The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KoalaChick 509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-13-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale"
I work for a CBS affiliate, and we just got the order to put the Finale and Reunion shows on December 17th. That might help you all with the timeline.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Brownroach 10-13-06 1
   RE: Finale emydi 10-13-06 2
   RE: Finale PepeLePew13 10-13-06 3
       RE: Finale Brownroach 10-13-06 4
           RE: Finale emydi 10-13-06 5
               RE: Finale michel 10-13-06 6
                   RE: Finale Brownroach 10-13-06 9
               RE: Finale Brownroach 10-13-06 7
                   RE: Finale emydi 10-13-06 8
 Another Possibility emydi 10-14-06 10
   RE: Another Possibility michel 10-14-06 11
       RE: Another Possibility emydi 10-14-06 12
           RE: Another Possibility CTgirl 10-15-06 13
           RE: Another Possibility Booted 10-16-06 14
           RE: Another Possibility Brownroach 10-16-06 15
               RE: Another Possibility emydi 10-16-06 16
                   RE: Another Possibility Brownroach 10-16-06 17
 RE: Finale SurvivorPhilly 10-17-06 18
   RE: Finale Brownroach 10-17-06 19
       RE: Finale SurvivorPhilly 10-18-06 20
 RECARP ALERT Outfrontgirl 10-18-06 21
   RE: RECARP ALERT Round Robin 10-19-06 22
   RE: RECARP ALERT Brownroach 10-19-06 23
       RE: RECARP ALERT mommamia 10-20-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale"
Thanks, KC!

That gives us either 14 eps and a recap or 15 eps with no recap:

Ep6 October 19
Ep7 October 26
Ep8 November 2
Ep9 November 9
Ep10 November 16
Ep11 November 23
Ep12 November 30
Ep13 December 7
Ep14 December 14
Finale December 17

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-06 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

oh great! now I have to find another person to do another SOTS!!

Thanks Koala! anything else?

Could there be a recrap if Ep 6 is the only Double boot? NO, in fact another double boot ep is needed! I HOPE NOT I HATE RECRAPS and there hasn't been on Thxgiving has there? I remember way bay to S3 watching Survivor on Thanksgiving nite...

ETA after reading pepe and BR and michel posts

Ep6 October 19 DOUBLE BOOT WE KNOW F15 to F13
Ep7 October 26 DOUBLE OR SINGLE BOOT? F13 to F12 or F11
Ep8 November 2 DOUBLE or SINGLE BOOT? F12 to F10 or F11 to F10
Ep9 November 9 MERGE?? SINGLE BOOT F10 TO F9
Ep10 November 16 F9 to F8
Ep11 November 23 F8 to F7
Ep12 November 30 F7 to F6
Ep13 December 7 F6 to F5
Ep14 December 14 F5 to F4
Finale December 17 Final 4

I still think a quadruple boot would have been great!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-06 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

Whoops... ETF as I had it from 16 to 14 in the next episode but of course it's 15 to 13.

I'm going to assume no recap as we haven't had one for a while and I'm going to assume there won't be any double boots once we get to the jury, so working with your schedule:

Ep6 October 19 15 down to 13 with the double boot in the promos
Ep7 October 26
Ep8 November 2
Ep9 November 9
Ep10 November 16 9 down to 8
Ep11 November 23 8 down to 7
Ep12 November 30 7 down to 6
Ep13 December 7 6 down to 5
Ep14 December 14 5 down to 4
Finale December 17 4 left

So that means we've got one extra boot to fit in somewhere from Ep. 7 to 9.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

10-13-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale"
At some point back when, wickchix said there would be "some fun double eliminations" (plural). So -- one more double boot would fit. I have a feeling that will happen right before the merge.

10-13-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale"
So this means you do the finale SOTS, right BR....like wonderful bookends on a wonderful SOTS season !!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale"

I think they would do two double eliminations in a row so that we have a really important Immunity Challenge just before the usual 10 person merge. If they have a double boot at 12 then it is already decided how the tribes would merge.

10-13-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Finale"
Maybe, but I kind of think 2 double-boots in a row would be bad TV -- it's the same twist twice, so you'd want to space them out a little, imo. And it was thinking it would be a surprise for the pre-merge TC because, say your tribe was down one member -- you'd be thinking you still had a chance to even it up; then you'd find out no way. In effect it would make both tribes decide which person they didn't want to bring to the merge.

10-13-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Finale"
I have an idea, emy -- why don't you do the Finale SOTS and pretend that VerucaSalt wrote it?

10-13-06, 03:39 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Finale"
OMH! could you imagine how long that post would have to be!?!

10-14-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
10. "Another Possibility"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-06 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

After reading the editing thread again with all different people likely to hook up again at merge I'm thinking about another possibility is for an EARLY MERGE at F12

We know next week is Double boot ep. with F15 and F14 go. It appears that it's Flicka (CB appears to have II) and Jenny (Cristin. Personally, I think it is Jenny next week and OFG theory supports that from the tv promos...read VS post of her ep 5 thoughts and FP's recent post too. Then Ep 7 is a single boot so as to not become boring. Maybe Aitu finally loses another IC and CB is next at F13.

Then at F12 it is 6-6 Raro Aitu

Raro Aitu

Parvati-Adam Candice

Cristina Ozzy

Rebecca Sundra

Nate Jonathan

Brad Yul Becky

In this situation we have Parv/Adam hooking back up with Candice (as VS predicts). Cristina hooking back up with Oscar (Margaret/Judd part deux?). Rebecca and Sundra (still bosom buddies? VS seems to think this pairing was showcased while on Hiki bc it will come back as a factor later on)

I see Nate and Brad as def. Raro now and not likely to go back to their original tribes. Michel's post about Jonathan telling his old Raro teammates that the HI is found as a way of telling them not to send him and Candice back is very interesting. Jon is a chess player and trying to play all sides. It's a whole other kettle of fish, remember

Of the 12 remaining then we have

4 Original Raro

Parv
Adam
Candice
Jonathan

3 original Puka

Yul
Becky
Brad

3 original Hiki

Nate
Sundra
Rebecca

2 original Aitu

Ozzy
Cristina

Possibly the first IC after the F12 merge is the typical endurance challenge which Ozzy wins. The others may go back to original lines to boot the lone Cristina or they could go after the strong men Adam/Nate not Yul bc by this time everyone will know he has HI, plus Yul has his alliance of 5 (or 6 as me, FP and michel surmise--his 6 person alliance would make it to early merge)

Then the next ep. could be another double boot (maybe even with Double II) to make it interesting...then it's single eps. from thereon when jury starts to be chosen

Ep 6 Oct 19 F15 and F14 go (Flicka and Jenny)
Ep 7 Oct 26 F13 go (CB)
Ep 8 Nov 2 MERGE F12 goes Cristina Adam Nate ??
Ep 9 Nov 9 Double boot?? F11 F10 go Cristina Adam Nate Brad??
Ep 10 Nov 16 F9 first juror goes
Ep 11 Nov 23 F8 second juror goes(early family visit Thxgiving)
Ep 12 Nov 30 F7 third juror goes
Ep 13 Dec 7 F6 fourth juror goes
Ep 14 Dec 14 F5 fifth juror goes
Ep 15 Dec 17 Final 4 to winner announced

Now when this "thing" happens that makes us root for the underdog...I'm very very curious now about this!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-06, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Another Possibility"
A double boot in the individual part now that is interesting! How do you suppose they do it? A regular vote or give everyone two votes?

10-14-06, 08:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Another Possibility"
Not sure better to have two votes. I hate the fact that the 2nd highest vote getter gets booted if HI is used. But in order to save some stronger players (usually targeted after merge) they could give 2 II like the Rupert/Burton ep in PI. The double boot would come before the jury at F11-F10. But you realize I rarely am correct in what actually happens. I was sort of right on how they picked the teams on the switch(opposite tribes only) but not quite (they split up genders)

The reason why I think it happens this way is that VS is usually pretty good about figuring out who may meet up again and there are too many different groups that she thinks may hook back up. I was looking at my PTTE and thought of this possibility. The one that really made me think of this is the Adam Parv Candice meeting up again. I don't see Adam esp. making to F10; Candice maybe but she has no real story except her being favored by old Raro. So to fulfill VS prediction which I agree with, I think an early merge has to occur.

We'll see.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another Possibility"
I was thinking the same thing -- there are just too many unfinished stories from the original tribes. If you add up the end game players plus those who need to hook up again (Yul, Becky, Jonathan, Parvati, Ozzy & Christina, Sundra & Rebecca, Candice & Adam) and assume Jenny, Flicka and Cao Boi are the next out that leaves Brad and Nate out at F11 and F12. They're typical premerge boots, but I don't think Raro would vote out Nate before Christina. Think of all the fun that would happen with all the jockeying going on with an early merge!

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Another Possibility"
Emydi:

Don't know or think this would happen but what if they had a single immunity. Go to tribal council. Have a vote to boot someone and then, without knowing ahead of time, immediatly have a second tribal council with the same person immune?

Booted

10-16-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Another Possibility"
I don't see any reason why Ozzy and Cristina have to hook up again, nor Rebecca and Sundra.

The bonding between Rebecca and Sundra was significant for the way Ep 1 played out, but they never said they had an alliance in Ep 1, and neither one has mentioned the other since they split up. While it's possible they would reconnect, it's just as likely that that connection is over and done with. Sundra in particular seems to be embarking on a new storyline as of last week.

The Cristina/Ozzy confrontation provided misdirection for Ep 2. It also paved the way for Cristina's story of not getting along with her tribemates in the new tribe. And mostly, as has been noted, Ozzy is now highlighted as being alone. They wouldn't reestablish an alliance because Cristina didn't trust Ozzy. As with R and S, I think their stories are no longer connected.

10-16-06, 11:33 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Another Possibility"
You BR are such a spoil sport

I get this direct from the editing guru's mouth!!

I would agree that Ozzy/Cristina do not have to reconnect but I really think there is a great chance of the other two groups (R/S--more long term and C/P/A-just to merge)

Have they ever had an early merge--they had a late one in Thailand..stupid. Earlier would freak them out..

Let me have a little hope, mmmmkay?

10-16-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Another Possibility"
Editing makes a lot of things seem possible, it doesn't mean they're all going to happen. I'm personally of the belief that most of the editing goes into making sure the *individual episode* is interesting and entertaining, with just a smattering of hints of things to come (and those are usually confined to a very few people).

There's never been a merge before they were down to 10, that I remember. But they never had 20 active players before, so who knows what they'll do.

SurvivorPhilly 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-17-06, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorPhilly Click to send private message to SurvivorPhilly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Finale"
"For the first time, this "Survivor" finale will begin with five remaining castaways attempting to win the $1 million prize and title of "Ultimate" Survivor"

The only other time that the finale contained a different number than 4 contestants was in Australia with Colby, Tina, and Keith. These three were the core members of the dominant alliance in the Outback. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 in the finale of Cook Islands all belong to the same dominant alliance. This alliance will most likely be Candice, Jonathan, Yul, Becky and Sundra. The show seems to be focusing on the development of their alliance. It'd make for a climatic finale to see how they would battle each other. At this point it's going to be very hard to beat this alliance of five seeing as they have the Hidden Immunity Idol. Yul seems more willing than Terry to use it on someone else and if it came to an equally merged 10, 5 from Raro and 5 from Aitu, the hidden immunity idol would force the opposing alliance to lose a member, thus giving them the opportunity to Pagong Raro.
- The only kink in this plot is Candice who will waiver between her alliance on Aitu and her original alliance with Adam and Parvati. This of course will be used as story line to keep things interesting during the boring Pagonging stage.
- As far as rekindling old alliances, this rarely happens. In Palau Tom, Ian and Katie didn't take back Steph. In Guatemala, they didn't take back Gary. Same with Exile Island. In the Amazon the guys didn't join back up. It did happen in Vanuatu, but we all know how that ended up.

10-17-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Finale"
I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 in the finale of Cook Islands all belong to the same dominant alliance.

In Thailand the Final 5 were the Chuay Gahn alliance that ran the whole game, but the finale was only the Final 4.

SurvivorPhilly 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorPhilly Click to send private message to SurvivorPhilly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Finale"
True, but most of that season focused on Brian's suballiances with every member of his tribe rather than them as a whole alliance of 5. Plus a finale of 5 people in a season with only 16 would have cut down the episode count too much.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RECARP ALERT"
According to a CBS source, there will be a Recrap on October 26th, that's right, a pre-merge recrap.

Thanksgiving will air a new episode.
There will not be 15 new episodes, only 14.

Back to the Dawing board.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-06, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: RECARP ALERT"
OFG, as much as we all hate recraps, that would be the perfect night for one, as it is on what is scheduled to be the same night as the 5th game of the World Series. Rather than have a ratings fight with Fox that night, SeeBS will pick that night for the recrap if indeed they do one.

10-19-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
23. "RE: RECARP ALERT"
That's *next* week. Seems badly ill-timed -- hardly anything's happened that's worth going over again. If it really is next week, it will probably be the Cao Boi Show, lucky us.

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-20-06, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: RECARP ALERT"
Considering not even half of the survivors have been voted off yet it seems rather early to be recrapping. Good grief.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •