The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Great JP interview worth discussing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-06, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Great JP interview worth discussing"
I don't read a lot of bootee interviews these days, but JP makes
a lot of interesting revelations. I'm only posting the parts where he comments on other tribe members, as otherwise it's too long, but the whole thing is good. If someone wants to add Survivor Live, go for it.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/737/737938p2.html

I really didn't fake my personality when I was on the original Aitu tribe. We were just all kind of more adult about it. If we had a problem, we said it out in the open and we all talked about it. We were really comfortable with each other. Ozzy and Cristina got into fights all the time, but they worked it out. I would say something and if Cecilia didn't agree or if Cristina didn't agree, it wasn't like 'I hate you #####'. We talked it out. ...

IGN TV: You seemed genuinely surprised when the vote turned out the way it did. How do you think they managed to vote you off in that way without you (or Nate apparently) having any idea?

J.P.: That's because I genuinely was! (laughs) I took that nap and they did it while I was taking a nap. I was tired. It makes me mad because I took that nap, we just got back in from that last challenge. I did that swimming part and I was dying. That wiped me out. So I said 'I'm going to take a nap, if you guys need me, I'll be in the tent.' And that's when they decided to say 'hey'.

I was really, really shocked. I don't hate any of these people, but I was just really shocked about Brad, Adam and Cristina. Especially Cristina. I told her I would take her all the way. One thing about me is that I keep my word. I made an alliance with Nate, Brad, Adam, Cristina, Cecilia and Ozzy. Those were the people that I wanted to take as far as I could. I would report to Cristina everyday, what people were saying. I just don't understand why she didn't trust me. Everyone thought I was this diabolical schemer and I wasn't.

IGN TV: Why do you think of the original Aitu tribe, three of the first four eliminations have come from there?

J.P.: The curse of Billy. The curse of Billy has been upon us. You know, I don't know. With Billy, we voted him out because of the trust factor. With Cecilia, I think it was just she didn't fit where they needed people. And it was really just by one vote.

IGN TV: Do you think you were playing too hard?

J.P.: I wasn't playing, though. That's the thing. Everyone's making me this like I was in charge of everything and I was running the show and I wasn't. I didn't even start the alliance at the Raro tribe. I was sitting on the raft and me and Nate and Brad and we were talking and I don't know who brought it up, but they were like 'we should do an alliance with us four stick together' and I go 'ok, yeah, cool, let's do it' and they were like 'we need more girls' and I was like 'oh my god, this is sweet, this is where Cristina fits in. I've got one! Cristina's totally loyal.' And then Nate goes 'I've got Parvati' so then we were one up on them now.

I thought Nate this whole time was the one who orchestrated . Nate and Parvati. So at the finale, I'm going to give Nate a big high five, because he stuck to it. He didn't know. I was really bummed with Adam and Brad and Cristina.

IGN TV: Did you bond with anyone?

J.P.: I thought I did. I thought Cristina and I were completely tight. That was the biggest shocker to me.

IGN TV: Who do you hope wins the whole thing?

J.P.: Well, for the game reasons, I don't think anybody on our Raro tribe is going to win the game only because I don't think they have the mentality as a group and it shows. I mean, them voting me out because.. it wasn't a strategic reason why they voted me, they got this 'girl/guy' thing, it should be a 'what is going to be the strongest tribe going into the merge' thing. I'm thinking Ozzy has all the components to win the game, maybe he'll slide his way through there. He's going to have to lay under the radar big time now. And Yul seems to be the superman right now. He's doing everything right. He's playing a good game. So maybe those two. But then you gotta watch out for the silent ones, Candice, Becky or Sundra.

Exactly, watch out for Ozzy, Yul, and those 3 silent ones. All from nuAitu. I really think this is a good chunk of our F6. The other one ought to be from Raro. I'm thinking Pavarti.

Things that he lets us know about the alliance structure:
Jenny, Stephannie, Rebecca were on the outs with JP's alliance. (I think from JP's voting words that Steph wasn't on the block until she pointed herself out; it was Jenny). Brad apparently didn't offer to bring in Jenny. Adam didn't volunteer about Pavarti, but that may have been smart thinking (?!?) or the "bringing in girls" part came up when Adam was exiled.

JP didn't get to hang out with Nate, probably not with Pavarti either. (But I believe only small groups of pre-jurors hang out.)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Great JP interview worth discus... mimo 10-10-06 1
 RE: Great JP interview worth discus... Flowerpower 10-11-06 2
   RE: Great JP interview worth discus... emydi 10-11-06 3
 From Survivor Live Brownroach 10-11-06 4
   RE: From Survivor Live Outfrontgirl 10-11-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mimo 563 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-10-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mimo Click to send private message to mimo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Great JP interview worth discussing"
Thank for bringinig this over OFG. Very interesting.

It would seem that JP did not get a chance to discuss this with either Nate or Parvati. Although how sneaky are the survivors in their interviews? Would he have said something like that to make it seem he did not have much interaction with those two?

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Great JP interview worth discussing"
How could I pass up a thread titled, "Great Jp interview worth discussiong"???

Boy, you were right. I think this interview provides us with alot of insight into the machinations of the Raro tribe. He's essentially right when he notes that the raro's have "this girl/guy thing" when they should have 'what is going to be the strongest tribe going into the merge'...

While it's apparent that Rebecca, Jenny, and Stephanie were not in the "JP alliance", we must note that "JP's alliance" is not the dominant alliance. Also, he seems to have pegged the others that have the best chance to make the F6, but we must remember that JP has had the luxury of seeing all of these episodes, just as we have, at the time of the Survivor Live taping.

Thanks for bringing this over, OFG.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Great JP interview worth discussing"
when JP said Ozzy could win it on Survivor Live I just UGHHED!! I want him to win this thing...yes I think this is the first time in forever that we are rooting for the same DAW to be winner!!

The only one that I really ? whether she is in F6 is Candice. I just don't see it in the editing. VS mentioned that Candice Parv and Adam may meet up again based on editing. IF that occurs I see her going sooner after the merge...like Sally who she really reminds me of except a little "dumber"

You all have convinced me Becky is a long term player. I even think she helps to oust her big brother Yul. And Parvati too as a long term player but she is lucky the Brad and Adam came on board to boot JP...she really should have stuck with the men last time and rode that alliance to the merge and then hid behind all the stronger guys...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "From Survivor Live"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-06 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

He reinforced the above, with a couple of amplifications:

I had an alliance with Cristina before anybody already. That was our pact. Cecilia and Ozzy stay alive as long as you can. Cristina and I will do our part and when we get together we'll reunite. I told Cristina on the side that I will take her all the way if I can. That was my intention.

DR: Your intention was to take her over any of the guys?

That was my word. That was my first word. With the guys, our alliance was to make the final merge and all get to the...theoretically to the top five. That was my goal and then we can duke it out. That was understood with everybody. We'll deal with it when we get to that point but let's be realistic. You can't take everybody all the way. My goal was to get Ozzy, Cristina, Adam, me and Brad up there, all up there. Cause those are the people that I gave my word to. And the people that I didn't give my word to, I never talked to.

Cristina who I stuck my neck out for everyday...nobody liked Cristina at all. I stuck up for her because she works. She applies herself. If somebody annoys me, I don't care but if they're valuable you gotta keep them. I thought Rebecca and Jenny, I don't understand...

...I never talked to Rebecca and I never talked to Jenny about an alliance so they were two people that I didn't care about...the two of them, which were gonna go. Parvati we had to keep around because she made an alliance with Nate and I didn't want to jeopardize my alliance with Nate and ruin the alliance that we made. Parvati kind of was in my mind, though.

A big mistake with our tribe is we never talked strategy. I'm sure the other island did.
(<<< this was in reference to choosing Candice as the exile, but I thought it was an interesting remark)

and

Then we got out of that group and you get with other people, there were some insecure people who can't handle a person like myself...I think if I was on the other tribe, I think they would have been more systematic about their approach to the game.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: From Survivor Live"
interesting remarks, everyone!
good stuff in this SL, BR!

Boy, JP sure is mad at Cristina, and nobody does like her (according to JP), and he didn't care about Jenny and Becca, but we saw he was sad at voting Steph.

And Parvati ... did real good for herself with her hook-up.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •