed), and then the weather, as you note, the yellow shirt Jiffy has brilliant sunshine, while clearly it's overcast and cloudy at the IC.

The variation in the IC pics and the reacting Raro's shot is just too much for me to ignore and raises too many red flags. I do feel as though I am led to believe that the Aitus will win the challenge with the Super-Ozzy, the disappointed Nate shots, and the jumping up with both arms in the air, Jonathan. So, knowing that the boot is most likely one of Brad, Jenny, Rebecca, I'm throwing in with Brad.

RabidDingo 6 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RabidDingo Click to send private message to RabidDingo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Ep 7 Web Promo"
I agree. The preview clips showed hints of Aitu winning the IC so I can see either Brad or Jenny getting the boot. Adam is another possibility.

10-29-06, 09:28 AM (EST)
30. "Sports Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-06 AT 06:10 PM (EST)

Thanks to Survivor Phoenix!

Interesting shots of Jonathan, Adam, Brad, and Rebecca...none of Jenny...

Does anyone else think Adam is about to drop the "f" bomb here??? Could he be our exilee???

10-29-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"

Have they ever had an episode where both the RC and IC are comprised of a physical portion and then a puzzle solving portion? Is that a commom practice? Whenever a challenge has been both physical and mental, hasn't it just been one challenge or the other? Not both challenges?

10-30-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
I'm sure they have. There's a reason TDT mocks them for having a puzzle of some sort -- suprise!!! -- in almost every challenge. Sometimes it doesn't look like a puzzle, like it'll be to assemble something big, but it's still mental because the pieces only fit one way.

10-30-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"

Thanks OFG. The reason I was asking is because so far, there is a lot that just doesn't add up to me. Nothing new I know, but still. This is worse than usual. I give up on my effort to make them reversed and will accept that the plates is for reward and zipline is immunity but even doing that, things still don't seem right.

Soooooooo, rather than just go along with what seems to be the concensus I will give another view in the hopes that when I am picked apart, something will click and make sense to me. lol

First lets start with the sit outs during RC. Do you all really see 3 blurred out people sitting on that bench? My eyes must be worse than I thought. And is it normal for the people sitting out to sit on the side of the opposing team like that? Just doesn't seem right.

OFG, you said the weather comes from the southeast there, so since the sky isn't completely cloudy yet........

.....and the players don't look cold in this challenge like they do in the other one, is it possible that the big storm is just starting to move into the area during this challenge? Bad weather move in, air turns cold, big storm that night. Skies stay bad, air stays cold, have the other challenge the next day. Of course, that would make the zipline the RC and there are some things I can't figure out if that were the case but that also applies if the plates are RC.

The picture that was translated to be Becky and Jonathan at the plate challenge on a mat behind Candice, with Candice being cold and waiting to remove top to do swimming part......

doesn't seem right either. I would think that looks more like they are lined up listening to JP describe the challenge. Jonathan is clapping and grinning like they have just heard what the reward will be.

The picture that is widely believed to be Nate looking angry, disappointed, frustrated, etc.......

seems to be more like he is just wiping water from his face and hair while heavily exhaling or some such gesture after exerting himself during his swimming part. The hands just don't seem right to be disgusted, they start out overlapped a little and make a sweeping motion much like wiper blades. lol

Now the zipline challenge. This one seems to be a lot more physical than the one with plates. The other one you swim out, break a plate, swim back. Must be more to it but it doesn't appear to be shown. That doesn't seem as hard as the other challenge to me.

I hope I grabbed the right picture here. This one seems like it would be much harder to me. Jonathan is sitting out the challenge and we see him by the zipline and there is a cargo net in the background.

Here, Ozzy is going down the zipline, landing in the water, and then swimming over to retrieve a bag that most likely contains puzzle pieces.

I would assume they then hang the bag around their neck, swim back to shore, and then climb the cargo net back up to where they began.

I can't tell for sure if this is Yul with the goggles but I think so. He is climbing back to the top where they started on the zipline with Jonathan cheering him on. Can't really infer the end is near because they would still have to solve the puzzle. (quick question....what the heck is that in the very top left corner of the picture?)

At the top, the other team members are waiting on the bags so they can solve whatever the puzzle is. In this picture it is Becky and who knows who else for Aitu.

All this activity is what makes me think this challenge seems a lot more physical than the plates, but then again I know we aren't seeing everything for that other challenge.

One of the things I can't figure out about the zipline is where the heck these poles fit in.

It is obviously part of the same challenge because you can see the zipline in the background on the right side of the picture. Is it possible that they have to climb these to initially get to the starting platform or something? I would think the poles would be in the water in case someone fell off, can't have them breaking their bones you know. But that just doesn't make any sense either because the starting platform is on solid ground. They don't seem to fit in so I say get rid of them. lol Ugnore the poles.

Before I go, can someone explain how TDT comes up with a Raro win in IC this time? That has me banging my head against things too and I'm getting a headache. I will already be using a good portion of my remaining picks in the PTB game this week and I just can't go spreading them out among two teams. Sheeeesh.

Ok, that's all. Tear it apart.

10-30-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
Okay, Knuckles, I can give some responses. VG clearly has a vidcap of Nate and Flicka on the sidelines of the swim, break the tiles challenge. If Nate is sitting out, it MUST be the RC, as he wouldn't be sitting out if it was the IC, he'd be participating.

The picture that was translated to be Becky and Jonathan at the plate challenge on a mat behind Candice, with Candice being cold and waiting to remove top to do swimming part......
doesn't seem right either. I would think that looks more like they are lined up listening to JP describe the challenge. Jonathan is clapping and grinning like they have just heard what the reward will be.

The pic of Candice with Jonathan and Becky in the background. If you listen to the commercial, Jonathan is clapping his hands yelling, Go Ozzy, go Ozzy, go Ozzy... It is clearly mid-challenge and Ozzy is in the water. The pic was taken with a telephoto lens, as Jonathan and Becky appear blurred...therefore Candice is well in front of them, while they are much farther back.

Regarding the pic of Nate, the only time he gets in the water to swim is for the Raro tribe for the IC, as he's sitting out with at least Flicka for the RC...

I suppose he could be just wiping his eyes after the swim, but he looks more disappointed...

I can't tell for sure if this is Yul with the goggles but I think so. He is climbing back to the top where they started on the zipline with Jonathan cheering him on. Can't really infer the end is near because they would still have to solve the puzzle. (quick question....what the heck is that in the very top left corner of the picture?)...it's the tribal or just the Survivor Flag/Banner. True, the end of the challenge is not there yet, more than likely, but regardless, Jonathan looks very encouraged and happy...

It is obviously part of the same challenge because you can see the zipline in the background on the right side of the picture. Is it possible that they have to climb these to initially get to the starting platform or something?Yes, I think those poles do climb up to the raised, starting platform. AS for falling off, you will note that there is a solid bannister there for them, should they require it. I would think the poles would be in the water in case someone fell off, can't have them breaking their bones you know. But that just doesn't make any sense either because the starting platform is on solid ground.Solid platform is clearly raised, well above the ground They don't seem to fit in so I say get rid of them. lol Ugnore the poles.

Before I go, can someone explain how TDT comes up with a Raro win in IC this time? That has me banging my head against things too and I'm getting a headache. I will already be using a good portion of my remaining picks in the PTB game this week and I just can't go spreading them out among two teams. Sheeeesh.

Well, you got me there Knuckles. I just don't know why TDT came up with a Raro win in the IC this time...very perplexing!

10-30-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-06 AT 02:51 PM (EST)

I wanted to add this little riddle from Zhirtok at Sucks...who says he/she knows what's inside the green bottle and that the bottle occurs in Ep 7. If so, could the buffomatic had made an appearance this week on Jiffy?

If the green bottle is this week, then it could still be Jenny or Rebecca if Raro loses (or Brad for that matter )

However, it could also still be Flicka if Aitu loses. TDT surmises that Aitu loses bc Parv and Jenny are walking up the poles (Parv on another pole, what a suprise ) and that could be the last thing they have to do and no Aitu is seen doing it also.

The shot of Jonathan cheering very well might be mid challenge bc he is bringing back the puzzle pieces for Becky (and whomever else) to put them together.

TDT thinks it's a Aitu loss for the the Ozzy misdirection tidbit has to any teeth to it. However it could just be double misdirection with Aitu not even going to TC.

If the green bottle is in fact later because of the yellow shirt, it could very well affect Jenny and Rebecca both (double boot ep Ep 9) who are shown having the most reaction to it. Do we yet know for sure that the Jenny Rebecca wow shot is after the green bottle/yellow JIffy shirt cap?

I can only tell you this...its either Brad Flicka Jenny or Rebecca this week

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
TDT thinks it's a Aitu loss for the Ozzy misdirection tidbit has to any teeth to it.

Just back after a long weekend -- thanks and compliments to everyone on all the analysis so far.

I agree with TDT -- Ozzy is heavily featured and associated with the words "ultimate," "dominant," "strength," and "target," after several weeks of showing how he's the sole provider and his "stock is soaring". It seems likely this has been building up to something, and Ozzy's so overhyped here, this may be the occasion when they have to seriously consider voting him out.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

10-31-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
I was wondering where you were!! This place for me isn't the same without your great analysis

I too am leaning towards a Raro IC win with Flicka going and Ozzy misdirection (we know he stays from future reward shot of him and becky being carried into a reward on chairs)

Us, agreeing, when was the last time that happened?!?

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Sports Promo Vidcaps"
I'm sure it must have happened at least once before this season.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •